8.2

1. Feb 8, 2014
    Easily the best movie of 2014, The lego movie offers fresh animation, awesome puns and many famous actors such as Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman... I recommend this movie for immediate watch.
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Expand
  3. Feb 8, 2014
    The LEGO Movie took me completely by surprise and blew my socks off. By all rights, it had no right to be good, as it seemed like a complete complete cosh cow movie. But somehow, it turned out to be the one of the most imaginative and fun movies for the whole family that takes a twist into straight up meta commentary by the end. The big thing that makes the movie run so well, apart fromThe LEGO Movie took me completely by surprise and blew my socks off. By all rights, it had no right to be good, as it seemed like a complete complete cosh cow movie. But somehow, it turned out to be the one of the most imaginative and fun movies for the whole family that takes a twist into straight up meta commentary by the end. The big thing that makes the movie run so well, apart from the really fast comedy coming at you most of the time, comes from the fact that it is, in fact, a LEGO movie, thus everything is based around LEGO physics, motion, and logic. This leads to a lot of jokes and clever use of the set pieces, which I mean quite literally. Honestly, I don’t think the movie would have worked if it took itself completely seriously, but since the plot runs on complete irony, that’s not a problem. Oh, and the acting is superb too, including Charlie Day, who I never would have recognized were it not for the credits. I’m not sure if anyone who hasn’t played with LEGOs or had a kid who did so would enjoy this movie as much apart from the subtle adult jokes that would slip past the kids, but maybe they could. It’s one of the most upbeat, charming, grin-inducing movies that I’ve seen in a while and I think it deserves a watch. Go out and feel like a kid again. Expand
  4. Feb 7, 2014
    Undeniably one of the best animations of 2014 yet, The Lego Movie uses numerous plot twists, pop culture references, satirical jokes, and charming characters, it is the movie that can be tied with PIxar's Toy Story. Every kid who plays Lego toys will surely enjoy this entertainment full length CGi movie, and it can also delight adults and older teenagers.

It's box office performance

It's box office performance will surely rose higher than Toy Story and can become a mega hit blockbuster because The Lego Movie is a funny comic relief like Disney's Frozen intended to become.
  5. Feb 8, 2014
    Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!
  6. Feb 8, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most frantic movies I have ever seen, but also one of the most creative and funny. It is filled with charm, intelligent humor, and more importantly heart.

The writing is incredibly strong. There are a lot if play on words and unpredictable moments that really surprise the viewers. I love the themes about conformity and being special. It’s quit unique as it says that anyone can be special regardless of their creativity or need to be different.

The characters Vitruvious, Lucy, Batman, and Lord Business are all great. Their voice actors do a great job and they deliver their jokes perfectly. Emmet is the main character and probably the best because he is so relatable and a very atypical hero. There isn’t anything really special about him, but he’s a great every man and Chris Pratt brings the right amount of humanity and charm to the role.

The animation is beautiful and incredibly creative. There are a lot of great sight gags and visual effects. I really lije the stop motion look the movie achieves even though the first few minutes are jarring.

Overall, “Everything is Awesome” and this a beautifully crafted and intelligently written film that packs the right amount of humor and heart. The animation is great and incredibly creative. I really like this film and I highly recommend it. I give is 4.5/5
  7. Feb 7, 2014
    Being an awesome ride with emotion that really stands out, The LEGO Movie is a fast-paced, quick-witted adventure that's also so endearing it makes one's heart swell.
  8. Feb 7, 2014
    Everything about this film seems to be flawless. The animation was astoundingly brilliant, the pop culture humor worked expertly well, the story was clever and heart warming, and the entire film was hilarious from its beginning to end with lovable characters all around. The Lego Movie is the perfect film for children and adults of all ages.
  9. Feb 8, 2014
    The movie was very enjoyable not just for kids but for all ages. It was sweet and has a great message. The movie was so hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. The story was original and refreshing, the characters are well developed and relatable. A definite must see movie of the year so far!
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    The LEGO Movie just literally brought my childhood to life
    Pros:
    -The Animation is one of the best I've seen so far
    -The characters are relatable
    -Batman is in it :D
    -The voice acting is great
    -The story is awesome
    -There's actual Character Development
    Cons
    -The Beginning is a disappointment
    -some of the jokes aren't funny
    Recommendation: Everyone
  11. Feb 7, 2014
    I just saw the lego movie and you would LOVE it. When I was at the theaters I saw other adults laughing so hard just like me. If you are going to the movies to watch some thing else just change your mine and get tickets for the lego movie, trust me.
  12. Feb 7, 2014
    This movie ROCKS!! It freakin ROCKS!!! The first movie of this new year to wow and completely amaze me in animation and even comedy. That's one of the biggest strengths of this movie, it's absolutely hilarious! I'm not Bull-Sh*ting you guys! It's really hilarious! Trust me! The story is surprisingly clever and the pop culture references sparkle. And it's filled with an outstanding voiceThis movie ROCKS!! It freakin ROCKS!!! The first movie of this new year to wow and completely amaze me in animation and even comedy. That's one of the biggest strengths of this movie, it's absolutely hilarious! I'm not Bull-Sh*ting you guys! It's really hilarious! Trust me! The story is surprisingly clever and the pop culture references sparkle. And it's filled with an outstanding voice cast lead by Chris Pratt, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell, etc. I can go on and on, but let me cut to the chase. If you're a fan of lego's, YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LAUGH YOUR BUTTS OFF AND LOVE THIS FRICKIN MOVIE. nuff said. This obviously deserves an A+!!!!!!!! Expand
  13. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie is great,, the animation is amazing, the story is fantastic, and it surprises you a lot, and the movie is full of intelligent jokes I think this movie will be a greatest movies of 2014.
  14. Feb 9, 2014
    I am a 56 year old grandmother who took my LEGO loving, creative seven year old granddaughter for an after school treat to see THE LEGO movie. I don't know if it was the fault of the movie or the way our theater started the movie but initially there was little to no fanfare for the beginning of the movie. At one point, my granddaughter and I looked at each other and we both quietlyI am a 56 year old grandmother who took my LEGO loving, creative seven year old granddaughter for an after school treat to see THE LEGO movie. I don't know if it was the fault of the movie or the way our theater started the movie but initially there was little to no fanfare for the beginning of the movie. At one point, my granddaughter and I looked at each other and we both quietly whispered at the same moment how much we both felt as if we had sensory overload with the pace of the movie, a story we didn't initially understand, the sounds, the colors and graphics. However, once we were comfortably settled in we thoroughly enjoyed the movie. There's humor suitable for adult and child alike. My granddaughter loved it because it included humor, adventure, superheroes, good vs. evil and romance!

Yes, it may one big advertisement for LEGOS but I say, "Good for them!" because it was so entertaining and I can think of a lot worse we're all exposed to on a daily basis.

As I watched the film, I marveled at the detailed graphics and the hard work and investment made by the creators and animators. Put simply: Adults would do well to see the movie purely for the creativity if nothing else.

