6.1

1. Sep 16, 2010
    Very very smart and original. And fun. And creepy. The first horror movie I've ever seen where I actually believed the main characters' behavior. And when we thought about it later, more and more pieces fit together. We loved it.
  2. Oct 5, 2011
    Amazing performance by all those involved. The movie was hilarious at times, horrific at other times, and made you think about the debate between religion and science. This movie fits in one of my favorites now.
  3. Jan 23, 2011
    This film is very smart in the I-Phone kinda way. It is very progressive, addresses many different views about how people see the Christian church, and scares you in the process. If you're looking to see a horror film look somewhere else. If you want to see a good movie watch this!
  4. Jun 4, 2013
    Really powerful and enjoyable, it has good scenes of possession, the 2nd best exorcism since "The Exorcist" it is smart and original, a scary PG-13 feast, the acting is great and intense, this is a true horror movie without tons of blood and sex, it is horror at its best
  5. Aug 15, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I originally wrote this one off and didn't bother watching it when it came out because all "found footage" films are the same but this one was awesome. While I didn't find it scary, I found it really interesting and enthralling. The lead character, the fallen preacher who lost his faith and sees that all he once thought was bogus is real, was fantastic to watch. His performance carries the film and, when you add that to the interesting journey the preacher takes, you have a film that, despite not having any real scares, is pretty entertaining. Expand

The shock ending isn't all that shocking if you're a fan of genre films, but it's nonetheless effective despite the fact that it sidesteps several key questions. Never mind: It's hellishly fun.
    The Last Exorcism is one of those rare films where the marketing campaign is more interesting than the film it publicizes.
    The more hellish the story gets, the sillier and less involving the movie becomes.