8.7

1. Apr 24, 2015
    The Incredibles may become the first Disney/Pixar film not to dominate at the box office. That statement has nothing to do with the film's quality - in fact, The Incredibles is among the best of Pixar's digitally animated movies. However, it's going up against The Polar Express, which has a number of advantages, not the least of which are its built-in audience and seasonal appeal. MoreThe Incredibles may become the first Disney/Pixar film not to dominate at the box office. That statement has nothing to do with the film's quality - in fact, The Incredibles is among the best of Pixar's digitally animated movies. However, it's going up against The Polar Express, which has a number of advantages, not the least of which are its built-in audience and seasonal appeal. More than anything else, The Incredibles is likely to be a victim of bad timing. Don't shed any tears for its makers, however. The film will still keep the cash registers ringing until it attains "blockbuster" status, although it won't be the runaway hit that Pixar's last production, Finding Nemo, was.

As the crop of digitally animated films becomes more abundant, audiences are likely to demand increasingly more from such movies. The early efforts mostly had everything: beautiful visuals, great voice acting, and superior writing. But, as more of these pictures reach screens and they become "routine," it's natural to speculate whether there will be a slip in quality. Fortunately, such a trend (if it ever develops) is not in evidence in The Incredibles. As with Toy Story and Finding Nemo, Pixar has again struck gold. The Incredibles isn't just fine family entertainment, it's superior family entertainment.

One thing immediately noticeable about this picture is that it is markedly more mature in tone and approach than any previous digitally animated movie (excepting Final Fantasy, which was intended for - and did not reach - an entirely different audience). That's not to say that kids, even young ones, won't enjoy The Incredibles, but it appears that writer/director Brad Bird composed his film with older children and their parents in mind. Also, because of the long running time (nearly two hours), boys and girls prone to restlessness may have trouble sitting through everything.

With its amazing variety of locations (the streets of a city, under the sea, a tropical island, etc.), The Incredibles may be the most visually daunting animated film to reach the screen to-date. And it's close to flawless. Only the people are rendered more like cartoons than reality, and that's a conscious decision. (If you want to see almost-real humans, The Polar Express is the closest you're likely to get at this time.) Digital animation has become so commonplace that we take its detail for granted, but a little consideration of the needed effort will result in a reaction not far removed from awe.

Although The Incredibles has plenty of action (including chases and battle scenes), its strength is that it makes the characters and their relationships more important than the fights and pyrotechnics. This is a close family - they just happen to possess some rather unusual abilities. Think Spy Kids, only animated. Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl are still in love, even after 15 years of marriage (although she has adjusted better than him to domestic life). The children have believable love/hate relationships with their parents. Dash is willful and disobedient because he's bored - he wants to use his super-speed to excel in sports. And Violet has entered that gawky stage of life when her body becomes uncomfortable to inhabit. She uses her invisibility to spy on a boy she likes without being seen.

The film's director is Brad Bird, who fashioned the uncommon The Iron Giant, a traditionally animated effort that has developed a large following amongst adults. For his latest outing, Bird keeps the same audience in mind. Where some animated movies attract adults using pop references and sly one-liners, Bird keeps older viewers interested by not dumbing down his screenplay. It's inevitable that some of The Incredibles' themes (such as that of a middle-age crisis) will go over the heads of kids, but it won't hurt the experience for them. They'll still thrill to the action scenes and laugh at the jokes. And they'll get the overall message about parents being the most important superheroes. But Bird's approach makes this a richer and more worthwhile experience for the over-18 crowd. No need to don a trenchcoat and sneak into this movie.

Ever wonder whether retired superheroes are subject to widening midsections and bad backs? Do they have problems with male pattern baldness? Wonder no longer. Those are just a few of the lighter questions that The Incredibles answers. Bird's feature is appropriately titled - it describes how most viewers will react to this exemplary mixture of top-notch storytelling, visual razzle-dazzle, accessible humor, and involving action. The Incredibles is without question one of 2004's most accomplished and enjoyable family-oriented films.
  2. Apr 13, 2015
    1010 .................................................................................…………............................................................
  3. Apr 6, 2015
    the incredibles for me is the 3rd best Pixar movie of all time. the incredibles is really dark for a Pixar film (only film from Pixar to be PG) there is a manage of superhero's dying and I am ok with this.
  4. Mar 16, 2015
    When a Pixar movie comes out, you know it will be great every time. And this is no exception. It has great humor and an awesome plot line. Not to mention the consistent animation, which is the best out of all the animation companies.
