5.8

1. Feb 4, 2014
    This is not WEDDING CRASHERS! These two have been paired before and leads to significantly less. Less laughs, less acting and much less originality. The plot is WEAK and characters cliches'. Worse is the predictable course this movie takes through to the end. I could ID with some of the office interactions and did laugh-but not enough to recommend this, much less watch it again.
  2. Jan 20, 2014
    I actually was quite fond of this movie - partly because I connected and sympathized with some of the supporting cast (my age group) while also understanding where the lead characters were coming from (some friends and family have experienced something similar in their careers recently). The on-screen chemistry of Owen and Vince, to me, is as usual excellent in this film. In terms of laughs - this one had some not-so-funny moments but for the most part I found it entertaining and amusing.

I am also admittedly a big Google fan so it was nice to see more of their campus - though a lot of information revealed about it I already knew about beforehand, it was still nice to actually see it. The romance part of the film seemed a bit forced, as if they needed to check that box off as part of their checklist to complete the movie, but it was not exactly a bad thing.

Overall, a good comedy flick set in the turbulent and competitive job market that exists today.
  3. Jan 7, 2014
    Esta pelicula me gusto, no tanto pero me gusto."The Internship" no tuvo un buen argumento y un buen guion para presentar, pero tuvo momentos divertidos.
  4. Jan 5, 2014
    I want to know who comes up with stuff like this? This movie is nothing but a bunch of rambling misplaced jokes that aren't funny at all. The length is undeserved. It might be time for these actors to hang it up.
  5. Jan 4, 2014
    It's a likeable but not all that funny comedy. Vince Vaughn, and Owen Wilson are as amusing as always, but the script is as formulaic as it gets. That doesn't mean that it's bad, but it never really does anything unexpected. In its defense it flows along smoothly enough. For a while I was thinking that the movie was going to stay clear of raunch and become a more wholesome than average film. It proved me wrong however, and fell into that pit anyways. There are a couple of funny moments, but nothing as inspired as in Anchorman, or The Hangover. Overall it's an amusing and easygoing movie, but nothing all that memorable. Expand
  6. Dec 29, 2013
    I have to admit that I wasn't really expecting much from this movie based on the trailers, but I decided to give it a shot anyway and I'm really glad I did. It's very funny and Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn make an excellent comedic duo. The whole cast gives excellent performances here and there are some great cameos. The movie has a very familiar "old dogs can learn new tricks" feel to it, but the amount of hilarious moments here keep this movie afloat. So if you're looking for a good comedy this is a pretty great choice. It will bring tons of laughs and main characters you just can't help but root for. All in all I'm very impressed. Expand
  7. Dec 28, 2013
    I very well done film that has guys that have been in many comedies. They have been friends for many years in real life so they know each other well. As we all age, we will mature and have to face new challenges. In the film, that is addressed and it is not a Wedding Crashers, or Bridesmaids, or other drastically funny films, but it has many touches, was very much filmed at Googles office, and can be very entertaining. If you are expecting to to laugh 'till you pee the seat, this won't be it. If you or mature and appreciate well done films, this might be for you. Expand
  8. Dec 28, 2013
    The Internship is a boring, confusing and unfunny movie that its lead stars cannot save its many flaws of the movie.

(Personal Note: I am forced to watch this movie with my friends as we have no idea what to watch)
  9. Dec 24, 2013
    Too much talking, too many people talking nonsense and too many times people talking so fast nobody can understand what they're saying. The jokes are embarrassing and the entire concept is stupid.
  10. Dec 7, 2013
    Two over-40 salesmen (Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn) experience a business setback and manage to land themselves an internship at Google corporate headquarters in the San Francisco area. This is highly irregular, since the word “internship” usually implies a training program for a university student who is seeking a career. The interns should not be much older than 22, so the characters of Nick and Billy are like fish out of water when they arrive at the Google corporate campus that looks like a nursery school for grown-ups. (There is a sliding pond to get from one floor to another, a spacecraft suspended from the ceiling, and the entire decor is done in the garish colors that are found on the Google trademark.)

