The Last Airbender

2.6

1. Oct 16, 2011
    "The Last Airbender", a movie based on the famous TV series for kids, is just simply terrible. The story doesn't make any sense and is chopped into crude pieces. The acting and special effects are terribly illustrated like coloring black ink over a well-done portrait of someone. Man, all I can conclude is RAZZIE BUZZ!!
  2. Jul 21, 2012
    The Last Airbender is all eye candy and has no heart like the Nickelodeon cartoon it is based upon. The only thing really going for is the somewhat decent visual effects used for the action and bending effects. Other than that, the story is dull, the dialogue is uninspiring, and the acting is utterly atrocious. If the visual effects were not decent, this film could have been a lot worse.The Last Airbender is all eye candy and has no heart like the Nickelodeon cartoon it is based upon. The only thing really going for is the somewhat decent visual effects used for the action and bending effects. Other than that, the story is dull, the dialogue is uninspiring, and the acting is utterly atrocious. If the visual effects were not decent, this film could have been a lot worse. This is by far the worst film M. Night Shyamalan has ever made. Expand
  3. Nov 19, 2010
    I like watching the series on Nickelodeon but this movie was just so boring and I know it wasn't to long but it felt like it. I hope that if they make a sequel is better than the first one.
  4. Dec 11, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After watching this movie i can now say that M. night shama-whatever should quit making movies. it is truly that awful. I'm a huge fan of the avatar series, and before watching it i knew it would be bad, but what i didn't think it would be this bad. for one thing they misrepresented the intentions of the fire nation when they started the war. the Kioshi warriors were completely absent from the movie. none of the character really felt like they should, they included the blue spirit (a character established in the third book), and the fire benders couldn't make fire from their chi like they could in the cartoon. instead they had to bend an existing flame. for the normal viewer who wouldn't care abut these or notice, the movie still has horrible pacing and dialog, the original series had wonderful and very natural dialog but the movies dialog is awkward and poorly paced. the acting was also awe full because half the time the actors seemed uninterested and the rest of the time they were just standing awkwardly. especially the fire bender soldiers, they would just stand around awkwardly attacking the air until it was their turn to get there butt kicked by one of the protagonists. so if your a fan don't expect any sort of fan fair, or general accuracy. if you have never watched the show then you may sightly enjoy the movie however even if it was disconnected from the Avatar franchise, its still not a good movie. in all if you think you might be interested in the Avatar series go rent the DVD's. Expand
  5. Dec 25, 2013
    None of the movie made any sense and lack everything that made the tv series special. It even pronounced the names wrong (Ang was pronounced "Ung" and Saka was pronounced "Soaka"). In a nutshell, I want it to be eradicated from the face of the earth!
  6. Sep 10, 2014
    Maybe the biggest rape of source material in movie history. The charm, heart and soul of the original is lost. The well written characters are gone. Only the names of the characters are well transferred. The story is compressed and soulless. It takes a lot of effort to destroy such good sourch material.
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great TV show one of the best cartoons I have ever seen. This movie is terrible. Fans of the show will hate the film. The movie rushes through the plot only featuring the beginning and finale of the show and one or two moments in between. The acting is terrible with a lot of bad actors and underdeveloped characters that are nothing like those from the show.Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great TV show one of the best cartoons I have ever seen. This movie is terrible. Fans of the show will hate the film. The movie rushes through the plot only featuring the beginning and finale of the show and one or two moments in between. The acting is terrible with a lot of bad actors and underdeveloped characters that are nothing like those from the show. Additionally, various character names are mispronounced, which is insulting to the fans of the show. The effects and action are decent at times but for the most part it looks stupid. Even if you don’t watch the show you will dislike this movie. There is no substance in terms of story or characters. If you haven’t seen the show this movie will confuse you because you will not understand what you just watched and why this show is popular. If you haven’t seen the movie yet avoid it at all costs. This is an awful movie with almost nothing good about. The show offers nothing in terms of characters and story, which will piss off die hard fans and confuse non-viewers. This movie is garbage and I am grateful that the other two season were not given movies. Expand
  8. Sep 11, 2010
    I'm an idiot. Getting fooled in because I am such a fan of the cartoon. This is one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Alienating, boring, effortless and lifeless which by any means never do any justice to the cartoon show. The acting and dialogue is horrendous, the editing is awkward, the characters are boring, being badly written, the script is pathetic and the plot isI'm an idiot. Getting fooled in because I am such a fan of the cartoon. This is one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. Alienating, boring, effortless and lifeless which by any means never do any justice to the cartoon show. The acting and dialogue is horrendous, the editing is awkward, the characters are boring, being badly written, the script is pathetic and the plot is completely rushed. Avoid it. It sucks. Expand
  9. Nov 22, 2010
    I guess you cant expect anything less from M Night Shayamalan, whos movies continue to get even worse as his carreer moves along. I dont think that he should quit the movie biz, i just think he should stop writting and directing movies peroid!
  10. Nov 18, 2010
    Wrong score on first review oops
    Wrong score on first review oops
    If you are unfamiliar with the movies source material, the Animate series of a similar name this movie will have little to offer you ; If you are familliar or even a fan however, it will have plenty to offer, unfortunately all of it's offerings are bad. First off, I do want to give an honorable acknowledgement to the special effects in the move as well as trying to stay somewhat close to the story, one can understand that sacrifices have to be made to take a full season of a series into a one sitting movie timeframe. What kills the movie however is the acting, Bad diologue bad choreography, just about every name is mispronounced which to an extent is understandable perhaps if the source is either in a foreign language or a book but not if the source is in the movies originating language and has already established such things. Also the story is very shallow and some scenes such as a segment where the main character and their friend are practicing water bending stances (based off of tai chi) you can tell that they are supposed to be in sync with each other but are fare from it. All in all, at best this movie could be accepted as a very well done fan movie done by a third party with some of the best special effects programs available to the public, but when one considers that this is published and backed by major production companies, all of this films shortcomings are unacceptable. I find it to be hard to believe that this movie can leave a positive impression on any viewer, fan or not
  11. Nov 19, 2010
    Do they hire people to give this movie a score of above 0? I thought Dragonball Evolution was brutal, but its actually not that bad compared to this POS.
  12. Nov 22, 2010
    It is really depressing that something like this could have come out of such enjoyable source material. There is good intent, but that is about it. Save yourself some time and watch that.