  5. Nov 23, 2014
    The Incredibles es una película de animación con mucha acción que no solo logra obtener un buen resultado entre la fusión de vida personal y vida de super-héroe, si no que también es un buen film del género familiar.
  6. Oct 19, 2014
    From the creators of "Toy Story," "Monsters, Inc." and "Finding Nemo," comes this hilarious action-packed animated adventure about superheroes and their lifes.
  7. Oct 13, 2014
    Another great achievement from Pixar, but with human characters. The film definitely reminds me of The Simpsons because of the great connection between the family. The character of Bob Parr has a passion of being a superhero which really shows through his character. It's got action, suspense, and is probably one of Pixar's most grown up films
  8. Aug 15, 2014
    Few films produced by Pixar are so flawed in terms of plot and meaning. Here, the storytelling is not as sharp and engaging as in "Toy Story" or "Ratatouille", but action lovers will be very impressed with its outstanding visuals and some great action sequences. Compared to other Disney releases, this one is profoundly weak, though.
  9. Jul 7, 2014
    One of Pixar's best, just under 'Toy Story'. It felt like every good superhero movie mixed in to create one juggernaut of a film. Funny, smart, and presses on the important issue of family, I recommend this to any Pixar enthusiast.
  10. Jun 11, 2014
    It's a really good movie...

It's a really good movie...

Almost every scene has something to appreciate; the story is solid, the characters are fun, the lore is kinda cool, the animation is great and the character design is very good... I know we have seen the super-hero family setting somewhere else but this movie somehow makes it work like is new, the length is fairly good and is a fun movie for young kids. The director has always been good with family bond movies and he repeats this statement with this film, I think the design of the characters are great, I think is important to say because many 3D films usually design the characters on the computer, but in this movie they were drawn first.

I think that the movie could have been much better if there was more focus on the family instead of Mr. Incredible's "mid-life crisis", I still think many can enjoy this film, is just that good... I highly recommend it.
  11. Mar 25, 2014
    This is a great movie to watch on the weekends for sure, it's got action, comedy, and the hint of love throughout the entire movie. It had its boring points of pointless scenes that were added as fillers, but still, a solid film! I do hope they release "The Incredibles 2" after they introduced the new villain at the end (The Underminer).
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    i love brad birds animated films but even better the incredible's . sometimes i look at animated films in a different way but hey it i see a story about a super hero family which i actually enjoy at least it was better then watching tyler perry's meet the browns .
  13. Mar 15, 2014
    Bird has created the unprecedented film that is not just a grand feature-length cartoon but a grand feature, period, a piece of animation that's involving across a spectrum of comedy, action, even drama.
  14. Mar 5, 2014
    in my childhood, it was my favorite animated movie
    after years, it still continuing very amazing
    the pixar disney don't let down in their epic 3D animations
  15. Jan 5, 2014
    A classic superhero cum kids movie, The Incredibles is great for the whole family. Adults will actually enjoy this movie, and it is a little bit less kid-oriented than some other Pixar flicks. Either way, definitely see if you haven't already.
  16. Nov 27, 2013
    It would be very cliche to say it was incredible, but it was. Very clever story told with such poignancy. It really is great for all ages, which is something Pixar knows how to do well. Just fantastic.
  17. Nov 12, 2013
    The Incredibles is Incredible.
    A well paced well written story of super heroes that must learn to blend into society until a new villain emerges that threatens the public's safety. The Incredibles erupts with clever characters and emotional moments that all ages can cherish.
  18. Oct 31, 2013
    the disney pixar was making one movie better then another,but this time they made this movie(that is one of my best films)that isn't in the level of monsters inc(but is better then finding nemo).
  19. Sep 14, 2013
    I love the movie and I love the game. So memorable, and enjoyable. It's a really well made movie all around. Some parts were kind of cheesy, which I didn't like. That and everything always blew up.
  20. Aug 23, 2013
    The incredibles makes honor to his name.Seriously,is so cool and fresh,than never gets old.The incredibles is incredible,and is superior to anything on animation.
  21. Aug 5, 2013
    The Incredibles is one of Pixar's finest features with wonderful special effects and a tremendous heart not often found in many films, animated or live action. Children and adults alike will be blown away by The Incredibles.
