8.7

1. Apr 24, 2015
    The Incredibles may become the first Disney/Pixar film not to dominate at the box office. That statement has nothing to do with the film's quality - in fact, The Incredibles is among the best of Pixar's digitally animated movies. However, it's going up against The Polar Express, which has a number of advantages, not the least of which are its built-in audience and seasonal appeal. MoreThe Incredibles may become the first Disney/Pixar film not to dominate at the box office. That statement has nothing to do with the film's quality - in fact, The Incredibles is among the best of Pixar's digitally animated movies. However, it's going up against The Polar Express, which has a number of advantages, not the least of which are its built-in audience and seasonal appeal. More than anything else, The Incredibles is likely to be a victim of bad timing. Don't shed any tears for its makers, however. The film will still keep the cash registers ringing until it attains "blockbuster" status, although it won't be the runaway hit that Pixar's last production, Finding Nemo, was.

As the crop of digitally animated films becomes more abundant, audiences are likely to demand increasingly more from such movies. The early efforts mostly had everything: beautiful visuals, great voice acting, and superior writing. But, as more of these pictures reach screens and they become "routine," it's natural to speculate whether there will be a slip in quality. Fortunately, such a trend (if it ever develops) is not in evidence in The Incredibles. As with Toy Story and Finding Nemo, Pixar has again struck gold. The Incredibles isn't just fine family entertainment, it's superior family entertainment.

One thing immediately noticeable about this picture is that it is markedly more mature in tone and approach than any previous digitally animated movie (excepting Final Fantasy, which was intended for - and did not reach - an entirely different audience). That's not to say that kids, even young ones, won't enjoy The Incredibles, but it appears that writer/director Brad Bird composed his film with older children and their parents in mind. Also, because of the long running time (nearly two hours), boys and girls prone to restlessness may have trouble sitting through everything.

With its amazing variety of locations (the streets of a city, under the sea, a tropical island, etc.), The Incredibles may be the most visually daunting animated film to reach the screen to-date. And it's close to flawless. Only the people are rendered more like cartoons than reality, and that's a conscious decision. (If you want to see almost-real humans, The Polar Express is the closest you're likely to get at this time.) Digital animation has become so commonplace that we take its detail for granted, but a little consideration of the needed effort will result in a reaction not far removed from awe.

Although The Incredibles has plenty of action (including chases and battle scenes), its strength is that it makes the characters and their relationships more important than the fights and pyrotechnics. This is a close family - they just happen to possess some rather unusual abilities. Think Spy Kids, only animated. Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl are still in love, even after 15 years of marriage (although she has adjusted better than him to domestic life). The children have believable love/hate relationships with their parents. Dash is willful and disobedient because he's bored - he wants to use his super-speed to excel in sports. And Violet has entered that gawky stage of life when her body becomes uncomfortable to inhabit. She uses her invisibility to spy on a boy she likes without being seen.

The film's director is Brad Bird, who fashioned the uncommon The Iron Giant, a traditionally animated effort that has developed a large following amongst adults. For his latest outing, Bird keeps the same audience in mind. Where some animated movies attract adults using pop references and sly one-liners, Bird keeps older viewers interested by not dumbing down his screenplay. It's inevitable that some of The Incredibles' themes (such as that of a middle-age crisis) will go over the heads of kids, but it won't hurt the experience for them. They'll still thrill to the action scenes and laugh at the jokes. And they'll get the overall message about parents being the most important superheroes. But Bird's approach makes this a richer and more worthwhile experience for the over-18 crowd. No need to don a trenchcoat and sneak into this movie.