We appreciated the celebrity voice-overs too. While the live-action in the movie may seem subdued in relation to the rest of the movie, it certainly goes a long way to tying everything together and helping it all make sense.
  15. Feb 8, 2014
    I absolutely loved this movie! It was hilarious, heartwarming and absolutely stunning all at the same time. It was a hit with both the adults and the kids, who immediately sang "Everything is Awesome" the whole way home. And it is absolutely worth the money to see in 3D.
  16. Feb 9, 2014
    It is a rare event that I give a film a 10/10 rating but if there was ever a film that was more deserving in recent memory, I can't think of one. It is by far the best animated film I have ever seen and that includes ANY Pixar film. This is the first film I have seen in years in which the entire audience stood up and applauded when the credits rolled. The level of detail is absolutelyIt is a rare event that I give a film a 10/10 rating but if there was ever a film that was more deserving in recent memory, I can't think of one. It is by far the best animated film I have ever seen and that includes ANY Pixar film. This is the first film I have seen in years in which the entire audience stood up and applauded when the credits rolled. The level of detail is absolutely phenomenal, right down to the tiny scratches in the ABS plastic, and, my favorite, the visible finger prints on the minifigures themselves. I came out of this film realizing that though cleverly marketed as a kid's film, this is a nostalgia film for X and Y Geners (is that a word? don't care, going with it...) and the tell was with 1980s spaceman. Anyone whoever had this minifigure (or a similar one with the space helmet) knew that within a month's time of taking that helmet off repeatedly the bottom of the helmet near the chin would split because it was so thin. This film immediate takes our generation back to a time when we were seven years-old. From the beginning, the story seems like nothing more than a rehash of Kung Fu Panda or The Matrix with the role of Po/Neo taken on by our very ordinary hero, Emmet. As the film progresses, it takes on the tone and plot of a million of other action film cliches but the visually stunning frenetic action combines with multiple clever pop-culture references allows you to forgive what seems like a generic story and just simply enjoy the awesome adventure that you and your kids are on. And make no mistake, this film was designed to be seen by families which just makes the experience that much more enjoyable. So am I saying that the overall experience of the film makes up for the weak story? Nope. In the last 20 minutes of the film there are live-action sequences that tie the whole story together and turn what was a generic and almost mediocre plot into one of the most brilliant pieces of story-telling I have ever seen in a family film. It was so cleverly done that I literally slapped myself in the forehead for being tricked like I was because the film drops not-so-subtle clues as to the big twist throughout the whole film. My only regret is that I didn't see it in 3D as this is one film that it is a moral imperative to see in 3D. Oh, well... I guess we'll just have to go see it again. Expand
  17. Feb 20, 2014
    Probably the best animated/children's film I've ever seen. It was so funny and the stop frame animation was sooo cool!! Even the credits were awesome! Go see this film!
  18. Feb 9, 2014
    Thankfully, "The Lego Movie" is not just an absurdly entertaining, pop-culture-reference-filled romp of childhood nostalgia, it is also an impeccably well-written narrative with stunning animation and a brilliant respect for its audience.
  19. Feb 8, 2014
    Up until the last 10 minutes or so this film is an absolute hilarity, with some amazingly timed jokes, outrageous cameos, and witty dialogue. Then you reach the last 10 minutes and (without spoilers) you realize just how deep and profound the message of the movie is, giving everything a much greater meaning and purpose, while delving into some vey good meta-fiction. Nothing about thisUp until the last 10 minutes or so this film is an absolute hilarity, with some amazingly timed jokes, outrageous cameos, and witty dialogue. Then you reach the last 10 minutes and (without spoilers) you realize just how deep and profound the message of the movie is, giving everything a much greater meaning and purpose, while delving into some vey good meta-fiction. Nothing about this feels fake, the entire movie is beaming with life and about an hour after you leave you feel like you have taken such a welcome breath of fresh air, and I hate kids movies. This is not a kids movie, it is a movie that kids can watch and enjoy, but it is not a kids movie. Everything is indeed AWESOME. Expand
  20. Feb 8, 2014
    When it comes to my reviews, know that I never lie. So listen up when I tell you, The LEGO Movie is the most powerful animated movie to be released since Up. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) masterfully put together an animated action-comedy that entertains grade-schoolers, adolescents, and parents equally. Think Wreck-It Ralph, but withWhen it comes to my reviews, know that I never lie. So listen up when I tell you, The LEGO Movie is the most powerful animated movie to be released since Up. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) masterfully put together an animated action-comedy that entertains grade-schoolers, adolescents, and parents equally. Think Wreck-It Ralph, but with more biting comedy, more evocative animation, a more powerful social message, and much stronger nostalgia.
    The animators behind The LEGO Movie were able to develop a look that was absolutely perfect for the theme of the film. By using CG to emulate a technically advanced version of stop-motion, the animators capture the processes that went through our minds as children playing with elaborate Lego sets – it never played out smoothly in our minds, because Lego bricks inherently are not smooth. Their dedication to a world built entirely out of Lego bricks resulted in inventive images, such as small (but not so small) transparent blue bricks representing large drops of water. This style of animation instantly makes the movie a marvel to watch; it is gorgeous without having to be flashily realistic.
    The voice actors in The LEGO Movie could not have been casted better. Unlike other animated movies in recent memory (Epic, Turbo), The LEGO Movie’s star-studded cast achieves its fullest potential, imbuing every character with a bursting, unique personality. Lord and Miller should also be lauded for their cleverly devised and written characters. Popular names such as Batman, Gandalf, Chewbacca, and Shaquille O’Neal (voiced by himself) mingle with familiar and ubiquitous pieces such as construction workers, ambiguous astronauts, and cops with double-sided faces, but each one boasts an equally strong spirit. Here, Lord and Miller channel memories of when we were younger and would mix people from different sets to create a truly unique adventure.
    What’s clever about their screenplay is that, unlike Wreck-It Ralph or even the Toy Story series, Lord and Miller contain the entirety of the story in the imagination of the youthful mind. The plot, the settings, and the action scenes are all written as professionally executed manifestations of the workings of a child at play. Even the profound themes on liberation of the mind and freedom of creative expression all originate in the imagination of the central character, something revealed near the end of the movie but known by a smart viewer all the way through. Lord and Miller’s ability to hone this childlike state of thought without coming across as naïve or immature deserves serious laud. Additionally, it’s refreshing to watch a movie that actually made me laugh from the belly every time it made a joke.
    There’s not much more I can tell you about this movie to convince you that The LEGO Movie is genuinely an amazing animated, family-friendly (and I mean the whole family) action-comedy. I mean, it’s already hard enough to imagine a mediocre movie set in an entirely Lego world – believe me, I tried. The only thing I can say is, if you were planning to use this weekend to catch up on Oscar-nominated movies, rip those tickets up and go watch The LEGO Movie instead.

