6.9

1. MaddieS.
    Oct 11, 2005
    I guess it was probably an ok film, but I was actually really bored.I would watch it again, but I don't want to waste my money.
  2. laurab.
    Apr 16, 2005
    Pretty awful and stupid.
  3. NiravM.
    Apr 24, 2005
    What an egregious waste of time. Between the ad hoc character development and awesomely pathetic lines, this movie caused me to blurt out, Ignatius J Reilly style, on more than one occasion. Two key excerpts: Kidman to Penn: "What to you do when you can't sleep at night?" Penn to Kidman, after thoughtful pause: "I stay awake." And another: "Vengeance is a lazy form of grief." Gross!
  4. Billl
    May 8, 2005
    It sucks very dissapointed Very slow moving.
  5. PeterL.
    Apr 14, 2005
    This movie sucked. I a poor escuse for a thriller.
  6. emmaroseb.
    Apr 16, 2005
    Boring boring boring. my god, stilted acting, predictable!!! and just plain i could barely sit through it it was so bloody boring.
  7. TimD.
    Apr 18, 2005
    A vaguely well-intentioned mess. Great work from Sean Penn, but there were moments when even he couldn't overcome the clumsy, trite dialogue.
  8. TheDirtyOne
    Apr 25, 2005
    Holes big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Honestly one of the worst movies I have ever seen, as it falls apart within the first 10 minutes. Two guys talking about an assasination attempt in the freaking U.N. assembly room??? GREAT idea! Yeah, that's a safe bet! And how the hell did they have access to the building after hours anyway? And why were the mics turned on so Nicole Holes big enough to drive a Mack truck through. Honestly one of the worst movies I have ever seen, as it falls apart within the first 10 minutes. Two guys talking about an assasination attempt in the freaking U.N. assembly room??? GREAT idea! Yeah, that's a safe bet! And how the hell did they have access to the building after hours anyway? And why were the mics turned on so Nicole Kidman can hear what they are saying? Very well thought out! These two must be master assasins. Best is the end, though. There is an assasination attempt on this dude speaking at the UN so the place goes bananas, he's rushed away by bodyguards like it' the end of the world but of course [Ed: Spoiler omitted....] Brilliant! Piece of crap. Expand
  9. mcronin
    Apr 26, 2005
    Even though i am huge fan of politcal thrillers, i found this ridiculously bad. it may have had its heart in the right place but the writing was atrocious, the acting was mediocre and the direction was stagnant. i feel sorry for sean penn.
  10. AlexM
    May 5, 2005
    With high expectations, i was left pretty flat with this one. The acting was excellent from Penn and Kidman. Keener was given nothing to work with. The only great scene was bus sequence. There were holes in it and it was quite predictable, up to the very end, which was pretty bad.
  11. markz.
    Nov 4, 2005
    I've seen worse.
  12. TimmyP.
    Apr 21, 2005
    This movie had all the elements needed in a suspense thriller, minus the suspense and the thrills. It was boring, predictable, and too melodramatic. What a waste of acting talent.
  13. J.R.Taylor
    Apr 24, 2005
    Boring, non thriller. Mediocre like most of the films of 2005 so far. Got really tired of Sean Penn's whiny character.
  14. BubbaFresh
    May 14, 2005
    Sydney Pollack has found a cure for insomniacs.
  15. SteveP
    Dec 15, 2005
    This is probally Sydney Pollock's, I'm sorry Pollack's worst film ever. There was a message in it but it was distorted By Nicole Kidman's and Sean Penn's Bogas romance. And is this really a Thriller, there's about 5mins of action in it. the other 123mins is filled with Pollock's theriors of Pasifisum, and Diplomacy. I really liked how they encoraged the This is probally Sydney Pollock's, I'm sorry Pollack's worst film ever. There was a message in it but it was distorted By Nicole Kidman's and Sean Penn's Bogas romance. And is this really a Thriller, there's about 5mins of action in it. the other 123mins is filled with Pollock's theriors of Pasifisum, and Diplomacy. I really liked how they encoraged the sparing of African Hate Crime Offenders. It was also full of really dum dialog, about Nicoles' stupid south african traditions, and Sean's wife who cheated on him with a dancer. "All Right and action movie about Marital Betrail, African Death Rights, and Pasifisum, who about we make Terminator Rise of the Pasifist next!!!!" If you Hate War, Love War Criminals, and Have a Passion for Cheap Romance Films that clam to be Action films you will love this, Both of You!!!!!! Expand

1. Thrillers don't get much smarter than The Interpreter.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Coolly absorbing without being pulse-quickening.
  3. Reviewed by: Ian Nathan
    Solid, mature and finely acted, but intermittently daft.