2.6

1. EchoJ.
    Jul 2, 2010
    For those who have seen the show, the movie was a disaster. The pronunciations were wrong, major events were left out, key characterizations were missing. It was all out horrific and I am appalled that I wasted the money on something that I was so looking forward to.
  2. Miguela
    Jul 2, 2010
    This was quite possibly the most disappointing moment of my life, after waiting an entire year for this movie to come out, it fell completely flat, with unnecessary name changes to horrible special effects, to bug-eyed acting, the cartoon is more life-like and realistic than this. I almost cried in the theater.
  3. DamonP.
    Jul 2, 2010
    I'm pretty sure The Happening was actually a movie about what happened to people after they watched M. Knight's remake of one of the best animated series ever made. I was close to throwing my body into a moving combine too after I saw it.
  4. ToddD
    Jul 2, 2010
    100minutes of my life I will never get back. Worst movie I have seen since "To Die For" back in 1995. The story is weak. The cast was horrible. Monkies could have made a better adaptation.
  5. sameera
    Jul 2, 2010
    I have watched the cartoon series many times over and M Night Shyamlan has made a mess of what was originally a wonderful story.
  6. NickC.
    Jul 3, 2010
    I spent $13 on a ticket to see "The Last Airbender" in 3D on opening night. I was nervous due to the overwhelmingly negative response by professional movie critics everywhere. Critics very rarely tend to agree with each other, and yet they were united in their stance that this movie was cinematic trash. Yet, I still gave the movie the benefit of the doubt because I had enjoyed some poorly I spent $13 on a ticket to see "The Last Airbender" in 3D on opening night. I was nervous due to the overwhelmingly negative response by professional movie critics everywhere. Critics very rarely tend to agree with each other, and yet they were united in their stance that this movie was cinematic trash. Yet, I still gave the movie the benefit of the doubt because I had enjoyed some poorly reviewed movies in the past and I was a fan of the animated series on Nickelodeon. This was the biggest mistake I have made in all of my life. Everything about the cartoon has been lost in translation to film, even things as simple as the pronunciation of the main character's name. The screenplay and dialogue were extremely poorly written. The acting could have been great and it wouldn't have saved this movie, but it's arguably one of the worst parts of the movie. The 3D effects are completely unnecessary and for about 75% of the movie, there are next to no 3D effects. I have seen plenty of bad films in my life, and thankfully none of them have been memorable. This movie stands alone however, because I will never be able to forget just how awful this movie was. It is, with no exaggeration, the worst movie I have ever seen. Expand
  7. WilliamJ
    Jul 3, 2010
    This Movie was very dissapointing. The acting was very horrible, the script was plain, and the climax was very anti-climatic. I had high expectations for this movie...but it was a struggle to stay asleep. May I please get back the hour + I spent painfully in theatre?
  8. EbriamH
    Jul 3, 2010
    Not good, just not good.
  9. yuyof.
    Jul 3, 2010
    The most horrible and bad made film EVER! Night lost his good direction and talent. Poor man that steal money from poor Americans. He is a talent-less man. Can we sue him? Fire him from making movies. My rate? F
  10. Krishenn
    Jul 3, 2010
    Hollywood needs to stop its racist casting if it expects to continue to appeal to a non-white audience.
  11. AlistairF.
    Jul 3, 2010
    Uwe Boll, should have been the director.
  12. Luciano
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'm a big fan of the tv show the butchard the movie paramount should be boycotted for this sh%T. I have never been so disappionted. what were they thinking. was mks drunk or high when he made the movie. find out were the 150 mill went because it didn't go in to the movie.
  13. OliviaR
    Jul 4, 2010
    I rather plunge to my death than watch three seconds of this "movie." But hey, at least we all know that M Night hasn't lost it! He hasn't lost the ability to induce mass suicide. It's a shame that I don't have an actual "movie" to review.
  14. PhillipR
    Jul 4, 2010
    Had potential but did not deliver a single drop or it. I was really anticipating this movie but ended up greatly disappointed.
  15. ChristopherH
    Jul 4, 2010
    Not nearly as bad as the drones are saying. Geez, it's like they've got a personal score to settle with the reviews. Was it great, no; but my 9-year old loved it. In the grand scheme, who is this movie for anyway!
  16. Charlesf
    Jul 4, 2010
    This is not a good movie. Very, very poorly done.
  17. Angtheairbender
    Jul 5, 2010
    Well, Metacritc's score is almost spot on. This film has tons of problems. And you can tell this film was rushed so badly and almost no heart was put into it. The characters have little personality, and if you're going to this film to see the cleverness and for all of the great memorable characters, you will be very disappointed. Almost no humor is present, and Sokka Well, Metacritc's score is almost spot on. This film has tons of problems. And you can tell this film was rushed so badly and almost no heart was put into it. The characters have little personality, and if you're going to this film to see the cleverness and for all of the great memorable characters, you will be very disappointed. Almost no humor is present, and Sokka doesn't even tell one joke in the entire film or make a sarcastic remark, which is what his whole character is about!! The effects are mediocre at best, and could've been so much better. I don't know why the say some of the names differently, which is stupid. The charcters hardly resemble themselves from the series except Katara and Sokka which made me happy, but then again Sokka isn't funny at all, and all Katara does is cry and protect Aang. I hated all the things they changed in this movie too; it just ruined it and insulted my intelligence.. The only scenes I appreciated and liked isthe beginning in the South Pole, the blue-spirit scenes and the very end. And the action scenes you see in the trailers, is basically all of the action that's in the movie, which just ruins it even more. Shyamalan didn't care about this movie at all or very little. The entire first season crammed into 90 minutes is not enough for this film, and if he cared about it, he would give the fans what they wanted and make it a 2 1/2 hour film with an extended edition for the die-hard fans and actually have character-development and a story that resembles the actually first season by 70% atleast... It just makes me sad that this film was made, it should've never been created in the first place, and did nothing for the fans and it tells you Shyamalan cares more about money than us... I'm so angry; I could've written a screen-play ten times better than this!! And I wish I could direct a new-film just to get it right!!! The only reason it deserves a four which is being nice, is that it looks like some effort was put into it and atleast they got some characters that resembled their animated counterparts and it was somewhat related to Book One and gave me inspiration to write my own screenplay to redo this horrible masterpiece, and making go back to watching and appreciating the animated series even more. Have super low expectations if you see this... Short Review: It's not a good film and it will disappoint many Avatar fans, and the characters have no personalities and the film is way too rushed. Also has lots of stupid changes and Shymalan is a horrible director. Don't see this in the theaters, rent it if you're a fan or you just want to entertain and calm down some kids or just for a good pop-corn film. I would've liked this film more if I didn't see this in the theatres, because I expect such a better experience. Have low expectations in be in a good mood for a better experience. 4/10. Shorter Review: Just rent it if you're a fan with very low expectations. 4/10. I don't have much to say about the acting since they're just kids and haven't really started an acting career yet. And is mostly Shyamalan's fault for not being a better director. Expand
  18. AangA
    Jul 6, 2010
    1) My name is Aang not Oong! Everyone else's name is correct, why not mine? 2) My markings (Arrow) are a lite blue (kind of turqoust) color with no hieroglyphics. And it goes all the way down and around my body (arm and legs). 3) I'm a kid that loves to play around in all the books. I'm not that serious, yet. 4) Sakka, is a comedic strategist who loves to pick on his 1) My name is Aang not Oong! Everyone else's name is correct, why not mine? 2) My markings (Arrow) are a lite blue (kind of turqoust) color with no hieroglyphics. And it goes all the way down and around my body (arm and legs). 3) I'm a kid that loves to play around in all the books. I'm not that serious, yet. 4) Sakka, is a comedic strategist who loves to pick on his sister. He is not a serious warrior. 5) Katara, is a strong courageous and inspiring leader, not a needy little girl. 6) The "Fire Nation" wants to take over the world. They don't care about the spirit world. This movie was the worst movie my kids and I saw all year! We walked out very disapointed. My recommendation to all of my friends is to wait for the dvd to see me and not to waste your money! Expand
  19. meh
    Aug 11, 2010
    The animated version is far and away the pinnacle of its existence. This movie felt far short of that pinnacle. Stiff acting, bad casting and the machinations of M. Night ruined what would have been an epic film. Now, it's just one of those movies used to babysit your nephew on a Saturday night.
  20. Jul 27, 2011
    Sometimes one goes into a film with some preconceived notions about it due to critics' reactions, and with "The Last Airbender" those notions get re-affirmed after watching the film. This is, surely, the worst film I've seen in the last year. It is impressively bad on so many levels! The screenplay was simply atrocious, with horrible dialogue and plot. Stunningly badly written. AnotherSometimes one goes into a film with some preconceived notions about it due to critics' reactions, and with "The Last Airbender" those notions get re-affirmed after watching the film. This is, surely, the worst film I've seen in the last year. It is impressively bad on so many levels! The screenplay was simply atrocious, with horrible dialogue and plot. Stunningly badly written. Another stunningly bad thing was the acting. Honestly, this had some of the worst acting I've seen on a major motion picture ever. It is TV-action-flick level of badness, which says a lot. The visual effects and art direction might be the highlight of the film, but even those are not that spectacular. At times, the film would remind me of the awkward cinematography of "The Golden Compass" and this feeling that the film is just too theatrical and "set up," instead of feeling more realistic, like other highly visual effect heavy films have managed, such as The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, or Avatar. I could go on and on about how bad the film is. It is a pity that it ended up being so bad, since it was obvious Shyamalan was planning a sequel (or maybe a trilogy - those are popular nowadays, it seems). Something tells me that that (luckily for the audiences) won't be happening any time soon. Expand