Ever wonder whether retired superheroes are subject to widening midsections and bad backs? Do they have problems with male pattern baldness? Wonder no longer. Those are just a few of the lighter questions that The Incredibles answers. Bird's feature is appropriately titled - it describes how most viewers will react to this exemplary mixture of top-notch storytelling, visual razzle-dazzle, accessible humor, and involving action. The Incredibles is without question one of 2004's most accomplished and enjoyable family-oriented films.
  2. Apr 13, 2015
    1010 .................................................................................…………............................................................
  3. Apr 6, 2015
    the incredibles for me is the 3rd best Pixar movie of all time. the incredibles is really dark for a Pixar film (only film from Pixar to be PG) there is a manage of superhero's dying and I am ok with this.
  4. Mar 16, 2015
    When a Pixar movie comes out, you know it will be great every time. And this is no exception. It has great humor and an awesome plot line. Not to mention the consistent animation, which is the best out of all the animation companies.
  5. Nov 23, 2014
    The Incredibles es una película de animación con mucha acción que no solo logra obtener un buen resultado entre la fusión de vida personal y vida de super-héroe, si no que también es un buen film del género familiar.
  6. Oct 19, 2014
    From the creators of "Toy Story," "Monsters, Inc." and "Finding Nemo," comes this hilarious action-packed animated adventure about superheroes and their lifes.
  7. Oct 13, 2014
    Another great achievement from Pixar, but with human characters. The film definitely reminds me of The Simpsons because of the great connection between the family. The character of Bob Parr has a passion of being a superhero which really shows through his character. It's got action, suspense, and is probably one of Pixar's most grown up films
  8. Aug 15, 2014
    Few films produced by Pixar are so flawed in terms of plot and meaning. Here, the storytelling is not as sharp and engaging as in "Toy Story" or "Ratatouille", but action lovers will be very impressed with its outstanding visuals and some great action sequences. Compared to other Disney releases, this one is profoundly weak, though.
  9. Jul 7, 2014
    One of Pixar's best, just under 'Toy Story'. It felt like every good superhero movie mixed in to create one juggernaut of a film. Funny, smart, and presses on the important issue of family, I recommend this to any Pixar enthusiast.
  10. Jun 11, 2014
    It's a really good movie...

It's a really good movie...

Almost every scene has something to appreciate; the story is solid, the characters are fun, the lore is kinda cool, the animation is great and the character design is very good... I know we have seen the super-hero family setting somewhere else but this movie somehow makes it work like is new, the length is fairly good and is a fun movie for young kids. The director has always been good with family bond movies and he repeats this statement with this film, I think the design of the characters are great, I think is important to say because many 3D films usually design the characters on the computer, but in this movie they were drawn first.

