4.6

1. Dec 30, 2011
    The Last Song was supposed to be an actually good Nicholas Sparks film, but Miley Cyrus's just awful and ugly performance ruins the story's potential and it ended up being way too sentimental for me. And it tries to make you cry too hard. I give this movie 8%.
  2. Aug 27, 2010
    This was the worst movie I have seen this year....for anyone who has read the book..very good book btw...the movie changed so many facts from the book that I spent most of the time saying "hey, that never happened"...the acting was just so-so....if you enjoy looking at attractive people in angst and in love but you don't care if the story flows or that it is logical..than this movie is for you..however, for anyone who wants a great story..than just pick up the book..it was sooooooooo much better than the movie...I don't usually rate the movies I see but I felt really strongly about how bad this movie sucked...anyone who has actually read the book will have to agree. Expand
  3. Mar 18, 2011
    Typical Sparks story. Girl meets boy, they fall in love unrealistically fast, then tragedy strikes, yanking cheap sobs out of you. My first complaint about this movie is Miley Cyrus. Sparks says he wrote the screen play and the novel for her, which makes me question his sanity. With Cyrus doing the best she can to deliver the completely over the top typical-teen lines, it's just painful to watch. Then, when she meets Will (played by Liam Hemsworth) she is first cold to him, but then after going on one date with him she is all of a sudden in love with him - it didn't really make sense. This movie moves way too fast, I didn't even feel like I got to know the characters by the time the film was over(Although by the expression Cyrus's character wore on her face the entire time, I'm not sure I would want to) and it moves from scene to scene in an extremely choppy manner. Not even Greg Kinnear could save this tragedy of a film. Expand
  4. Oct 11, 2011
    Is not only the in necessary sentimentality, everything in this movie is just wrong, Miley Cyrus performance is horrible, the story is just boring and exaggerated, it only makes conclude that if a movie draws attention only by an actor then is not really a movie is just a long lasting advertising
  5. Aug 17, 2010
    I have no idea why so many people are so into this movie! Ok I like the plot but the movie was just plain horrible! The only person i give respect to in this movie is Greg Kinnear! Miley Cyrus's acting! To be honest all I could see from her was a girl putting a sad face on. The thing about actors and actresses these days. They get payed a lot of money and they should be making us believe that she is angry, believe that she is sad, BELIEVE that she is BROKEN! during the entire movie I never felt her trying to tell us that she is a broken girl.
    The film itself is was the same same predictable thing with this happening and that happening. This film really disappointed me. I really thought that this could be a break for the leading actress but now I am just seeing a girl with a pretty face who is getting paid a lot of money for wasting our time!
  6. Sep 1, 2010
    Miley Cyrus absolutely ruined the movie for me. I read the plot and thought I would give it a chance, the plot was fine, Miley's acting however...made me uninterested and not able to connect with the film.
  7. Oct 9, 2010
    "Miley Cyrus Puts in a good effort and has a good personality , but she can not take on a lead like this , this is your basic , weepy , melodramatic , love story , but the movie has a script, and good supporting work and i did feel emotion towards the end" .. C
  8. May 29, 2011
    The movie it has a interesting story, but i expected more than that, it's a american romance like those basics clichés. Liked the act of Bobby Coleman, he did a good job, but Miley She needs to act normally and practise to get better, she looked so weird all the movie.
  9. Aug 2, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Miley Cyrus stars in this movie full of bad acting. Basically, she meets her father, feels like she's about to kill him when she discovers he has cancer and he never told her about a month later, she breaks up with her boyfriend because he's a chick magnet, her rage over her father grows excruciatingly, then all of a sudden her father dies and she suddenly feels sorry for him and decides to beat on her boyfriend in a PG rated fashion in her PMS-ic anger. Did I mention the acting is awful? Expand
  10. Jul 28, 2011
    This movie tries too hard to make you cry, and ends up falling flat with terrible and over-dramatic acting. And Miley Cyrus is the worst casted star in the history of movies.
  11. Aug 18, 2012
    This film is just another horrible Nicholas Sparks movie,it has bad performances by Hemsworth and Cyrus and a bad direction,Sparks shows again that he is one of the worst writers of all time.

It’s not a great film, with some edge Sparks put in the novel left out of the script. But there’s real chemistry between the young lovers and an old fashioned virtue to the father-daughter, father-daughter’s boyfriend scenes.
  2. I can’t recall ever squirming as much as I did during Ronnie and Will’s first kiss; shiny, buff Hemsworth looks like he’s locking lips with an Andy Hardy–era Mickey Rooney in a wig.
    A movie that is as stuffed with bogus feeling and overwrought incident as a fast-food burrito.