The International

6.4

1. bbarbhy
    Feb 7, 2009
    "Give me a break". Four words I said out-loud constantly throughout this movie.
  2. hojHardon
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'm not taking it easy here. this movie does stink. The acting, directing, writing, editing, and action is all flat. I am so dissapointed. I expected a great movie.
  3. HeleenduT
    Jun 6, 2009
    The International is slow (yawn), boring (yawn), the script is flat and only offers disappointment. Naomi Watts's acting is non-existent, Clive Owen's character reminds of drying yourself with a cold damp towel after a shower - painful. The only 1 star that this movie offer is the Architecture and locations. If that's your thing. Spend your money on a book on great The International is slow (yawn), boring (yawn), the script is flat and only offers disappointment. Naomi Watts's acting is non-existent, Clive Owen's character reminds of drying yourself with a cold damp towel after a shower - painful. The only 1 star that this movie offer is the Architecture and locations. If that's your thing. Spend your money on a book on great buildings rather than having to sit through 2 hours of pure agonizing boredom. Expand
  4. DaDa
    Jul 22, 2009
    This movie is one of those that you get more enjoyment from watching the one-minute trailer than the actual movie. The plot does not develop; The main characters never connected; We are basically led around the world in a mindless chase. Very disappointing indeed.
  5. ClaudioC
    Feb 24, 2009
    The script is dull and full of clichés like: 'Investigator: Why do you think he is going to cooperate ? Hero: because he is seeking redemption... Wow, that is deep and convincing ! The plot is predictable, no suspense and the only action scene (at the Gugenheim) is a parody were the bad guy joins forces with the good guy against an army of even worse guys.

Both actors (Owens and Watts) seem mildly aggrieved (and not at all convincing) at having to play characters considerably less intelligent than themselves in a movie that plays even dumber.
  2. There's something almost endearingly out of sync about the sleek but now dated Euro-thriller The International.
  3. I couldn't help feeling that The International was stuck in second gear, like it couldn't decide whether to be fun or meaningful and so settled for being neither.