Roadside Attractions | Release Date: April 16, 2010
6.7
Generally favorable reviews based on 38 Ratings
WATCH NOW
dev92Aug 24, 2012
This was a surprisingly enjoyable film. I had never heard of the film before I saw it on TV but the premise intrigued me so I took a chance. Mulder acted extremely well, Amber Heard probably gave her best performance and as per usual GaryThis was a surprisingly enjoyable film. I had never heard of the film before I saw it on TV but the premise intrigued me so I took a chance. Mulder acted extremely well, Amber Heard probably gave her best performance and as per usual Gary Cole was phenomenal. The storyline was fantastic and had it been paced ever so slightly quicker I think I would have given this a 9. I felt it waned ever so slightly in the middle. Still, more than worth a view and I would definitely recommend it! Expand
DarrenYApr 18, 2010
So on the one hand, it had somewhat one-dimensional characters, and there's a point in the movie where I felt that the plot became predictable. But on the other hand, I thought that the satire in this movie was so sharp and biting that So on the one hand, it had somewhat one-dimensional characters, and there's a point in the movie where I felt that the plot became predictable. But on the other hand, I thought that the satire in this movie was so sharp and biting that I'll be remembering the message of this movie for a long time. I really enjoyed the meta-commentary inherent in the concept of the movie. And I can see that Hollywood would be afraid of further characterization (I would have enjoyed perhaps another hour of exploring the different facets of the main characters) at the risk of turning away mainstream viewers more interested in a popcorn flick than a deep movie. Summary: If you enjoyed the Truman Show, and Thank You For Smoking, I bet you'll enjoy this (admittedly flawed) parable of modern consumerism. Expand
0 of 0 users found this helpful
LeoTs3181983Apr 16, 2011
If you liked Last Chance Harvey,you'll love The Joneses. It has that same dramdy touch that Last Chance Harvey does. It's one of Demi Moore's best movies. Don't miss it.
CherylOct 13, 2010
Unexpectedly good. Somewhat predictable, but interesting. Definitely a thought provoking look at our need to 'keep up with the joneses'. I agree with 'Darren Y' 'somewhat one-dimensional characters', but overall more than worth my $1.00 at Redbox.
smiyamotApr 29, 2016
Well, the good looking neighbors with the expensive toys, how do they do it? This movie provides one possible answer to that question. And since we're trying to keep up with the Kardashians, there might be more truth to this movie than we imagine.