8.4

1. Sep 2, 2014
    Hello everyone! I don't want to read anyone's review, just if you live in multicultural country like I do, you can not not like this movie. Smart, funny, professional play, nothing false or pretend, pure piece of art. Movie about people and for people. Watched it for three times and will do it again/ My 11 y.o. son watched it with me and than by himself and made a grown up comments! Please, watch it, talk about it, and watch it again! :) Expand
  2. Aug 16, 2014
    Underrated on Metacritic. Variety is absolutely wrong.

Interesting and well acted, "The Intouchables" is a remarkably french film that handles its subject carefully.
  3. Aug 5, 2014
    Amazing movie, although this film is about 2011, I just watched it last week, you can laugh, you can cry, but is inspirer, that kind of movies that change your life. Great music, Omar Sy was very well, François Cluzet too. I can't understand how anyone couldn't like this film.
  4. Jun 9, 2014
    A masterpiece! What else? This movie inspired from a true story will emotionally touch you and leave you thoughtful! The actors are perfectly playing their roles, the music very well selected and the story brings you to another level! Some scenes will make you laugh and others will make you want to cry! Definitely one of the best dramatic-comedy movie I have seen in a while! Bravo à la France!
  5. May 10, 2014
    Great movie. It made me laugh it made me cry and overall I had a great time watching it. In fact I watched it several times and I suggest you do the same. It is based on a true story which makes the story much more interesting. The chemistry of the main duo is great the actors are amazing and the choice of music is epic...
    Please do watch it!
  6. PHJ
    Mar 7, 2014
    The Intouchables is an outstanding French movie, one of a few witch makes me cry, the movie is beautiful, shows that sometimes the most simple person is the greatest one, a real axiom for life, just beautiful, one movie that everyones need to see and think long and hard about it.
  7. Mar 4, 2014
    A real yin-yang relationship. I instantly bought the chemistry and haven't felt this drawn in to a developing relationship in a while. A charming, funny and refreshing take on quite a daring concept.
  8. Jan 23, 2014
    Honest, true and heart-touching, The Intouchables tells the story of an incredible friendship between two persons with very different origins: one is rich yet while the other is poor; one is an invalid while the other is ordinary. Above all, however, what makes this movie worth watching is the way they manage turn from the initial employer-employee relationship to a close friendship, which makes is so strong that everyone may cry after watching the movie. With strong, solid, convincing performances from the two leading actors, The Intouchables deserves a ten without question. Expand
  9. Jan 6, 2014
    Genial e ao mesmo tempo cheio de falhas porém divertido
  10. Nov 19, 2013
    A very good movie, feels like the movies filmed back in 90s, nice actors, based on the true story. There is no drama, there is no story twists, but there are some good jokes. And the best thing that the movie is touching.
  11. Lyn
    Jul 6, 2013
    Well, it's no "Un Coeur en Hiver," but this French film is fun and heart-warming. I think most of us can relate to the satisfaction of two people who somehow find in each other exactly what they needed at that point in their lives. Have to say I felt discomfort at times at the minstrel-like role of the African character (perhaps less than some of the pious reviewers). But art and music are enjoyable motifs as the two men learn to appreciate each other and despite leaving no cliche unturned, the film leaves you happy. Expand
  12. Apr 11, 2013
    Movies based on true stories are often the best. this is a very emotional story that makes me whine as much as it makes me laugh. When there's only good people you're gonna see a wonderment.
  13. Apr 2, 2013
    When a snapshot in the life of a tetraplegic is the feel good movie of the year for me, I know I have found a gem. Interestingly enough the main reason for this is the performance of the unknown to me Oman Sy, playing the role of the caretaker, oozing with innocence, charm and energy. The always excellent François Cluzet managing to express himself without lifting a finger, the solid direction of the two film directors and screenwriters, who based their movie on a true story, only made the whole project one that you'd want to watch again and again. Expand
  14. Jan 25, 2013
    I enjoyed this movie very much, I don't understand the negative reviews given by the critics. Yes perhaps the movie was a bit predictable and unrealistic but overall the story was touching, funny and made me smile the whole time. It was a nice change from the regular Hollywood slapstick.