  21. Oct 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a fan of the series, I would say it deserves nothing more than ZERO. Shyamalan is a great director, but he should at least had taken a look at the entire first season before starting this movie. Iroh don't have his ironical tranquility, Socka and Aang are serious all the time, awful dialogues, Zuko is totally different. Katara started the rebellion with the Earthbenders at that prison(and Aang and Socka weren't taken arrested)... I could continue, but it would take too much. In summary, the movie has nothing to do with the cartoon, and have a lot of mistakes. It is hollow, just a lot of special effects, nothing more. Expand
  22. Aug 11, 2011
    "The Last Airbender" is not terrible. The story is well put-together and flows well, considering it was all condensed from a whole season from a TV show. The visuals - save for the shameful post-production 3D that makes Clash of the Titans look like Avatar - are also very solid. Peltz's performance is bland, but aside from her, there weren't any huge problems. The screenplay, though, is a"The Last Airbender" is not terrible. The story is well put-together and flows well, considering it was all condensed from a whole season from a TV show. The visuals - save for the shameful post-production 3D that makes Clash of the Titans look like Avatar - are also very solid. Peltz's performance is bland, but aside from her, there weren't any huge problems. The screenplay, though, is a mess. Full of cliches and often incomprehensible, the whole plot falls apart by the end. Expand
  23. Nov 26, 2011
    One of the worst films you will ever see. Terrible acting, A poor script that made absolutely no sense, and it tried to cram an entire season filled with countless details into a poor 2 hour film. This is absolute trash.
  24. Aug 17, 2012
    Out of all the M. Night Shyamalan films I've seen, this has got to be the worst one that is in need to retire. I do like his 3 movies, The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs. But his ideas started to get bland, boring, and silly after those 3. But this one just killed it completely, he needs to retire.
  25. Aug 3, 2011
    I didn't know anything about Avatar before I saw this film so I had to take it at face value. I was pretty impressed by the whole thing. The story was easy to follow and the acting was good. Nothing ground breaking but this is a child's movie. With that in mind, I was expecting to see just what I saw. The Last Airbender does a good job telling what needs to be said to keep the sory going.I didn't know anything about Avatar before I saw this film so I had to take it at face value. I was pretty impressed by the whole thing. The story was easy to follow and the acting was good. Nothing ground breaking but this is a child's movie. With that in mind, I was expecting to see just what I saw. The Last Airbender does a good job telling what needs to be said to keep the sory going. It doesn't focus on the small details that fill out a series. The serious tone keeps the audience from being jerked back and forth from silliness to realism making the focus more clear. Also the film makes me care about the characters and not just wanting to see who does a cool trick. Some elements felt a little rushed but not so much that I was confused. The dialogue does well by not telling everything in the first five minutes leaving me with things to look forward to. There was room for improvement but I was overall satisfied. Expand
  26. Jan 26, 2011
    The Last Airbender, thanks to its horrendous screenplay and dialogue, horrible special effects, 3D that is just as bad as Clash of the Titans, bad acting, and horrible fan service, it is one of the worst movies of the year! It is also the worst movie of the decade so far. Even if you are a fan of the Nick show, skip this movie and you will not regret it!
  27. Apr 7, 2011
    A disgrace to the Avatar animated series. Much was expected by fans but most of the main events in the first chapter of the chapter where cut out and not many main characters where presented. A bad movie ending with a bad cliff hanger and a sequal that might not even see the light of day.
  28. Jan 22, 2011
    M. Night Shylaman does it again! That is not a good thing. If I were not a fan of the original series, this would be a 2 or a 3. He absoulutley ruined a potentially great movie. The acting was not awful, but the dialouge sure was!! Honestly I didn't know why people made a big deal in the casting when they should be concerned in who is directing and writing this THING!!! It doesn't makeM. Night Shylaman does it again! That is not a good thing. If I were not a fan of the original series, this would be a 2 or a 3. He absoulutley ruined a potentially great movie. The acting was not awful, but the dialouge sure was!! Honestly I didn't know why people made a big deal in the casting when they should be concerned in who is directing and writing this THING!!! It doesn't make sense and it was rushed. And I don't understand why they made the film dark and humourless, yet still wanted to stay within a PG rating? That's like making Terminator happy and G rated or Despicable Me dark and R rated!!! There are a few pros though. For starters the special effects are beautifully done and Dev Patel and Noah Ringer showed they can carry the role into a future film ( if there is one). The story also has alot of potential if they just lighten it up and take their time in developing their characters. It also wouldn't hurt to fix up the dialouge. If by some miracle they do make a sequel, they should dump ShylaBAD for ruining a potentially great first in a planned trilogy. Expand
  29. May 16, 2011
    Now that this film has a total of 5 razzies, all of the people who gave it a good review should be ashamed of themselves. It wasn't total garbage, but garbage nonetheless. It made certain fans cry and/or throw a fit. HOW CAN YOU CALL YOURSELF A FAN IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT? Shyamalan certainly didn't make it for us.
  30. Mar 19, 2011
    You're better off watching the animated series. There aren't enough characters to describe what is wrong with this movie, but bad acting, bad script and bad special effects just about sums it up. Since The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable it has been going from bad to worse for M. Night Shyamalan.
  31. Jun 17, 2011
    Abacaxis espinafrados com a Framboesa de Ouro não têm achados de tocante beleza como o sacrifício de uma jovem que transfere sua vida a uma entidade espiritual pelo bem de um povo. Ã
  32. May 26, 2012
    One of the worst movies I've ever watched. The acting is weird and terribly bad. The story makes no sense at all. The script was just ridiculously terrible and corny. The characters' personality in the movie are not even close with those in the TV series. Although the film has great special effects, it was completely overshadowed by these awful features of the movie..........
  33. May 23, 2011
    Gio: I'm gonna see it. Carl: No! Just buy a Madonna album or something. Ugly ugly film. Even racist! Gio: But what about my RT review? Carl: Oh man, you don't need to waste your time reviewing that crap!
  34. Dec 29, 2011
    If this had been some unknown director's debut film, released with little to no fanfare, it would have just been a bad movie. But because of the director's pedigree (albeit diminished from his first couple of films, but still!), because of the relative popularity of the source material, because of the marketing campaign that drove this film and because of the relatively large sum of moneyIf this had been some unknown director's debut film, released with little to no fanfare, it would have just been a bad movie. But because of the director's pedigree (albeit diminished from his first couple of films, but still!), because of the relative popularity of the source material, because of the marketing campaign that drove this film and because of the relatively large sum of money invested into its making, "The Last Airbender" is jaw-droppingly bad. I almost recommend you to watch it, if nothing else so you can truly understand what an awful major motion picture truly is and have a low-point to forever compare all other bad films to. Expand
  35. Dec 14, 2011
    The Last Airbender is an awful movie that everyone should avoid. M. Night Shyamalan let his audience down. The privileged of making a movie comes the responsibility of making a good one - a responsibility to which Shyamalan has fail and should not be allowed to get away with. Such a shame.
  36. Jun 27, 2011
    Usually I can find some kind of redeeming element from a bad movie and enjoy the flick. I just could not do that with Ava... whoops sorry the Last Airbender. This movie is honestly laughable. Even the fight scenes are terrible, at least with Transformers Revenge of the Fallen the fight scenes were entertaining to watch. I honestly don't think that I've seen pacing this bad in a movieUsually I can find some kind of redeeming element from a bad movie and enjoy the flick. I just could not do that with Ava... whoops sorry the Last Airbender. This movie is honestly laughable. Even the fight scenes are terrible, at least with Transformers Revenge of the Fallen the fight scenes were entertaining to watch. I honestly don't think that I've seen pacing this bad in a movie ever. Also the name pronunciations were fine in the TV show, there was absolutely no reason for them to change. I mean changing the way a name sounds is not the end of the world but thats only the surface for the problems with this movie. My number one problem with the film is the acting, absolutely terrible across the board. My second problem is how bad the story is, you can not follow this film for a second. The only reason this movie is getting two stars is because of the films musical score (one point) and the Special effects (another point). I guess what I'm trying to say is this movie is terrible because... it sucks. Expand
  37. Jul 31, 2014
    Well, I enjoyed it! I also don't get why people were so harsh on this film. I found it captivating with entertaining special effects and was more than happy to watch start to finish.

