6.1

1. Dec 30, 2011
    I wish the critics would restrict their comments to the movie and not Margret Thacher. We should be rating the move not her politics! Grade the movie and it's actors not the politics of the time.Please restrict your opinions to the movies not the politics of the time. It really makes you look stupid..
  2. Dec 31, 2011
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND. The film is a brilliant and abstract exploration on aging and the fickle nature of society today. I was surprised at how relevant it felt to the times and how interestingly it was shot. Not your normal stuffy biopic. In the age of Wikipedia, the movie does not labor over details but rather focuses on impressions and presents ideas. Challenging and thought provokingHIGHLY RECOMMEND. The film is a brilliant and abstract exploration on aging and the fickle nature of society today. I was surprised at how relevant it felt to the times and how interestingly it was shot. Not your normal stuffy biopic. In the age of Wikipedia, the movie does not labor over details but rather focuses on impressions and presents ideas. Challenging and thought provoking and all those ready to dismiss this film should really look closer. Expand
  3. Mar 25, 2012
    Sorry, Italian - English mechanic.

Sorry, Italian - English mechanic.

Certainly not a biopic. Because it is not as visually presented to the viewer, not all, objective, historical. Among other things, several important events have just mentioned. The narrative revolves around a story of some of the most influential women a few decades ago. E ', the story, told from the point of view of the leader.Given that a British citizen I would never dream, never to vote for the Conservatives The Tories / or the Baroness of Kesteven, Lincolnshire Margaret Hilda Roberts Thatcher born /, there is still a fact of course, irrefutable. Miss Roberts, has always shown, as a teenager, that the words written for a year after his speech, we are in October 1980 Conference of the Conservative Party / the famous playwright Sir Ronald Graeme Millar, speechwriter / "The Lady's ... not for turning ", are the culmination of a life and a political idea, never hidden from the voters and party colleagues. An intellectual honesty, hard to find in the politicians of today, especially Italian ones, always ready to compromise penny, and never being always ready appearance. Like it or not, the nickname affibbiatole by a Soviet journalist, "the Iron Lady," we are in the Cold War years, will accompany you for life. And, I understand that Thatcher, Prime Minister, he never scorned, despised, abhorred. How many people in Britain still loves? I do not know, probably half prays for her, the other half is hoping for a higher ascent from. He has been criticized so much for the choice made when he decided to kick off the war immediately against Argentina 1982 Falklands War / conflict that has cost the parties involved in human lives, much more than 1000 deaths and nearly 2000 injured . Question - How has it made Anthony Charles Lynton Blair, or Tony Blair Labor / in Iraq?

Threesome - The Triad

Phyllida Lloyd director / - Abi Morgan script / - Meryl Streep Margaret Thatcher /
    This triad is a proven team work and all women. Random seed? I would not say and I'm going to justify what is expressed by taking a look at the recent past.Phyllida Lloyd big theater experience / curriculum with everything from reading and Meryl Streep have worked together in Mamma Mia! Abi Morgan, fine physically, but fluid in thought is the child of art created for the theater, the theater, the theater. Still a teenager, his parents decided to separate. So begins, despite himself, to wave to the nation. Different schools, different friends, but always with a goal, to become an actress or a writer for the theater. We can. Nuffield Theatre Southampton, Manchester Royal Exchange Studio Theatre, Royal Lyceum Theatre Edinburgh / and so on. But because I have dwelt a little on this character?Because Abi Morgan is a person pays attention to detail. And the movie is full, chock, chock full of details and of all types. It took months to outline the kind of writing the next idea, nothing has been left to chance. The choice of Streep was not, in fact, a case. Phyllida Lloyd and Abi Morgan during job interviews, it took very little time to find the actress in Streep suitable for the purpose, to the film.Only Streep, can give life to the Leader, until then "imprisoned" in pages full of the best graphic abstraction. And Streep does not disappoint, in fact, won an Academy Award. Even the first statuette she added two more, Mark Coulier and J. Roy Helland will win an Oscar for makeup.

Council to see the film because it is "humane" policy in the cold misty memories of the Prime Minister later in life and ill, becomes a tale pleasing to watch and listen. It 'should be clear that the careful observer, and as always if you like it, to study issues that life has dealt so politically engaged. I cite only some of the initiatives taken by the longest running tenant of No. 10 Downing Street away free milk at school, stay in or not in the European community, the policy of austerity, trade union reform, tax reform, the rehabilitation project for distressed public companies, reform of trade unions, to strike deal over the long history of workers, agreements with Ronald Reagan, the Falklands War, the Poll Tax, and so on /.