  15. Jan 21, 2013
    A very beautiful movie. One of of the best movie it's based on a true story. The actors are good and some times it is funny. I like this movie a lot. This is just an awesome movie.
  16. Jan 19, 2013
    Brilliantly acted, and thoroughly enjoyable film. It's quite a simple idea, bastardised from a true situation. You can also enjoy the outraged US reviewers, one of whom says that the film will need a big re-write before being unleashed as a US release, because Americans are so much more sophisticated and class-conscious than those simplistic, crass Europeans. Priceless.
  17. Jan 11, 2013
    Intouchables is a peculiar film, because is so different from what we have seen, speaking only about the way that the plot is developed, however the plot itself is not original. This picture treats topics such as humanity and feeling humanized. Philippe is a quadriplegic millionaire and everyone treats him like someone with a condition, until he meets Driss, a black man who had been recently in jail. The thing that captivates the protagonist is that Driss forget about his condition and treats him as an equal; Philippe finally could feel like a real human being.
    Another interesting thing of the movie is the title Intouchables, referring to Philippe and Driss, because they both are marginalized from the society, the first one have a condition and the other is an ex-convict. All this can be notice in the relation that this both men have with their families. Ones go to the birthday of the millionaire just to see if he is still alive, and the others kicked out Driss from his home.
    Despite the film is very slowly, the humor is great and sophisticated. Plus a mix of classical-disco soundtrack, good direction and unexpected performances, highlighting the one of Omar Sy, this is a pleasant feature, not intouchable at all.
  18. Jan 2, 2013
    The inouchables is the best french movie i've ver seen. It dark humor shines through the cracks made by the drama. The intouchables goes where other comedies do not dare to come and bring the "really wrong" humor at perfect moments. The comedy parts would probably get a 10 in my opinion however the drama parts are sometimes a bit sloppy. Furthermore I didn't like the ending, however it stil was acceptable. My compliments go to the two main actors and the writer of those dark jokes, really loved those ! Expand
  19. Dec 29, 2012
    A soulful and near-to-perfect French language drama film written and directed by Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano, The Intouchables is one of the most genuine surprises of this year. I had no idea how great this film would be and I am very, very glad that I had been waiting to watch this for a long time. The excellent incorporation of drama, slight humor, good song selection, delicacy of the intense joyful/saddening moments and those silly jokes are what make this film so great. The direction is so superb at times that even the saddening moments can make you laugh at times with the inclusion of those silly jokes.
    Of course, the review would be incomplete without mentioning the wonderful performances by Omar Sy and Francois Cluzet, that are totally worth appreciating. They are the souls of this film, they generate that fantastic charisma which is enough to keep you interested in the film. The storyline is fresh, as it is also based on a true story and it moves you emotionally and what's best about it that it doesn't deviate from the true purpose of the movie despite the fact that it covers almost every aspect of drama in a single plot. I'm not going to spoil it for you by discussing the plot of the film.
    This film has done much business on Box Office in France and it may also be the biggest blockbuster because it is that great, people are really loving it. I LOVED IT. It has also been shortlisted in the Best Foreign Language Film category of 85th Academy Awards. This is an honor for a film to be selected out of more than 70 films submitted for Best Foreign Language Film Oscar. Additionally, it is also nominated for Best Foreign Language Film category of 70th Golden Globe Awards. Don't read critics' reviews and take a pass on this one, this movie has much to offer once you are ready to accept it.
    Long story short, The Intouchables is one of my top favorite films of 2012.
  20. Dec 18, 2012
    As a friend said, it is the depressing serious films about death and suicide that get the high critical praise. she will no longer seeing anything rated over 70 for fear that it'll be a downer. This one is delightful, funny, suspenseful ...and slightly fluffy. I'd recommend it to anyone.
  21. Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks to all strong cast and smooth direction, Intouchables was crowd pleaser. Never stop laughing during the movie, Intouchables was really that good. Although it is super hilarious, the subject is serious.
  22. Dec 7, 2012
    Excellent drama with a little comedy.
  23. Nov 5, 2012
    It is cliche, yes. But it is also an incredibly pleasing, well-acted, often times hilarious, and heartfelt drama. Ludovico Einaudi's contribution to the score is phenomenal.