I think that the movie could have been much better if there was more focus on the family instead of Mr. Incredible's "mid-life crisis", I still think many can enjoy this film, is just that good... I highly recommend it.
  11. Mar 25, 2014
    This is a great movie to watch on the weekends for sure, it's got action, comedy, and the hint of love throughout the entire movie. It had its boring points of pointless scenes that were added as fillers, but still, a solid film! I do hope they release "The Incredibles 2" after they introduced the new villain at the end (The Underminer).
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    i love brad birds animated films but even better the incredible's . sometimes i look at animated films in a different way but hey it i see a story about a super hero family which i actually enjoy at least it was better then watching tyler perry's meet the browns .
  13. Mar 15, 2014
    Bird has created the unprecedented film that is not just a grand feature-length cartoon but a grand feature, period, a piece of animation that's involving across a spectrum of comedy, action, even drama.
  14. Mar 5, 2014
    in my childhood, it was my favorite animated movie
    after years, it still continuing very amazing
    the pixar disney don't let down in their epic 3D animations
  15. Jan 5, 2014
    A classic superhero cum kids movie, The Incredibles is great for the whole family. Adults will actually enjoy this movie, and it is a little bit less kid-oriented than some other Pixar flicks. Either way, definitely see if you haven't already.
  16. Nov 27, 2013
    It would be very cliche to say it was incredible, but it was. Very clever story told with such poignancy. It really is great for all ages, which is something Pixar knows how to do well. Just fantastic.
  17. Nov 12, 2013
    The Incredibles is Incredible.
    A well paced well written story of super heroes that must learn to blend into society until a new villain emerges that threatens the public's safety. The Incredibles erupts with clever characters and emotional moments that all ages can cherish.
  18. Oct 31, 2013
    the disney pixar was making one movie better then another,but this time they made this movie(that is one of my best films)that isn't in the level of monsters inc(but is better then finding nemo).
  19. Sep 14, 2013
    I love the movie and I love the game. So memorable, and enjoyable. It's a really well made movie all around. Some parts were kind of cheesy, which I didn't like. That and everything always blew up.
  20. Aug 23, 2013
    The incredibles makes honor to his name.Seriously,is so cool and fresh,than never gets old.The incredibles is incredible,and is superior to anything on animation.
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    The Incredibles is one of Pixar's finest features with wonderful special effects and a tremendous heart not often found in many films, animated or live action. Children and adults alike will be blown away by The Incredibles.
  22. Aug 3, 2013
    Overall I enjoy The Incredibles. While I feel that he movie may have a little too much going on at times, which causes it to feel a little length and slow at times, the film makes up for it with likeable characters, some great action scenes, and an interesting plot. It does not hurt that the presentation in this movie Is fantastic. If you like family films, action films, and/or superhorseOverall I enjoy The Incredibles. While I feel that he movie may have a little too much going on at times, which causes it to feel a little length and slow at times, the film makes up for it with likeable characters, some great action scenes, and an interesting plot. It does not hurt that the presentation in this movie Is fantastic. If you like family films, action films, and/or superhorse films, I’d say give it a watch. While the movie has its flaws and in my opinion is not as enjoyable as the last Pixar film Finding Nemo, The Incrediblesis an entertaining film that I have seen many times and will continue to watch until Pixar makes an Incredbiles 2, which I pray will happen. Expand
  23. Jul 4, 2013
    "The Incredibles" is truly incredible. While mastering inventive storytelling with CG animation; where can you go wrong. Its story is able to mask spectacles and is a great tribute to superheroes. Which super hero action and the importance of family, you are left hanging off your seat for more. With "The Incredibles", they do give you much more than an ordinary super hero flick.
  24. May 11, 2013
    Pixar are no strangers to pushing out strong, emotionally driven and groundbreaking, but when The Incredibles came along it really created a whole new landscape for its films.
    In a world where superheroes are just about everywhere, there is a complete reliance on them from the general public, but they of course keep their identity..their most valuable asset, secret.
    Mr. Incredible is the
    Mr. Incredible is the cream of the crop, superhuman strength and loved by the public. He is also getting married to ElastiGirl. But when he makes a judgement call by saving a suicidal man, who in turn decides to sue the hero, which sets off a chain of claims and court cases for "supers" all over the world, eventually driving them into exile.
    The film then plays out in an almost sitcom like manner, with many quips of daily life and menial jobs, with Mr Incredible now under his real name of Bob Parr, working for an insurance company, bored with his routine life away from saving the world.But when he is set up to be the face of an unknown corporation which needs heroes, he soon suspects that something larger is afoot, but he must also tread carefully as he has yet to tell his wife of his activities.
    The Incredibles combines the perfect blend of storytelling with plenty of animated action, but also throwing in a large message in the importance of family values and never to forget the past, as you will indeed be condemned to repeat, embrace and cherish those moments in your life which perhaps won't happen again.