Lord Charles Powell - Political Adviser M. Thatcher said of her - "The T. had phenomenal energy policy, did not sleep much, maybe 3 hours at night, does not care about holidays, weekends are not interested, he worked for seven 7 days and 20 hours per day. It was very hard, but it was a guy who always wanted to understand everything, wanted to be mistress of all the problems of geverno. "

Anything else to add? I think not.
  4. Jan 14, 2012
    Fascinating slice of life portrayal of Margret Thatcher, brilliantly portrayed by Meryl Streep. Touches on a variety of themes from self-determination to aging, and the struggle for gender equality set in the 70s and 80s. For those of us old enough to remember? Compelling. Touching. Sad. Fascinating... And fleetingly portrayed, but unless you turn this into Masterpiece Classics? You haveFascinating slice of life portrayal of Margret Thatcher, brilliantly portrayed by Meryl Streep. Touches on a variety of themes from self-determination to aging, and the struggle for gender equality set in the 70s and 80s. For those of us old enough to remember? Compelling. Touching. Sad. Fascinating... And fleetingly portrayed, but unless you turn this into Masterpiece Classics? You have to draw the line somewhere ...and no one will be happy with where. :-). For Meryl? Another Oscar I think! Expand
  5. Jan 14, 2012
    Just saw the movie and really liked it. The negative critics seem to think it's a poor summary of Thatcher's life, that it does her a disservice. Perhaps, but it wasn't meant to be a documentary. Instead it shows a remarkable woman's courageous rise, her inevitable fall from power, and her twilight years. Its a very realistic portrait of the state we all reach eventually. Perhaps I'mJust saw the movie and really liked it. The negative critics seem to think it's a poor summary of Thatcher's life, that it does her a disservice. Perhaps, but it wasn't meant to be a documentary. Instead it shows a remarkable woman's courageous rise, her inevitable fall from power, and her twilight years. Its a very realistic portrait of the state we all reach eventually. Perhaps I'm swayed by having an aging mother whose life was hard-fought. But I thought it was touching and brilliant. And by God if Streep doesn't get the Oscar I'll eat my hat. Expand
  6. Jan 15, 2012
    Stirring portrayal of the controversial former Prime Minister of England. Excellent acting by the whole cast, especially Meryl Streep and Alexandra Roach. This movie does not flinch from showing every phase of Thatcher's life. From her early years living through World War II, to her difficult attempts to enter politics; to her love for her husband and then the main career years we allStirring portrayal of the controversial former Prime Minister of England. Excellent acting by the whole cast, especially Meryl Streep and Alexandra Roach. This movie does not flinch from showing every phase of Thatcher's life. From her early years living through World War II, to her difficult attempts to enter politics; to her love for her husband and then the main career years we all know, you get much more than in your average biographical film. Wonder of wonders, they allow the character to grow older and show all of her issues with declining health. Every one of the ups and downs of her terms in office is shown with brutal clarity. We see everything from the wild early years of success, as the stock market went up to crazy heights, and then the thunder as it all came crashing down. Riots, the poll tax, none of it is swept under the rug. They also show her personal character- from stubbornness to a hidden and surprising grace and hope. Although I disagreed with a number of her political decisions, in this movie I was shown that there was more to her than meets the eye. A lot more. One of the most powerful movies I've seen in a long time. Expand
  7. Feb 9, 2012
    What a fantastic movie! You can truly feel, what's inside Mrs Thatcher! Even if you don't like her political decisions, you cannot do not to feel sad for her. There are a bit few historical scenes, but they are strong enough to forget about this, and with the touching "old lady" scenes, it's really one of the greatest movies of the year, even if 2011 is not as strong as 2010 in movies.
  8. Feb 19, 2012
    Great, great, superb performance by Meryl Streep...
    But as Roger Ebert said, her talent is squandered here... This movie is ruined by other circumstances...
    Still I enjoyed it though...
  9. Dec 29, 2013
    The best female leading performance I ever saw! Meryl Streep is simply fantastic as Margaret Thatcher and she deserves the Oscar for this. The film has got several problems, but Streep saves it.

1. Reviewed by: Liam Lacey
    Jan 12, 2012
    The Iron Lady is a performance in search of a film.
  2. Reviewed by: Ann Hornaday
    Jan 12, 2012
    Can a performance be too good? Meryl Streep disappears so uncannily into former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady that her performance overpowers the movie it's in - a perfectly executed triple axel that renders everything else just featureless ice.
  3. Reviewed by: Shawn Levy
    Jan 12, 2012
    Anyone looking for a full-bodied account of the woman, her deeds, and her place in history shouldn't be encouraged to linger too long with The Iron Lady.