FINAL SCORE: 92.5 (almost perfect -----o--------------- perfect)
  21. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie was so much fun because it was so funny. The good/ Cop bad routine was a riot. Will Farrell was at his best in this movie! He should do more kid movies!!!!!
  22. Feb 8, 2014
    This movie was amazingly well aware of its self and all aspects of it fully delivered. The animation was great, and with a bunch of awesome actors The LEGO Movie was already superb. The movie kept me and the rest of the theater laughing the entire time, with it bringing something for both kids and adults. I can't get "Everything is Awesome" out of my head.
  23. Mar 9, 2014
    Wow! I did not expect The Lego Movie to be so good, but it was hilarious, and everything is, as the song says, awesome, Liam Nesson was great, Morgan Freeman was great, and Will Arnett was perfect as Batman, also Will Ferell was a great bad guy, and the ending is just genius.
  24. Feb 7, 2014
    loved it who doesn't like legos your never too old to still like legos when i was at theaters there was mostly grown people then kids. In my opinion its the BEST MOVIE THAT EVER ASSEMBLED!
  25. Feb 8, 2014
    What a treat to enjoy with my 11 year old daughter! The Lego Movie was fresh, nuanced, fast paced and full of jokes and puns that all ages could enjoy and laugh over. I look forward to seeing it again to catch what I missed the first time. Well done!
  26. Feb 8, 2014
    THE LEGO MOVIE very good , almost excellent and the top in BOX OFFICE watch trailer THE LEGO MOVIE in the BOX OFFICE and you can Guess Before Watch THE LEGO MOVIE. This is AMAZING!!!!!
  27. Feb 9, 2014
    Everything is awesome!! Especially in this film. Being a big kid and a fan of Lego, I knew this was a film I was likely to enjoy. However, growing up with films like toy story and seeing how it was directed at an older audience in the 3rd film, I was concern it might be directed more at children than at an older audience.

What I found instead is that comedy is timeless. Audiences of all

What I found instead is that comedy is timeless. Audiences of all ages can appreciate the film and there are emotional moments that really tug on your heart strings. The voice acting was superb and the films animation was great, although the shots of the ocean slightly were juddery if I'm honest.

The film is a lot of fun and I'd be surprised if you didn't come out of the film wanted to re-captor those childhood moments and buy some Lego.
  28. Jun 26, 2014
    I had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling itI had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling it all I'll just saw that it's heart warming but also carries an incredible message that sits well in todays society of busy bodies and distant families. Typically I don't enjoy many animated movies outside of the Pixar universe yet The Lego Movie managed to be one of the best movies I've seen in the last year. Kids will love it, but adults that can appreciate light-hearted humor (and the occasional more mature joke that geos over the heads of children) will love this movie just as much. Expand
  29. Mar 3, 2014
    I expected great things from the Lego Movie - they hold use rights for many-a-franchise, they have a lot of creative horsepower behind them, and the Lego games are many and successful.
    The movie surpassed my expectations, delivering a hilarious, joyful, and surprisingly meaningful romp through a child's playland on par with Pixar's finest works.
    Though the movie seems not to take itself
    Though the movie seems not to take itself too seriously, and in fact seems to encourage the viewer not to take it, or anything, too seriously, it slows down at just the right moments to deliver just a little more than your average kid's movie.
  30. Feb 7, 2014
    This movie is one of the surprise movies out there. I expected it to be just an advertising ploy. While there is plenty of highlighting Legos, nothing in the movie feels cheap or contrived. Instead, at the heart of the movie is something a lot of movies lack: heart. The movie is laugh out loud funny (for adults and kids), and there wasn't much in it that wasn't extremely enjoyable. IThis movie is one of the surprise movies out there. I expected it to be just an advertising ploy. While there is plenty of highlighting Legos, nothing in the movie feels cheap or contrived. Instead, at the heart of the movie is something a lot of movies lack: heart. The movie is laugh out loud funny (for adults and kids), and there wasn't much in it that wasn't extremely enjoyable. I was honestly blown away - its not often a movie sneaks out of nowhere like this, but this is one of those rare gems. The LEGO Movie does justice to the source material, and has a plot inseparably connected to Legos (obviously), but the story stands on its own. It reminds me a lot of Toy Story 3, although it is completely different from it. All I can say is: GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Expand
  31. Feb 8, 2014
    I've been excited for this film since it was announced, and I am hugely pleased to say it did not disappoint; I left the cinema with a huge smile on my face.

What the Lego Movie does well is take something so simple and builds it into a true work of art, making huge disaster scenes seem charming and funny and making dark disturbing scenes bearable and child friendly. The last act of

The last act of the film is... well that's something truly special.

This. Film. Is. Awesome!
  32. Feb 8, 2014
    Best animated movie I have ever seen, and I have seen a ton of them. Took my 6 year old son, he loved it - but I roared through the whole thing. Animation is amazing, but the story was so solid it really grabbed me. This is an absolute masterpiece.
  33. Feb 20, 2014
    I would consider it offensive if this was labelled simply as a '100 minute commercial'. It may be made involving a corporate franchise, but it is there to teach, not to sell.

The LEGO Movie uniquely combines smart sharp satire towards examples like pop culture and consumerism, a charming voice cast voicing a whole array of interesting characters (if you look close enough, some of the characters parody the usual stock characters) and a morality tale. It not only subverts tropes, but also subverts expectations right until the end. It's difficult to see a film just once, especially when it contains so much humour and wit when mocking things left right and centre.

Everything I feel about this film is exciting. Animation can show itself to stand out in throwing out a non generic message involving politics, business and culture. The villain himself shows the audacity as a president to not only demonstrate his nefariousness, but impose his own ideologies with no room for creativity. Not only that, but the LEGO Movie also plays on the cliches of many outrageous tropes - how does it work out when a simple, ordinary construction worker is suddenly announced as the centre of the prophecy as 'the Special'? What happens when he encounters someone considered to be the 'manic pixie dream girl'? The split personality of the Good Cop Bad Cop is refreshing when it comes to two distinctively defined cops interrogating someone, and the gleeful decision made about Green Lantern after his film ultimately failed is dark but amusing.

However, when it comes to happy endings, even that doesn't remain the same. Even for the villain himself. It doesn't spit out the usual kind of messages - whether on the scale of the morality tale or the satire surrounding politics and the like.
  34. Feb 21, 2014
    Being a monstrous Lego fan/builder as a child, when I heard this movie was announced and I heard that the brilliant Chris Miller and Phil Lord were directing it, I was so pumped up. After seeing the movie get critical acclaim, I had ultra high expectations before watching it. I was not disappointed at all. This movie was great from the acting, to the gorgeous settings. The story was veryBeing a monstrous Lego fan/builder as a child, when I heard this movie was announced and I heard that the brilliant Chris Miller and Phil Lord were directing it, I was so pumped up. After seeing the movie get critical acclaim, I had ultra high expectations before watching it. I was not disappointed at all. This movie was great from the acting, to the gorgeous settings. The story was very touching at points and teaches both kids and adults many life lessons. However, timing was a bit of an issue, as the movie did not spend enough time on certain events and spent too much time on some. Other than that, I liked this movie a lot and this film really made me want to take my old legos and be a kid again. Expand
  35. Feb 23, 2014
    This is the first movie of 2014 I've seen but I can already tell it'll be my favorite, even outside "kids'" movies. I can think of nothing about this movie that wasn't done absolutely perfect. It's got at least a laugh a minute with a very smart self-aware sense of humor. The characters are all likable & fun to watch, even the villains. Every voice actor does a fantastic job, which youThis is the first movie of 2014 I've seen but I can already tell it'll be my favorite, even outside "kids'" movies. I can think of nothing about this movie that wasn't done absolutely perfect. It's got at least a laugh a minute with a very smart self-aware sense of humor. The characters are all likable & fun to watch, even the villains. Every voice actor does a fantastic job, which you wouldn't think with a cast so dominated by big names that'd make you think this would be a lame cash grab. And the twist at the end is nothing short of jaw-dropping, not just because of the twist itself (which those perceptive enough might see coming) but also because of what the plot does with that twist. Even if you're usually not a fan of kids' movies, this is a must-watch.