  22. Aug 3, 2013
    Overall I enjoy The Incredibles. While I feel that he movie may have a little too much going on at times, which causes it to feel a little length and slow at times, the film makes up for it with likeable characters, some great action scenes, and an interesting plot. It does not hurt that the presentation in this movie Is fantastic. If you like family films, action films, and/or superhorseOverall I enjoy The Incredibles. While I feel that he movie may have a little too much going on at times, which causes it to feel a little length and slow at times, the film makes up for it with likeable characters, some great action scenes, and an interesting plot. It does not hurt that the presentation in this movie Is fantastic. If you like family films, action films, and/or superhorse films, I’d say give it a watch. While the movie has its flaws and in my opinion is not as enjoyable as the last Pixar film Finding Nemo, The Incrediblesis an entertaining film that I have seen many times and will continue to watch until Pixar makes an Incredbiles 2, which I pray will happen. Expand
  23. Jul 4, 2013
    "The Incredibles" is truly incredible. While mastering inventive storytelling with CG animation; where can you go wrong. Its story is able to mask spectacles and is a great tribute to superheroes. Which super hero action and the importance of family, you are left hanging off your seat for more. With "The Incredibles", they do give you much more than an ordinary super hero flick.
  24. May 11, 2013
    Pixar are no strangers to pushing out strong, emotionally driven and groundbreaking, but when The Incredibles came along it really created a whole new landscape for its films.
    In a world where superheroes are just about everywhere, there is a complete reliance on them from the general public, but they of course keep their identity..their most valuable asset, secret.
    Mr. Incredible is the
    Mr. Incredible is the cream of the crop, superhuman strength and loved by the public. He is also getting married to ElastiGirl. But when he makes a judgement call by saving a suicidal man, who in turn decides to sue the hero, which sets off a chain of claims and court cases for "supers" all over the world, eventually driving them into exile.
    The film then plays out in an almost sitcom like manner, with many quips of daily life and menial jobs, with Mr Incredible now under his real name of Bob Parr, working for an insurance company, bored with his routine life away from saving the world.But when he is set up to be the face of an unknown corporation which needs heroes, he soon suspects that something larger is afoot, but he must also tread carefully as he has yet to tell his wife of his activities.
    The Incredibles combines the perfect blend of storytelling with plenty of animated action, but also throwing in a large message in the importance of family values and never to forget the past, as you will indeed be condemned to repeat, embrace and cherish those moments in your life which perhaps won't happen again.
    Not only is this one of the best Pixar films to date, but could very well be one of the best superhero films to come around, live-action or animated, it simply doesn't matter, director Brad Bird has managed to find balance to how the modernisation of our current world can impact such events and phenomenons such as those with superpowers.
    There is a perfect voice cast to push along this excellent film including Craig T. Nelson, Jason Lee, Holly Hunter and even Samuel L. Jackson, all separate characters with very different agendas, Mr Incredible would truly do anything for a trip back to the good old days, while his wife ElastiGirl may be content with normal life, but is more concerned about the well-being of her children.
    There is also excellent comedy to be had, with hilarious characters in the form of Edna Mode, the heroes costume designer, and a little kid who sits outside waiting for something amazing to happen.
    It truly adds up to a unique and brilliant take on being accepted in an unfamiliar society, which equals to a riveting and glorious film.
  25. May 10, 2013
    Perhaps the best animated movie ever made. It's actually more like an actual superhero movie than something you'd expect to come out of Pixar (not that their other movies are bad.) It's just written in a way that adults can relate to more than little kids can, which is a good thing. The concept of a retired superhero who's tired of getting old is clever, and the animation itself is alsoPerhaps the best animated movie ever made. It's actually more like an actual superhero movie than something you'd expect to come out of Pixar (not that their other movies are bad.) It's just written in a way that adults can relate to more than little kids can, which is a good thing. The concept of a retired superhero who's tired of getting old is clever, and the animation itself is also really good. I'd say it's definitely Pixar's best. Expand
  26. Apr 11, 2013
    In my opinion this is pixar's 4th best film (behind the toy story movies). This is a fun, action packed family movie that I would recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it. This was my first theater experience, and what an experience it was.
  27. Mar 24, 2013
    What a whimsical and hilarious way to invent new superheros! This film is excellent for children through adult, containing gut-busting comedy and talented actors. It may mot be quite as suited for the younger end of children, as it contains material that may not be understandable to them.
  28. Feb 17, 2013
    The Incredibles lives up to its name as being incredible. Pixar have brought to life the average comic book world full of heroes and villains that exist in everyday suburban life perfectly.
    Bob Parr (Mr Incredible) is super strong and one of the most well known and celebrated superheroes, however on the night when he causes a tram to crash injuring several civilians superheroes are outcast and must go into hiding. Now several years later, married to Helen Parr (Mrs Incredible/Elastagirl) and father of three children (Dash, Violet and Jack Jack). Working in an office and becoming tired of his 'normal life' Bob is contacted into doing an investigation into a mysterious project going on in a remote part of the world. It is not until he gets there that he realises that it is a sinister plot to kill all the superheroes that are still alive. It will take all of the 'Incredibles' and a few old friends to stop this evil plot and keep the world safe another day.
