The Italian Job

8.7

1. Jan 5, 2014
    A heist movie at its best, The Italian Job is very fun and never lets go of your attention. Pretty good acting by Mark Wahlberg and the crew, and the movie has a nice, witty script.
  2. DanO.
    Jan 30, 2004
    You know, I think people are taking this movie way too seriously. It's fun ... and quite frankly I don't think the acting is that bad. I thought the chemistry between the characters was quite good and enjoyed the back-and-forth banter. The thing I disliked most about this movie was the preview. It gave away ALL of the plot points and I almost didn't go because I thought the You know, I think people are taking this movie way too seriously. It's fun ... and quite frankly I don't think the acting is that bad. I thought the chemistry between the characters was quite good and enjoyed the back-and-forth banter. The thing I disliked most about this movie was the preview. It gave away ALL of the plot points and I almost didn't go because I thought the movie would be ruined for me. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the movie considering I knew where it was heading all the time. I guess that's a statement on what the movie did between those points. I actually found most of the story rather interesting as they planned and committed their crimes (even if the preview had given away some of the secrets). As for it being a Mini commercial, yah and your point is? It is a hollywood movie after all. I guess you give every Bond movie a 2 because each one showcased the latest cool car (Austin Martin, BMW, etc). If the movie was only about the cars (can you say Too Fast and Furious) then I would be giving it a two, but there is way more to this movie than the Minis. Expand
  3. ChadS.
    Jun 11, 2003
    You get cynical. You assume all Hollywood action films are going to suck. But not "The Italian Job". It's smartly written and well-acted. I like how Stella (Theron) is just one of the guys. There's no romance with Wahlberg to kill the narrative. Theron is obviously beautiful, but she blunts her sexuality while visiting the male camraderie zone. No muss, no fuss; just get the You get cynical. You assume all Hollywood action films are going to suck. But not "The Italian Job". It's smartly written and well-acted. I like how Stella (Theron) is just one of the guys. There's no romance with Wahlberg to kill the narrative. Theron is obviously beautiful, but she blunts her sexuality while visiting the male camraderie zone. No muss, no fuss; just get the gold back from Steve(Norton). Our eyes don't glaze over with boredom during the final action sequence because Charlie's cohorts feel more human than cardboard. There's something at stake. We're on their side. "The Italian Job" is a lot of fun, and that's a surprise. I remember "Bad Company" and "Enough". Expand
  4. Jan 7, 2012
    Intelligent action, nothing too absurd, and great acting. Theron and Wahlberg have chemistry, and all the other characters work well together. Overall, a very satisfying movie.
  5. Jan 29, 2015
    F. Gary Gray dirige esse ótimo Remake,com um final satisfatório ao contrário do genial Law Abiding Citizen que tem um final horrível,Jason Statham no começo da carreira já mostrava talento como Rob O Bonitão,Mos Def é ótimo como orelha esquerda,Charlize Theron é ótima como Stella Bridger E Mark Wahlberg está ótimo Charlie Croker,Donald Sutherland E Seth Green estão ótimos também.
    Achei
    Achei meio imbecil Edward Norton dizer que esse é seu pior filme.
  6. Aug 13, 2014
    That's a good example of what the thrillers of that genre should looks like.Great acting performances,great story and awesome action scenes.This movie is just one of the best(in this genre).
  7. MattC.
    Apr 20, 2004
    Cool.
  8. MattC.
    Apr 20, 2004
    Cool.
  9. BillJ.
    Oct 12, 2003
    I enjoyed this stylish, big fun comedy. It brought back memories of the old days of innocent movies where everything worked out in the end. It was refreshing not to have anyone get shot and nothing blown up! I love Renee Zellweger and she can also sing a pretty good tune.
  10. TojoU.
    Jun 17, 2003
    The Italian Job had a lot of action and a great chase scene. It was a great movie all together.
  11. VikramM.
    Aug 1, 2004
    Great movie. Funny, smart, nice, and action packed. The acting was good, storyline good. It was good, nice movie, I laughed, and I was into it. Good movie.
  12. WAKOJAKO
    Jun 3, 2003
    This film is a tight little caper that fits in right along with Ocean's 11, though a bit underwritten, and in the end you remember the action sequences while the rest becomes quite easily forgettable. Still, some good bang for your buck.
