2.7

1. Jul 29, 2014
    ....................../´¯/) ....................,/¯../ .................../..../ ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸ ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯ ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...') ..........................'...../ ..........''............. _.·´ ..........................( .............................. This is what I think of this film. It is honestly the worst film I've ever seen. I disrespects the lore so much it makes me want to vomit (I mean come on! They couldn't even pronounce Aang or Sokka's name right?!), the acting is cringe-worthy all the way through, and the effects would have hardly been passable in 2006. This film is poorly directed, poorly written, poorly edited, and poorly acted. Expand
  2. Jul 21, 2014
    Literally the worst movie I have ever seen. I absolutely love the series and to see it chewed up and **** out makes me sick. The list goes on and on. Horrible Acting. Horrible Casting. Horrible Writing. Horrible Effects. The whole thing was just one big crap fest. I expected better from M. Night Shayamalan. The movie was littered with so many inaccuracies that I didn't even want to finish it. I stopped watching after 20 minutes. It was the biggest waste of money ever. I am truly disappointed and I swear that If there is a sequel I will lose all faith in humanity. And for all of those who loved the movie with out ever seeing the show I have two things to say to you.
    1. Watch the damn show.
    2. If you still like the movie please just stop breathing because when you breathe air is wasted. And air shouldn't be wasted on a low life like you.
  3. Jul 1, 2014
    Awful, just awful. It is so bad you'll want to never watch an M. Night Shymalan movie ever again. The only thing redeemable about this disaster is that it never made enough money in order to make a sequel.

All in all, you're way better off watching the show, which is absolutely outstanding despite my low level of familiarity with it.
  4. Jun 24, 2014
    This is my least favorite movie. I'm not saying its the worst movie ever made, its just the movie I hate the most. I loved the TV show and M. Night RUINED it. I just want to stop talking about this because it hurts to even think about it.
  5. Jun 24, 2014
    With "The Last Airbender", M.Night Shyamalan sends a clear message to all fans of his former thrilling, dense direction (The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable) all over the world: "Stop watching my movie"
  6. Jun 14, 2014
    I don't know what the hell is up with Shyamalan recently. I think The Last Airbender is a career killer for sure and to that I'd say good luck making more crappy movies. Adding insult to injury, I hated this movie and After Earth as well. I found The Last Airbender guilty for laughable bad acting (including Dev Petel's awful performance), lame CGI effects, tasteless plot segments, no character development, and a blatant excuse of storytelling that none of the fans from the TV series "Avatar: The Last Airbender" couldn't find the film actually makes sense. It's true that the series have ended for 4 seasons, but I hope Nickelodeon should stick to family-oriented movies and promised they should not and will not make a "Legend of Korra" movie. There's no way in hell I'm going to see another rotten attempt by Moron Night Shyamalan ever again. Bar none, The Last Airbender is one of the worst movies that your mom just warned you about. Expand
  7. Jun 7, 2014
    Take the beloved Avatar series and take away all of it's humor to become a horrible adaptation.

This is one of the worst adaptations of all time, while the entire story happens in front of you, you will never be invested into what is going on, you will never care for the main characters to get out of their predicaments, you will never look forward to see what is going to happen next,
    you will simply be looking at the screen trying to figure out what is going on and wandering "what's", "why's" and "how's" to the point of absolute boredom because is not even funny... and you wanna know why? because there is NO humanity in this movie; all the characters talk like robots, the passing is warped, the writing is moronic and there is no directing... like there was nobody telling the actors what they had to do, they where pretty much just reading out the lines on the script...

The animated series is full of adventure, personality, color and fun that this movie never shows anywhere, there is no love and passion for this movie at all... is just a bad movie, plain and simple...
  8. May 25, 2014
    Not so sure how M. Night Shyamalan dropped the ball on this one but i guess his last couple movies before were not that great either so i couldn't expect anything else. I seen the the trailer for this when i was at the movie theater not sure what movie i was seeing. Anyways it wasn't that bad of a trailer i was kinda hyped for it. Then it came out and was just slammed by critics and fans so i just never got around to watching it.

Just about a week ago i finished watching the television series fully for the first time and wow this film is nothing like the show. while this movie is only based off of (book one: water) They had changed so much it left me wondering how they thought they could do better then the already existing source material. With changing the pronunciation of some characters names to even changing the where some of the story is based at.

The acting just makes it even worse with emotionless expressions and horrible dialog that doesn't get better throughout it's just painful to watch. The pace of the film was just terrible to say the lest felt like the story was being rushed and it was just making me mad. I was 50 minutes into the film and it felt like i knew nothing about any of the characters the connection between all of the characters was nothing like it was in the show.

