6.1

1. Mar 23, 2011
    As I key this the score for this fine movie is 56....can you believe it. I guess it just shows that the smart among us don't write reviews. Good script, tight action, fine acting by foreign actors and a compelling ending make this one of the best action/drama made. Granted the story is balanced and thus fails to present the Red, White and Blue as all good, all knowing, but the balanceAs I key this the score for this fine movie is 56....can you believe it. I guess it just shows that the smart among us don't write reviews. Good script, tight action, fine acting by foreign actors and a compelling ending make this one of the best action/drama made. Granted the story is balanced and thus fails to present the Red, White and Blue as all good, all knowing, but the balance of the tale is outstanding and is clearly superior to any other movie of this general type. Name one that you think is comparable, then ask how layered the plot is in your assumed favorite. Here we start with a massive bombing and move into cultural relationships, a clever cop/buddy movie, great action, and a story that makes sense almost all of the way. Good flick. Expand

Overall, the film is smart and engaging, and if it plays a little on our fears of the next big terrorist attack, it does so without feeling exploitative.
    Matthew Michael Carnahan's caffeinated script isn't much concerned with balance, but it gets some anyway, from the resonant images of culture clash that Berg catches on the fly and a remarkable performance from Ashraf Barhom.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Berg's movie is no more than an action movie with an exotic backdrop. That would be fine, if only the movie were more exciting. It succeeds neither as a pointed political commentary nor as a taut thriller.