The film is meant to be comical in a charming, goofy kind of way, but it is also a 2-hour aggrandizement of corporate life at Google. There’s not a lot of plot to fill in two hours as the interns form teams and have to compete against each other in a series of events that are called “challenges.” They have a sports challenge (which, strangely enough, is a game of Quidditch), a program coding challenge to find a subtle bug, a helpline challenge to answer every kind of user question, a challenge to invent a new app, and a sales challenge. The winning team will receive the ultimate prize, which is full-time employment at Google.

After watching this film, you might not want to work there. Interns wear Google beanie caps and t-shirts, employees cheerfully eat at outdoor tables that make every lunch hour look like the Annual Employee Picnic, and employees are judged not just by their skills but by how “googley” they are. Being googley means the employee is a cross between a boy scout and a saint. After searching the Internet (notice I did not say that I “googled it,” which is not English), I found that being googley includes the following traits: doing what’s right; being goal-oriented; being proactive, friendly, and highly motivated; valuing customers and coworkers; being concerned with excellent quality; and being honest, transparent, and fair with a good sense of humor. Oh, yes, last but not least—being humble. According to the film, there are other unwritten rules such as dating among interns being frowned upon ("Google is not match.com"), a policy which clearly does not apply to corporate officers, such as Google cofounder and multibillionaire, Sergey Brin. (Brin makes a brief uncredited appearance at the end of the film, which one can presume was a nod of approval from those on high.)

Google has taken corporate paternalism to such absurd heights (including free food in the cafeteria), that young people may not even be able to develop character or a sense of identity if they spend too many years working for the firm. And no union steward will ever see the inside of those hallowed halls. Yet, in spite of the high ideals that are lauded in the name of googliness, the film depicted a rivalry between the intern teams that was so fierce, it was positively nasty and mean-spirited. At least for the purposes of the film, cheating at the sports challenge was openly accepted as fair play, as was physical assault. Google employees who were successful and held in high managerial esteem were portrayed as being so workaholic that they had no personal life and were extremely limited in their range of interests (other than fitness, sports, and a few other pastimes that might meet with corporate approval).