    The Incredibles is exactly what we have come to expect from Pixar, a well written, emotional storyline with some excellent voice talent and masterful animation skills. The Incredibles gives Pixar a notable place as good action film makers too though due to the nature of the film, does this mean that Pixar have other plans than just being the family friendly animation studio we have come to know and love over the years? Only time will tell
  29. Feb 5, 2013
    Didn't like this when it first came out and ignored it when it aired on cable TV. I gave this movie another try and I realized what I was missing. This is a great family film. It's action-packed and most importantly its got a wonderful message that Pixar never fails to deliver.
  30. Jan 31, 2013
    I have no idea just how often I have seen this movie, and yet, I still enjoy it every time. It isn't my favorite Pixar movie but it's definitely somewhere at the top of that list. I love the animation. I love the voice acting. I love the characters. Such a wonderful parody, like watching the Fantastic 4 in a more "realistic" setting (I use that word very loosely for obvious reasons.) But,I have no idea just how often I have seen this movie, and yet, I still enjoy it every time. It isn't my favorite Pixar movie but it's definitely somewhere at the top of that list. I love the animation. I love the voice acting. I love the characters. Such a wonderful parody, like watching the Fantastic 4 in a more "realistic" setting (I use that word very loosely for obvious reasons.) But, if I had to critique, I would say that the movie does focus a bit too much on Mr Incredible, particularly the first half of the movie. It does, however fix this in the second half, but I felt the rest of the family could have been a bit more included in the beginning and given a bit more time each to see how they were coping being "normal." Overall: A highly entertaining movie that will always be a centerpiece of my collection. Expand
  31. Jan 23, 2013
    One of the best superhero movies ever made. The Incredibles is kind of a step in a different direction for Pixar, who are used to making brilliant G-rated kid movies, and this one was aimed for grown ups as much as it was for kids.
  32. Dec 29, 2012
    Let me say this is my favorite movie of all time. The storyline is one of the best i've ever seen, i mean come on, a family of superheros, who ever thought of that. It is so original and well written that it deserves a 10 across the board. Each character is built magnificently and fully, i never feel like one of the characters is just a sideshow, each on has a specific role and they fillLet me say this is my favorite movie of all time. The storyline is one of the best i've ever seen, i mean come on, a family of superheros, who ever thought of that. It is so original and well written that it deserves a 10 across the board. Each character is built magnificently and fully, i never feel like one of the characters is just a sideshow, each on has a specific role and they fill it perfectly. What makes this movie so great is how you can relate to it, even though its about superheros. Their family and characters can easily relate to yours or people you know. overall this is one of the best animated films of all time. And i read the negative reviews and i mean come on, you just wrote those reviews to hurt its overall rating, there was no other point Expand
  33. Dec 23, 2012
    Bursting with eye-popping visuals, fast=paced action, a viscerally clever plot, a satirical twist flavoured with old-school comics and witty humour, The Incredibles is the shining example of Pixar's storytelling mastery.
  34. Nov 28, 2012
    "The Incredibles" is truly one of Pixar's greatest achievements, as it not only provides thrills and beautiful animation, but it successfully bridges the gap between child and adult entertainment.
  35. Nov 22, 2012
    I said the same thing for Toy Story and it applies once again for The Incredibles. It's simple one of those films that you can not pass up seeing. It's funny, has solid action, and it's interesting to watch. Definently worth checking out.
  36. Oct 19, 2012
    Sometimes i really wonder why oscar snubs animated movies, i mean in terms of storytelling, humour and the entire chemistry among the animated characters is so real and satisfying that at one point u think that they're real people with a true emotions facing the daily crisis and learning to deal with it. The protagonist anguish and self denial is correctly drawn and younger character'sSometimes i really wonder why oscar snubs animated movies, i mean in terms of storytelling, humour and the entire chemistry among the animated characters is so real and satisfying that at one point u think that they're real people with a true emotions facing the daily crisis and learning to deal with it. The protagonist anguish and self denial is correctly drawn and younger character's reluctance to mix with daily life depiction is though humorous but there ia a sense of loss. It could have won the best picture had it not fallen into the trap of utter prejudice and lobbying. Also academy's attitude of shunting somebody's work for long time and then present them when they did not deserve. Expand
  37. Aug 7, 2012
    This was a great movie, it brought lots of laughs and it kept you entertained the whole way through. If I were to pick an old, fun movie for my future child, i'd definitely get him the DVD of this film.