  13. Nov 26, 2010
    Wow M. Night really messed up on this one. I saw no parts similar to the series in the movie. Oh and that wall of water was like the worlds biggest psych out! Hope they don't do book two.
  14. Feb 28, 2011
    TNot only considered the worst adaptation of a cartoon series, b ut also the worst martial arts film ever. Not only is it a butchering for fans but also non-fans will find not only everything wrong but also a poo man's recap of the first season. The dialogue is dumb, the acting is unwhelming, the 3D is a joke. Not to mention that its getting a sequel of a planned trilogy.
  15. Nov 29, 2010
    While I respect M. Shyamalan's talents, I've got to say this is the worst film of 2010 (I bet nothing will top it). It will win the Razzie Awards, but its box office is so huge that they are going to make a sequel! No need for a big review. While the effects are quite good, I hated the acting and everything else about it. This is just like a Disney TV show with good effects. It is nowhereWhile I respect M. Shyamalan's talents, I've got to say this is the worst film of 2010 (I bet nothing will top it). It will win the Razzie Awards, but its box office is so huge that they are going to make a sequel! No need for a big review. While the effects are quite good, I hated the acting and everything else about it. This is just like a Disney TV show with good effects. It is nowhere good enough to be in the big screen, yet people still come to check it out. The Last Airbender is by the far worst film of the decade and M. Shyamalan is the worst director of the decade for creating this film. Expand
  16. Dec 13, 2010
    Has M. Night Shyamalan done it again? No, no he hasn't. Or actually if I look at it from a different point of view, maybe I can say that he has done it again. Based off of his last few movies, which were huge disappointments, The Last Airbender certainly followed suit. With a spectacular trailer and a well-written cartoon series to back it up, it was sad to see that the great storyteller,Has M. Night Shyamalan done it again? No, no he hasn't. Or actually if I look at it from a different point of view, maybe I can say that he has done it again. Based off of his last few movies, which were huge disappointments, The Last Airbender certainly followed suit. With a spectacular trailer and a well-written cartoon series to back it up, it was sad to see that the great storyteller, Shyamalan, did a horrible job at telling the story of The Last Airbender.

Read full review at FlicksWorthWatching.com
  17. Dec 4, 2010
    Wow, poor acting, worse dialogue just an overall terrible film. The movie had a TON of potential, yet it lacked just about anything to make it worthy outside of it's concept. Whoever casted and wrote the dialogue in the film should be shot. They made Hayden Christianson(Anakin Skywalker) look smooth in speech.
  18. Jan 26, 2011
    The Last Airbender, thanks to its horrendous screenplay and dialogue, horrible special effects, 3D that is just as bad as Clash of the Titans, bad acting, and horrible fan service, it is one of the worst movies of the year! It is also the worst movie of the decade so far. Even if you are a fan of the Nick show, skip this movie and you will not regret it!
  19. Mar 15, 2011
    With an incomprehensible plot, laughable dialog, poor actors, and flat action sequences, The Last Airbender is a mockery of the original cult TV series and one of the worst blockbusters of 2010.
  20. Jul 26, 2011
    Okay, how do I put this........THIS IS ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES EVER!!!! Don't watch this. This is a disgrace to the TV show. The special effects are great, but the dialouge is laughable and the acting is wooden. Do NOT watch this. I hope Noah Ringer is better in Cowboys vs Aliens than he was in this. People often ask, "What went wrong" about this movie. A better question is: What DIDN'T go wrong?
  21. Oct 8, 2013
    This is what you get for cramming an entire season's worth of story into a film that isn't even 2 hours long. The plot is terrible, The acting is pathetic, and the special effects are very weak. Easily one of the top 10 worst films of all time.
  22. May 31, 2013
    M. Night probably never watched the animated show 'cause this film is just a complete disaster! First of all, they pronounced almost every character's name wrong, the story is up, the characters themselves aren't even correct, and the special water, earth, wind, and fire effects (which are very cool) don't seem right! I never minded M. Night's films, but this was just completelyM. Night probably never watched the animated show 'cause this film is just a complete disaster! First of all, they pronounced almost every character's name wrong, the story is up, the characters themselves aren't even correct, and the special water, earth, wind, and fire effects (which are very cool) don't seem right! I never minded M. Night's films, but this was just completely unacceptable! I had enough of his movies, you know what... F**K YOU NIGHT!!! Expand
  23. Nov 14, 2013
    I saw the midnight showing with a group or hardcore friends and fellow fans. The audience was actually laughing throughout that movie at just how bad it was. The only thing that this film has going for it, is the special effects. Thats it. Its bad. Stay away.
  24. Dec 27, 2013
    An absolutely terrible movie, The Last Airbender takes the first season of a decent kids show and makes it into a mess of horrible acting and confusing plot that makes the movie completely unlikeable by newbies and more than disappointing for fans of the series, having watched it with the former and been the latter. However, the saddest part of this film might be that it takes itself soAn absolutely terrible movie, The Last Airbender takes the first season of a decent kids show and makes it into a mess of horrible acting and confusing plot that makes the movie completely unlikeable by newbies and more than disappointing for fans of the series, having watched it with the former and been the latter. However, the saddest part of this film might be that it takes itself so seriously. In the end, it deserves ever Razzie it got. Expand
  25. Jan 17, 2015
    Alright, time to cut loose. Swearing and insults ahead, so... ye be warned. This is the biggest sack of sh*t I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. The effects would have hardly been passable in 2005, the characters are generic white kids who can't act to save their lives, there is no development whatsoever, the action scenes are atrociously dull and sometimes downright stupid, theAlright, time to cut loose. Swearing and insults ahead, so... ye be warned. This is the biggest sack of sh*t I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. The effects would have hardly been passable in 2005, the characters are generic white kids who can't act to save their lives, there is no development whatsoever, the action scenes are atrociously dull and sometimes downright stupid, the dialog is truly awful (Seriously, two of the three main characters' names are horribly mispronounced), the pacing is completely off and the plot incoherent on almost every level, and fans of the series, including myself, will feel insulted after watching this crapfest. This is, in my honest opinion, the worst film ever made. Expand
  26. Oct 16, 2014
    The Last Airbender is one of the worst films ever and definitively the worst film directed by M.Night Shyamalan, as a massive fan of the show i was extremely disappointed in this film, converting the first season that lasts 470mins into 103mins is atrocious, there's a lot of key elements and i mean a lot of key elements missing, the casting and acting are probably the worst part about theThe Last Airbender is one of the worst films ever and definitively the worst film directed by M.Night Shyamalan, as a massive fan of the show i was extremely disappointed in this film, converting the first season that lasts 470mins into 103mins is atrocious, there's a lot of key elements and i mean a lot of key elements missing, the casting and acting are probably the worst part about the film and isn't even backed up by the special effects which are horrible, specially when 160 million (inflated) dollars went into this film and it still didn't deliver anything to enjoy, this movie is a disappointment to fans and film making. i'll definitively give this a 0. Expand
  27. Nov 28, 2015
    This movie is so bad, that it's... bad. There is literally nothing I can enjoy about this movie. It had horrible special effects and cringe-worthy acting. It's a real letdown after the fantastic show.