Although this would appear to be the Garden of Eden for employment, a closer inspection might welcome a more pragmatic view of ace employees who work hard, know their stuff, have families, hobbies and interests, complain bitterly about the food in the employee cafeteria, and in general have a bad attitude toward their bosses.
  11. Dec 4, 2013
    it is one of the amazing movies. i see humanity, compassion and unexpectation. although movie is just movie but i can still learn from it. and I can see my past experience from the movie.
  12. Nov 29, 2013
    The Internship honestly wasn't a bad movie. It was obviously cheesy but that's what you should expect from this typical underdog movie. Don't get me wrong it was cheesy and predictable but it's a good popcorn movie that can just make you smile. PLUS, the Google offices looked super sweet.
  13. Nov 29, 2013
    Even with its charismatic characters and somewhat witty dialogue, The Internship is an average comedy balanced in a predictable and formulaic storyline.
  14. Nov 25, 2013
    Despite its many weaknesses, it was entertaining. It was not dumbed down for the non-geek people and I'm glad for that. There was an instance of an unexpected extended nudity sequence so be aware.
  15. Nov 19, 2013
    The sense of making a movie like "The Internship" is lost on me: with terrible acting, paper-thin story and absolutely no laughter guaranteed, it's the longest and the most boring Google commercial ever made.
  16. Nov 7, 2013
    You can't say that The Internship is a great movie, and you can't ignore the fact that it is not that good of a comedy because you hardly laugh while watching this movie. But is it a complete bullsh**? no it is not, it is fun, entertaining and interesting. It is pleasing to the eyes to see both actors' chemistry, uproarious funny positive energy, they did whatever they can do to make this a better comedy, but did they succeed? Even these actors can't save this two hours of cliched google commercial. Expand
  17. Nov 2, 2013
    The premise of the film was original, but it was executed like your average feel-good comedy. The plot had your expected up and downs, and the jokes often didn't hit their mark. On the upside, Google was a fantastic backdrop and that alone made the movie worth watching. Also, the chemistry between Vaughn and Wilson was as good as expected and the small part by John Goodman was an added delight.
  18. Oct 31, 2013
    "The Internship" wants you to believe it's rude, crude and vulgar with some of its gags and wants you to believe that the other gags aren't something you've seen a million times in the past but the movie is basically just a tired and cliche comedy with recycled jokes. While the humor isn't outright terrible, it's nothing that hasn't been seen before and it's been seen better. Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson are good together but they're still playing the same characters we just now assume they'll play. The movie wants you to think its edgy by throwing in some foul language and nudity but it's all a mask to hide how the movie is playing it safe with its jokes and just being lazy with its writing...but at least the jokes are just funny enough to keep the film from being a waste. Expand
  19. Oct 26, 2013
    Personally I enjoyed this movie, being someone who is particularly interested in tech and Google. I don't see why this movie got so many negative reviews.
  20. Oct 24, 2013
    The Internship is a very smart and humorous movie, in my opinion its the best comedy this year. When you combine Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson its movie magic, those two actors are hilarious. This movie is about two guys that lose their jobs and try to get hired at Google, throughout the movie the two main characters build a relationship with their teammates. The Internship has a lot of heart and is very underrated, I would really recommend this movie to anyone. Expand
  21. Oct 24, 2013
    The Internship is one of the best comedy movies I've seen in years. The combination of Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson continues to be comedy gold and the cameos of actors like Will Ferrell were great. Also, I absolutely love Rose Byrne so her having a decent role was nice to see. The rest of the supporting actors were solid as well. Honestly, if you liked The Wedding Crashers, you'll love this movie. If you didn't like it then you won't. Expand
  22. Oct 24, 2013
    I still enjoyed the funny banter between Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson even if falls short of the first act. There's a lot of the same things we've seen already though the supporting cast do a solid job. B
  23. Oct 23, 2013
    Not only did it not make me laugh, it annoyed me that i had been foolish enough to spend my money and time watching an advert for Google. i kept expecting to see a skip ad icon flash up on the screen to end the misery, but it never did.
  24. Oct 22, 2013
    This movie was a sleeper that was not provided a chance to gain momentum in the theaters; good for DVD or OnDemand or the after theater outlets! What is more over the top for a good laugh and 'feel good' than Vaughn and Owens! A must watch, gotta have it, laugh out loud, OMG, no regrets!

Spectacular cinema graphics, blow'um up -shoot'um dead, blood work or mystery thriller types are
    not invited. Neither are the art house critics, looking for depth, hidden meaning, symbolism, historical or biographical wah-hah, or a good wallow in angst Johns must beware; NOT YOUR GOTTA HAVE IT MOVIE.

Everybody else, wanna have a laugh, enjoy!
  25. Oct 14, 2013
    what can i say? 2 old guys get into a small team of sociably awkward geeks and get to win an internship at google and helping them sorting their own social faults.
    Seen it done a thousand times, watch it if you don't cringe at this types of movies.
  26. Oct 12, 2013
    There were parts that were certainly funny and entertaining. That being said, It's a painfully generic story that is incredibly predictable and far too long (2 hour run time), The last 20 minutes of which was just torture to sit through because it was so slow. I think if it were shorter then it would have been a more bare-able film. I mean there is a club scene an hour into it that's like 20 minutes long, There should been cut to 5-10 minutes at best because it offered pretty much nothing to the story other than needless secondary character back-story that offered nothing to the film.

