5.9

1. Jun 16, 2013
    Next time someone makes a commercial for Google pick better actors, a better director and better screenwriters.
  2. Jun 14, 2013
    Quite possibly among the worst comedy's I have ever seen. Not one laugh. How can they release a movie like this? Anyone who sees it will know in the first 30 minutes it is awful. Nothing works. Just awful.
  3. Jun 29, 2013
    Lame, extraordinarily formulaic and JUST NOT FUNNY. The protagonist's comedic timing is off, and just plain annoying. It relies heavily on sex jokes and overuse of the word 's**t'.

Two points are awarded to the likeability of Rose Byrne and Josh Radnor.
  4. Jul 14, 2013
    This was just one giant commercial for Google. On top of that is pretty much insults anyone over 40 and acts like they are technological dolts. Earth to movie makers, we created the Internet and know about computers than most game playing younger idiots!!
  5. Jul 7, 2013
    Whoever came up with the base idea to reunite Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn should be commended. Whoever came up with the ideas past that point shouldn't be writing comedy movies. The Internship, which is hardly a film, is a true disappointment. I say it's hardly a film because it's just one big commercial for Google. How to improve this movie: Make it R rated, don't make it about Google. They could have gone with any other R rated plot and it would have better. What a disappointment. Expand
  6. Nov 19, 2013
    The sense of making a movie like "The Internship" is lost on me: with terrible acting, paper-thin story and absolutely no laughter guaranteed, it's the longest and the most boring Google commercial ever made.
  7. Jun 7, 2013
    “The Internship” runs for 118 minutes and if you walk in at the the 90 minute mark you will leave feeling good and not feel as if you had missed anything as to up that mark you know the movie and what is going to happen.

“The Internship is a full blown love letter to Google and will make you want to work there starting tomorrow. Who wouldn’t want to work in a place where all the food
    you want to eat and drink is free, you can go from one floor down to another using a slide and one place to another with free bikes not to forget the nap-pods if you want a quick snooze?

Billy (Vince Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) find themselves, unexpectedly, out of work and Billy comes across information that Google will be hiring internships for the summer. As hard as 20 year old smart college graduates finds it getting a job men in their mid-40s have it rougher. The film is about the older generation competing with the younger Internet whizzes and you know who is going to teach what to whom. Billy and Nick find themselves in a team consisting of 3 other interns (Tiya Sircar, Tobit Raphael and Dylan O’Brien) supervised by a Google kid, more than man, Josh Brener, who must come in number 1 in order to get the internship. There are many teams who want to win, one in particular lead by a bully played by actor Max Minghella, that looks like they will win.

Spoilers? Not really! You know who will win, who will get their comeuppance and who will wind up with workaholic executive Rose Byrne just as you know who will win the competition. It is a Hollywood ending which will leave you smiling and that is the purpose of this movie. The serious issues of old versus young, nerds versus feel good salesmen and how hard it is to get a job for any generation in today’s world.

“The Internship” is rated PG-13 for the expected language, crude party humor along with some sexuality but none as bad as it could have been. The direction by Shawn Levy and the screenplay by Vince Vaughn and Jared Stern along with most of the other production values are pedestrian.

San Francisco, along with the Golden Gate bridge, are made to shine but not as brightly as the Google headquarters inside and out and all the perks that go along with working at/for Google.
  8. Jul 14, 2013
    "Jim, he's dead". The Internship shoves down audience's throat the search engine giant's product portfolio with message of it being fun, unconventional and creative place to work. Unfortunately, this hopelessly outdated and predictable movie doesn't possess any of those qualities.
  9. Jun 16, 2013
    Having an interesting setting, this movie fail at almost every aspect! There are some funny moments, but 95% of "The Internship" is just boring, the script is dull, jokes are stupid. The positive thing is acting, it's not that bad! Overall it's a waste of time
  10. Jun 16, 2013
    Didn't like this movie at all. We were ready to walk out but glad we stayed because the last 15 mins were the best part. Is this the end of the Vaughn/Wilson comedy team? I hope not.
  11. Jun 29, 2013
    It's an outdated recruitment video for Google and it would probably have been more fitting to be in movie cinemas a decade ago. They probably should also have gotten better comedy actors than these two.
  12. Oct 23, 2013
    Not only did it not make me laugh, it annoyed me that i had been foolish enough to spend my money and time watching an advert for Google. i kept expecting to see a skip ad icon flash up on the screen to end the misery, but it never did.
  13. Oct 12, 2013
    There were parts that were certainly funny and entertaining. That being said, It's a painfully generic story that is incredibly predictable and far too long (2 hour run time), The last 20 minutes of which was just torture to sit through because it was so slow. I think if it were shorter then it would have been a more bare-able film. I mean there is a club scene an hour into it that's like 20 minutes long, There should been cut to 5-10 minutes at best because it offered pretty much nothing to the story other than needless secondary character back-story that offered nothing to the film.

