Paramount Pictures | Release Date: May 30, 2003
8.9
Universal acclaim based on 284 Ratings
Watch Now
adoruNov 1, 2010
Fun movie, but rather dumb. They make so many poor choices leading up to the heist that the suspension of disbelief is non-existent. Unlike the Ocean's crew, these guys not only do things in the most un-slick, non subtle way possible, butFun movie, but rather dumb. They make so many poor choices leading up to the heist that the suspension of disbelief is non-existent. Unlike the Ocean's crew, these guys not only do things in the most un-slick, non subtle way possible, but they leave gaping holes in the plan and just make bad choices. Like having the gang leader's daughter spy on the antagonist as a cable repairwoman. Really? You don't think he might have seen her before, working with him all those years?

If you can set aside all the logic problems, it's a fun movie with a great pulse. Edward Norton is always awesome, even as a sniveling bad guy. But intelligent this movie is not.
matroycemApr 30, 2013
To me this is not a remake. To be fair I really wish they had not put Italian Job in the Title. In the UK its call 'The Italian Job: LA Heist' and from this I wish it was just called 'LA Heist'. The story is not all that bad. Its fairlyTo me this is not a remake. To be fair I really wish they had not put Italian Job in the Title. In the UK its call 'The Italian Job: LA Heist' and from this I wish it was just called 'LA Heist'. The story is not all that bad. Its fairly generic but engaging. Most of the parts in the film are played well and I did think the cast was good. The only real reason that this is The Italian Job is through the choice of cars (New BMW MINIS). The plot moves at a decent pace and has plenty of set pieces, action moments along with some emotions (these feel a little obvious and fairly predictable) but its not a bad way to spend an hour and a half.
The ending is a little cheap for me but its not the worst you will ever see.
Rent rather than buy.
Spielberg00Nov 14, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Bottom Line: Not that it should be passed on, but Oceanâ Expand
sinadoomJun 2, 2012
Perfect length, good choice of actors and best of all, the story is told almost flawlessly. Every minute of the film has been put to good use, so there are no fillers and it's all straight in there. It's "smart but simple" with some humourPerfect length, good choice of actors and best of all, the story is told almost flawlessly. Every minute of the film has been put to good use, so there are no fillers and it's all straight in there. It's "smart but simple" with some humour and good action scenes. I don't think it's a great film though. It's too gimmicky and lacking focus or the wow factor, but it's a good action film that won't dissapoint. Expand
beingryanjudeAug 28, 2014
Sub-par remake of an already sub-par heist adventure. Charlize Theron does excite--but is lost amidst unnecessary action. I fear that all I will take away from this experience is a vision of the Mini-Cooper.
RayzorMooseNov 12, 2013
The Italian Job gets promoted.
There is very little to speak of, The Italian Job is filled with overly qualified actors that are handed paper thin characters and cheesy one liners. An entertaining heist film with poor logic and no substance.
CalibMcBoltsMay 30, 2016
2003's classic remake ''The Italian Job'' is mediocrity at its best. It's neither great, original, surprising or anything of such sorts, nor is it bad in any way, shape or form. It's an entertaining film, it certainly is, but that's really al2003's classic remake ''The Italian Job'' is mediocrity at its best. It's neither great, original, surprising or anything of such sorts, nor is it bad in any way, shape or form. It's an entertaining film, it certainly is, but that's really al it is. The script is predictable and filled with plot-holes as you expect with films like this, the acting isnt good, nor is it bad, no one in particular stands out, Edward Norton maybe, he plays a cool villain, but in the opening scene of the film (and knowing the general synopsis of the film beforehand) you instantly know he was going to be the one to betray them, with his scary face and the moustache.
The film has cool ideas, despite having seen them all done before a hundred times, it has impressive set pieces, car/boat chases, good locations and a stellar cast. The way it was executed reminded me in a good way of Fast Five/Furious Six/ and Furious Seven. The same style of a rag-tag team planning a big heist, with car chases, lots of money, and just a great time watching

All in all ''The Italian Job'' is certainly an entertaining flick, but extremely conventional, predictable, same with the characters.