So overall, It could have been better than what it was, That's something everyone can agree on, but it wasn't that bad. If you like sappy, predictable comedies then it's right up your alley but other than that, I wouldn't say it's the kind of film you go out of your way to watch. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either.
  27. Oct 8, 2013
    Why Google ever agreed to actively cooperate on this godawful insult to it's own name will forever remain a mystery to me. 'The Intership' is a shining example of why Hollywood should quit making comedies altohether and stay the f*ck away from IT related stuff. The story is a copy and paste of the typical from zero to hero, loser to winner story you all must be sick to death of by now (I know I am). You get punched in the face with every imaginable cliché about computer nerds and group stereotypes. Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn -the worst comedic duo since Hitler and Göring- do their typical fast talking/rating act instead of something that would be actualy funny. And why make it 125mins long, torturing people for 90 mins wasn't enough? Unfortunalty it made some money so some Tinseltown shmuck might think it'd be a good idea to try something similar again, but this is realy is thing that should not be repeated ever again. Expand
  28. Oct 7, 2013
    Google se muestra entretenido despues de esta pelicula.
    Muchas cosas que no sabia de ese se muestran aca en este Film, sin embargo a pesar de una buena ide a y un buen tema la comedia no se hace fuerte del todo aveces estresante aburrida e innecesario.
  29. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The creative idea of "The Internship" uses Google's internship program as the basis of the movie. It features Billy and Nick (Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson) who are in their early forties and are out of the technology generation. They are both watch salesman who are trying to get by in the tough times. The owner of the company (John Goodman) has to let both of them go because sales are down and everyone uses their cell phone.

Nick, (Owen Wilson) gets a job at a cheap bed store run by Will Ferrell. He has a brief roll in the movie and the humor falls short. I could tell that comedy was in the script for Will but it just didn't get to most of the audience. Billy, (Vince Vaughn) pretty much tells Nick that this is not how he should spend his life and explains that he got them a job at Google. The thing is that the interview is via Google hangout so they have to do it at the library. I thought that this was the funniest part of the movie.

We can see them on the hangout. As they both are technology challenged, they're talking way too loud at the screen and sitting way too close together after being reminded many times that the interviewers can hear them fine. As the movie was shot at the Google campus, everything is very accurate. As predicted, they get the internship job and are the odd men out. They are answering all the questions wrong such as thinking its okay to have a beer with your boss. Later in the session, it is time for the interns to pick teams and they are put with a present Google employee, and some others such as Tiya Sircar, Dylan O'Brien, Tobit Raphael, and Josh Brener.

In the beginning of the movie no one likes Billy and Nick because they have no skills in that category at all. After being down 70 to nothing in a quidditch game, Billy and Nick give the team an inspiring talk which really gets the team off running. Though they lost, they started winning tasks and becoming a threat to the other teams. Since the majority of the team is nerds, Nick and Billy take the team out to a bar for dinner to have a good time and bond. Without getting into too much detail, they all had an amazing night even "the best night of their lives." They really play up the "Google" environment in the movie, such as free food, volleyball courts, and slides.

I did not have to watch the whole movie to already know the ending. Don't get me wrong, the movie was very funny and entertaining, but it did not have a very sophisticated plot and when this occurs, the movie usually ends up predictable. I think Vince and Owen have a great time in movies together so the humor comes naturally. Would I see it in the theater? No. It is a movie that you don’t require your full attention. My suggestion is to wait for the DVD. Despite saying all this, I did laugh out loud many times and I think this is definitely a movie to see.
  30. Aug 3, 2013
    this was a fun movie. The movie was quite funny i didnt expect it to be very good because the trailers did not make it look very good but i decided to watch the movie to see how i would like it and i loved the movie it was funny and i got interested in the story and wanted to see what happened at the end. Overall i enjoyed the movie but it may not be for everyone

1. Reviewed by: Guy Lodge
    Jul 5, 2013
    It’s a testament to the duo’s jazzy comic chemistry that they wring some laughs from this dated, frankly sinister premise.
  2. Reviewed by: Ken McIntyre
    Jul 5, 2013
    Vaughn and Wilson. eight years on from "Wedding Crashers," the pair successfully rekindle their irascible shtick.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Bradshaw
    Jul 5, 2013
    There is a creepy, undead feel to this lumbering comedy set in the offices of Google, and Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn have a distinct Baron Samedi look in their eyes.