  38. May 25, 2012
    Amazing film AGAIN from Pixar. I'm not a big fan of superhero films but this one really amazes me. It has the comic element that is mixed with family affair and sympathy. Graphics are incredible and the plot is very exciting. This is an animation to a whole new level......
  39. Mar 30, 2012
    Brillance cannot begin to describe this movie. Pixar has made its best movie since Toy Story. A wonderful story, with compelling charcters mixed with action scenes that are better than action films. Pixar has put out a true masterpiece with The Incredibles.
  40. Jan 16, 2012
    Fantastic animation, great action, originality and talented voice work make for a very entertaining Pixar adventure that pushes boundaries on the Pixar level. I give this film 87%.
  41. Nov 20, 2011
    I thought it was great. Some parts in the film are a little slow but overall its a great film. I enjoyed it from start to finish. The one flaw is that it could have been a bit shorter but besides that its still good.
  42. Nov 18, 2011
    If you want an animated film with a lot of action and a great story then The Incredibles is right for you. It also has a great villain that makes the plot very convincing.
  43. Nov 15, 2011
    One of my favorite Pixar movies of all time. Pixar outdid itself by tying a genre that is unusual for a child's viewing - action. It is weaved perfectly, still giving themes of perseverance, family and courage. Notable scores were composed to perfectly suit several situations in the plot. Simply beautiful and stunning.
  44. Nov 4, 2011
    This Is A Really Good Movie... I Think Somewhat Overated... VERY VERY GOOD! The Best Movie Of 04! :D
  45. Sep 29, 2011
    From super hero action to the importance of unity as a family, Pixar's "Incredibles" just amazes me of their powerful appeal and last. Man, it's just incredible....
  46. Aug 12, 2011
    First of all I need to say that this was snubbed for a best picture nomination in 2004. I haven't seen The Aviator or Sideways but I actually thought this was better than Million Dollar Baby and the best movie I've seen from 2004. It's almost perfect in terms of kids movies. Its animation, storytelling, character originality and humor is so satisfying that I could watch this movie once aFirst of all I need to say that this was snubbed for a best picture nomination in 2004. I haven't seen The Aviator or Sideways but I actually thought this was better than Million Dollar Baby and the best movie I've seen from 2004. It's almost perfect in terms of kids movies. Its animation, storytelling, character originality and humor is so satisfying that I could watch this movie once a week and never get tired of it Expand
  47. Jul 28, 2011
    Brad Bird does it again!!! If you like action movies, Pixar movies, and Brad Bird, this is totally the film for you. The Incredibles takes what made The Iron Giant great and makes it 3D. Brad Bird made The Iron Giant a masterpiece, and now he has made The Incredibles a masterpiece. The Incredibles is definitely worth watching.
  48. Apr 7, 2011
    Being a big fan of both action movies and Pixar movies, I knew this movie was right for me. And sure enough, I ended up really enjoying the movie. Felt just like watching some of the great superhero movies out there.
  49. Oct 31, 2010
    also, my favorite Pixar movie next to Finding Nemo and the Toy Story trilogy.
  50. Oct 4, 2010
    Perhaps second only to 'Finding Nemo' on Pixar's finest achievements list, 'The Incredibes' is one of the most exciting and action packed animated films ever made. The story is simple but perfect for a bucket load of special effects, the characters, especially Edna Mode, are memorable, the music is terrific and the animation is typically stunning for Pixar. A wondeful achievement.
  51. Ikarus14
    Aug 25, 2009
    Just when Pixar where in danger of repeating themselves, Brad Bird ('Iron Giant' and 'Ratatouille') came and took them elsewhere for the best.
  52. John
    Aug 17, 2009
    If we're all special, none of us are. Let the best of us shine.
  53. DreH.
    Jun 25, 2009
    Easily one of the best movies ever made, and probably one of the best CGI movies ever made, with special features to make it last.
  54. FranciscoM
    May 31, 2009
    Not original, not funny, but enjoyable.
  55. anonymous
    Mar 3, 2008
    can I just say "best new animated film ever!!!" its a classic superhero movie I really don't see how anyone could watch this movie and not enjoy it
  56. JH
    Jan 1, 2008
    Another great film by Brad Bird. This was a digital achievement for Pixar. It is one of the animated films along with Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ratatouille, Totoro, and The Iron Giant that delivered a fantasy for fans that are a geek of heart.
  57. ZeeM
    Sep 21, 2007
    My Favorite Animation Movie Ever! From Start To Finish, It Was Completely INCREDIBLE!
  58. JackBalder
    Aug 23, 2007
    One of the best Pixar movies that is very enjoyable, funny, but not as good as "A Bug's life, Toy Story, Toy Story 2, or Monsters inc."