  13. AndrewM.
    Apr 4, 2004
    Reading through the comments for this film, I wonder just what some people want to get from films they watch. For me, it's entertainment every time. And this remake of The Italian Job delivers big time! I loved it. Whether or not you have seen the original, get it out, kick back, forget everything, and have a blast! If you don't then you're mighty hard to please. (Ohh, and Reading through the comments for this film, I wonder just what some people want to get from films they watch. For me, it's entertainment every time. And this remake of The Italian Job delivers big time! I loved it. Whether or not you have seen the original, get it out, kick back, forget everything, and have a blast! If you don't then you're mighty hard to please. (Ohh, and Bill J, I think you're confused...) Expand
  14. Myles#13
    Sep 6, 2006
    Fantastic movie... every actor/actress fit the mould perfectly. Plot was neat, chase scenes and special effects were sweet, lines were witty... The Italian Job is a really entertaining movie! After multiple plays, I am still not bored of it. MUST SEE!
  15. NickS.
    May 25, 2003
    I gave this film a higher rating because it was a completely enjoyable experience. After seeing the trailer which gives away most of the film, I didn't expect anything positive at all. Perhaps my lowered expectations contributed to my enjoyment. There was some great comedy as well as action scenes. All the supporting actors did amazing jobs. Ed Norton probably gave the weakest I gave this film a higher rating because it was a completely enjoyable experience. After seeing the trailer which gives away most of the film, I didn't expect anything positive at all. Perhaps my lowered expectations contributed to my enjoyment. There was some great comedy as well as action scenes. All the supporting actors did amazing jobs. Ed Norton probably gave the weakest performance. And Mark Wahlberg was his same catatonic self. But Mos Def and Jason Statham cracked me up! Even Seth Green, who usually annoys the hell out of me, did a great job. The script was pretty tight and flowed really well. I was very entertained from beginning to end and highly recommend this film to anyone who just wants to sit back in a theatre and have some old-fashioned fun! Expand
  16. TomS.
    May 30, 2003
    This movie rules! Charlize Theron is so hot!! ...and the mini car chase rules! Awsome!!
  17. JackD.
    Jun 1, 2003
    A good old-fashioned caper movie. The chase scenes are terrific. There is one "Sutherland" in this movie...if only we could have had the other one in place of Markie Mark....
  18. PhillipK.
    Jun 1, 2003
    Better than you'd expect. Not just another crime caper film, it actually has some interesting and sympathetic characters that you'll find yourself caring about. Good laughs throughout, and genuine suspense, not so much in the action pieces but in simple moments like during a dinner date... Everyone talks about the Mini Coopers that get a lot of screen time here but I wasn't Better than you'd expect. Not just another crime caper film, it actually has some interesting and sympathetic characters that you'll find yourself caring about. Good laughs throughout, and genuine suspense, not so much in the action pieces but in simple moments like during a dinner date... Everyone talks about the Mini Coopers that get a lot of screen time here but I wasn't exactly blown away by the chase sequences...(Not after seeing the Matrix Reloaded!) Far more intriguing are the elaborate and high-tech means each "side" uses to outsmart the other. A good romp! HOWEVER, I must say this - Mark Wahlberg should find another career. He brings NOTHING to the table, he is a black hole that has the potential to suck the life out of every scene he's in. Thankfully for this film, the other actors, the script, the pacing, etc., survive working around this corpse of an actor. It was a good enough film not to be ruined by his blankness. Every assignment he gets is a horrendous miscast. After "Planet of the Apes", "The Truth About Charlie", and now this, I am convinced that he can play no one but himself, and even that's a big yawn. Go away, Mark. Expand
  19. MetalInc
    Jun 12, 2003
    Very decent film...I wasn't expecting much with this but I was excited when it was over. Well thought out crime caper movie that would almost be a realistic high tech robbery.
  20. Phatman
    Jun 13, 2003
    I got the feeling this movie was influenced by Snatch. The music and the style was similar. That's why this movie kicks ass. Not as good as Oceans 11 though.
  21. DerekW.
    Jun 23, 2003
    I preferred the original then this remake. I thought that the original had so much more than the updated version. With that said, it is nice too see an old movie remade with a 21st century twist on it. I really recommend seeing the original of any remake, sometimes they are just as good, if not better (eg. original Time Machine, Gone in 60 Seconds, etc.).
  22. TomK.
    Jun 7, 2003
    Good summer fun.
  23. Gerald
    Jul 2, 2003
    It was a pretty good movie. boring at first but the action/chase scenes really live it up.
  24. CaptainCraig
    Feb 20, 2005
    Maybe not a continder for an Oscar, but entertaining nevertheless.
    Jul 9, 2005
    Not much of a story, but great fun (especially the Mini chase scene). Also makes you htink harder about that rich neighb or next doors: how did they really get their money?
  26. RodS.
    Nov 6, 2003
    The movie never takes itself too seriously. Just a lot of fun.
  27. PatrickH.
    Dec 21, 2003
    Pretty cool!!!
  28. JustinM.
    Jun 11, 2003
    A fairly good heist flick full of great one-liners, theives with killer aliases and a lot of laughs. Very enjoyable to watch. If I had to compare, I'd rate this movie higher than say... The Score, but lower than Ocean's 11 and Gone in 60 Seconds.