I have no idea why people slam it so much, but hey I thought it was good :)
  38. Jun 14, 2014
    I don't know what the hell is up with Shyamalan recently. I think The Last Airbender is a career killer for sure and to that I'd say good luck making more crappy movies. Adding insult to injury, I hated this movie and After Earth as well. I found The Last Airbender guilty for laughable bad acting (including Dev Petel's awful performance), lame CGI effects, tasteless plot segments, noI don't know what the hell is up with Shyamalan recently. I think The Last Airbender is a career killer for sure and to that I'd say good luck making more crappy movies. Adding insult to injury, I hated this movie and After Earth as well. I found The Last Airbender guilty for laughable bad acting (including Dev Petel's awful performance), lame CGI effects, tasteless plot segments, no character development, and a blatant excuse of storytelling that none of the fans from the TV series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" couldn't find the film actually makes sense. It's true that the series have ended for 4 seasons, but I hope Nickelodeon should stick to family-oriented movies and promised they should not and will not make a "Legend of Korra" movie. There's no way in hell I'm going to see another rotten attempt by Moron Night Shyamalan ever again. Bar none, The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies that your mom just warned you about. Expand
  39. Aug 25, 2011
    How can you begin to describe the many ways in which this film sucks? Never in history of movies has their been a fall as meteoric as M. Night Shyamalan, a director who began the decade being called the new **** and ends it by making The Last Airbender, a movie that is a failure on every level you can think of. The acting is wooden, the casting is offensive (why are all the good guysHow can you begin to describe the many ways in which this film sucks? Never in history of movies has their been a fall as meteoric as M. Night Shyamalan, a director who began the decade being called the new **** and ends it by making The Last Airbender, a movie that is a failure on every level you can think of. The acting is wooden, the casting is offensive (why are all the good guys white, and all the bad guys Asian, when it was clearly the other way around in the show), the effects are horrible, the plot makes no sense, the whimsy or excitement of a fantasy world is completely absent, and above all things, it is mind-numbingly dull. Expand
  40. Sep 17, 2011
    M. Night Shyamalan. That's the one name you need to hear instantly to avoid this movie. It is the WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!! I have never seen another movie in my whole life that has failed so badly on every level! He has taken my favorite show and turned it into the most boring pile of crap ever produced!!! Everything fails!!! They skipped too much from the show, the acting wasn't good, theM. Night Shyamalan. That's the one name you need to hear instantly to avoid this movie. It is the WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!! I have never seen another movie in my whole life that has failed so badly on every level! He has taken my favorite show and turned it into the most boring pile of crap ever produced!!! Everything fails!!! They skipped too much from the show, the acting wasn't good, the whole look of the movie was just cheap and tacky and the script had no sense of life to it whatsoever. If I was not a fan of the show I would have forgot this movie instantly as soon as I walked out of the cinema door. I have forever decided to boycott M. Night Shyamalan after seeing this poorly done piece of tripe. Expand
  41. Oct 23, 2011
    It's awful.It's awfulI.t's awful.It's awful.It's awful.It's awful.It's awful .It's awful.It's awful.It's awful.It's awful.It's awful. Is the worst movie i ever see
  42. Dec 19, 2011
    I tried to like this movie, I really did. But I just couldn't get around it. I even abandoned all bias from being a big fan of the show it spawned from, but that did little to make this movie any more enjoyable. Focusing on this movie as a standalone entity, the writing was horrible(it sounded like a second grader wrote most of it), the acting(save for Zuko) was bad, and the cameraworkI tried to like this movie, I really did. But I just couldn't get around it. I even abandoned all bias from being a big fan of the show it spawned from, but that did little to make this movie any more enjoyable. Focusing on this movie as a standalone entity, the writing was horrible(it sounded like a second grader wrote most of it), the acting(save for Zuko) was bad, and the camerawork was awkward(long, flowing, uninterrupted shots don't lend themselves well to an intense fight scene Shyamalan). The plot struggled to find itself(some parts felt dragged on way too long, others seemed to zip by) and important characters seemed to pop into existence out of nowhere and not be explained until later. All in all, it was just really, really bad. I would not recommend this movie to anyone, especially a fan of the series. Expand
  43. Sep 27, 2011
    The story of the Dalai Lama don't need to have fantasy to be good, this movie is simply bored and stupid, like a cartoon it works very good, but in a movie is just boring and pointless
  44. Mar 10, 2012
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dont know what to say.................................. really i dont honestly know
  45. Oct 26, 2011
    This movie is an insult to Brian Di Martino's masterpiece.... The acting is an insult to young actors everywhere.... The casting is an insult to all Asians....... M. Night Shyamalan is an insult to moviedom.....
    and I am ashamed that he had Indian origins..
  46. Nov 1, 2011
    I liked the anime a lot is very good.
    compared the movie with the series, the characters are completely different. Aang's personality is not the same. Sokka in the series is very funny. Sokka in the film is so serious that he was not paying attention. very good special effects in the movie.
    should not allow Mr. M. Night Shyamalan direct a film. completely ruined what could be a great
    I liked the anime a lot is very good.
    should not allow Mr. M. Night Shyamalan direct a film.
    completely ruined what could be a great movie. was lost what could be a great trilogy.
  47. Nov 6, 2011
    The visual effects and the overall design of the movie are impressive. But it can't fully make up for The Last Airbender's bland acting, horridly written script, absence of character development and short running time. Now, I'm a fan of the animated series of which this movie is based off of, and I must say this was a pretty pathetic excuse for an adaptation. The story that the movie isThe visual effects and the overall design of the movie are impressive. But it can't fully make up for The Last Airbender's bland acting, horridly written script, absence of character development and short running time. Now, I'm a fan of the animated series of which this movie is based off of, and I must say this was a pretty pathetic excuse for an adaptation. The story that the movie is based on is highly original, spiritual, philosophical, humorous and emotional. But all of that has been taken away and substituted for crap. This film did not live up to it's potential what so ever. 1/ 4 stars. Expand
  48. Nov 7, 2011
    I tried to like it, but it is a big letdown compared to the Nickelodeon animated series it is based on. The story was hard to follow and there a lot of changes from the show. It would have been better if they had better actors as well. The character didn't act at all like they did in the show.
  49. Nov 17, 2011
    I was a follower of the original show, this movie was just a failure, I can believe Shyamalan is a fan of the show, and who's brilliant idea was to whitewash the cast? sorry, but I can believe a non-caucasian director like Shyamalan shows that kind of "racism".
  50. Jan 27, 2013
    I am a huge fan of the animated series. I absolutely hated this movie. There is really no similarity between this movie and the series. First, in the series, Aang is a happy-go-lucky kid. In the movie, there is no joy to be found anywhere. Second, bending doesn't require five minutes of dancing before a single move can be made. In the series, a flick of the wrist throws a rock. In theI am a huge fan of the animated series. I absolutely hated this movie. There is really no similarity between this movie and the series. First, in the series, Aang is a happy-go-lucky kid. In the movie, there is no joy to be found anywhere. Second, bending doesn't require five minutes of dancing before a single move can be made. In the series, a flick of the wrist throws a rock. In the movie, the characters have to go through rigorous dance moves just to levitate some water. Third, the series cannot actually be made into a movie because the movie can't encompass all of the little details the series had to offer. All in all, nothing in this movie lives up to the series. Expand
  51. Nov 23, 2011
    This film is UTTER RUBBISH, from the acting to the cgi it self. How can a director start with a film like sixth sense to this carp, it does beggars belief. Firstly the characters/actors were TERRIBLE. in the tv show the first two episodes you felt the connection and bond between the three protagonist, but in the first 20 mins of this film you just DIDN'T feel anything. There should be anThis film is UTTER RUBBISH, from the acting to the cgi it self. How can a director start with a film like sixth sense to this carp, it does beggars belief. Firstly the characters/actors were TERRIBLE. in the tv show the first two episodes you felt the connection and bond between the three protagonist, but in the first 20 mins of this film you just DIDN'T feel anything. There should be an INSTANT bond between katara and ang but there wasn't. Secondly say the blasted names correctly darn its infuriating watching them say it wrong.
    thirdly, and may i add the most IMPORTANT is the story/bending. it was a completely and UTTER joke. Mr night shyamalan if you bothered to watch the show you'd realise ang picked up water bending very very very easily, contrary to what the director believed. All of the bending parts in the film was cringe-worthy and thats why i'm not going in to that. The scariest thing is he's going to inflict more of his rubbish if (i'm sorry to say this) Nickelodeon don't fire him. I don't believe the actors are at fault for this diabolical and atrocious movie, that lies down to the director entirely. What's even more astonishing is the source material is amazing yet he released this joke of a film. I'm sorry i may be extremely harsh but he should NEVER EVER be allowed behind a camera or script AGAIN. PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N.B i didn't have time to proof-read sorry
  52. Apr 7, 2012
    M. Night Shyamlan directs an EPIC FAILURE of a TV show. His best was The Sixth Sense, but his film-making skills took a downfall and so far, The Last Airbender is probably his worst. First, the story was too short and skipped to much exposition from the show, there wasn't enough of a conflict, a lack of climatic events, and the conclusion is choppy. Second, EVERY SINGLE actor was miscastM. Night Shyamlan directs an EPIC FAILURE of a TV show. His best was The Sixth Sense, but his film-making skills took a downfall and so far, The Last Airbender is probably his worst. First, the story was too short and skipped to much exposition from the show, there wasn't enough of a conflict, a lack of climatic events, and the conclusion is choppy. Second, EVERY SINGLE actor was miscast and not very firm with their roles, the script suffered from being appalling and mispronounced the characters names, and the art direction lacks enough element-bending. Many movies were adaptated from television shows, but this one suffered from retardation in almost every part of the movie and I am not the one who's racist but especially when Arabs, Indians, and Persians were catastrophically and wrongly depicted as Firebenders. Expand
  53. Aug 24, 2014
    Oh this feeling of disappointment and frustration I get every time I see a movie that had such potential, but which wasted it.