  28. Dec 28, 2015
    Sometimes, there are moments where movies are watchable... and then there are those that are decent as ever... and then there are those that makes you wonder why were you even in the theaters seeing it. This is one of them.
  29. EJ
    Jul 3, 2010
    I am 17 years old and i loved the avatar series and my opinion of this movie is comming from a fan of the show's point of view; being that I am a part of the teenage demographic that this movie was targeting, I think I can speak for most airbender fans. this was by far the biggest disaster of a movie I have seen since Dragon Ball came out. I guess the best way to write this review is I am 17 years old and i loved the avatar series and my opinion of this movie is comming from a fan of the show's point of view; being that I am a part of the teenage demographic that this movie was targeting, I think I can speak for most airbender fans. this was by far the biggest disaster of a movie I have seen since Dragon Ball came out. I guess the best way to write this review is by the rating scale provided by yahoo: story, acting, direction, visuals, and overall. Story: I have got to give them credit for trying to stick to the series's storyline, but they made a massive fail in execution. The movie tried way too hard to reenact each episode and fit it into a movie that's under 2 hours long. also, the fire benders couldn't bend fire out of the air (all but one) which was EXTREMELY disappointing and i didnt understand why they chose to make that change. Acting: As for the acting of the movie, it was horrendous: everyone in the film either over-acted the whole time or didn't act it out enough to make me feel attached to the characters. when there was tragedy going on I either felt like "what?" or "so, I've only seen you in like 3 minutes of screen time. who cares if your not around anymore." in other words, I never got attached to the characters like i usually do in good films. some of the dramatic moments were actually more humorous than sad. Direction: the direction of this movie was EVERYWHERE! I watched all of the episodes from the cartoon since it came out when i was about 14 years old so i know all about what they talked about in the movie with no explanation necessary, but for anyone that was new to the airbender storyline would have no idea what was going on after about 1/3 of the way through. they mentioned very important things from the series that play a major part in the story very quickly with little or no explanation IE: the "hidden library" was HUGE in the series and definitely required more talking than it was given in the movie, the spirit world left you feeling confused about what was going on, and alot more that im not even going to get into. Visuals: the bending in the movie really left you wanting more (not in a good way), it was super disappointing and did not look very fun to watch. the bending looked more like a dance with no elemental outcome than bending. im not too concerned with "the scar" that everyone in getting all worked up about, because if someone had a burn wound like he did in real life it would look very similar to what we saw in the film. anyway, i wish they had put more effort out on the bending factor and not chose to skip or shorten fight scenes by merely "scaring" away the bad guys (you'll understand if you dare to watch this movie). Overall: the movie was overall a cop-out of a film. i guarantee that the fans would have loved to wait a little longer for the films release if they would have gotten a better job on just about everything in the movie. I'd like to end this review on a good note and that note is..... (drum role) the trailers were pretty sweet looking, just watch them and bask in the mystery of not watching the film. trust me, it'll be better if you not know what it actually looks like, just use those images to visualize what it looks like and you will have a better time thinking about it, i did. Expand
  30. ChrisA
    Jul 3, 2010
    One of the worst movies I've seen. The effects were off (and by off i mean not timed right at all) the actors were cardboard cutouts and had NO comedy (like the series does) at all. The plot had soo many holes and scenes missing. Overall one of the worst movies I've seen.
  31. Jan 6, 2014
    Um dos filmes trágicos do cinema
  32. Jan 21, 2016
    What Last Airbender movie?
    (If you're asking why I don't know there was a Last Airbender movie, it's because I know there WASN'T a Last Airbender movie, if you catch my drift...)
    WHAT LAST AIRBENDER MOVIE???
  33. Kenny
    Jul 3, 2010
    The movie's effects were awesome, but everything else could have been better. The characters' dialogue was very awkward and lacking that certain feel. I watched some of the cartoon episodes and Aang's character was portrayed differently in the film. Aang, as I recall, was quite carefree and had fun in the cartoon. In the film, however, Aang is very serious and I don't The movie's effects were awesome, but everything else could have been better. The characters' dialogue was very awkward and lacking that certain feel. I watched some of the cartoon episodes and Aang's character was portrayed differently in the film. Aang, as I recall, was quite carefree and had fun in the cartoon. In the film, however, Aang is very serious and I don't think he smiled once throughout the film. The story did not have good transitions. I mean I could follow what is occurring, but again it could have been better. I was very bored during the film probably because I did not really care for the characters. My friend who had wanted to see the film fell asleep and so did the person sitting on my other side in theaters. Again, the only parts of the film I enjoyed was the effects. Expand
  34. DaveC
    Jul 6, 2010
    I have to hand it to M. Night, he is THE most consistent director in Hollywood... Every film he makes is consistently worse then the last! Check out all his movies on metacritic: 64, 62, 59, 44, 36, 34, 20... in that order!
  35. AmandaM.
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whatever thread of similarity this movie had with the wonderful cartoon series I had fallen in love with was broken by stilted dialogue, incomprehensible storyline, and useless graphics. Don't watch this. It will break a fan's heart, and it will only confuse the uninitiated.
  36. CranstonP.
    Jul 2, 2010
    M. Night has taken one of the best story lines and ruined it. Mispronouncing names, choosing kids who CAN'T act, and failing to develop the characters, has proven that he no longer knows what he is doing. Unless you have seen the series, you will have no idea what is going on. I have seen the series and I spent the entire movie filling in the gaps in my head. Someone else needs to M. Night has taken one of the best story lines and ruined it. Mispronouncing names, choosing kids who CAN'T act, and failing to develop the characters, has proven that he no longer knows what he is doing. Unless you have seen the series, you will have no idea what is going on. I have seen the series and I spent the entire movie filling in the gaps in my head. Someone else needs to take this project over and remake the first one. Poor form M. Night. Expand
  37. Aug 16, 2010
    It seems like this film might end up as the next Battlefield Earth. Battlefield Earth, which was released at the beginning of the last decade, went on to be the worst film of that decade. The Last Airbender, which was released at the beginning of this decade, WILL be the worst film of the decade.
