7.9

1. MajidB.
    Aug 29, 2005
    Takes you on amazing journey and delivers with a touching epic story. For a film of this magnitude to be Kayvan's first big screen is profoundly astonishing.
  2. ClaireA.
    Jul 18, 2005
    A great movie!! Everyone should see it.
  3. EimanZ.
    Aug 30, 2005
    A very well made movie. I commend Mr. Mashayekh and his moviemakers for creating such a well made movie. For a director's first film, this was impressive. I hope there will be more to come.
  4. DaryaT.
    Sep 10, 2005
    At the beginning I just followed my friends to support the independent film industry. After I watched it for the first time, I felt in love with the movie. I am a detail oriented person and love to watch movies, which keeps you busy to catch very small details and Kayvan packed it with so many details. After the show he added much more details to it by explaining about the cast and all At the beginning I just followed my friends to support the independent film industry. After I watched it for the first time, I felt in love with the movie. I am a detail oriented person and love to watch movies, which keeps you busy to catch very small details and Kayvan packed it with so many details. After the show he added much more details to it by explaining about the cast and all the background thoughts, actions, struggles. This made me to go back twice to see the movie. For a film without Hollywood support, it was amazing to see such a perfection. To me Kayvan is a very talented young director and soon he will be very successful in his profession. I have a great respect for the people who are fighting for their passion! Thanks Kayvan & Co. You will have always my support! Expand
  5. GlennJ.
    Nov 13, 2005
    For every parent who wants their child to know that our civilization was helped through the brilliance of others. For every teacher who wants their students to learn to respect other cultures.
  6. Judy
    Jul 31, 2005
    This is what we think of as the triumph of the American entrepreneurial spirit. Strength, persistence, passion in the effort all show.
  7. GloriaH.
    Aug 21, 2005
    The visual beauty of the costumes and the settings alone would be enough to make it well worth seeing. The film has an authentic feeling and true to life intimacy of the family scenes. I say Bravo!

Though the story hardly lacks for event as it traces Khayyam's ascension from the peasantry to the royal court, the period costumes and sets look to be on loan from Medieval Times, as do most of the actors, and the boxy, harshly lit compositions make everything feel even more cardboard.
    There is nothing extraordinary about the filmmaking, but Mashayekh's old-fashioned commitment to his and co-writer Belle Avery's story creates an overall satisfying experience.
  3. Rough around the edges, it's still a formidable movie.