6.4

1. Lynn
    Mar 9, 2009
    long and slow, sadly not nearly as good as expected.
  2. WilliamN.
    Feb 13, 2009
    Not sure what to rate this film. I like the principals. I enjoyed the secondaries and all the crowd fillers...Ostensibly about BCCI way back when, you remember that? None of us does...and what sticks with you is not the beautiful cinematography, but will be second, to the point of philosophy wherein when will there be someone who will actually stand up to all the crap in the world and get Not sure what to rate this film. I like the principals. I enjoyed the secondaries and all the crowd fillers...Ostensibly about BCCI way back when, you remember that? None of us does...and what sticks with you is not the beautiful cinematography, but will be second, to the point of philosophy wherein when will there be someone who will actually stand up to all the crap in the world and get something done? And, really, is it so true that, you become one of them if you do...and, so bleak, you can't work within the system, and get rid of the baddies...This is NEVER a bad point to make, and for me, the film worked. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Seriously. For me in general, a film works or it doesn't, and for me, it did. I hate rating things...and so gave it a 4...but I'm sure, these "pans" here will, make a strange statement to box office receipts. Can't wait for the next Clive Owen piece, though we have to wade through that girl from Biloxi (MS.'s) "presence" on the screen too. Oh well. That will be another review. Expand
  3. Sep 7, 2012
    A lot of drama, but not a lot of suspense. The music was limited which made me bored for most of the movie. The action didn't get under way until the middle of the movie. Overall, a toss-up movie with a slow plot.
  4. ClaudioC
    Feb 24, 2009
    The script is dull and full of clichés like: 'Investigator: Why do you think he is going to cooperate ? Hero: because he is seeking redemption... Wow, that is deep and convincing ! The plot is predictable, no suspense and the only action scene (at the Gugenheim) is a parody were the bad guy joins forces with the good guy against an army of even worse guys.
  5. HeleenduT
    Jun 6, 2009
    The International is slow (yawn), boring (yawn), the script is flat and only offers disappointment. Naomi Watts's acting is non-existent, Clive Owen's character reminds of drying yourself with a cold damp towel after a shower - painful. The only 1 star that this movie offer is the Architecture and locations. If that's your thing. Spend your money on a book on great The International is slow (yawn), boring (yawn), the script is flat and only offers disappointment. Naomi Watts's acting is non-existent, Clive Owen's character reminds of drying yourself with a cold damp towel after a shower - painful. The only 1 star that this movie offer is the Architecture and locations. If that's your thing. Spend your money on a book on great buildings rather than having to sit through 2 hours of pure agonizing boredom. Expand
  6. DaDa
    Jul 22, 2009
    This movie is one of those that you get more enjoyment from watching the one-minute trailer than the actual movie. The plot does not develop; The main characters never connected; We are basically led around the world in a mindless chase. Very disappointing indeed.
  7. bbarbhy
    Feb 7, 2009
    "Give me a break". Four words I said out-loud constantly throughout this movie.
  8. hojHardon
    Feb 7, 2009
    I'm not taking it easy here. this movie does stink. The acting, directing, writing, editing, and action is all flat. I am so dissapointed. I expected a great movie.

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Both actors (Owens and Watts) seem mildly aggrieved (and not at all convincing) at having to play characters considerably less intelligent than themselves in a movie that plays even dumber.
  2. There's something almost endearingly out of sync about the sleek but now dated Euro-thriller The International.
  3. Reviewed by: Josh Rosenblatt
    I couldn't help feeling that The International was stuck in second gear, like it couldn't decide whether to be fun or meaningful and so settled for being neither.