  59. davez
    Jul 20, 2007
    Great Fun!!! Surprisingly dramatic for an animated film with lots of comedy. A standard by which all future animated films will be compared. the dvd is better than the movie (I loved the extra interviews of superheroes not shown in the movie.) All emotions are evoked. Ratatouille cannot compare.
  60. ChristopherJ.
    Mar 20, 2007
    Good animation, and semi-interesting blend of superhero/nuclear-family. The cliches bored me by the end, though. It would have been better as a 30 minute film.
  61. TomJ.
    May 24, 2006
    A fantastic movie in every way. I mean it.
  62. JeremyE.
    Apr 18, 2006
    was a great animated movie, but incredibly overrated. It was a great film but with all the hype measured up for it you'd expect it to be groundbreaking. It's not. If you're going to watch this movie, go in with low expectations.
  63. JesseB.
    Apr 15, 2006
    I don't know how, or why, but I love this film not dissimilarly to the way that I love 1997's most deserving movie for the Best Picture Oscar, "L.A. Confidential". This film harkens back to a time long removed, but not forgotten in the world of creative cinema and TV, when kids were reading the Amazing Stories comic books and children staid up past their bed times to watch Rod I don't know how, or why, but I love this film not dissimilarly to the way that I love 1997's most deserving movie for the Best Picture Oscar, "L.A. Confidential". This film harkens back to a time long removed, but not forgotten in the world of creative cinema and TV, when kids were reading the Amazing Stories comic books and children staid up past their bed times to watch Rod Serling on the "Twilight Zone". This movie is gold. Expand
  64. NickK.
    Dec 12, 2005
    Incredible!! I absolutely loved this film from start to finish. The plot, pacing, characterisation, humour, visual jokes, storyline and groundbreaking computer grahpics are all blended perfectly in my opinion into one of the best films ever made and definately the best animated film ever. This film is pure genius (again) by Pixar and a trully must-see film for the whole family.
  65. DavidD.
    Oct 19, 2005
    Finally, a good movie! This is one of Pixar's best, knocking off the first Toy Story. It slyly skewers the classic comic book movie and action movies in general, all while being hilarious and fun!
  66. BrianaS.
    Oct 14, 2005
    It is so funny and exciting! They should film more movies like this one. Awesome job, Pixar.
  67. MaddieS.
    Sep 28, 2005
    This was a graet movie and it's a family movie as well. me and my little brother love this. As does my big brother, my half-brothers, my step-sister...you get the picture.
  68. IlzeS.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Overall it was good. Only I like Shrek 2 better!
  69. VinnyA
    Aug 18, 2005
    An amazing movie on many levels. Yes the action and animation are top notch but thats just the tip of the iceburg. The movie's real strength comes from the characters, the dialog, the quirky and heart warming family interactions, and suprizingly deep phylisophical and moral undertones throughout. This is not just a kids movie. Unfourtunatley, "kids movie" has become a truely An amazing movie on many levels. Yes the action and animation are top notch but thats just the tip of the iceburg. The movie's real strength comes from the characters, the dialog, the quirky and heart warming family interactions, and suprizingly deep phylisophical and moral undertones throughout. This is not just a kids movie. Unfourtunatley, "kids movie" has become a truely durogatory term over the last few years. Aparently hollywood thinks children will only be entertained by berp and fart jokes and foul language, as if they didn't get enough of it at school and on TV already. The incredibles is one of the only true FAMILY movies to come down the pipe in the last decade. A family who loves eachother? No thinly veiled sexual references?People rising above the status quoe to become who they were born to be? A movie that makes a statement about good and evil, and doesn't just heap coal onto the fire of moral realativism that is so consuming modern youth that the average 8th grader in our country is cynical, self loathing, apathetic and sexually active? Boy what a novel idea! Am I reading to much into this? Probably. But the bottom line remains that the incredables should serve as a wake up call to the makers of "kids movies" that familys will show up in droves for well scripted, character driven movies that actualy have a plot and a point. Pixar and Brad Bird hit this one out of the park. The Incredibles is one of the best animated movies ever made and will be on the top of the list for years to come. Expand
  70. PatH
    Jul 29, 2005
    I'm beginning to wonder if Pixar will ever make a movie that isn't one of the best movies in the business.
  71. CatherineP.
    Jul 11, 2005
    "Smartpants squarepants gave it a 0: It s too violent." What?!? No, it's funny, action packed, and cute. What Disney movies should be like, as opposed to the many sequels (excluding Toy Story's) that they are making nowadays instead of originals like The Incredibles.