  38. Oct 18, 2010
    The only reason this movie gets a 2 is because of the speical effects. It doesn't show the good and evil in Zuko, it has poor acting, to many movements before any bending is done (you could get smacked in the face before ang can use any air attacks) and how can Indians be portrayed as the bad guys ? Indians are not evil enough, nor strong. Bad casting, bad scripting and bad acting withThe only reason this movie gets a 2 is because of the speical effects. It doesn't show the good and evil in Zuko, it has poor acting, to many movements before any bending is done (you could get smacked in the face before ang can use any air attacks) and how can Indians be portrayed as the bad guys ? Indians are not evil enough, nor strong. Bad casting, bad scripting and bad acting with good speical effect doesn't make for a good movie Expand
  39. Oct 9, 2010
    "Last Airbender was such a rushed messed , it goes to quickly tho the action scenes were pretty neat , it could not save , these terrible performances , Awful script , and Laughable Dialogue ,One of the worst films released this year" .. F
  40. Oct 11, 2010
    Great visuals. Decent Story. Horrible dialogue! I would say take the risk just to see the visuals and be submerged in this world but I can't just because the dialogue (and maybe the acting?) is just that bad. There's no justification for the horrible dialogue given how clever, witty, and funny the animated series is. So disappointed.
  41. DavidN.
    Jul 2, 2010
    Felt like the Dragon Ball Z movie, remixed with modern effects.
  42. Aug 26, 2010
    "The Last Airbender" places an almost unprecedented burden on fanboys and casual moviegoers alike to ignore its terrible acting and dialogue, its simultaneously forced and incomprehensible plot, its horrendous editing and camerawork, and its dull and uninteresting characters in order to enjoy this would-be epic. Good luck, and may this be the last movie that M. Night Shyamalan ever makes.
  43. Sep 6, 2010
    I went to see this movie with my friends and it was completely different than any of our expectations. The character's dialog was really wierd and the only good part of the movie were the effects. The story was very boring and was not worth the $12
  44. Aug 30, 2010
    Shyamalan tries to gain an audience with a movie that is off of an already successful story. But this doesnt do the show justice at all. As a huge, and I mean huge, fan of the series, this was a big let down. But I'll use the pros and cons method to express my feelings. Pros: Action, Effects. Cons: Laughable Dialogue, Bad Acting (for the most part, Dev Patel did great), Name Changes, TakesShyamalan tries to gain an audience with a movie that is off of an already successful story. But this doesnt do the show justice at all. As a huge, and I mean huge, fan of the series, this was a big let down. But I'll use the pros and cons method to express my feelings. Pros: Action, Effects. Cons: Laughable Dialogue, Bad Acting (for the most part, Dev Patel did great), Name Changes, Takes itself way too seriously (they're kids, why aren't they having fun? no comedic relief?), Jasper ruined my favorite character of the series. and what gets me angry is that people will think the series is bad. It is not. so overrall, this movie is bad. and it's hard that it's from the guy who directed and wrote The Sixth Sense. Expand
  45. Aug 31, 2010
    Good intentions, BAD results. As everybody knows, every movie based on a video-game (Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, etc) or animated series (Dragon Ball: Evolution, The Last Airbender, etc) is a total waste of money. Personally, I'd prefer the crappy animated 3D versions than the Live-action movies.

The collapse of the M. Night Shyamalan project called "The Last Airbender" was

The collapse of the M. Night Shyamalan project called "The Last Airbender" was previewed since the movie trailers. And be honest, if you'll make a movie based in an awarded cartoon like Avatar: The Legend of Aang, the very first thing to do (as an advice) is to respect the originality of the series, books or video games that you're planning to make. Mr. Shyamalan is a good director but he needs co-work with the nickelodeon producers or a bunch of fans of this animated series.

Greetings.
  46. Nov 19, 2010
    Such an amazing series that has been denigrated into such an overblown poorly directly heap of rubbish. I just hope that the creators of the original Avatar series (Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko) never watch this as it would make me cry seeing something that was so great be destroyed by frankly, a pretty crappy film maker. Watch at your own peril as it will make you want toSuch an amazing series that has been denigrated into such an overblown poorly directly heap of rubbish. I just hope that the creators of the original Avatar series (Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko) never watch this as it would make me cry seeing something that was so great be destroyed by frankly, a pretty crappy film maker. Watch at your own peril as it will make you want to scream, not with delight and joy, but pure pain and frustration! Expand
  47. Oct 2, 2010
    I feel sad when I read that M. Night actually has children and they watched the series together. He has just managed to destroy the series with a single blow.
  48. Oct 12, 2010
    This movie is so horrible that it considered a bad movie! The Last Airbender is hateful movie that the Avatar fans will discover that this pile of diarhea will be hated this movie and it;s nothing based on the hit series on Nickelodeon,it's almost as bad as Dragonball Evolution! I'M NOT KIDDING! The cast was so bad,they even have a laughable dialogue and they sorted suck when they speakThis movie is so horrible that it considered a bad movie! The Last Airbender is hateful movie that the Avatar fans will discover that this pile of diarhea will be hated this movie and it;s nothing based on the hit series on Nickelodeon,it's almost as bad as Dragonball Evolution! I'M NOT KIDDING! The cast was so bad,they even have a laughable dialogue and they sorted suck when they speak like Jake Loyd in Star Wars,Episode I. The characters are again NOT so suppose to be white,it's suppose to be asain!The story is horrendous and the visual effects looks good,but where's the movie lead to you for any bad dialogue what they said. The fight scenes are ripping off in any movies like The Matrix,Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon,and many more martial arts films that they put on and I'm so shame that M. Night Shyamalan did this movie so bad that it's even more bad like The Happening! What go wrong about this movie,even children will discover that they like,but please I guess this movie wouldn't get any good like this. Expand
  49. Oct 3, 2010
    I believe Shyamalan should stop doing films, the acting was something more than bad and the dialogs is not meant for peoples brain, I'm starting believe the sixth sense is not he's film
  50. YoungH.
    Horrible directing.