(For my full review, look up "Spin It Reviews" on YouTube. I'd appreciate it. And don't worry, no spoilers.)
  36. Mar 22, 2014
    The Lego Movie is the best movie of 2014 thus far. Not only did I think this movie was awesome but I have to say that this one of the best animated films made in a long time. Yes, I even enjoy this movie more over Frozen. If you haven't seen The Lego Movie yet, please do yourself a favor and at least give it a chance. You won't regret it because Everything is indeed AWESOME!
  37. Feb 10, 2014
    I got to say that there is a couple of great directors. They advanced the world of stop motion in directing. This movie entered almost perfectly to the world of the stop-motion with the entire Lego world at the first try! The screenplay had small mistakes, but the jokes were awesome.
  38. Feb 25, 2014
    From Bruce Wayne to Bronnies this movie has enough cultural gags to keep an angry mob smiling and laughing with joy. Fits that great balance of being entertaining to kids yet has enough familiar voices to keep their parents enthralled. All this and does it with class that is completely family friendly.
  39. Feb 19, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is fantastic and every child and adult how used to play with LEGO's as a kid should see. Its fun, curative and is visually something you will never see again.
  40. Mar 8, 2014
    This movie is definetly my favorite movie of 2014 as its hilariously genius and just made me jaw hurt from great jokes, master plots, and more. SPACESHIP!
  41. Feb 20, 2014
    The LEGO Movie has set the bar insanely high for 2014, and it has only just begun. This movie performs so well that it will most likely be in the top 10 best of 2014, let alone the best animated flick. I loved it instantly within the first 20 minutes. It is filled with jokes just for adults, but had the playfulness to keep children entertained. Very rarely does a movie come along thatThe LEGO Movie has set the bar insanely high for 2014, and it has only just begun. This movie performs so well that it will most likely be in the top 10 best of 2014, let alone the best animated flick. I loved it instantly within the first 20 minutes. It is filled with jokes just for adults, but had the playfulness to keep children entertained. Very rarely does a movie come along that blends those two so perfectly, let along an animated film. This movie also has most likely the best cast of 2014. It has Chris Pratt as the lovable lead and that he holds perfectly. His performance is supported by many fantastic actors, but the show is ultimately stolen by Will Arnett as Batman who becomes the audience favorite by far. The movie is also lathered in well hidden spectacular voice actor cameos that only certain fans will notice and understand. The movie is also stuffed with references to landscape and for fans that are Lego builders themselves. My favorite part about this movie is the animation style. It is done so superbly that it fooled almost everybody that saw the movie. The movie is CGI, but designed and looks like it was done in stop motion, it was so convincing, from the inside and out of the lego bricks, to the minor scratches on the characters face. The LEGO Movie doesn't just go down as one of my favorite movies of 2014, but as one of my top 3 favorite animated films of all-time. Expand
  42. Mar 5, 2014
    The trailer I watched was lame. This movie wasn't, far from it. The more I think of it, I really want to see this again. A great movie with great jokes, actors and animation. It may look like a child's movie, but I can say, I enjoyed every last bit of this awesomeness. Do recommend.
  43. May 30, 2014
    The Lego movie was a movie I was particularly excited to watch because of its instant fame and popularity. Thankfully, Warner Bros pictures did not fail in producing a spectacular movie. The only impediment was I had to constantly pause the movie (I watched it at home) to grasp what was happening in the story. At some points, we were exposed to so much information it was a bitThe Lego movie was a movie I was particularly excited to watch because of its instant fame and popularity. Thankfully, Warner Bros pictures did not fail in producing a spectacular movie. The only impediment was I had to constantly pause the movie (I watched it at home) to grasp what was happening in the story. At some points, we were exposed to so much information it was a bit overwhelming. Here is my conclusion:
    Characters: 5/5
    Plot: 3.5/5
    Animation (graphics): 5/5
    Humour: 5/5
  44. Feb 18, 2014
    A movie that manages to stand straight against Pixar and still looks awesome. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
  45. Feb 23, 2014
    Expecting one of those LEGO ninjago or LEGO movies that didn't make it to theaters? Well, don't... because those movies were terrible compared to this lovely movie! Features many characters from LEGO sets as master builders. Jokes just keep on flying by.

