7.9

1. SamLubicz
    Jul 11, 2003
    What a load of junk. This was just pure garbage.
  2. RonP.
    Oct 9, 2003
    I cannot believe that no one has recognized this movie for what it actually is, an expanded new product intro video for the Mini Cooper done in the same style as all those shorts that BMW (which owns Mini Cooper) has been using to promote their other cars in recent years. The fact that it was based on a previous film helped lend it some artistic credibility, but it is in fact nothing more I cannot believe that no one has recognized this movie for what it actually is, an expanded new product intro video for the Mini Cooper done in the same style as all those shorts that BMW (which owns Mini Cooper) has been using to promote their other cars in recent years. The fact that it was based on a previous film helped lend it some artistic credibility, but it is in fact nothing more than a 104 minute commercial. Collapse
  3. Apr 7, 2015
    I chose to watch it so none to blame. I wanted to be entertained, that's it. Of course, there is much better entertainment out there that doesn't completely feel like a waste of time. There is a lack of life in the characters (?) and relationships that makes it just a factory made cliche. The part with Sutherland is slightly better.
  4. LassiterP.
    Jun 23, 2003
    [***Spoiler***] The best actor in the entire ensemble cast was whacked in the first fifteen minutes (Donald Sutherland) making for the premise of the movie. It would have been a lot better if they had killed Mark Wahlberg and Charlize Theron as their pairing had no chemistry at all. Ed Norton is capable of so much better. Very disappointing.
  5. JohnA.
    Jun 15, 2003
    I think it really says a lot that a movie this boring and predictable can get an overall 68 rating from the "critics" in this country. How much more dumbed down are we going to allow Hollywood to get before we stop wasting our $8 to $10? Theron is simply eye candy. What a no-talent waste of space. Her and Marky Mark have ZERO chemistry. I guess Ed Norton has to pay the bills, but this I think it really says a lot that a movie this boring and predictable can get an overall 68 rating from the "critics" in this country. How much more dumbed down are we going to allow Hollywood to get before we stop wasting our $8 to $10? Theron is simply eye candy. What a no-talent waste of space. Her and Marky Mark have ZERO chemistry. I guess Ed Norton has to pay the bills, but this film is certainly beneath someone of his abilities. Don't waste your hard earned money on this crapper. Expand
  6. GarrettB.
    Sep 5, 2003
    Wow. I don't believe there could have been a more horrific acting performance. Two points for the pretty lady.
  7. Spriggangirl
    Jul 10, 2003
    Is it just me,or is everyone tired of watching too many mafia movies at the same time?If you guys think that the italian job is an incredible hit, then get bent!
  8. Axle
    Jul 22, 2003
    Don't waste your money or time on this one. Rent the original with Michael Caine. The 1969 film doesn't waste the cast, story or budget as this one does. I loved the original, what a let down the remake is....
  9. Aug 28, 2014
    Sub-par remake of an already sub-par heist adventure. Charlize Theron does excite--but is lost amidst unnecessary action. I fear that all I will take away from this experience is a vision of the Mini-Cooper.

1. An elaborate techno-heist thriller, The Italian Job features some spectacular chase scenes, but for a change, the people doing the chasing are also worth watching.
  2. Feels a like smooth, exciting whoosh down a ski slope.
    The chase scenes in The Italian Job are the most exciting ones I can remember seeing in a movie in a long time, probably because they're the only ones I can remember -- and that's saying something.