  51. James
    Jul 3, 2010
    I typically trust Ebert, Travers, and others here who awarded this film such scathing reviews. But for some reason I still felt the need to see this movie, thinking that these critics were sometimes subject to harsh overstatement. Unfortunately, this movie was unfathomably bad, and one of the worst films I've seen since 10,000 BC. Do not waste your money on this. The more who do, the I typically trust Ebert, Travers, and others here who awarded this film such scathing reviews. But for some reason I still felt the need to see this movie, thinking that these critics were sometimes subject to harsh overstatement. Unfortunately, this movie was unfathomably bad, and one of the worst films I've seen since 10,000 BC. Do not waste your money on this. The more who do, the more likely it is that the studio will let him make a follow-up, and that is something that nobody wants. Expand
  52. JazzH
    Jul 4, 2010
    M. Night is best at original not putting his artistic spin on an adaption. He white-washed the whole cast not one other leading actors were Asian. Why was Dev Pevel casted let alone considered he doesn't look nothing like prince zuko and didn't attempt to what happen to the hair cut what happen to the burn over his eye. If they do still make chapter two in to a movie I hope M. Night is best at original not putting his artistic spin on an adaption. He white-washed the whole cast not one other leading actors were Asian. Why was Dev Pevel casted let alone considered he doesn't look nothing like prince zuko and didn't attempt to what happen to the hair cut what happen to the burn over his eye. If they do still make chapter two in to a movie I hope it's re-casted w/ possibly with a new director otherwise it's already lost me as a fan! Expand
  53. terryg
    Jul 4, 2010
    Needless to say, as a fan of the cartoon, I was deeply disappointed. The movie felt rushed & peiced together,there was no character development, the dialouge was horrible, and the acting was literally laughable. I do not understand how M.Knight can take something that was handed to him a a silver platter and mess it up so badly. There is just no reason for this.
  54. CharlesR
    Jul 4, 2010
    everything fun or heartwarming or joyful was bleached, wrung, beaten on a rock and then hung out in the breeze. And then it rained and a volcano erupted and all the ash stuck on. This is the in-flight movie they play on that handbasket to Hell.
  55. Paul
    Jul 1, 2010
    Wow, after seeing this film, "Jonah Hex" is like a work of art in comparison. $10 says this wins the worst movie award at the Golden Razzies this year. They can retitle the film "The Last Movie M. Knight Will Ever be Allowed to Make.".
  56. MarissaL.
    Jul 2, 2010
    This movie was a travesty in comparison with the original animated series. Endless streams of exposition (sometimes repeated again in a "voice-over flashback"), wooden, wooden dialogue, and nonexistent 3D. The movie also takes the animated series' progressive handling of gender and race issues and skewers it. Every villain in the movie is a person of color. Every heroic character This movie was a travesty in comparison with the original animated series. Endless streams of exposition (sometimes repeated again in a "voice-over flashback"), wooden, wooden dialogue, and nonexistent 3D. The movie also takes the animated series' progressive handling of gender and race issues and skewers it. Every villain in the movie is a person of color. Every heroic character with a name is white. Every person of color who does a heroic action--aside from Iroh--needs inspiration from a white character before he can take action. In the movie, a woman never gets to show herself the equal or better of a man in any act that both are capable of doing. And adding a CGI dragon and three 3D CGI dewbacks did nothing to cover the massive amounts of boring exposition, genderfail, and racefail. Expand
  57. MattK.
    Jul 2, 2010
    Your money would be better spent on highly addictive, life threatening drugs, they would do less damage to your intelligence and self-esteem. Terrible movie, and a failure in every imaginable way.
  58. MitchellV
    Jul 1, 2010
    Absolutely terrible. Did Shyamalan even watch the cartoon before writing this movie. Half of the names were mispronounced and he left out key scenes and characters from Book 1 of the cartoon. Shaun Toub and Dev Patel were the only good actors in this movie. Everyone in the theatre booed when the credits rolled. If they decide to make two more movies they are going to need a different Absolutely terrible. Did Shyamalan even watch the cartoon before writing this movie. Half of the names were mispronounced and he left out key scenes and characters from Book 1 of the cartoon. Shaun Toub and Dev Patel were the only good actors in this movie. Everyone in the theatre booed when the credits rolled. If they decide to make two more movies they are going to need a different director and a completely different cast. Expand
  59. ChadM
    Jul 1, 2010
    But the series was so good, how could this happen.
  60. Dave
    Jul 6, 2010
    Being a huge fan of the animated series on Nickelodeon, I was skeptical when I heard that that a live action movie was in the works, and it seems my skepticism was well placed. Everything I loved about the animation was missing in this film, most notably the personalities of the characters. Where the television cartoon had wonderful character, in this movie they might as well have all Being a huge fan of the animated series on Nickelodeon, I was skeptical when I heard that that a live action movie was in the works, and it seems my skepticism was well placed. Everything I loved about the animation was missing in this film, most notably the personalities of the characters. Where the television cartoon had wonderful character, in this movie they might as well have all been zombies. Horrible acting, overworked dialog and for a movie that was supposedly 3-D, only about 5% of it was visibly so. I had to keep taking off my glasses to see the diffference and honestly it was hard to tell then too... This was the first book in four if they follow the animated program. I won't bother with the other 3 films. I wish now I spent the money to check out 'The Karate Kid' instead. Expand
  61. Aug 14, 2010
    I'm being more than a little generous. The movie is the logical extreme of what movies like Avatar have wrought. Excellent aesthetics, absolutely atrocious acting. The movie is a butchering of the cartoon, with horrible, awkward dialogue, a plot consisting mostly of exposition, and flat characters with very little to like.
    The sad thing is that the cartoon is one of the best written and
    The sad thing is that the cartoon is one of the best written and intelligent children's shows in recent memory, yet it gets adapted into a horrific film. If you like the cartoon, watch it for a laugh. If you never watched the cartoon, keep this movie off your list.
  62. Sep 17, 2010
    Poor M. Night, his carrear as one of the best directors of our time is falling like a shooted duck. The Last Aribender is bad. Bad as the hopes of that duck. The acting is outrageous bad, the story is depressing awful written, the 3D is inexistent and the plot is nothing more then ridiculous. The visuals are alright thou, but tiring and inexpressive. So, save your money or if you reallyPoor M. Night, his carrear as one of the best directors of our time is falling like a shooted duck. The Last Aribender is bad. Bad as the hopes of that duck. The acting is outrageous bad, the story is depressing awful written, the 3D is inexistent and the plot is nothing more then ridiculous. The visuals are alright thou, but tiring and inexpressive. So, save your money or if you really want to give a try, go see it in 2D, doesn't make any difference. Expand
  63. Sep 10, 2010
    Right after Enemy Mine, this is second worst movie I've ever seen. Hell, this is the second worst thing I've ever seen. Film students should study this film just so they can learn what not to do. That isn't an exaggeration. I hope people in VFS and TFS study this and that way at least this movie does some good.

