5.7

1. Aug 26, 2013
    Boooring And the fault is by no means of the actors, the plot was completely destroyed by the director... I really dont know how this movie hit the box, it looks like something unfinished...
  2. Jan 23, 2012
    A dull boring film that is not funny or engaging. The film's style is stupid and ultimately the film's writer and director let it down. Matt Damon is as good as you can be in a bad movie.
  3. Aug 19, 2011
    When I saw The Informant! in my On Demand "$1.99 or less" section, I had to wonder why. Looking back, the commercials made it out to look like a funny little movie about a goofy FBI informant full of cheeky groaners. And come on, nothing with Matt Damon and Scott Bakula could be that bad. At a stretch, the movie is labeled a comedy. From the opening of the movie onward, we're treated toWhen I saw The Informant! in my On Demand "$1.99 or less" section, I had to wonder why. Looking back, the commercials made it out to look like a funny little movie about a goofy FBI informant full of cheeky groaners. And come on, nothing with Matt Damon and Scott Bakula could be that bad. At a stretch, the movie is labeled a comedy. From the opening of the movie onward, we're treated to Mark Whitacre's inner monologue. Fun fact: It's mostly about corn and corn products. For those of us who don't find a guy obsessing over corn hilarious, it would seem Mr. Soderbergh set down a single alternate steam of "humor", the ever-changing lie that Whitacre tells. That gets about as funny as a kid making up excuses for missing homework. I began falling asleep 30 minutes in, and checking how much longer every 10 minutes. 2 hours I wish I had slept through, a great comedy for those of us who don't like to laugh. Expand
  4. Oct 16, 2010
    One word to describe this movie, bad. Tell you the truth I couldn't even finish watching because it was so uninteresting and NOT funny, actually, was this movie suppose to be funny?

1. Reviewed by: Mark Salisbury
    A comic tour de force from Damon, who gained 30lbs and sports an unflattering moustache as the dishonest and delusional Whitacre. But it’s a performance that never loses sight of the man behind the lies.
  2. The whole film, a comedy about crime and mental illness, seems at war with itself.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Amusingly eccentric rather than outright funny.