  24. Oct 7, 2012
    It's a freakin classic. Great movie, unless you are a jaded cynic. This is probably the first movie I gave a ten. And even though I am kind of a film expert, I based this rating solely on how I felt while watching it.
  25. Sep 30, 2012
    great movie,this is a must see!!!so positive and great sense of humor,also the storyline is great,i recommend it to everybody,hope they make the episode 2
  26. Sep 28, 2012
    Amazing movie! Really funny and really touching. A very well-spend 2 hour trip into the lives of these two interesting men. Omar Sy is really funny, also the second or even third time you're watching the movie and I really enjoyed the camera angles as well. Rightly the most successful French film in years: a must-see movie!
  27. Aug 17, 2012
    I am uncertain as to what I can find to criticise about this movie. It is a joy from beginning to end. The subtle emotional piano music in the background lends it an emotional edge that only enhances the stunning performances of the two leading actors. The comic timing is wonderful as well as the mix of poignant reality and cruel fate.
    This is so refreshingly different from the pappy
    Hollywood stories of brotherhood we see that it genuinely made me think seriously about moving back to Europe. It deserves all the accolades it will receive. Most of all it is a seriously funny movie I laughed and cried. Expand
  28. Jul 18, 2012
    Ok, so I went into this movie not knowing anything about the actors, director, or story so that I could give the movie an unbiased review so YOU could make an educated decision about seeing this film: and here we go. This movie isn't without its charms, believe you me, it will have you giggling one moment and dead silent the next, but its just that. You'll share no huge laughs or be truly concerned for the main characters and the way their lives intertwine. Don't get me wrong, both lead actors play their roles very well, but not enough to draw you truly in to this brief slice of their lives. Some parts of this movie felt like they were thrown in just to fill time and serve no other purpose. I cant give this movie a higher review but it does have its audience: those who need to know their are people out there who have it just a little worse than you do. But you still might not come away with that. Expand
  29. Jul 11, 2012
    This is the feel good movie of the year for me. To think that it was based on a true story. There are a few bright spots still on the horizon, it seems. Improbable pairing of the two principals, but it worked.
  30. Jun 22, 2012
    Touching, funny and a intriguing adventure. These are the words that describe this miraculous film and I could not say any less. With amazing acting, superb directing and an unforgettable story, you cannot keep yourself "intouchable" from this film.
  31. Jun 11, 2012
    No es la primera película que indaga sobre las dificultades de adaptación de la discapacidad a una sociedad donde tendemos a despacharla con una mirada compasiva y sobreprotectora (en los mejores casos). Existen otras muchas donde nos presentan la discapacidad como una fuente de desdicha y frustración, a espaldas de un mundo que sólo ve a un metro del suelo . En Nacido el 4 de Julio, Tom Cruise combatía los fantasmas del Vietnam sentado en una silla de ruedas y en Forrest Gump, Gary Sinise hacía lo propio sumergiéndose en la bebida como única vía de escape a una vida sin piernas. Son historias que muestran el espinoso recorrido a la aceptación de las personas con discapacidad. Pero algo en común tienen todas ellas: que encuentran en la inocencia y en la falta de prejuicios la complicidad necesaria para huir de un entorno donde hallan más obstáculos que comprensión. Intocable es una buena película. Refleja como la discapacidad es mejor entendida desde la inocencia de alguien que vive alejado de los cánones de la corrección y la falsa moral, un joven negro inmigrante de Senegal que vive en los suburbios de Paris, que no ve en la discapacidad una silla de ruedas sino al ser humano que está sentado en ella. Los dos personajes principales tejen a lo largo de toda la película una complicidad que eclipsa las diferencias físicas, culturales y de raza que existen entre ellos. Ambos aprenden el uno del otro como convivir contra la adversidad en sus vidas y fortalecen ese vínculo relativizando los problemas. Subyace el mensaje claro de que la discapacidad debe Expand
  32. Jun 9, 2012
    This popular French import (last year's most viewed film) will likely prove a hit here. It's about a rich invalid who hires a black ex-con from the "hood" as caretaker. The seemingly incompatible combo turns out to be perfect partnership of support, humor and friendship. Both of the leads are endearing and the story moves with a lively attitude and plenty of laughs. Expect to be charmed, touched and entertained. Expand
  33. Jun 8, 2012
    For the second week in a row I saw a winner of a movie when I picked to go and see, â
  34. Jun 3, 2012
    The film has been officially crowned as the most successful film in French domestic market (Frenchâ
  35. Jun 2, 2012
    This is a must see! Everyone I've recommended it to has thoroughly enjoyed it. Unless you are a total cynic or movie snob that has to have dark twist or inexplicable plot, this is a movie to be enjoyed
  36. May 30, 2012
    Definitely worth of watching, with a great sense of humor, reality and a little bit of magic! After all Intouchables make me feel as good as main characters in the movie.