Not tempted? Then here's another reason: It has Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell.
  46. Feb 26, 2014
    You have to see it to understand why it's 10/10 material. The characters seem a little cliche at first, but the filmmakers really build on that in a comedic way. Not like the usual role reversals, but more like what you definitely would not expect from these characters until halfway in.
  47. Feb 21, 2014
    Fantastic fun, funny family movie. I would be suprised if we get a better animated movie this year, It was really funny for any age, and had a lot of heart. I would recommend this movie to anyone, and I realize it's still very early but the best movie period of 2014 so far. When I first heard about a Lego movie I thought it was a ridiculous idea that didn't really make sense to me...butFantastic fun, funny family movie. I would be suprised if we get a better animated movie this year, It was really funny for any age, and had a lot of heart. I would recommend this movie to anyone, and I realize it's still very early but the best movie period of 2014 so far. When I first heard about a Lego movie I thought it was a ridiculous idea that didn't really make sense to me...but they have certainly proven it was a great idea. Expand
  48. Feb 15, 2014
    Absolutely loved it! I really enjoyed it when my girlfriend would look at me like I was crazy..
    The only thing that bugged me a bit was some of the animations.. on some scenes they could have used a few more frames for a more fluid motion, but all in all a wonderful movie!
  49. Feb 22, 2014
    An action packed, hilarious and sometimes quite stupid movie, The lego movie gives out the message that you don’t have to be a Hero of a Prophecy or Special to make a mark in this world . but it is important to have self-belief to achieve own goals . The protagonist also conveys his message that everything doesn’t always have to be perfect, there are times when the mind needs to be freeAn action packed, hilarious and sometimes quite stupid movie, The lego movie gives out the message that you don’t have to be a Hero of a Prophecy or Special to make a mark in this world . but it is important to have self-belief to achieve own goals . The protagonist also conveys his message that everything doesn’t always have to be perfect, there are times when the mind needs to be free and imaginative, creative and be allowed to build anything it wants, the way it wants it. Expand
  50. May 23, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is not only one of the greatest animated movies ever made, but it is one of the most original movies ever made. It is heart warming, action packed 100 minutes of epicnessss!!! If you are looking for an animated movie with endless creativity, colors and even character development, The LEGO Movie is the one, also it is my favorite movie of the year!!!! A must see!!!!
  51. Feb 27, 2014
    The humour in this movie is just unbelievably funny. Some of the best I have ever seen in an animated film actually. The voice acting is also superb (who can dislike an animation movie with freakin' Morgan Freeman in it?!) and it goes without saying that the animation is just sublime. But with all this aside, it does not mean the movie is flawless. There might have been a bit too muchThe humour in this movie is just unbelievably funny. Some of the best I have ever seen in an animated film actually. The voice acting is also superb (who can dislike an animation movie with freakin' Morgan Freeman in it?!) and it goes without saying that the animation is just sublime. But with all this aside, it does not mean the movie is flawless. There might have been a bit too much morals in the movie, what leads to not having a clear moral at all. For parents, there is the 'Enjoy the time with your kids' moral, while for kids there is the 'Share the fun' moral and for everyone there are several 'Believe in yourself' like morals. Also, at some points in the movie there is an unclear sense of reality (I will not give too much away about that, but when you saw the movie I think you can easily get my point). But the biggest flaw has to be the characters. They are not bad or anything, but the main ones have such mixed personality that you sometimes do not know whether you have to feel good or bad for one. But in the end, the amazing amount of jokes that actually hit bullseye, verbal or non-verbal, makes up for every single flaw there is in this movie. It actually got me playing with LEGO again, because even though some messages may be unclear, one was very clear to me: "LEGO is for all ages". Expand
  52. Feb 27, 2014
    Finest children's film (feels like a misnomer, honestly) I've seen since Toy Story 3. I took a date, and we laughed throughout the entire movie. This film is a pure joy. Technically masterful, comedically sharp, dazzlingly original. I'd go see it again in a heartbeat. Cannot recommend it highly enough!
  53. Mar 5, 2014
    An amazing movie, it has charismatics characters, the story is well-told and very funny as well, the movie is worth to watch because besides being very exciting it is very funny too. I recommend for all people not only the children.
  54. Mar 18, 2014
    Being that I grew up building legos as a kid and having a much younger brother who enjoys it as well I was very excited for this movie. The overall production of this was incredible and this was the lego movie I always dreamed of. Also kudos to Will Ferrell on an incredible performance as well as the rest of the cast. The movie was pretty deep and thought provoking for an older audienceBeing that I grew up building legos as a kid and having a much younger brother who enjoys it as well I was very excited for this movie. The overall production of this was incredible and this was the lego movie I always dreamed of. Also kudos to Will Ferrell on an incredible performance as well as the rest of the cast. The movie was pretty deep and thought provoking for an older audience and all around fun for a younger audience. This, in my opinion, is as perfect as a movie can get. Expand
  55. Mar 21, 2014
    Just amazing!, the humour is meant for both adults and children, very good storyline, kept my laughing throughout the film! would happily buy this on dvd when it comes out :)
  56. Mar 29, 2014
    well, this is good animated movie of the year, my son actually enjoy this movie, and I really like it too, the character is very funny, like emmet and lord business, and also I like the song of the character who played by, morgan freeman, will ferrel, and Elizabeth banks, but the story line is little bit sucks, but the graphic of the cartoon is pretty amazing thing I ever saw and prettywell, this is good animated movie of the year, my son actually enjoy this movie, and I really like it too, the character is very funny, like emmet and lord business, and also I like the song of the character who played by, morgan freeman, will ferrel, and Elizabeth banks, but the story line is little bit sucks, but the graphic of the cartoon is pretty amazing thing I ever saw and pretty hilarious movie of the year. Expand
  57. Jun 26, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most pleasant surprises of the year. What's just fantastic is that during 100 minutes, it unfolds an entire fictional universe without feeling rushed or leaving anything out of it AND it has time for sweet character moments, cool twists and funny meta-jokes. Everything in it really is awesome.
  58. Feb 24, 2014
    This movie was super cute and super funny. Entertaining for adults and children alike. Any adult that had a fondness for Legos as a kid would love this. Writing is very witty and funny, laughs the whole time. So many clever things they thought to incorporate. The only criticism I have is that while the twist at the end was a fun surprise, it made it seem a little anticlimactic.
  59. Feb 11, 2014
    I went into this movie thinking it would be a stupid, generic kids movie with corny humor. What I got was SO much more. I can't even express to you just how ashamed I was at my pessimism before going into that movie. When I came out of that theater, I had laughed, I had cried, and I even had a few contemplative moments where I sat there to digest what I saw.
    To top everything off, this
    To top everything off, this was definitely a theater movie because of all the extreme action sequences.

100% worth the money to go, take anybody with you, I promise you won't be disappointed.
  60. Jul 7, 2014
    When i first heard of this movie, i thought it was no more than an excuse to make money from a famous brand. I couldn't be more wrong.

The animation is super cool, the script and dialogue are amazingly funny and clever (i often laughed to the point of tears), and the voice acting did the script justice, particularly that of Will Arnett (as Batman), Nick Offerman (as Metal Beard), and Morgan Freeman (as Vitruvius). Even the theme song is great; it really sticks in one's head and makes you feel like you wanna sing along.

Not only is it hilarious, it actually has something to say and can be quite moving in some parts. This is a joyful film about believing in yourself, a critique of modern society, and a heartwarming tribute to human creativity.

It will definitely go down as one of the best movies this ear, if not the best.
  61. Jul 17, 2014
    Quite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same timeQuite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same time providing enough intelligence and an excellent message to satisfy older audiences. In a lot of ways it's the new Toy Story. It's the perfect family movie and an absolute must watch. Expand
  62. Feb 20, 2014
    In terms of animated films that cater for young and old audiences this film is up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. It's imaginative, original and extremely funny. The story and characters are purposefully cliche which leads to a lot of parody of itself and other aspects of pop culture and visually it is a colourful creative joy. All of this is complimented by the fantastic cast ofIn terms of animated films that cater for young and old audiences this film is up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. It's imaginative, original and extremely funny. The story and characters are purposefully cliche which leads to a lot of parody of itself and other aspects of pop culture and visually it is a colourful creative joy. All of this is complimented by the fantastic cast of voice actors (Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell) that bring a suprising life to the characters themselves. If you want an idea of the humour then it's either a child friendly version of Family Guy or a mature version of Spongebob. Somewhere in between those two. Either way its inclusive and entertaining.
    The only way someone could not enjoy this film to some degree is if they were consciously trying to dislike it and even then it would be a challenge. Also the soundtrack will likely be stuck in your head for at least two weeks afterwards.
  63. Jul 21, 2014
    Despite the fact that it's characters and storyline are carefully derived from Pixar classics (not necessarily a bad thing), Lego is an extremely entertaining film with an infectiously playful attitude suitable for all ages (especially adults).
  64. Feb 16, 2014
    If you are a kid, this movie contains a valuable lesson you must learn. If you are an adult who played with lego as a kid you will also enjoy yourself with this film. At the start it hints that it is going to be too children's cartoon for you to enjoy. But then it quickly develops in to something both adults and kids can take pleasure from.
    The concepts are kept simple enough for children
    The concepts are kept simple enough for children to follow. But simple isn't bad. And there are more than enough in-jokes to keep adults laughing out loud for quite a while.

