6.1

1. Oct 15, 2010
    It was a very interesting movie with awesome acting and a great plot. Though lacking a little atmosphere and suspense, i'd say it's a good movie overall.
  2. MikeJ
    Apr 10, 2009
    I was on the edge of my seat with this one. I loved it!
  3. AndrewO
    Mar 14, 2009
    I don't understand why this score is so low. I thought LHOTL was a great movie, superior to all modern horror flicks. It was the most intense movie, and it was beautifully shot. See it!!!
  4. MattE
    Aug 12, 2009
    I liked it. The shock horror genre gets a bad rep from stupid sequels like Saw 2-5 and Hostel 2. It still ranks way higher than crap like G.I. Hoe and the Gayformers. Remakes of awsome classics can only get better with modern camera quality and the looser restrictions on gore and violence. Not only that but what guy doesn't like a good boob shot every couple of minutes?
  5. MirandaH
    Aug 29, 2009
    This movie was pretty good. But it also was pretty messed up. If your queezy I would not recommend This movie for you. Little kids should defenitly not watch it either!
  6. JaneR
    Mar 21, 2009
    Not as good as the original but still effective.
  7. ConnorB
    Aug 26, 2009
    I was rather pleased after seeing this remake for the first time; it was a decent movie with some great performances from a believable cast, a great soundtrack from John Murphy (who also wrote the score for one of my favourite films, 28 Days Later), and it stayed pretty accurate to the source material. Everybody should already be familiar with the plot of The Last House on the Left. The I was rather pleased after seeing this remake for the first time; it was a decent movie with some great performances from a believable cast, a great soundtrack from John Murphy (who also wrote the score for one of my favourite films, 28 Days Later), and it stayed pretty accurate to the source material. Everybody should already be familiar with the plot of The Last House on the Left. The original is a horror classic, and a must-see, although its sheer explicit nature means it didn't become available uncut in the UK until last year. The remake is nowhere near as explicit in either the violence or the rape sequence; the latter was extraordinarily disgusting, but I admire the filmmakers for making it so. Too often do we see some pretty dumb girl raped in the woods and somebody in the cinema will shout "dumb bitch had it coming!" Nothing like this happened with The Last House on the Left. Like I said, a very believable cast managed to make the audience connect with the characters in a sympathetic way. As for the plot, yes, some things have changed (apart from the names, I mean.) Some characters that live died in the original, and vice versa. Give the new director some creative license, people! This is HIS movie, not Wes Craven's. Give the director a chance to experiment with what is his to make. Additionally, a comment to Golder, who walked out of the cinema once the rape scene commenced: if you were so excited to see this because it was "Wes Cracen producing (or shadowing) what was his original creation back in the 1970's", then you should have already been aware that Wes Craven's original 1972 Last House on the Left contained an even more explicit rape scene, and that the classification information for the film warns that there is a scene of rape. If it's something that offends you so much, look it up first. A decent film, strong acting, good direction... I give it a 7. Expand
  8. jason
    Mar 14, 2009
    This movie is absolutely the most intense and brutal thing Ive ever seen. At the same time it is entirely believable. Its not really a horror movie but a really intense drama. The acting was prefect, every actor just displayed crazy depth of emotion. Although if you cant tolerate serious rape/death scenes then this isn't the movie for you.
  9. EmanouelK
    Mar 19, 2009
    I found the remake to be within the same principle to the original cult classic. The acting was great, the direction was superior, the cinematography was on point and the score complemented the tension and eerieness of the whole film.
  10. Brandi
    Sep 12, 2009
    Good Movie, great actors. very intense, not too scary more of an action packed suspense. HOWEVER I watched this last night, and still feel sick about the rape scene. Very detailed, and WAY too long, My fiance and I watched this, and we both felt the same regarding that scene. If you get past that, it is a great movie.
  11. Aug 12, 2011
    I really liked this movie. I know that the original is a cult classic, but I could never sit through the first half hour. For those that cannot stomach the original, this is a good alternate. Casting, plot, and set are well done.
  12. Jun 22, 2013
    I haven't seen the original one but The last house on the left was not such a bad film. It had a good plot and the actors were good. It had suspense and violence. It was not like a good classic thriller but it was much better than other horror films these days.
  13. Feb 14, 2014
    An effective home invasion film which in my opinion is better than the first. However the content is brutal, sadistic, and at times difficult to watch. Iliadis really does create a heart pounding thriller worthy of being watched.
  14. Nov 23, 2014
    I watched this film without watching the original film. Just another remake based on a 1970's classic. I'd watch the first one before watching this adaptation.
  15. Jan 10, 2015
    I haven't seen this in a couple years, so my memory of it was a little fuzzy. Now I know that it was far better than I expected. A huge improvement to the original was a consistently dark atmosphere. In Wes Craven's version, it felt silly at times, namely the scenes with the cops and the whole "Willow" stuff. This remake was also a lot more intense and suspenseful, and the danger felt aI haven't seen this in a couple years, so my memory of it was a little fuzzy. Now I know that it was far better than I expected. A huge improvement to the original was a consistently dark atmosphere. In Wes Craven's version, it felt silly at times, namely the scenes with the cops and the whole "Willow" stuff. This remake was also a lot more intense and suspenseful, and the danger felt a lot more real. The ending may somewhat blunt the movie's overall effect, but, hey, how often do you get that sort of ending in a horror movie? The rape scene was very difficult to sit through because it was so long and realistic, which is my only real complaint. If you had to choose to watch the original or the remake, I would go with the remake because it's a lot more thrilling, and it's far superior to Wes Craven's version overall. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Nick Pinkerton
    This new House tries to sustain a grave, heavy sense of threat. It fails, through its villainy.
  2. This remake is merely vile (and dull).
    The wheels fall off toward the end but, until that point, Illiadis does an excellent job of generating and maintaining an intense sense of dread.