I can only hope that this will be the last The Last Airbender movie we ever

I can only hope that this will be the last The Last Airbender movie we ever see from M. Night.
  64. Dec 22, 2014
    From a studio dumb enough to give the directing Job to M. Night Shyamalan come a disappointing,Stupid and insulting adaptation of the Last Airbender. It's another worst cartoon adaptation that barely made all fans want to do suicide and wants to kill M.Night Shyamalan.This Movie is just plain Bad and needs to be erase in our minds forever!
  65. TylerS
    Jul 6, 2010
    Poorly written, rushed plot, horrible dialog, painful acting, amazing effects, ok fight scenes. The "benders" took way to long to get the elements moving. Watch the cartoon series and skip this disaster.
  66. Dec 17, 2011
    This film is easily one of the worst films in the decade and should never had been made by someone who works with suspense movies! I give this awful film a 2% of a good movie due to its okay visual effects.
  67. KevinM.
    Jul 2, 2010
    They pronounced all the names wrong and it was terrible.
  68. ScottM.
    Jul 2, 2010
    Incredibly frustrating and inexplicable debasement of simply wonderful source material.
  69. TooMuchRazMataz
    Jul 1, 2010
    Beyond terrible. Worse than any movie I've ever seen. This was a make or break for whether I would watch any more M. Night movies and boy did he break it. As a huge fan of the original series (I even went dressed up in a home made Water Nation costume), I am in constant disgust of what he did with this movie. When it ended, my entire theater was literally booing and screaming. When Beyond terrible. Worse than any movie I've ever seen. This was a make or break for whether I would watch any more M. Night movies and boy did he break it. As a huge fan of the original series (I even went dressed up in a home made Water Nation costume), I am in constant disgust of what he did with this movie. When it ended, my entire theater was literally booing and screaming. When Shyamalan's name came up for the end credits many profanities were yelled. By far the greatest aspect of the movie, the visuals, still weren't even THAT impressive. If I could give it below a 0, I would. Expand
  70. EM
    Jul 4, 2010
    No surprise the movie sucked given the director at the helm. What is most criminal and continues to be Hollywood's most befuddling mystery: why/how M. Night continues to get projects (to destroy). My kids were doubly disappointed, first by the movie being simply so bad, but second -- and more importantly -- their expectations were crushed given their sheer enjoyment for the animated No surprise the movie sucked given the director at the helm. What is most criminal and continues to be Hollywood's most befuddling mystery: why/how M. Night continues to get projects (to destroy). My kids were doubly disappointed, first by the movie being simply so bad, but second -- and more importantly -- their expectations were crushed given their sheer enjoyment for the animated series. They had such high hopes, and yet I kept warning them that M. Night directing was a very bad sign, he's ruined one movie after another. Daddy was right again. Expand
  71. BrianO
    Jul 5, 2010
    My 4 year old loved only as a 4 year old could. Now me as the grown-up I was highly disappointed. I knew that taking such a rich tapistry such as Avatar:The Last Airbender and adapting it for the silverscreen would be a challege. But M. Night gets a big F in writing. First he screws up the entire sub-plot of the series, which is the love story of Aang and Kateria which is one of the most My 4 year old loved only as a 4 year old could. Now me as the grown-up I was highly disappointed. I knew that taking such a rich tapistry such as Avatar:The Last Airbender and adapting it for the silverscreen would be a challege. But M. Night gets a big F in writing. First he screws up the entire sub-plot of the series, which is the love story of Aang and Kateria which is one of the most endearing parts of the series. Secondly he ignores important foreshaddowing senerios, and dismisses entire major charatcters. Did anyone else miss the Keoshi warriors or Jung Jung? Both which are important elements the later books. The relationship between Zuko, and Iroh was underdeveloped. And last but not least the timeing of important dioglouge was misplaced. On the good visually the movie (in 2D) was well done, and the costumes were correct. The biggest mistake was letting M. Night write the adaption. A well written story can keep an audience in there seats and interested for .3 or 4 hours at a time, Think of Gahndi, or Lawerance of Arabia. Unfortantely, he tried to put a Persian Miniature on a postage stamp, and failed in his effort. Should the series be continued I recommend letting the orginator write the screen adaption. Expand
  72. ColinG
    Jul 1, 2010
    Being a huge Avatar fan, I knew that M. Night would need a miracle after seeing the preview in which the main character is a 6 year old, no one else looks anything like what they did in the show, and the fire nation had been transformed into India. The actual movie followed suit, mispronouncing and misrepresenting almost everything I held dear about Avatar: The Last Airbender.
  73. KennethL
    Jul 1, 2010
    I'm personally boycotting the movie "The Last Airbender". Care to join me anyone? The reason? This morning as I search for movies to see with my kids this weekend, "The Last Airbender" seems like a good choice, but then as I see the casting of actors I'm pissed. An asian theme animated show has made into an ALL white actors movie. Hollywood happened to bypass all talented asian I'm personally boycotting the movie "The Last Airbender". Care to join me anyone? The reason? This morning as I search for movies to see with my kids this weekend, "The Last Airbender" seems like a good choice, but then as I see the casting of actors I'm pissed. An asian theme animated show has made into an ALL white actors movie. Hollywood happened to bypass all talented asian actors!!!. A racist movie. Most of you know that I'm a moive lover, so are my kids and some of you. But this "Last Airbender" has become my last gasp of Airsucker. Feel like being push over, Kenneth Expand
  74. Keegan
    Jul 1, 2010
    Production was okay. The effects were alright. But the dialog was just awful....every bit of conversation was so awkward, and poorly written! I was cringing inside whenever anyone said anything. The story felt ridiculously rushed I'm pretty sure anyone who hasn't seen the show will be incredibly lost. You do get an idea about the plot, but only through awkward, terrible, forced Production was okay. The effects were alright. But the dialog was just awful....every bit of conversation was so awkward, and poorly written! I was cringing inside whenever anyone said anything. The story felt ridiculously rushed I'm pretty sure anyone who hasn't seen the show will be incredibly lost. You do get an idea about the plot, but only through awkward, terrible, forced lines that are....just the worst. I'm rating The Last Airbender a 1, simply for the novelty of the effects and seeing "Ong," "Soaka," and the rest of the gang in live action. I WAS BETRAYED! Expand
  75. Matt
    Jul 1, 2010
    About the only positive thing I can say about the movie is that, visually, they stayed true to the original cartoon series. Otherwise, this was just a trainwreck! Bad acting, bad script, bad editing, bad fight choreography! Avoid this movie and stick with the far superior animated series!