The Last Airbender... based on an anime, this is the first part, I think. The story does end in a way that promises a sequel. I don't think that's an excuse to leave the story so... unfulfilling. The scenes kept jumping without coherency a few times, but it's

The scenes kept jumping without coherency a few times, but it's a good thing that didn't happen all that much. More annoying was that we had plenty of Katara's inner dialogue, which in some cases was the only way to tie some events together and introduce new people. Then again, that dialogue didn't fit into the story since it kept jumping in only when they would have been forced used more time to explore/explain something, and sometimes they even explained something she had already gone over. Talk about inconsistence.

All in all, the writing was rather poor. Such a fascinating world, history and cultures should be explored and not just thrown to the screen so that they can move on. All in all every scene suffered from an air of hurried storytelling. New characters appeared before you even got to know the old ones, and the acting really suffered from that as well; no one had the chance to actually perform, making it into a wooden farce. You couldn't possibly feel anything for anyone when they just stepped in without proper introduction.

I was hoping this movie would be better than some of my friends said it was. I cannot help but feel disappointed. The special effect were just about as good as can be expected, but nothing to be amazed about.

If they make a sequel, I hope they up their game a little!
  54. Feb 2, 2012
    This movie just sucked hard at best, but it still a highest grossing film. I hate the transition of story of this movie. The characters aren't characters at all. They're like clever bot speaking to other clever bots. You can't sense the feeling of each character ( except the boy who played aang which is his first time in this business). I hope the sequel to this film is better than this one.
  55. Apr 13, 2012
    i loved the avatar series, but this was THE WORST MOVIE EVER. ya know, you'd think the creators of the series would know how to spell the charterers names, i mean aangs name is pronounced ayng, not ong, sokka is pronounced socka, not soaka, and i could continue, but id rather not rage
  56. Jun 23, 2012
    Just remember that the cartoon is still fantastic. That's what worries me about this film, that it will detract from the cartoon which to me is the only thing wholly good in this world. (barely joking)
  57. Mar 19, 2012
    I have watched this movie ONE 'S and never again!!! as a big fan of the avatar series i just wanted to see what this movie is like despite what the critics and everyone else said this movie is HORRIBLE. Uninteresting, bad dialogue, if you haven't seen the series big parts of the plot are missing. WERE THE F**k are the Kyoshi warriors. This movie is terrible. the only thing that's okay areI have watched this movie ONE 'S and never again!!! as a big fan of the avatar series i just wanted to see what this movie is like despite what the critics and everyone else said this movie is HORRIBLE. Uninteresting, bad dialogue, if you haven't seen the series big parts of the plot are missing. WERE THE F**k are the Kyoshi warriors. This movie is terrible. the only thing that's okay are the effects but that is not enough by a long shot. Expand
  58. Sep 9, 2013
    This movie is awful. Mispronunciation of the names, horrible effects, and the acting is just horrendous This movie sets a new standard for bad movies, especially when it's based off a kids show!
  59. Nov 13, 2013
    What kind of awful crap was this? "The Last Airbender" is surely one of the dullest ever made in the history of filmmaking. I would recommend you to buy a pack of chips rather than pay for this boring and ridiculous junk. Also, if you have seen this in 3-D, this is probably the worst use of 3-D ever.
  60. Jun 9, 2012
    Many of the characters names were pronounced wrong. The movie was very serious, when the cartoon was lighthearted. They changed the plot, it was chopped into stupid and very unintelligible pieces, the effects were horrible, the characters looked nothing like the originals. The spirit world looked cheesy, appa and momo looked like scraggly puppets attached to the ceiling with "invisibleMany of the characters names were pronounced wrong. The movie was very serious, when the cartoon was lighthearted. They changed the plot, it was chopped into stupid and very unintelligible pieces, the effects were horrible, the characters looked nothing like the originals. The spirit world looked cheesy, appa and momo looked like scraggly puppets attached to the ceiling with "invisible ropes". If you liked Avatar; The Last Airbender, I highly recomend that you don't watch this. Your high hopes will be crushed. Immediately. Don't watch it and hopefully, they will let someone else make the second (but that probably won't be good either).

Ah well.