  29. MarcK.
    Jun 21, 2003
    As I write this (6/21/03), this has been a dismal summer for quality films. So "The Italian Job" was a pleasant surprise. Very fun and entertaining. Great supporting performances by Charlize Theron, Jason Statham (glad he's decided to make a film with someone else besides Guy Ritchie) and Mos Def (although his name's a bit ridiculous). Sadly, Mark Wahlberg is a bit of a As I write this (6/21/03), this has been a dismal summer for quality films. So "The Italian Job" was a pleasant surprise. Very fun and entertaining. Great supporting performances by Charlize Theron, Jason Statham (glad he's decided to make a film with someone else besides Guy Ritchie) and Mos Def (although his name's a bit ridiculous). Sadly, Mark Wahlberg is a bit of a disappointment. He does a yeoman's job, but is in over his head. Collapse
  30. JaneS.
    Nov 13, 2003
    I disagree with fantasy. the movie was full of action and kept me intrigued till the end. i think wahlberg and the rest of the cast did a great job. it was not just full of action it hit a comedic angle as well.
  31. Mar 27, 2012
    The Italian Job turned out to be better than I expected. Looking through the cast I was worried that the director was relying on the ensemble of heavyweight actors to carry the film, but dialogue and story-wise, The Italian Job wasn't bad at all. There's a lot of unnecessary filler scenes in the middle third, and the director/editor could have easily cut out a good ten-fifteen minutes. AsThe Italian Job turned out to be better than I expected. Looking through the cast I was worried that the director was relying on the ensemble of heavyweight actors to carry the film, but dialogue and story-wise, The Italian Job wasn't bad at all. There's a lot of unnecessary filler scenes in the middle third, and the director/editor could have easily cut out a good ten-fifteen minutes. As pointed out by a few users, Edward Norton is fairly disappointing as the film's villain among villains, and I would've preferred to see him cast as the lead man. That being said, Mark Wahlberg does a surprisingly good job, not overplaying the role. The supporting cast, particularly Mos Def and Jason Statham, lend some comic relief and and give an all-round solid performance. There's a heap of implausible moments in The Italian Job, so much so that I was scoffing at times at the ludicrousness of it all, but it's to be expected from a high-adrenaline action film. Expand
  32. Dec 27, 2011
    great movie very well done it seems they really took a lot of time putting this movie together.great cast Mark Wahlberg is a great actor.The scene where they created a traffic jam was great. really liked this movie lots of good action very entertaining.Would watch it with a good beer.
  33. Oct 17, 2013
    Certainly an entertaining heist film that fulfills all of its purposes. It intrigues the viewer, it gets you to root for the good guys and against the bad guy, and you are left amazed at how crafty these guys really are as they get what they want. The cast was really good; Wahlberg, Theron, and Norton, all turned in good performances as expected. Overall, it's certainly a movie I'dCertainly an entertaining heist film that fulfills all of its purposes. It intrigues the viewer, it gets you to root for the good guys and against the bad guy, and you are left amazed at how crafty these guys really are as they get what they want. The cast was really good; Wahlberg, Theron, and Norton, all turned in good performances as expected. Overall, it's certainly a movie I'd recommend to people as there's not much wrong with it. Expand
  34. Nov 19, 2012
    It's a first-rate action thriller.
  35. Jun 11, 2013
    Heist movies at their best, I saw the Italian Job a few years back and I remember loving it, then I noticed that it was playing on Showtime, so I recorded it, and watched it, and it just gets more and more awesome every time I watch it. I just love a good heist movie, doesn't everyone? Its smart, funny, interesting, engrossing, and bad ass. The movie was very well acted, but one guy stoleHeist movies at their best, I saw the Italian Job a few years back and I remember loving it, then I noticed that it was playing on Showtime, so I recorded it, and watched it, and it just gets more and more awesome every time I watch it. I just love a good heist movie, doesn't everyone? Its smart, funny, interesting, engrossing, and bad ass. The movie was very well acted, but one guy stole the show as the funniest character in the movie and that's Seth Greens character, he was funny, he had witty dialogue, an awesome back story that added realism to his character. But everyone else is awesome too. If you like realistic heist movies, you will like this movie. And if you don't like heist movies in general, you may like it but you won't love it. Expand

1. An elaborate techno-heist thriller, The Italian Job features some spectacular chase scenes, but for a change, the people doing the chasing are also worth watching.
  2. Feels a like smooth, exciting whoosh down a ski slope.
    The chase scenes in The Italian Job are the most exciting ones I can remember seeing in a movie in a long time, probably because they're the only ones I can remember -- and that's saying something.