  76. ConcernedCitizen
    Jul 1, 2010
    This movie was by far the worst thing i have seen in my life. Horrible acting. No character development. I cant even describe how distorted the story itself was. Save your money and watch the TV series. Don't even bother seeing it in 3D either if you do decide to see it.
  77. Damon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Wow, I'm giving this movie a 1 just because the special effects were good, other than that this movie was horrible. I am a huge fan of the animated series and waited a freaking year for this movie to come out and now that it finally has i wish it would have never even happened. The music was good but in the wrong parts the acting was horrible the names weren't even right, the Wow, I'm giving this movie a 1 just because the special effects were good, other than that this movie was horrible. I am a huge fan of the animated series and waited a freaking year for this movie to come out and now that it finally has i wish it would have never even happened. The music was good but in the wrong parts the acting was horrible the names weren't even right, the movie just didn't make sense and jumped from scene to scene. I should have known M.K.S would have destroyed this movie, and to top it all off it didn't even have a twist. Expand
  78. hazim
    Jul 1, 2010
    I'm so pissed with Shyamalan. How could he butcher one of the best cartoons of the past decade? There should be a restraining order against him-he can't be within 5 feet of any film studio because almost everything he does turns out to be horrendous egotistic garbage devoid of any emphasis on trying to tell a good story, just trying to tell HIS story. I mean. the series' I'm so pissed with Shyamalan. How could he butcher one of the best cartoons of the past decade? There should be a restraining order against him-he can't be within 5 feet of any film studio because almost everything he does turns out to be horrendous egotistic garbage devoid of any emphasis on trying to tell a good story, just trying to tell HIS story. I mean. the series' had amazing story telling potential, which should leave little room for messing up, from the horrible casting to the sloppy 3D....fans of the cartoon are most likely going to be super pissed. Expand
  79. KevinO
    Jul 1, 2010
    This movie was hilariously awful. Almost worth seeing just to laugh at. Almost.
  80. JeremyH.
    Just horrible.
  81. SamanthaS.
    Jul 2, 2010
    The movie was nothing like the cartoon. It left out important details and moved to fast for the viewers. For the people who never seen the cartoon will really be lost to what's going on. Also there is no reason why this should be a 3D movie, there were no special effect...M. Night Shyamalan missed the mark on this one.
  82. ParinS
    Jul 2, 2010
    Awful, and not helped by the amount of people troling. Collin M. - youz trollin. And I take my hat off to you.
  83. JennaC
    Jul 1, 2010
    This has to be the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. I have grown up with the series Avatar: The Last Airbender, and really do love it. Everything done in this movie was just wrong. They didn't even really follow their own story in some ways. Aside from murdering the show, the actors can't act. It's like watching a childrens puppet show. There were two emotions This has to be the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. I have grown up with the series Avatar: The Last Airbender, and really do love it. Everything done in this movie was just wrong. They didn't even really follow their own story in some ways. Aside from murdering the show, the actors can't act. It's like watching a childrens puppet show. There were two emotions through the whole thing... flat, and upset. If you have watched the TV series, you know that Sokka (Katara's brother) is sarcastic and funny. There was pretty much no humor. Aang is supposed to be this fun-loving kid who loves to play and mess around. None of this was there. Don't even get me started on Zuko.. Two words: no temper. I could name a million of other things that the got wrong with the characters. I would have walked out of the movie in the first half hour, but I payed for it. In conclusion, don't see this movie. It is a waste of time, money, and more time for people like me that feel like they need to warn you so they come on here and leave a review. Expand
  84. ErnestoS
    Jul 1, 2010
    The movie is an absolute mess. Confusing storyline, horrible acting and dialogue, fake cgi and incredibly boring. It talks more about action than shows. This is the worst 3d conversion I have ever seen. So dark that you can't see what's going on in the night scenes, so dark that it masks all the color. You have to take the glasses of to see what's going on. And all that for The movie is an absolute mess. Confusing storyline, horrible acting and dialogue, fake cgi and incredibly boring. It talks more about action than shows. This is the worst 3d conversion I have ever seen. So dark that you can't see what's going on in the night scenes, so dark that it masks all the color. You have to take the glasses of to see what's going on. And all that for what, to see 3d effects that hardly look 3d? This is the worst movie I have seen in 3 years, and they charge an extra fee for it. Shyamalan has sunk to an absolute low and Paramount, shame on you, for the worst 3d exploitation job ever. Expand
  85. Dec 6, 2010
    awful. he changes it from the original awesome series to this shamalayandingdong piece of #$@. stays tru to the series very few times. i hope he will not disgrace the awesome series by nmaking another piece of crap movie.
  86. Aug 14, 2010
    In my opinion, this movie is a polished turd. The polishing is the neat look. But if you polish a turd, its still a smelly turd. I can't believe how bad M. Night screwed up. He was good years ago, but now he sucks. If he just directed it and didn't write it, it would be good. But his writing really sucks! Its like a two-year old wrote it!! Im a huge fan of the show, and M.Night's writingIn my opinion, this movie is a polished turd. The polishing is the neat look. But if you polish a turd, its still a smelly turd. I can't believe how bad M. Night screwed up. He was good years ago, but now he sucks. If he just directed it and didn't write it, it would be good. But his writing really sucks! Its like a two-year old wrote it!! Im a huge fan of the show, and M.Night's writing really screwed it. First, whats with the wrong pronounciation!! Second, the writing is so rushed that they don't have room for any little millimeter of soul or heart. Finally, there's horrible acting, laughable dialouge, bad 3-D, and dissapointing action. Whether you're a fan of the show or not, skip this movie!!! Expand
  87. Nov 16, 2010
    Couldn't even sit through it. Just plain terrible. It's disappointing to me especially because the cartoon was so good. Way to ruin it. I didn't think something so bad could be made from this.