-kataangforever1
  61. Dec 23, 2012
    An absolute filmic disgrace - wooden acting, M. ShamlalamalamaDingDong's horrible directing, and absolutely no faithfulness to the brilliant source material, The Last Airbender is one of the worst films of all-time. I'll be honest - I thought I was watching a cheap soap opera.
  62. Jul 11, 2012
    this movie was so bad i was excited at first when they first announced it then i saw it i was horrified they said uvatar instead of avatar and (if you watch LOK they made a joke about that) they pronounced characters names wrong zuko didn't even look like zuko was sapost to look like i think the guy who voice sokka could have been a better one because in this movie sokka was to seriousthis movie was so bad i was excited at first when they first announced it then i saw it i was horrified they said uvatar instead of avatar and (if you watch LOK they made a joke about that) they pronounced characters names wrong zuko didn't even look like zuko was sapost to look like i think the guy who voice sokka could have been a better one because in this movie sokka was to serious there was so many wrong things with this movie it's not even funny i don't think they even watched the series before they made the movie ooh and they forgot the kioshi warriors suki was sokkas main love interest Expand
  63. Dec 14, 2012
    I was a huge fan of the original cartoon, in fact it's my favorite TV show. I just don't see how anyone who was a fan of the series could rate this movie any higher than a 1, and how anyone who enjoys movies could rate it higher than a 2. The Last Airbender is the worst movie I have ever seen, and I am making that claim as a disappointed fan and a movie lover. Every aspect of the filmI was a huge fan of the original cartoon, in fact it's my favorite TV show. I just don't see how anyone who was a fan of the series could rate this movie any higher than a 1, and how anyone who enjoys movies could rate it higher than a 2. The Last Airbender is the worst movie I have ever seen, and I am making that claim as a disappointed fan and a movie lover. Every aspect of the film that could have gone wrong went horribly wrong. From the atrocious dialogue, to the mediocre story, to the wooden characters, to the awkward cast, to the sloppy special effects, it all worked together to create one massive piece of s%#t. However, the worst part of it all by far was that M. Night Shamalan challenged the ways of the Emmy winning, critically aclaimed show and failed in every single itty-bitty little way I can think of. Now, people who have never seen the incredible TV show may never see it and any chance of it evolving into a live-action movie, which had so much potential to be good, has been extinguished. As a fan, it is a saddening thought. Expand
  64. Aug 30, 2012
    This movie is a big delusion! The dialogies and the script are terrible and the acting isn't much better. It's also too much serious, while the cartooon has many hilarious moments. If give it a 5 and not a 3 or a 2, it's just for the special effects and the fight scenes, which are some of the most visually beautiful I've ever seen.
  65. Jan 6, 2014
    Um dos filmes trágicos do cinema
  66. Jan 12, 2014
    Just awful. Not only does M. Night Shamalamadingdong completely butcher everything good about the tv show like the epic large scale fight scenes involving powerful benders battling it out with great direction and technique (Now just floating bits of rock shot at people that could easily have been thrown more effectively), the developed characters (there is no emotion in this film,Just awful. Not only does M. Night Shamalamadingdong completely butcher everything good about the tv show like the epic large scale fight scenes involving powerful benders battling it out with great direction and technique (Now just floating bits of rock shot at people that could easily have been thrown more effectively), the developed characters (there is no emotion in this film, everything we hear anyone say is monotone back story, due to fact they tried to fit 500 minutes of plot from the first season of Avatar into a 90 minute movie) and the beautiful world you want to explore with these characters on their adventure (the setting just feels uninspired as **** no effort went into replicating the amazing detail of the show's world), he also shows how awful he is at directing fight scenes (they are seriously boring and drawn out), casts some of the worst child actors ever to grace the big screen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbi7xUd5TPc *sigh*) and fails to record some sound and light his scenes properly! This is a disgrace to the tv show and films in general, whoever gave this production the thumbs up was probably the same person who approved Dragon Ball Evolution. Avoid this at all costs. Expand
  67. Jun 23, 2013
    Anyone who gave this movie above a 2 obviously has never seen the show, has really bad taste in movies, or is retarded. This is possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. The effects are awful, so are the actors, dialogue, fight scenes, etc.
  68. Nov 19, 2012
    How do you take a great TV series with the strong fanbase that it had and simply spit in our faces with crap movie man. The acting was horrid, the casting was just as bad, the CGI was cool yes but the rushed movie with the limited respect to the series was embarrassing. Why would anyone give M. Night the rights to produce this movie? His resume is that of pure mediocrity. Why not JamesHow do you take a great TV series with the strong fanbase that it had and simply spit in our faces with crap movie man. The acting was horrid, the casting was just as bad, the CGI was cool yes but the rushed movie with the limited respect to the series was embarrassing. Why would anyone give M. Night the rights to produce this movie? His resume is that of pure mediocrity. Why not James Cameron, Riddley Scott, Michael Bay even. I hope they re-do this movie the right way. Expand
  69. Jan 5, 2014
    Wow was this movie a disappointment! The whole movie felt rushed! I think that was the biggest problem with the Last Airbender. This should be made into a series so they can get into the story better, but instead everything is thrown into one movie. If this movie is the first time you`re learning about these characters you will not care for them.I use to watch the show and that was so muchWow was this movie a disappointment! The whole movie felt rushed! I think that was the biggest problem with the Last Airbender. This should be made into a series so they can get into the story better, but instead everything is thrown into one movie. If this movie is the first time you`re learning about these characters you will not care for them.I use to watch the show and that was so much better on every level. The Trailer sure got me excited, but man did it fail.I guess if you have no expectations it is an alright movie, but for the rest of us it fails hard! Expand
  70. Dec 8, 2012
    Not good, in fact it's one of the worst movies I've seen in years. I hated it! The acting was horrible, basically every actor sucked. The script was poorly written and cheesy. The story jumped around a lot and made very little sense at times, which is strange because I was familiar with the story because I watched a little of the show. The fighting sequences were stupid. Some of the CGINot good, in fact it's one of the worst movies I've seen in years. I hated it! The acting was horrible, basically every actor sucked. The script was poorly written and cheesy. The story jumped around a lot and made very little sense at times, which is strange because I was familiar with the story because I watched a little of the show. The fighting sequences were stupid. Some of the CGI was okay, but not good. I'm now a firm believer that M. Night Shyamalan will never have a comeback as this film is nothing but pure garbage. He can't handle directing a film even with good material being handed down to him. A complete shame and one of the absolute worst films of 2010. A dreadful, excruciating film to watch. Expand
  71. Mar 9, 2013
    Nobody knows who Shyamalan is any more......
  72. Jan 11, 2013
    It really is the last airbender. Just because of horrible dialogue, boring fights and no humuor it is terrible. Paramount need work to make it better instead of it worse.
  73. Jan 28, 2014
    I genuinely think that this movie is not as absolutely unbearable and completely full of **** as most people make it out to be. But it is undeniably bad. Nominating Dev Patel for a Golden Razzie was very harsh but overall the acting is atrocious. Mainly due to the title character Aang played by Noah Ringer. How the hell did he even get through the audition process with a face which looksI genuinely think that this movie is not as absolutely unbearable and completely full of **** as most people make it out to be. But it is undeniably bad. Nominating Dev Patel for a Golden Razzie was very harsh but overall the acting is atrocious. Mainly due to the title character Aang played by Noah Ringer. How the hell did he even get through the audition process with a face which looks constantly surprised and in pain at the same time. Pretty much everyone else with the exception of Dev Patel (who is alright) is bad, but not to the point of self harm like Noah Ringer. Reading other reviews most people claim that the cheesy dialogue is the worst thing about the whole movie, I have to admit I agree with them all. Sure it isn't Tommy Wiseau's The Room, but damn this is written by the same guy who directed The Sixth Sense. What the **** happened? Out of every second of The Last Airbender which I watched the only above average and enjoyable aspect of it was Zuko's storyline (Dev Patel). Maybe if I could be bothered to watch the anime TV series it might be better, I hate to admit it but I actually thought his banishment was pretty cool. However the last scene (which is only in there for the minute chance of a sequel) they totally ruin it and attempt to bring in even more family conflict to create drama. Every attempt at drama in the movie fails though, I did not care one bit about the bull**** love story between Sokka and Yue (who's penis haircut was the best part of the movie). Overall M.Night Shyamalan really should have made the movie much less crap for it to be enjoyable. I have never summarised a movie so bluntly before. Expand
  74. May 4, 2013
    Welcome, to M. Night's escuss to take a dump on the TV show. With horrible acting, confusing story, a darker tone to the movie, bad speical effects even compared to a stundent film, and combined with the rushed production, makes for a horrible outcome.
  75. Apr 22, 2013
    I had trouble giving this movie a one out of ten. That's how bad it is!
  76. Oct 22, 2013
    Not as bad as I heard it was, maybe because I haven't seen the show. Leaving that aside, the movie is just painfully mediocre, the potential is there and the CGI was great, its just not used well enough.
  77. Feb 13, 2013
    This has got to be one of the worst movies I watched. And it's so frustrating because I loved the cartoon series! D:

Bad acting, incredibly bad script, bad casting... the only thing good might be the visual effects. But not even that and the fanbase was able to save this from being a huge waste of time.
  78. Oct 14, 2013
    I personally watched the Avatar: the Last Airbender show very occassionally, and while i liked it-it was cool, I did not watch it enough to consider myself among the biggest of fans. From this perspective, I can say I kinda enjoyed this movie.
    I thought the acting was not the best, but it wasn't Twilight bad (though Twilight, imo, was a bad series as the books as well). The CGI wasn't the worst, but I personally like CGI unless it is like the CGI in sitcoms on TV (like when a character dreams he has super powers and it has terribe CGI showing. them). The story is understandable in the sense that the Percy Jackson movies were- you understand it if you've read the book,or in this case watched the TV show, but it is still quite different. and the action, while not making sense sometimes (like when the earth benders float a rock rather than doing something cool) it was good enough
    I personally liked this movie. But I understand the ppl who hate it. This movie is just a generic movie, and the TV show was amazing- not to mention the lack of major parts of the show due to it being just 2 hours- and another thing, a generic movie like this does not have to exceed the 1 hour 30 min mark. I give this movie an F for the biggest fans of the series, a D-E if you were a fan but not an intense fan- like watching- the- series- fifty- times- in- a- row- intense, a C for those who uderstood the series and was just looking forward to watching a generic movie to pass the time

