New Line Cinema | Release Date: March 23, 2007
5.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 54 Ratings
WATCH NOW
TimHJul 19, 2009
What struck me as particularly strange about Mimzy is how dated certain aspects of the script feel: environmental fear mongering, Palmistry, New Age meditation, technological paranoia, cliched character archetypes... had this movie been What struck me as particularly strange about Mimzy is how dated certain aspects of the script feel: environmental fear mongering, Palmistry, New Age meditation, technological paranoia, cliched character archetypes... had this movie been released in 1984 instead of 2007, it still would have been perfectly intelligible to an audience and might have fared better among critics (had the acting been better). As it stands, Mimzy fails to impress. Expand
MattK.Jul 11, 2007
I think this movie works best as a campy, pseudo- horror flick for kids. Instead of E.T. or Close Encounters for middle schoolers, like the exorcist for kids. frickin crazy and ends fairly unsatisfying, but its a fun crazy ride.
fredbJul 16, 2007
this movie was cute but lacked very much entertainment. The acting was pretty poor at times and there was no point in the film were you felt at the edge of your seat.
[Anonymous]Mar 24, 2007
I cannot see this movie having any success because it is simply flop material. C-Class Actors and a terrible plot make this one a forgettable and boring film for 2007. Means nothing.