So overall, It could have been better than what it was, That's something everyone can agree on, but it wasn't that bad. If you like sappy, predictable comedies then it's right up your alley but other than that, I wouldn't say it's the kind of film you go out of your way to watch. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.
  14. Dec 24, 2013
    Too much talking, too many people talking nonsense and too many times people talking so fast nobody can understand what they're saying. The jokes are embarrassing and the entire concept is stupid.
  15. Jan 5, 2014
    I want to know who comes up with stuff like this? This movie is nothing but a bunch of rambling misplaced jokes that aren't funny at all. The length is undeserved. It might be time for these actors to hang it up.
  16. Dec 28, 2013
    The Internship is a boring, confusing and unfunny movie that its lead stars cannot save its many flaws of the movie.

(Personal Note: I am forced to watch this movie with my friends as we have no idea what to watch)
  17. Oct 8, 2013
    Why Google ever agreed to actively cooperate on this godawful insult to it's own name will forever remain a mystery to me. 'The Intership' is a shining example of why Hollywood should quit making comedies altohether and stay the f*ck away from IT related stuff. The story is a copy and paste of the typical from zero to hero, loser to winner story you all must be sick to death of by now (I know I am). You get punched in the face with every imaginable cliché about computer nerds and group stereotypes. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn -the worst comedic duo since Hitler and Göring- do their typical fast talking/rating act instead of something that would be actualy funny. And why make it 125mins long, torturing people for 90 mins wasn't enough? Unfortunalty it made some money so some Tinseltown shmuck might think it'd be a good idea to try something similar again, but this is realy is thing that should not be repeated ever again. Expand
  18. Oct 7, 2013
    Google se muestra entretenido despues de esta pelicula.
    Muchas cosas que no sabia de ese se muestran aca en este Film, sin embargo a pesar de una buena ide a y un buen tema la comedia no se hace fuerte del todo aveces estresante aburrida e innecesario.
  19. Jun 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The chief reason I went to see this was because Aasif Mandvi was in it....and even his character was pitiful!!! this whole movie seemed to have been written by /for 12 yr old pubescent boys...and was one L O N G tedious advert for Google. Well, we knew pretty well that they'd be picked as the winning team...eventually....because it's intended to demonstrate how many zillions of people are employed and wealthy thanks to high tech espec google. It was TRITE, predictable and boring. THough I loved seeing shots of San Francisco and google's campus...but with millions of unemployed Americans out there seriously needing work, not unlike Vaughn's character, foreclosed, fired and without a dime....it was a crappy film made by a crappier film corporation /exec producer...a man who stole plutonium from the US in order to furtively build the first nuclear bomb in the M/E, Arnon MIlchan..now a corporate hero despite his criminal activities. boo on all of it Expand
  20. May 22, 2014
    Even with its charismatic characters, The Internship is a disappointing comedy comedy with a predictable & formulaic storyline. It just can't help feel like an annoying pop-up 2 hour long Google ad.
  21. Jul 22, 2014
    This film has the whole transformers problem of trying to sell toys, except its for Google this time.and with much less subtelty. Throughout the entire film they try and make us feel like Google is the best thing to happen to this generation since the PS4 or the new iPhones. It starts to feel less like a plot detail and more like an embarrassing joke. As if to say "Hey, come work for Google! Its just as fun as going to a themepark with computers." The main characters seem to act like they were totally oblivious to the massive technology evolution in the past decade. It's supposed to follow these two as they try amd compete for a job after their old job got out done by machines doing most of the jobs for them. After they find out working for Google could be their only shot they try and compete for a job, despite having no teaching of anything to do with computers in their entire careers. The Internship is a disposable waste of time and you should probably avoid it. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Guy Lodge
    Jul 5, 2013
    It’s a testament to the duo’s jazzy comic chemistry that they wring some laughs from this dated, frankly sinister premise.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jul 5, 2013
    Vaughn and Wilson. eight years on from "Wedding Crashers," the pair successfully rekindle their irascible shtick.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 5, 2013
    There is a creepy, undead feel to this lumbering comedy set in the offices of Google, and Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn have a distinct Baron Samedi look in their eyes.