*Also, I got this movie on Redbox, so I only paid 1$, so i thik it was at least worth that
  79. Mar 18, 2013
    I almost gave this film a one for the special effects but no even though they were the only thing good in the movie. First M. Night Shamalamadingdong has no idea what the phrase "Good movie" means, I bet he's never been to a theater and seen a person walk out of his movie and say anything positive. This was a disgrace to "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Second, for the character Ang or how M.I almost gave this film a one for the special effects but no even though they were the only thing good in the movie. First M. Night Shamalamadingdong has no idea what the phrase "Good movie" means, I bet he's never been to a theater and seen a person walk out of his movie and say anything positive. This was a disgrace to "Avatar: The Last Airbender". Second, for the character Ang or how M. Night F***ed it up Ung. He hired a complete unknown for the soul reason he looked like Ang. I could understand taking auditions from people online but just because they look like them. It would've been better to hire me a BLACK GUY, and It would still be better because I know ever episode. Third. He basically took the TV show script "Katara: We have to do something. Ang: I agree" and basically did this "Ang: We have to do something. Katara: I agree" he blatintly switched characters lines to other characters. He filmed a scene and didnt even show it. The fact that this movie has a 2.9 out of 10 still amazes me. M. Night you can't make movies. Literally everyone in the theater went "Uhhhhhhhhhhhh" when his name appeared on screen. The Sixth Sense, what he wore the same clothes throughout the movie, The Happening was alright but dumb. Devil surprisingly was good, so I looked it up he produced it, not wrote or directed it that's why it was good. M. Night please stop directing and writing, and I swear to God if you come out with "The Last Aairbender 2" I will probably burn down the theater, watch the news. 16 year old kid attempted arisen to save the eyes of movie goers. I'd probably get and award. Oops, M. Night encase you didn't know what that means it's something you get for doing something GOOD. Expand
  80. Jun 7, 2014
    Take the beloved Avatar series and take away all of it's humor to become a horrible adaptation.

This is one of the worst adaptations of all time, while the entire story happens in front of you, you will never be invested into what is going on, you will never care for the main characters to get out of their predicaments, you will never look forward to see what is going to happen next, you will simply be looking at the screen trying to figure out what is going on and wandering "what's", "why's" and "how's" to the point of absolute boredom because is not even funny... and you wanna know why? because there is NO humanity in this movie; all the characters talk like robots, the passing is warped, the writing is moronic and there is no directing... like there was nobody telling the actors what they had to do, they where pretty much just reading out the lines on the script...

The animated series is full of adventure, personality, color and fun that this movie never shows anywhere, there is no love and passion for this movie at all... is just a bad movie, plain and simple...
  81. Jul 15, 2013
    El ultimo maestro del aire es una mezcla de cine malo y un gran error de este buen director así como hay muy buenas peliculas de este sobresale esta pero de lo mala.
  82. Oct 6, 2013
    Well it was better than the Dragonball movie that came out a while back which was also based on a famous anime hahaha but still it wasn't by much. I mean the movie started ok but I wish the story was more worked out and what's with the end, is there a sequel to it?
  83. May 23, 2013
    I don't watch the series this movie was based on, so this isn't a fan rage review. Just the usual negative review. Just about everything I look for in a film is absent from this major motion crapper. A boring/ uninteresting/ stupid story, horrible acting, and just a feeling of: why should I care syndrome. There's nothing good in this, nothing; perhaps "okay" special effects, but overallI don't watch the series this movie was based on, so this isn't a fan rage review. Just the usual negative review. Just about everything I look for in a film is absent from this major motion crapper. A boring/ uninteresting/ stupid story, horrible acting, and just a feeling of: why should I care syndrome. There's nothing good in this, nothing; perhaps "okay" special effects, but overall nothing. I can't say much about this because it's been a while since I've seen it; several years in fact, and I don't plan on ever seeing this again unless it's a dare. Expand
  84. May 28, 2013
    I watch a lot of anime, but Avatar: The Last Airbender was one of my favorites, and I was looking forward to the movie, it looked great, but it turns out that In was wrong, it disappointing to no end. The reason 99.99999% of the world (including me) hates the movie is because everything was wrong, the characters aren't the ones I had come to love in the anime, they were completelyI watch a lot of anime, but Avatar: The Last Airbender was one of my favorites, and I was looking forward to the movie, it looked great, but it turns out that In was wrong, it disappointing to no end. The reason 99.99999% of the world (including me) hates the movie is because everything was wrong, the characters aren't the ones I had come to love in the anime, they were completely different! I HATED this movie! Not only was the story bad, but the actors were just as terrible. They looked as if they didn't want to be there, and I can see why! M. Night Shylaman was lucky that I don't remember him for this because of the movie Devil, which I enjoyed, but this piece of crap, I hated it. If you like the anime, don't watch this film, If you like the show, don't watch it, if you like good movies, don't watch it, and if you just like movies, don't watch it. Its seriously THAT bad. But I'm giving it a 1 out of 10 because its not Skyline which is my least favorite movie of all time. Expand
  85. Jun 7, 2013