  72. laura
    May 3, 2005
    This movie rocks.
  73. TylerN.
    Apr 20, 2005
    Wonderful. You'd have to be a truly miserable person to not like this movie.
  74. DwayneG
    Apr 16, 2005
    I love this movie, I have seen every pixar movie in existance, and this movie is one of the best, aside from toy story. The humor is great, it has a lot of humor for adults as well as goofy fun for the kids, this movie rocks.
  75. Melissa
    Apr 14, 2005
    Don't listen to J Barr what's-his-name! It was great! I myself didn't think it would be good just because it was animated, and now look at how I feel! It's one of my favorite films! Wait to go, Pixar!
  76. BrutusO.
    Apr 10, 2005
    There was lots to like here. But the cracks are starting to show up in the Pixar approach. By reverting to people (even Superhero types) as the characters, it becomes clearer that stereotypes are driving the plot. But a valiant effort anyway. Mr Incredible was a bit of a bore with his vanity and (overly drawn out) affectations of mid-life crisis, and the children's (especially the There was lots to like here. But the cracks are starting to show up in the Pixar approach. By reverting to people (even Superhero types) as the characters, it becomes clearer that stereotypes are driving the plot. But a valiant effort anyway. Mr Incredible was a bit of a bore with his vanity and (overly drawn out) affectations of mid-life crisis, and the children's (especially the daughter) characters were very sketchily composed. But Mrs Incredible was a delight, as were Frozon and a number of the other minor characters. And the special effects looked good, but the bar has been raised so high now, that effects don't really grab one like they used to. The irony of the various pop culture references (Bond, Fantasy Island etc) was pretty good though. Expand
  77. JimG.
    Apr 9, 2005
    Cute graphics don't turn an ordinary plot into a good film.
  78. JBarr
    Apr 8, 2005
    Overrated worthless filmmaking. Not an interesting character in the whole of the film. Just because a movie is PG dopesn't mean it has to suck. PIXAR needs real screen writers and some indie directors. Or better yet, PIXAR needs to be put out of business. Down with PIXAR! A sit-in would be counter productive, so let's all just abstain from films. Or, as Geek Bot from Overrated worthless filmmaking. Not an interesting character in the whole of the film. Just because a movie is PG dopesn't mean it has to suck. PIXAR needs real screen writers and some indie directors. Or better yet, PIXAR needs to be put out of business. Down with PIXAR! A sit-in would be counter productive, so let's all just abstain from films. Or, as Geek Bot from wearerobots.com would say, "It was like the Holocaust, but the Holocaust didn't cost $8.50 to get in." Expand
  79. DavidK
    Apr 7, 2005
    Best movie since Finding Nemo. Great for the whole family. What more could you ask for?
  80. ConnieM.
    Apr 7, 2005
    I loved this film! Pixar rocks again! Geeks with plasma screen tvs! prepare to be dazzled as those super cool scenes of exotic locals and bad guy hangouts from all your fav's (James Bond, Star Wars, Fantasy Island ect.) are served up in amounts Costo never dreamed of! Plus, the feminists in your life (the kind that like thier mom...and dad) will be happy with Elastagirl turned mega I loved this film! Pixar rocks again! Geeks with plasma screen tvs! prepare to be dazzled as those super cool scenes of exotic locals and bad guy hangouts from all your fav's (James Bond, Star Wars, Fantasy Island ect.) are served up in amounts Costo never dreamed of! Plus, the feminists in your life (the kind that like thier mom...and dad) will be happy with Elastagirl turned mega mom! She's tough, technichally savvy (I love her piliot's lingo and cool reserve) and has a womanly body! The "when everyone is special no one is" threat to our heroic family is a battle cry to original people to be themselves because it's better for everyone. This is a great boost in an era when anybody who's labeled as "gifted" is encouraged to get along being like everyone else. As if being smart, pretty, talented or just..different (pick anything you like or don't like) were a disease and not a gift. If you want a fun hour and a half cue cheezy music...and cry: "To the video store, away!!!" PS don't wear a cape if you fly there (ha ha inside joke that you too can enjoy after seeing the film). Expand
  81. SPYBREAK
    Apr 7, 2005
    A beautiful film packed with loads of action, great adventure and awesome powers. Well worth purchasing.
  82. MargeauxS.
    Apr 4, 2005
    Its INCREDIBLE!!!! One of the best Pixar combinations for youngsters and adults alike. I can't stop watching it!!! Can't wait for the next one!!!!
  83. lakinp.
    Apr 4, 2005
    THE BEST FILM EVER !!!
  84. armandos.