Will Farrell plays his part terrifically. Much like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Conan films, he finds just the right balance to make it work. Its serious enough to be believable but relaxed enough it doesn't feel out of place. And considering he has actual face time in a movie 95% CG plastic lego men, it would be so easy to break consistency there.

I have two criticisms of the film. Firstly I though there should be more "Middle Zealand."
    Also as I write this I have the "everything is awesome" song stuck in my head. When you hear it you'll understand.
  65. Feb 9, 2014
    One of the funniest most thought provoking animated movies ever. It takes full advantage of everything Lego and introduces some lovable new characters like Unikitty while also putting a cool spin on classics like Batman. The only thing I didn't like was how much of what happens in the end seems to drag on for awhile and I didn't care for the "twist" they threw in but that's hardly enoughOne of the funniest most thought provoking animated movies ever. It takes full advantage of everything Lego and introduces some lovable new characters like Unikitty while also putting a cool spin on classics like Batman. The only thing I didn't like was how much of what happens in the end seems to drag on for awhile and I didn't care for the "twist" they threw in but that's hardly enough to hate the movie for. Expand
  66. Mar 7, 2014
    This movie was very entertaining. I was looking forward to this movie, but I did not expect it to be this good. I was laughing throughout the entire film and did not find a single moment dull.
  67. Feb 26, 2014
    Thus far this is tied with Her as my favourites for 2014. There is a lot to like about this movie especially having seen it in 3D which enhances just how entertaining this is. A obvious comment - this is Lego brought to life!

I loved how well thought through this movie was. Whilst it references popular culture both through characters of other stories but also Internet memes such as Batman's capacity to achieve anything. It has aptly timed humour that was refreshingly unexpected. But most of all I really enjoyed how to the story unfolded with the presence of real world items; the end result being an acknowledgement of the creativity found in a child's mind and how adults can inhibit this. Brilliant.

On that note I really appreciated the deeper meaning in this film and how well rounded the message is: creativity shouldn't be limited to those who think freely and originally. Anyone is capable of creativity whether it be complete new, a slight different, or a revised of something already present. But beyond that independant creativity thought should be applauded communal creative thought should be too. As well as creative thought derived from instructions.

Toy Story 3 was the last animation film I saw which was explored childhood and what it meanings, including growing up. It was a masterpiece which hasn't been topped. Lego Movie is not as good and is different but what it does share is an equally relevant showcase of experiences children have.

I trust you, like me, walked away from this movie wanting to play with Lego, play Mindcraft or do something creative. Wonderful!
  68. Feb 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, I went to it as excited as can be. I find myself very lucky that my experience wasn't ruined by whiny smelly chatty gullible children, as there weren't any in the theatre.
    Anyway, onto the movie. I'm gonna say this, this movie is probably one of the best of 2014. It was really awesome, loved all the characters, the dialogue and the interactions between them was lovely. The events were awesome and the pacing of the whole movie was astonishing. And the animating was pretty mind blowing for a Lego Movie.
    But, here's the thing. This movie is, in hindsight, a 'Journey is better than the destination' case. But when watching it in the theatre, the ending kinda makes the events of the whole movie pointless. As none of it is real, and it's just Will Ferrell VS Will Ferrell's son. But it's still a good movie... And in some scenes, the combination of CGI and Stop-Motion kinda throws you off. Especially when the Stop-Motion-only bits are barely distinguishable from the CGI ones.
    Back to the good stuff. The whole idea of this movie is awesome, and the implications, along with the truth behind those implications seem too mature for kids, makes me kinda wonder what the writers were also constrained to, due to the movie's PG rating.
    Liam Neeson's performance (I'm not calling him Bad Cop, nope) was outstanding, and I'v never had as many feels for a factional character as this guy (Well, maybe Lee Everett).
    Morgan Freeman (Not calling him Vitruvius, either) did his role pretty awesomely, too. But Morgan Freeman, as an actor gets a free pass, no matter what. He's still really really great in this movie.
    Batman was also a nice character, a much needed change from the serious gritty dark Batman we're used to. And the Star Wars scene ...I literally started applauding right there.
    This movie, didn't need to be 3D. It barely used it beside the part where Liam Neeson shoots the screen. I can't wait to see 3D just go.
    Anyway, I'm going off topic here. This movie, as it's theme of 'unspecial' goes, is awesome!
    I'd give it a 9.2 just because of the ending, but for lack of a fractional voting system on this site, I give it a deserving 10/10. There needs to be way more movies like this, movies that know what they are and make the best of it, not movies like Kick-Ass 2 or Man Of Steel that are simply trying too hard.
  69. Feb 11, 2014
    For a film that essentially exists to further promote a successful product, The Lego Movie is a pleasantly surprising, wonderfully uplifting, and far more touching film than I could have ever anticipated.

The story follows several characters voiced by the likes of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks and Morgan Freeman, as they journey through a vast world of Lego in order to stop Lord Business from ending the Lego Universe. And the world in which the story took place, was one that evoked so many fond memories.
    In fact, I'd be extremely surprised if anyone left the theatre without feeling like a 10 year old again.
    That's part of the beauty of the film. It puts you in a world where nothing, no matter how ridiculous or inconceivable is off limits.

While thinking about writing this, I was originally about to throw a 9 at this film, which is obviously still very good. But after some reflection, I can't think of why I would dock a point from the movie. There wasn't a single point in the film in which, I was upset or disappointed with any aspect. The film has a good flow to it, the characters are loveable, the humour is sensational and had me at times trying not to keel over in my seat. And as far as family oriented movies go, it's got what is by far one of the most heartwarming messages that I truly related to. It's just that good.

It was simply a joy to experience from start to finish, and if you think you're too old for Lego now - shut-up, get the car keys, and go to your local theatre and see it.

A 10 out of 10.

Jack Valentine
  70. Feb 9, 2014
    An instant classic. Smart, Witty and one GIANT nostalgia bomb with great cameos and pop culture references. a must own for kids and parents who grew up building Legos.
  71. Feb 9, 2014
    EVERYTHING IS AWESOME-yeah everything about in this film is really MIND BLOWING awesome moments ! ITS FULL OF FUN N LAUGH- NO MINUTE FOR LAGGING, EACH N EVERY SCENE OF THE FILM ENTERTAIN US! SUPERB VOICE CASTING LEAD BY ,Chris Pratt,Will Ferrell,Elizabeth Banks,Will Arnett, Liam Neeson N Morgan Freeman.! EXCELLENT BGM WORKS -I LOVE IT
    DON'T MISS THIS FUN CRAZY,ROMANTIC,ACTION,ANIMATION
    DON'T MISS THIS FUN CRAZY,ROMANTIC,ACTION,ANIMATION FILM !!!!!!!!!!!!
  72. Feb 12, 2014
    So first of all I was a little skeptical after hearing that a Lego movie was in the works. Then I learned that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were writing and directing. That's when this movie got my attention. Now let me just make it very clear that I am a huge Lego fan and have been playing with it since I can remember.