    If I had to compare it to the animated series I would have to say that it's a disaster. If i had to judge it separately i would say the same. Someone who has never seen the show ,is forced into an incomprehensible plot bound to be unappreciated, as the film's success was more special-effects oriented. Even though they have the same story, Avatar manages to captivate viewers and make themIf I had to compare it to the animated series I would have to say that it's a disaster. If i had to judge it separately i would say the same. Someone who has never seen the show ,is forced into an incomprehensible plot bound to be unappreciated, as the film's success was more special-effects oriented. Even though they have the same story, Avatar manages to captivate viewers and make them have a plethora of feelings such as sympathy, suspense and excitement, while The Last Airbender presents the story as dead, cold and superficial. When Avatar The Last Airbender ended, the fans were devastated and nostalgic. When The Last Airbender ended, everyone was devastated as well but for a different reason and hoping the 2 expected sequels will not be released. That is because the director of this film, or whoever is responsible for the its making, made a terrible mistake. Animes or anime-like shows are absolutely not meant to have live-action adaptations made. It's one of the few things the movie industry is not capable of doing, successfully. Expand
  86. Jun 12, 2013
    This is the most terrible movie i have ever seen. This movie was so bad that i fell asleep. The fighting was so fake and the characters act so corny.
  87. Nov 4, 2013
    This is the Worst Movie of 2012 and 2011 nobody should ever see this movie the acting is horrible and the story is the dumbest story ever heard in a long time since 2006 NO BODY SHOULD SEE THIS MOVIE.
  88. Jul 4, 2013
    While "Avatar: The Last Airbender" remains one of my favorite shows of all time it was just heartbreaking to watch "The Last Airbender" movie. Characters portrayed in the shows were performed so differently in the movie, and although this does not affect my score, it did affect my thoughts on the film. The film was rushed, little to no humor, and felt dark in tone in general, which did notWhile "Avatar: The Last Airbender" remains one of my favorite shows of all time it was just heartbreaking to watch "The Last Airbender" movie. Characters portrayed in the shows were performed so differently in the movie, and although this does not affect my score, it did affect my thoughts on the film. The film was rushed, little to no humor, and felt dark in tone in general, which did not benefit the film. The acting was horrible, and it left little to no impressions on the characters in the film. While the television show brought a bright and smiling personality, even with a sinister villain, the movie turned darker to appeal to an older audience, which doesn't work at all. Visuals are great however, and it was the only thing in the film that made me interested during the rushed action scenes. I guess, more time in the film was needed to make this any better. Expand
  89. Jul 5, 2013
    I love anime, and when this movie came out, I was very excited to see it, but the movie is just wasted potential. I can relate to those who hate the movie, why? Because everything was wrong, there are more contrasts than comparisons between the anime and the actual cinematic release. The characters weren't the same, the lore wasn't the same, everything was wrong. M. Night has taken one ofI love anime, and when this movie came out, I was very excited to see it, but the movie is just wasted potential. I can relate to those who hate the movie, why? Because everything was wrong, there are more contrasts than comparisons between the anime and the actual cinematic release. The characters weren't the same, the lore wasn't the same, everything was wrong. M. Night has taken one of the best story lines and ruined it, thanks for crushing such a great franchise you bastard. Not only was everything wrong, but the movie wasn't good, it was actually terrible, the acting was atrocious, the execution was just a mess, the script was abysmal. This movie just infuriates me. Even if you haven't seen the anime or any anime, you will relate to us anime fanatics by hating this movie. Expand
  90. Jul 15, 2013
    Thank God he was the last one, let's just hope there's no prequel in the works. Hopefully Midnight Shazam will have enough common(sixth)sense to actually think about what might make an interesting film after his appalling run of garbage. I seriously doubt it to be honest and I can see people of the future being awarded the Midnight Shazam award for utter rubbish at The Golden Raspberries.
  91. Jul 25, 2013
    The Last Airbender was a complete and utter travesty. With a solid fan-base nothing could go wrong, right? Wrong. Shyamalan was handed pure gold with this film, but his lack of experience in action directing resulted in a film soiled by terrible adaptation, acting, directing, and shoddy special effects. If they do decide to go on with the trilogy with M. Night at the helms, it could beThe Last Airbender was a complete and utter travesty. With a solid fan-base nothing could go wrong, right? Wrong. Shyamalan was handed pure gold with this film, but his lack of experience in action directing resulted in a film soiled by terrible adaptation, acting, directing, and shoddy special effects. If they do decide to go on with the trilogy with M. Night at the helms, it could be good night for The Last Airbender legacy. Expand
  92. Nov 6, 2013
    Oh no, i hope there isn't a sequel. Too cheesy CGI, and boring dialog. Don't watch this movie, unless you get to watch it for free. The only thing good was the story, but that can't save it.
  93. Oct 25, 2013
    This movie gets a lot of bad rap because:
    1) It wasn't as good as the series, not even close.
    2) They pronounce the names wrong (even if Shyamalan thought he had good reasoning) 3) They screwed up uncle iroh 4) They screwed up the way people are supposed to firebend. But despite this the movie still managed to entertain me and if you are a fan of the series, seeing live action bending
    This movie gets a lot of bad rap because:
    1) It wasn't as good as the series, not even close.
    3) They screwed up uncle iroh
    4) They screwed up the way people are supposed to firebend.
    But despite this the movie still managed to entertain me and if you are a fan of the series, seeing live action bending fights really made the movie worth watching.
  94. May 25, 2014
    Not so sure how M. Night Shyamalan dropped the ball on this one but i guess his last couple movies before were not that great either so i couldn't expect anything else. I seen the the trailer for this when i was at the movie theater not sure what movie i was seeing. Anyways it wasn't that bad of a trailer i was kinda hyped for it. Then it came out and was just slammed by critics and fansNot so sure how M. Night Shyamalan dropped the ball on this one but i guess his last couple movies before were not that great either so i couldn't expect anything else. I seen the the trailer for this when i was at the movie theater not sure what movie i was seeing. Anyways it wasn't that bad of a trailer i was kinda hyped for it. Then it came out and was just slammed by critics and fans so i just never got around to watching it.