Overrall this film was JUST HORRIBLE i give it a 0.1 i don't plan to watch this movie ever again in fact im sticking it in my box of old movies to give away because this is just unforgivable M. Knight will never come back from ruining this masterful television show
  9. May 24, 2014
    The movie is great. I really liked the whole sequence, the story is very well told. The script and the acting of the actors are excellent and let the desire to have a following.
  10. May 15, 2014
    This movie may be appealing for lower state of mind but for all others it is boring and an insult to the real Avatar: The Last Airbender and it's fans. Everything about this movie is terrible. Avoid at all costs.
  11. May 12, 2014
    This is honestly the worst movie you will ever watch in your entire life most likely.

The movie features horrendous acting, bad plot, cheesy special effects... The list goes on and on.

I did watch the show, and found it to be one of the best family/kid shows out there. It was entertaining, funny... it was well done. So when I finally saw The Last Airbender, I thought I was going to
    love it. I heard it was bad, but I figured I would give it the benefit of the doubt.

....
    I don't even know how to describe it. It's like watching a train wreck that happened 50 years ago. It doesnt get worse and worse, it's so bad from the start, that even though it does get "worse and worse" you don't even notice it because your so bored. Even the action in the movie is terrible. The "bending" is crap, everything about it is crap.

The only reason I gave it 1 instead of 0 is because it's entertaining to make fun of, and it's special effects aren't 0 worthy.