    Apr 1, 2005
    Brad Bird's previous film THE IRON GIANT was more focused and had a unity of vision, while this movie is more all over the map. However the first rate animation and the likeable characters certainly made this an enjoyable flick. All the money spent on this production certanly shows on the screen, but untilmately how you relate to the protagoninsts makes all the difference-Brad Bird Brad Bird's previous film THE IRON GIANT was more focused and had a unity of vision, while this movie is more all over the map. However the first rate animation and the likeable characters certainly made this an enjoyable flick. All the money spent on this production certanly shows on the screen, but untilmately how you relate to the protagoninsts makes all the difference-Brad Bird breathes life into his characters better than anyone else making animated movies at this time. Expand
  85. DickM.
    Mar 31, 2005
    Incredibly good fun!!! the very best animation, suprassing shrek and toy story. some critic dont like the first half, complaining about its way of criticizing 'normal life' , i think they are wrong, its as funny as the other half.
  86. NeilR.
    Mar 30, 2005
    Indefatigably delightful.
  87. KaceyG.
    Mar 29, 2005
    Absolutely Incredible. Blows Nemo out of the water.
  88. NathanielW.
    Mar 28, 2005
    One of the very best pictures of last year.
  89. joeye.
    Mar 20, 2005
    I loved it. Period.
  90. T-DoggHall
    Mar 19, 2005
    It was INCREDIBLE! i loved it! best movie i ever saw in my life! im gonna die if i dont see that movie again.
  91. GaborA.
    Mar 18, 2005
    If you were looking to see an action movie, and you know thats the what most people look for in an animated feature, than score. Otherwise this movie has no comedic or drmaitic elements. Three Saturday mourning cartoons rolled into one.
  92. DaveT.
    Mar 18, 2005
    I've simply never seen a better film. The use of architecture is stunning.
  93. GregMiller
    Mar 15, 2005
    Someone should give a eulogy for Disney, who will be a sad bunch without Pixar pulling them up by the suspenders. Everything in this movie was terrific, and it had better character development than most un-animated features recently barfed at us from Hollywood. If you have not seen this movie yet--and even if you don't like animated movies--see this movie. My only trifling complaint Someone should give a eulogy for Disney, who will be a sad bunch without Pixar pulling them up by the suspenders. Everything in this movie was terrific, and it had better character development than most un-animated features recently barfed at us from Hollywood. If you have not seen this movie yet--and even if you don't like animated movies--see this movie. My only trifling complaint was the comparably small "screentime" Samuel Jackson's character got; we should have heard more out of him, because he was a treat. Expand
  94. AiisyaW.
    Mar 15, 2005
    This was a truly great movie. In addition to great animation, it also presents a touching story that children and adults can enjoy.
  95. Patrick
    Mar 15, 2005
    Fabulous movie. funny smart & superheros with human problems.
  96. VinceH.
    Feb 28, 2005
    Easily the best animate feature of 2004, but this is also my least favorite Pixar movie. It depends a lot on action scenes, which I find boring (though Brad Bird stages them in inventive and entertaining ways). The best stuff is in the first hour, the details about the normal lives of The Incredibles, which is packed with hilarious scenes and dialogue (I would've liked to see some Easily the best animate feature of 2004, but this is also my least favorite Pixar movie. It depends a lot on action scenes, which I find boring (though Brad Bird stages them in inventive and entertaining ways). The best stuff is in the first hour, the details about the normal lives of The Incredibles, which is packed with hilarious scenes and dialogue (I would've liked to see some more stuff of the kids at school and home). Still this is superior family entertainment and which once again proves that Pixar is currently in the midst of an extraodinary nonstop streak of classic animated features that easily rivals (or maybe tops) Disney in its prime. I cannot wait to see the next one. Expand
  97. Jeff
    Feb 27, 2005
    Better than Shrek (1 or 2) Better than Finding Nemo, way better than Shark Tale. This close-to-Masterpiece gives Toy Story a run for its money as the best Animated 3-d film of all time.
  98. Laura
    Feb 26, 2005
    Brilliant, funny, fun, just great, makes you want to be a superhero!!
  99. Alex
    Feb 25, 2005
    I'm not usually one for disney/pixar movies (there are a few exceptions to that statement), but the Incredibles was actually pretty good for what it could have been. very funny, and can appeal to most audiences. The Incredibles is defeinitely something to watch on a rainy saturday afternoon. hell, its something to watch pretty much any time of the week.

1. Delivers the perfect union - a vivid, sublime parody and valentine to the superhero genre.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Corliss
    The Incredibles has those characters, that heart.
  3. Pixar again hitches top-notch storytelling to the very best in CG animation.