Just about a week ago i finished watching the television series fully for the first time and wow this film is nothing like the show. while this movie is only based off of (book one: water) They had changed so much it left me wondering how they thought they could do better then the already existing source material. With changing the pronunciation of some characters names to even changing the where some of the story is based at.

The acting just makes it even worse with emotionless expressions and horrible dialog that doesn't get better throughout it's just painful to watch. The pace of the film was just terrible to say the lest felt like the story was being rushed and it was just making me mad. I was 50 minutes into the film and it felt like i knew nothing about any of the characters the connection between all of the characters was nothing like it was in the show.

Overrall this film was JUST HORRIBLE i give it a 0.1 i don't plan to watch this movie ever again in fact im sticking it in my box of old movies to give away because this is just unforgivable M. Knight will never come back from ruining this masterful television show
  95. Aug 21, 2013
    Absolute sht. This was definitely the worst movie I have ever watched. Poorly executed and terrible acting, just everything was wrong with this movie.
  96. Sep 24, 2013
    No... Just no.. If you are a fan of the TV series "The Last Airbender" then this movie should have severely pissed you off. It left out a ton of storyline, characters, and 75% of the journey the characters took! It even ended on a severe cliff hanger which should have even pissed even non-fans off! And to make matters worse, there is NOT going to be another movie! Apparently, the directorNo... Just no.. If you are a fan of the TV series "The Last Airbender" then this movie should have severely pissed you off. It left out a ton of storyline, characters, and 75% of the journey the characters took! It even ended on a severe cliff hanger which should have even pissed even non-fans off! And to make matters worse, there is NOT going to be another movie! Apparently, the director intended on covering the whole story, just in sections, but ended up not having the funds to do so! If you're going to cover a interesting series like The Last Airbender, then actually FINISH IT! Expand
  97. Nov 26, 2013
    I honestly don't think an actual movie can get as bad as this one. It has terrible acting, a terrible script, cheesy effects, and missing out on some of the most important parts of the show. They even changed most of the names and the way the people bend their elements. Although this isn't the worst one I've seen, it sure is close to it.
  98. Jun 24, 2014
    With "The Last Airbender", M.Night Shyamalan sends a clear message to all fans of his former thrilling, dense direction (The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable) all over the world: "Stop watching my movie"
  99. Apr 20, 2014
    A disgrace. The show this movie was based on was pure entertainment tinged with a gripping coming-of-age story, characters you wanted to be real, and some of the best animated combat ever. This is an empty vessel of plot, explanation, and exposition, with special effects that rarely pop and inexperienced child actors that make you feel as if you're watching an elementary school play. It'sA disgrace. The show this movie was based on was pure entertainment tinged with a gripping coming-of-age story, characters you wanted to be real, and some of the best animated combat ever. This is an empty vessel of plot, explanation, and exposition, with special effects that rarely pop and inexperienced child actors that make you feel as if you're watching an elementary school play. It's a terrible movie and an insulting adaption of one of the best TV shows out there. M. Night is a butcher. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    This is all enormously disappointing, of course, since the best we could hope for from a live-action "Avatar" adaptation is the mind-blowing equivalent of our first encounters with wire-fu, rather than this cartoony nonsense.
  2. The movie is "Star Wars" with martial arts, plus a touch of "The Last Emperor." Technically, it's not badly done; I enjoyed the physical clash of elements, the water balls rising like sculpture in the air.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Bowles
    He hasn't mastered the craft yet, but M. Night Shyamalan may be on to something with this action-movie thing.