Honestly, I suggest watching it if you have nothing better to do. Then you can make fun of it, which I guess is fun.
  12. Apr 21, 2014
    I don't think it is as bad as everyone says it is but still nothing good at all. I thought the beginning of the movie was ok introducing everything that part was entertaining enough. And then I thought it started going down hill from there with a couple memorable scenes until the end of the movie. Still not a good movie but not one of the worst either.
  13. Apr 20, 2014
    A disgrace. The show this movie was based on was pure entertainment tinged with a gripping coming-of-age story, characters you wanted to be real, and some of the best animated combat ever. This is an empty vessel of plot, explanation, and exposition, with special effects that rarely pop and inexperienced child actors that make you feel as if you're watching an elementary school play. It's a terrible movie and an insulting adaption of one of the best TV shows out there. M. Night is a butcher. Expand
  14. Feb 6, 2014
    A disgrace to a show that clearly knew how to be awesome, and a disgrace to cinema all together. The last airbender is without a doubt the worst movie I've ever seen.
  15. Jan 28, 2014
    I genuinely think that this movie is not as absolutely unbearable and completely full of **** as most people make it out to be. But it is undeniably bad. Nominating Dev Patel for a Golden Razzie was very harsh but overall the acting is atrocious. Mainly due to the title character Aang played by Noah Ringer. How the hell did he even get through the audition process with a face which looks constantly surprised and in pain at the same time. Pretty much everyone else with the exception of Dev Patel (who is alright) is bad, but not to the point of self harm like Noah Ringer. Reading other reviews most people claim that the cheesy dialogue is the worst thing about the whole movie, I have to admit I agree with them all. Sure it isn't Tommy Wiseau's The Room, but damn this is written by the same guy who directed The Sixth Sense. What the **** happened? Out of every second of The Last Airbender which I watched the only above average and enjoyable aspect of it was Zuko's storyline (Dev Patel). Maybe if I could be bothered to watch the anime TV series it might be better, I hate to admit it but I actually thought his banishment was pretty cool. However the last scene (which is only in there for the minute chance of a sequel) they totally ruin it and attempt to bring in even more family conflict to create drama. Every attempt at drama in the movie fails though, I did not care one bit about the bull**** love story between Sokka and Yue (who's penis haircut was the best part of the movie). Overall M.Night Shyamalan really should have made the movie much less crap for it to be enjoyable. I have never summarised a movie so bluntly before. Expand
  16. Jan 12, 2014
    Just awful. Not only does M. Night Shamalamadingdong completely butcher everything good about the tv show like the epic large scale fight scenes involving powerful benders battling it out with great direction and technique (Now just floating bits of rock shot at people that could easily have been thrown more effectively), the developed characters (there is no emotion in this film, everything we hear anyone say is monotone back story, due to fact they tried to fit 500 minutes of plot from the first season of Avatar into a 90 minute movie) and the beautiful world you want to explore with these characters on their adventure (the setting just feels uninspired as **** no effort went into replicating the amazing detail of the show's world), he also shows how awful he is at directing fight scenes (they are seriously boring and drawn out), casts some of the worst child actors ever to grace the big screen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbi7xUd5TPc *sigh*) and fails to record some sound and light his scenes properly! This is a disgrace to the tv show and films in general, whoever gave this production the thumbs up was probably the same person who approved Dragon Ball Evolution. Avoid this at all costs. Expand
  17. Jan 9, 2014
    Aside from the visuals, everything about this movie is terrible and is a big middle finger to us moviegoers and fans from the show. Do not see this movies at all.
  18. Jan 6, 2014
    Um dos filmes trágicos do cinema
  19. Jan 5, 2014
    Wow was this movie a disappointment! The whole movie felt rushed! I think that was the biggest problem with the Last Airbender. This should be made into a series so they can get into the story better, but instead everything is thrown into one movie. If this movie is the first time you`re learning about these characters you will not care for them.I use to watch the show and that was so much better on every level. The Trailer sure got me excited, but man did it fail.I guess if you have no expectations it is an alright movie, but for the rest of us it fails hard! Expand
  20. Jan 2, 2014
    Avatar: The Last Airbender is a great TV show one of the best cartoons I have ever seen. This movie is terrible. Fans of the show will hate the film. The movie rushes through the plot only featuring the beginning and finale of the show and one or two moments in between. The acting is terrible with a lot of bad actors and underdeveloped characters that are nothing like those from the show. Additionally, various character names are mispronounced, which is insulting to the fans of the show. The effects and action are decent at times but for the most part it looks stupid. Even if you don’t watch the show you will dislike this movie. There is no substance in terms of story or characters. If you haven’t seen the show this movie will confuse you because you will not understand what you just watched and why this show is popular. If you haven’t seen the movie yet avoid it at all costs. This is an awful movie with almost nothing good about. The show offers nothing in terms of characters and story, which will piss off die hard fans and confuse non-viewers. This movie is garbage and I am grateful that the other two season were not given movies. Expand
  21. Dec 27, 2013
    An absolutely terrible movie, The Last Airbender takes the first season of a decent kids show and makes it into a mess of horrible acting and confusing plot that makes the movie completely unlikeable by newbies and more than disappointing for fans of the series, having watched it with the former and been the latter. However, the saddest part of this film might be that it takes itself so seriously. In the end, it deserves ever Razzie it got. Expand
  22. Dec 25, 2013
    None of the movie made any sense and lack everything that made the tv series special. It even pronounced the names wrong (Ang was pronounced "Ung" and Saka was pronounced "Soaka"). In a nutshell, I want it to be eradicated from the face of the earth!
  23. Nov 26, 2013
    I honestly don't think an actual movie can get as bad as this one. It has terrible acting, a terrible script, cheesy effects, and missing out on some of the most important parts of the show. They even changed most of the names and the way the people bend their elements. Although this isn't the worst one I've seen, it sure is close to it.
  24. Nov 14, 2013
    I saw the midnight showing with a group or hardcore friends and fellow fans. The audience was actually laughing throughout that movie at just how bad it was. The only thing that this film has going for it, is the special effects. Thats it. Its bad. Stay away.
  25. Nov 13, 2013
    What kind of awful crap was this? "The Last Airbender" is surely one of the dullest ever made in the history of filmmaking. I would recommend you to buy a pack of chips rather than pay for this boring and ridiculous junk. Also, if you have seen this in 3-D, this is probably the worst use of 3-D ever.
  26. Nov 7, 2013
    The cartoon was the best cartoon EVER, and I'm not exaggerating. I saw the movie about a year ago and it got on my Top 15 favourite movie list. I understand everyone has an opinion of their own, but I think anyone giving this a 0 by comparing it to the cartoon is completely overreacting. Whatever Shayamalan did was NOT a big deal. The soundtrack, bending effects, and scenery were so beautiful and felt like the cartoon if it was in real life. Sokka didn't need a different name, nor did Aang, but Noah Ringer looks like an "Ahng" to me. So hate me, I loved watching "The Last Airbender." Expand
  27. Nov 6, 2013
    Oh no, i hope there isn't a sequel. Too cheesy CGI, and boring dialog. Don't watch this movie, unless you get to watch it for free. The only thing good was the story, but that can't save it.
  28. Nov 4, 2013
    This is the Worst Movie of 2012 and 2011 nobody should ever see this movie the acting is horrible and the story is the dumbest story ever heard in a long time since 2006 NO BODY SHOULD SEE THIS MOVIE.
  29. Oct 25, 2013
    This movie gets a lot of bad rap because: 1) It wasn't as good as the series, not even close. 2) They pronounce the names wrong (even if Shyamalan thought he had good reasoning) 3) They screwed up uncle iroh 4) They screwed up the way people are supposed to firebend. But despite this the movie still managed to entertain me and if you are a fan of the series, seeing live action bending fights really made the movie worth watching. Expand
  30. Oct 22, 2013
    Not as bad as I heard it was, maybe because I haven't seen the show. Leaving that aside, the movie is just painfully mediocre, the potential is there and the CGI was great, its just not used well enough.

1. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    This is all enormously disappointing, of course, since the best we could hope for from a live-action "Avatar" adaptation is the mind-blowing equivalent of our first encounters with wire-fu, rather than this cartoony nonsense.
  2. The movie is "Star Wars" with martial arts, plus a touch of "The Last Emperor." Technically, it's not badly done; I enjoyed the physical clash of elements, the water balls rising like sculpture in the air.
  3. Reviewed by: Scott Bowles
    He hasn't mastered the craft yet, but M. Night Shyamalan may be on to something with this action-movie thing.