  37. May 26, 2012
    This movie is great and the actors too the storyline is very good and i hope it became a episode 2 then this is actually the best movie sorry for my bad english im german :D
  38. May 25, 2012
    Shredding box office records in Europe, and shedding histrionics to tell a tale of dependence explored by an improbable friendship, 'Intouchables' confirms the enduring appetite filmgoers of all sorts can have for the simplest of stories; ones that aren't fake with bank-breaking void, but full with real shades of humanity. Directed by Eric Toledano and Olivier Nakache, the film revolves around two very different men, each looking for someone or something to mitigate their current situations; circumstances that are far from favorable. The first is a Senegalese immigrant named Driss (Omar Sy) who lives anyway he can. He resides in the crime-ridden projects outside Paris, France, where he commutes by foot, and is in the process of recovering from his stint in prison that's lasted six months. Looking to find a solid line of employment, one that will limit his time off the streets, Driss lands a job as a caregiver to an affluent quadriplegic Phillipe (Francois Cluzet). This premise provides the framework for the evolving relationship of two very different people, joined together by means of business. While the film does make certain of its "based on a true story" visage, it, in reality, is far more fictionalized than true (the real-life Driss, for example, was an Arab named Abdel). When asked why the filmmakers opted to make the casting change to include a black aide, they made the case they wanted Omar Sy. That's fine, he is more than qualified; he did beat out Jean Dujardin's role in "The Artist" for last years French Cesar Award. However, some of the scenes he's in, feel overly cliche, corny, and forced; think "Earth, Wind, and Fire." Moreover, as a whole, 'Intouchables' also contains a great many plot twists and character developments that seem to come from nowhere at unspecified times. Even more, and vexing of all, is the amount of exaggeration and lingering sense of insincerity that is never quite lifted from the film's intended "feel-good" aura; the film tries to offer something so absurdly inconceivable while not explaining how it all could be considered plausible. Instead, one is left to contemplate what might have been if the holey script would have placed more focus on developing the characters, and the situations that surround them. Notwithstanding its continuation of subterfuge, 'Intouchables' is held together by an earnest devotion to humanity, with its writers paying careful attention to delineating stability from adversity, and the persevering will by each man to accept the other, turning what would otherwise be constant cliche into an affecting camaraderie that is brought to form by Sy and Cluzet who possess a surprising chemistry to the screen. Further, while the copious subplots flirt with vapidity, often detailing personal despair, the film remains apt with the frequent gauging and testing of the men's representative comfort levels that the audience can see and feel teetertotter before their very eyes. Ultimately, 'Intouchables' liege disposition to value interpersonal affection over flattering dishonesty solidifies its connection with audience, and almost compensates for its few-too-many moments of self-inflicted abashment. It's the leads who salvage this lightly-intense European-pop-culture-phenomenon. Don't like it...you can blame the French. Expand
  39. May 25, 2012
    I don't see how anyone could not like this movie. The acting is good, the story reaches out to you, at times it is genuinely touching, and a moment later you will find yourself laughing in your chair. If you get the chance, see this movie. The great feeling you're left with alone is worth the money.

I went to see this film with six or so friends, and while we're usually quite divided on
    whether a film was good or bad, we all agreed that this is one of the best movies you can go see this year. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Jun 6, 2012
    Take from the film's racial commingling what you want. Much of this may be old hat, even corny, and potentially offensive, but I haven't laughed out loud this often at a movie in ages.
    What it provides (instead of the thematically clever dialogue of typically subtle French comedy) is biting wit, poignancy and, forsaking some structural nuisances, the summer's best bromance.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Williams
    Jun 1, 2012
    It's the kind of movie that inspires word-of-mouth recommendations by speaking the international language of culture clash.