The Last Days on Mars

5.5

1. Oct 13, 2014
    The Last Days on Mars is sporadically suspenseful but with wooden acting, lame dialogue and a predictable plot, it offers just a pale imitation of similar horror+sci-fi flicks done better.
  2. Nov 10, 2014
  3. Dec 21, 2013
    The movie is kind of a mess. With a beginning and an end but no middle, nothing is explained. The movie seemed to have an interesting premise but was clearly rushed.
  4. Jan 20, 2015
    The Last Days on Mars is a decent sci-fi horror flick. The movie finds itself rooted somewhere between art-house trappings and ultra-derivative schlock. It doesn't help that the characters are wafer thin or that the one subplot (involving a fear of claustrophobia) is left vague and confusing. What makes this movie decent, however, is the art and sound design. It's very well made and hasThe Last Days on Mars is a decent sci-fi horror flick. The movie finds itself rooted somewhere between art-house trappings and ultra-derivative schlock. It doesn't help that the characters are wafer thin or that the one subplot (involving a fear of claustrophobia) is left vague and confusing. What makes this movie decent, however, is the art and sound design. It's very well made and has some great chunky special effects. Ultimately, The Last Days on Mars is a harmless yet enjoyable bit of popcorn sci-fi. Expand
  5. Sep 4, 2014
    Outstanding science fiction set becomes remedial zombiesque romp to nowhere with a no hope ending thrown in fer kicks. I don't know about you but I don't think films like this are good enough to ask people to pay money to see them. I saw it free streaming on the web and I wasn't entirely pleased with it either. I did think the sets were really well done-just like I imagine it would be on aOutstanding science fiction set becomes remedial zombiesque romp to nowhere with a no hope ending thrown in fer kicks. I don't know about you but I don't think films like this are good enough to ask people to pay money to see them. I saw it free streaming on the web and I wasn't entirely pleased with it either. I did think the sets were really well done-just like I imagine it would be on a Mars mission. I was also very disappointed to watch it degenerate into what was tantamount to a mindless zombie film that might as well have been shot behind an abandoned gas stain in Arizona. Dismal no hope ending didn't help matters much. No wonder there is a lot of depression out there these days-these kind of movies will take you right down the rabbit hole but after that they do they don't offer any reprise which I think sucks royally. I gave it a five rather than the three it probably deserves due to the excellent set work. Expand
  6. Jul 12, 2015
    Um bom filme de Sci-fi: Mas apenas isto.
    Não há elementos que realmente te prendam na história (ok, há boas cenas) mas em certa parte se torna, digamos, meio morno, parecendo que só está rolando uma repetição de fatores que já foram apresentados ao expectador antes. Nada impressionante

1. Reviewed by: Richard Jordan
    Apr 7, 2014
    A taut, tense yet hugely indebted debut, Ruairí Robinson’s survival horror manages to break free from its low-budget limitations but is hamstrung by its own love of the genre.
  2. Reviewed by: William Thomas
    Apr 7, 2014
    A sci-fi horror dimmer than the dark side of the moon.
  3. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Dec 24, 2013
    The Last Days on Mars isn’t a disaster. Robinson, in fact, shows some promise. It’s just not much of anything, a movie ultimately as barren as the landscape on which it takes place.