    Not only is this one of the best Pixar films to date, but could very well be one of the best superhero films to come around, live-action or animated, it simply doesn't matter, director Brad Bird has managed to find balance to how the modernisation of our current world can impact such events and phenomenons such as those with superpowers.
    There is a perfect voice cast to push along this excellent film including Craig T. Nelson, Jason Lee, Holly Hunter and even Samuel L. Jackson, all separate characters with very different agendas, Mr Incredible would truly do anything for a trip back to the good old days, while his wife ElastiGirl may be content with normal life, but is more concerned about the well-being of her children.
    There is also excellent comedy to be had, with hilarious characters in the form of Edna Mode, the heroes costume designer, and a little kid who sits outside waiting for something amazing to happen.
    It truly adds up to a unique and brilliant take on being accepted in an unfamiliar society, which equals to a riveting and glorious film.
  25. May 10, 2013
    Perhaps the best animated movie ever made. It's actually more like an actual superhero movie than something you'd expect to come out of Pixar (not that their other movies are bad.) It's just written in a way that adults can relate to more than little kids can, which is a good thing. The concept of a retired superhero who's tired of getting old is clever, and the animation itself is alsoPerhaps the best animated movie ever made. It's actually more like an actual superhero movie than something you'd expect to come out of Pixar (not that their other movies are bad.) It's just written in a way that adults can relate to more than little kids can, which is a good thing. The concept of a retired superhero who's tired of getting old is clever, and the animation itself is also really good. I'd say it's definitely Pixar's best. Expand
  26. Apr 11, 2013
    In my opinion this is pixar's 4th best film (behind the toy story movies). This is a fun, action packed family movie that I would recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it. This was my first theater experience, and what an experience it was.
  27. Mar 24, 2013
    What a whimsical and hilarious way to invent new superheros! This film is excellent for children through adult, containing gut-busting comedy and talented actors. It may mot be quite as suited for the younger end of children, as it contains material that may not be understandable to them.
  28. Feb 17, 2013
    The Incredibles lives up to its name as being incredible. Pixar have brought to life the average comic book world full of heroes and villains that exist in everyday suburban life perfectly.
    Bob Parr (Mr Incredible) is super strong and one of the most well known and celebrated superheroes, however on the night when he causes a tram to crash injuring several civilians superheroes are outcast and must go into hiding. Now several years later, married to Helen Parr (Mrs Incredible/Elastagirl) and father of three children (Dash, Violet and Jack Jack). Working in an office and becoming tired of his 'normal life' Bob is contacted into doing an investigation into a mysterious project going on in a remote part of the world. It is not until he gets there that he realises that it is a sinister plot to kill all the superheroes that are still alive. It will take all of the 'Incredibles' and a few old friends to stop this evil plot and keep the world safe another day.
    The Incredibles is exactly what we have come to expect from Pixar, a well written, emotional storyline with some excellent voice talent and masterful animation skills. The Incredibles gives Pixar a notable place as good action film makers too though due to the nature of the film, does this mean that Pixar have other plans than just being the family friendly animation studio we have come to know and love over the years? Only time will tell
  29. Feb 5, 2013
    Didn't like this when it first came out and ignored it when it aired on cable TV. I gave this movie another try and I realized what I was missing. This is a great family film. It's action-packed and most importantly its got a wonderful message that Pixar never fails to deliver.
  30. Jan 31, 2013
    I have no idea just how often I have seen this movie, and yet, I still enjoy it every time. It isn't my favorite Pixar movie but it's definitely somewhere at the top of that list. I love the animation. I love the voice acting. I love the characters. Such a wonderful parody, like watching the Fantastic 4 in a more "realistic" setting (I use that word very loosely for obvious reasons.) But,I have no idea just how often I have seen this movie, and yet, I still enjoy it every time. It isn't my favorite Pixar movie but it's definitely somewhere at the top of that list. I love the animation. I love the voice acting. I love the characters. Such a wonderful parody, like watching the Fantastic 4 in a more "realistic" setting (I use that word very loosely for obvious reasons.) But, if I had to critique, I would say that the movie does focus a bit too much on Mr Incredible, particularly the first half of the movie. It does, however fix this in the second half, but I felt the rest of the family could have been a bit more included in the beginning and given a bit more time each to see how they were coping being "normal." Overall: A highly entertaining movie that will always be a centerpiece of my collection. Expand

1. Delivers the perfect union - a vivid, sublime parody and valentine to the superhero genre.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    The Incredibles has those characters, that heart.
  3. Pixar again hitches top-notch storytelling to the very best in CG animation.