I can with all the confidence in the world say, that this movie

I can with all the confidence in the world say, that this movie does NOT disappoint! Firstly the animation that's meant to look like stop motion looks phenomenal.It's hilarious and witty with great characters and for a story that's fairly formulaic, also has depth and emotion. Have to be honest, I kinda saw the twist coming but it's great nonetheless. The ending tugged my heartstrings much like Toy Story 3 did. All in all I walked out of the cinema, firstly singing "Everything is Awesome!" and secondly I checked it of my list as the best animation that I have seen.
  73. Feb 17, 2014
    Amazing Animation, A Steady Plot, Wonderful Characters, Pleasant Humor, Is What Makes The Lego Movie My Favourite Film Tied With The Avengers Well Done Warner Brothers And Phil Lord And Chris Miller.
  74. Feb 17, 2014
    Everything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is aEverything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is a bright and shining example of true, unique creativity…plus, it’s all about the greatest toys ever created. So, it has that going for it as well. Expand
  75. Feb 14, 2014
    What a great first movie of the year! The Lego Movie offers a variety of entertainment of people of all ages. It is on par with Toy Story's story, characters, animation, and everything that had made those movies so great. It is a kid friendly movie, with some innuendos that only adults or teens would get. Everything was so pleasant from this movie and I left wishing I was watching a movieWhat a great first movie of the year! The Lego Movie offers a variety of entertainment of people of all ages. It is on par with Toy Story's story, characters, animation, and everything that had made those movies so great. It is a kid friendly movie, with some innuendos that only adults or teens would get. Everything was so pleasant from this movie and I left wishing I was watching a movie like this when I was a child. 10/10 MUST SEE Expand
  76. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What we’ve got here is a fantastic film, which could genuinely be enjoyed by anyone. That might be an obvious thing to say, but The Lego Movie might be the closest we’ve come to the elusive story which explores realistic, down to earth problems while being completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And there are plenty of robots.

Ironically, for a film based on a lucrative product owned by a giant corporation, The Lego Movie appears to bite the hand that feeds it and actually deconstructs (here come the puns) the corporate world. Who cares if the film will probably make a killing in tie-in Lego sets and video games? At least they decided to tell a compelling and engaging story instead of just palming us off with a heartless cash-in or an overblown explosion-fest.

Similarly, it feels like it’s far too easy these days for film makers to knock out a bunch of cheap CGI movies every year, at the expense of the increasingly neglected but labour intensive art of stop-motion. It’s understandable why this route has been taken, and there are a few gems in the cascade, but outside of Pixar, CGI films are not something I routinely seek out.

Apparently 90% of The Lego Movie was CGI, and a little bit of stop motion, but apart from the facial expressions and fluid movements which would seriously push the limitations of a plastic Lego man, you could easily have convinced me that it was the other way around. Everything looks like it’s made from Lego, even the oceans and the explosions.

It’s both sobering to have reached a point where the two become almost indistinguishable and satisfying to see CGI being used to make a great film which works as both a satire of modern consumerism and an exploration of that age-old Lego dilemma: should one build according to the instructions, or just smash everything into a big pile and build whatever.

Our main man is Emmett (Chris Pratt), your generic Lego man, right down to his classic Lego smiley face. He’s a construction worker living in a huge Lego city, who has very few ideas of his own. He follows his instructions, smiles and waves to everyone he meets, pays through the nose for coffee on the way to work and does whatever the vaguely Orwellian government says is the right thing to do.

In a typical narrative fashion, events kick off after a chance encounter with funky punk girl Wildstyle (Elizabeth Banks) who is a member of the resistance. Emmett is dragged along for the ride and passes through the masquerade, leaving the regulated order of the big city and discovering the crazy and colourful potential of Lego in the world of the master builders, exiled lords of creative construction who believe Emmett to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force and end the days of instruction-based oppression. The trouble is he’s never had an original thought in his life.

The film is rounded out with a great cast of characters and some cracking cameos, both showcasing some solid vocal talent. The enemy and instigator of the repressive order is a suitably zany Will Ferrell hamming it up as the Lego universe’s ‘President Business’ who is assisted by the conflicted split-personality of his chief enforcer Good Cop/Bad Cop. voiced by Liam Neeson at his Irish tough guy best.

With a wry nod to his frequent typecasting, Morgan Freeman plays a wise old sage and among the cameos are Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s other movie of the moment, 22 Jump Street).

The film really embodies the spirit of Lego, and as such is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who’s ever encountered the stuff. Once they leave the city, the characters traverse the length and breadth of the Lego-verse, making their way through the many themes Lego has released over the years, providing settings as diverse as western, medieval and pirate.

There are some tender and serious moments, but most of it is a merciless but affectionate parody of whatever transpires, be it city life, epic destiny, overblown villainy or blockbuster action. Everything’s funny and a little wacky, riding easily and successfully on the inherent humour that comes with having everything made out of Lego.

There are even nods to unpopular, ill-conceived, or just plain random Lego themes, and references small and large to various other franchise tie-ins (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superheroes, etc.) showcasing the kind of mad-cap crossovers you can cook up when you have the licence. By this token, Batman himself (Will Arnett) along with a character from the classic 1980s Space theme (Charlie Day) are major players in the plot.

The ending, which I won’t spoil, does get a little schmaltzy, but it’s forgivable. Otherwise, nothing disappoints, and everything one might want or expect from a Lego movie is delivered in spades. Oh yes, and I managed to get through an entire review of this film without using the word ‘awesome’. Dang. Good soundtrack, though.
  77. Feb 16, 2014
    I have always loved LEGO, and I was looking forwards to seeing it no matter how bad it was. I even had a huge grin on my face all throughout the movie. It was funny, awesome, and had everything made with LEGO, even the animated explosions. It showed you can build anything with LEGO. Plus the ending warmed my heart like anything else. Easily the best movie of 2014, so far.
  78. Feb 22, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es proyecto muy original e imaginativo. Me sorprendió cuando fui al cine para verla, pagar la entrada valió la pena, fue espectacular, uno de esos proyectos que son capaces de ser premiados para la mejor película animada (del año que viene). Lo mejor de The LEGO Movie de lejos son sus personajes creados con figuras de LEGO reales en Stop Motion pero de alguna manera logranThe LEGO Movie es proyecto muy original e imaginativo. Me sorprendió cuando fui al cine para verla, pagar la entrada valió la pena, fue espectacular, uno de esos proyectos que son capaces de ser premiados para la mejor película animada (del año que viene). Lo mejor de The LEGO Movie de lejos son sus personajes creados con figuras de LEGO reales en Stop Motion pero de alguna manera logran cobrar vida a lo largo de la película, tiene un humor sano, inocente y divertido, y como alago final: NO CAE EN LO RIDÍCULO, ya que muchas películas animadas de hoy en día son patéticas. Pero vale la pena hacer una observación de ésta ya que es un proyecto divertido que disfrutaran personas de todas las edades. Expand
  79. May 30, 2014
    I have been waiting ever science i played with lego when i was 4 years old and now that it is here and....IT IS AWESOME (if you seen the movie you know what I mean) It has a good story a good cast and its cool
  80. Apr 25, 2014
    With witty dialogue and unique stop motion visual effects, The LEGO Movie is a surprisingly smart and thought-provoking movie for not only children but adults too. Everything is awesome in this movie.
  81. Apr 19, 2014
    Pretty much the song "everything is awesome" sums up whats the movie is 'Awesome'