  88. Aug 11, 2010
    The Last Airbender is what you might call "a movie you must see because it was an awesome tv show" don't some people realize that most cartoon adaptations don't work? Obviously this one didn't, because of its poorly constructed plot, poor acting, and racism.
  89. Dec 3, 2010
    ive never seen the cartoon show and didnt even know about it till a year ago and still havent and after seeing this film i doubt i will ever want to. the tv show im sure is better but this film left such a bad taste for this series. well the worst thing about this film is the acting it feels like a middle school play and i feel like thats almost giving this film praise saying that. theive never seen the cartoon show and didnt even know about it till a year ago and still havent and after seeing this film i doubt i will ever want to. the tv show im sure is better but this film left such a bad taste for this series. well the worst thing about this film is the acting it feels like a middle school play and i feel like thats almost giving this film praise saying that. the worst of it is from the 3 kids whos acting is so bad in this you can bet they will never do films again and if they are lucky may appear on some crappy sci fi channel film or on life time . the plot is poorly told the charicters are about as intresting as waching grass grow . the only good thing this film has is lush back grounds and visaul effects . the fighting is laughable with every one dancing around like abunch of retards trying to hump a door knob. M night shamallamadingdong one again proves he's a **** director and some how got lucky with the 6th sense and unbreakable.. probubly because he had good actors to carry his sorry ass. evade this film like its got herpese. Expand
  90. Nov 6, 2010
    This movie could have been good, but it leaves out waaayyy too much of the story, so there was no way to develop the characters as well as the plot jumps around, plus the acting is only so-so. If they had another hour or two, they could have patched something together that made sense, and if you haven't seen the series, you'll have no clue what's going on. The kid they chose for AngThis movie could have been good, but it leaves out waaayyy too much of the story, so there was no way to develop the characters as well as the plot jumps around, plus the acting is only so-so. If they had another hour or two, they could have patched something together that made sense, and if you haven't seen the series, you'll have no clue what's going on. The kid they chose for Ang wasn't bad, though, and the special effects were pretty decent. If you've watched the cartoon series and you're a fan, you're better off skipping this. I take that back - it's probably a good idea for everyone to skip this! Expand
  91. LisaZ.
    Jul 1, 2010
    This is the worst adaptation of the wonderful film series I have EVER seen. They changed the names, the storyline (completely) and the acting is horrible! Don't see this movie! We cannot support this atrocious adaptation. Every thing is choppy, nothing makes sense, it assumes you have already seen the series. Don't watch. Trust me, if I ate popcorn during the movie, I This is the worst adaptation of the wonderful film series I have EVER seen. They changed the names, the storyline (completely) and the acting is horrible! Don't see this movie! We cannot support this atrocious adaptation. Every thing is choppy, nothing makes sense, it assumes you have already seen the series. Don't watch. Trust me, if I ate popcorn during the movie, I would've thrown up. Expand
  92. KC
    Jul 2, 2010
    It was done like he didn't care about the characters and their personalities, and as if pretty graphics with no attention to detail or development = translating an amazing story to the big screen. It was like he watched the series for 10 minutes, cut all the story and left all the "cool looking" parts.
  93. KanaR.
    Jul 2, 2010
    This movie was unthrilling and just completely horrible.
  94. joshuas.
    Jul 3, 2010
    A terrible script intensified by the abysmal acting destroys this already lackluster action film.
  95. CourtneyL
    Jul 5, 2010
    This is one of my favorite series and M. Knight completely ruined it. I was so excited to hear that they have turned this show into a movie. All great expectations went down the drain during the movie. Even the creators of the show pronounced the characters names correctly, so why is it that they changed it? It sounds so stupid. If you have never seen the series, i find that you are going This is one of my favorite series and M. Knight completely ruined it. I was so excited to hear that they have turned this show into a movie. All great expectations went down the drain during the movie. Even the creators of the show pronounced the characters names correctly, so why is it that they changed it? It sounds so stupid. If you have never seen the series, i find that you are going to be SO lost. The actors could have been so much better. Sokka was awful and sukos scar was hardly even there! Aang was not light hearted and Katara was just there. Why did the creators let M. Knight direct this film? He obviously has no idea what he's doing. I'm so upset. The movie is a disaster. I hope when they do the next two books, a new director/actors are chosen. Better yet, they should redo the whole f****** film. Expand
  96. anonymousanonymous
    Jul 6, 2010
    The only reason this movie doesn't get a 0 is because of the cool special effects (saw it in 2-D). If you're a fan of the show don't watch it, the horrible script, worse acting, worse camera work, and worse decision to take the fun out of it make this an awful movie. the fight scenes weren't very good either, unlike in the show it looks like interpretive dance. I The only reason this movie doesn't get a 0 is because of the cool special effects (saw it in 2-D). If you're a fan of the show don't watch it, the horrible script, worse acting, worse camera work, and worse decision to take the fun out of it make this an awful movie. the fight scenes weren't very good either, unlike in the show it looks like interpretive dance. I didn't like anything in the movie besides the special effects, and it basically ruined the show for me. don't waste your time. Expand
  97. BruceK
    Jul 1, 2010
    Waste of money, in my thoughts. It was so random it seemed like the people who planned the movie never even saw the cartoon. The mispronunciations and wrong depictions from the cartoon, this movie was an Epic Fail. They should just re-do the whole movie.
  98. JeffT
    Jul 1, 2010
    Echhh, just plain drivel. No fun at all, nothing interesting in the dialogue, action, or effects...Skip it and watch the cartoon.
  99. AllenM.
    Jul 1, 2010
    Wow. How terrible was that? I can't remember the last time I walked out of a movie but it was all I could do for this. Way to suck all the fun and personality out of one of the best animated series of the last decade, Shyamalan!
  100. JohnP
    Jul 1, 2010
    Shamalamadingdong has ruined yet another movie with his inability to direct himself out of a wet paper bag. And this time he did it on the writing front as well.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    This is all enormously disappointing, of course, since the best we could hope for from a live-action "Avatar" adaptation is the mind-blowing equivalent of our first encounters with wire-fu, rather than this cartoony nonsense.
  2. The movie is "Star Wars" with martial arts, plus a touch of "The Last Emperor." Technically, it's not badly done; I enjoyed the physical clash of elements, the water balls rising like sculpture in the air.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Bowles
    He hasn't mastered the craft yet, but M. Night Shyamalan may be on to something with this action-movie thing.