Very good story, With excellent characters along with voice acting, it is top notch with Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman and Channing Tatem just to name a few. The movie has some funny jokes and excellent references that fit in to make it awesome, The comedy is not dumbed down for

The movie has some funny jokes and excellent references that fit in to make it awesome, The comedy is not dumbed down for children to get but it is smart so all ages will get the joke the best joke was the Star Wars scene.

The last 15 minutes with Will Ferrell and the kid (don't know the actors name) was an amazing scene, yes and that part about duplo :P.
  82. May 6, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is great fun to watch with good dialogue and funny scenes, it is perfect for all ages. The story was really good, the ending was decent. Overall it is a fun movie to watch with family or friends
  83. Jul 26, 2014
    I loved, loved, loved this! It made me feel giddy with pleasure from beginning to end. Mindfryingly cool animation, phenomenal pacing and hilarious jokes boost it to somewhere near the top of my respective lists of favorite family films and best animated comedies of all time. I'm sure it will only be even more awesome upon (probably numerous) rewatches. Because: "Everything is ..." NO,I loved, loved, loved this! It made me feel giddy with pleasure from beginning to end. Mindfryingly cool animation, phenomenal pacing and hilarious jokes boost it to somewhere near the top of my respective lists of favorite family films and best animated comedies of all time. I'm sure it will only be even more awesome upon (probably numerous) rewatches. Because: "Everything is ..." NO, I've GOT to stop that. Expand
  84. Jul 16, 2014
    While obviously intended for a younger audience, The Lego Movie offers something for everyone. As a 17-year old I was laughing out loud many times during this movie. This is what all family movies should be more like.
  85. Apr 20, 2014
    Another prime example of how "kid's movie" need not mean "bland". Incredibly imaginative, superbly funny, and epic in scale, this movie will make you want to be eight years old again just so you can have an excuse to watch this movie over and over again
  86. Feb 10, 2014
    Without a doubt one of the best movies of the year, a must see, not just for Lego fans. It will surprise you how great, or how "awesome" everything about this movie is, and how fun the movie is, I laughed a lot, and its just a great story, with a so many awesome great characters which you will remember for a long time!
    Watch it, the Lego movie wont disappoint !! A must see !
  87. Feb 9, 2014
    This was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behind it really deserves a big pat on the back. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, and I will most definitely will be going to see thisThis was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behind it really deserves a big pat on the back. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, and I will most definitely will be going to see this again while in theaters. Expand
  88. Mar 3, 2014
    I loved this movie, it is incredible. The animation is wonderful, the characters are incredible likable, the message at the end is valuable, the plot twist is very well done and it's hilarious. There's nothing else to say but "Everything is awesome!" and as my friend Memburg said, "Spaceship!"
  89. Feb 10, 2014
    The Monty Python & The Holy Grail Of Computer Animated Comedies.
    The Minds Behind Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs & 21 Jump Street Bring Us Perhaps Their Best Yet.
  90. Feb 10, 2014
    The most anti-establishment kids movie I've ever seen. This movie plays like the matrix for kids. On surface level it seems silly, irrelevant and nostalgic; but under the surface lies a power message to disrupt the status quo. There is so much humour in this film I had tears in my eyes, who knows how much I missed. Definitely the best 'animated' film since ToyStory 3.
  91. Feb 11, 2014
    This movie is absolutely wonderful, you could put it right next to a Disney movie, easily. I can see why some people didn't like it, with the old school animation, cheesy jokes and the fact that its centered around the product, but as for the people who hate it, they are just stereotyping the movie as a kids movie or an advertisement. To truly enjoy this movie you must have an open mindThis movie is absolutely wonderful, you could put it right next to a Disney movie, easily. I can see why some people didn't like it, with the old school animation, cheesy jokes and the fact that its centered around the product, but as for the people who hate it, they are just stereotyping the movie as a kids movie or an advertisement. To truly enjoy this movie you must have an open mind and treat it just like any other movie Expand
  92. Feb 16, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!
  93. Feb 16, 2014
    This movie has potential to be the movie of the year. It manages to appeal to both children and adults, with rapid fire humor, one liners, well done action sequences, and several carefully intertwined themes, this movie is one of the best I've ever seen. I expected little more than a 2 hour Lego commercial, but got 2 hours of action, humor, and meta awareness.
  94. Feb 17, 2014
    This film is absolutely fantastic. It's quite similar to The Simpsons in the way that if you watch it as a child, you'll love it, but if you watch it as an adult, you'll love it even more as there is some bits of humor that only adults will understand.
    This film is a must see.
  95. Feb 18, 2014
    The lego movie is a fantastic departure from usual chosen one children's fare that provides a witty that young and old should watch the excellent voice talent from Chris Pratt, Jonah Hill, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, and Will Ferrel.l
  96. Feb 20, 2014
    Absolutely hilarious, Great film, Entertaining, Wether you are 7 or 50, its just great. The animation and story is carefuly and cleverly done, And the ending was lovely :,) WATCH THIS FILM RIGHT NOW
  97. Feb 25, 2014
    A pleasant mix of lighthearted humor and emotional twists, The Lego movie didn't disappoint. Although I found the opening scene to be bad, the rest of the movie more than redeemed it.
  98. Feb 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed this film. The visuals are really good, the cast is strong and it has as many characters from as many different sets as it could possibly manage!

Even the subtle things like fire and water effects are the actual fire and water bricks you would get in a set not some standard explosion which would have been disjointed. Other things like 1980's spaceship guy having a worn logo and cracked helmet, things that are well known to have happened to that piece over time.

They did the best thing they could of done with the story and thats not make it perfect but make it as random as possible. There are flaws in the story yes but when you get to the end you realise why it is so random and it ties everything up in a nice neat bow.

Favourite characters are definitely 1980's spaceship guy and good cop bad cop.
  99. Mar 3, 2014
    How can you not give this film universal acclaim when it is able to get laughs, emotional connections, in a well-written story for all ages? The casting is massive and yet everyone works together at an even level. This is a highly enjoyable film from beginning to end, and recommended for anyone in 2014
  100. Feb 26, 2014
    The Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly usedThe Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly used them as soldiers playing war. This movie like the Shrek dynasty, is fine for any age. I never believe it when the ads say that but this is true. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.