The LEGO Movie

8.2

1. May 30, 2014
    Nice. No more. A little disappointing but pleasant movie (thanks to the many LEGO cameos well used). It is only the first film, a good basis for the next LEGO movies which will must do better.
  2. Mar 30, 2014
    The lego movie is a very entertaining and funny movie for all ages to enjoy. I went with one of my best friends and we were laughing the whole time. The animation of the movie was very well done and I love how they had real people in the movie as well as animation.
  3. Mar 31, 2014
    Funny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. From the colorful cast to the almost deadpan humor, this movie is amazing in every single way.
  4. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  5. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  6. Apr 17, 2014
    A really funny, good kids movie. One of my favourites of 2014 so far. Even though its a kids movie there were many jokes that I loved and laughed a lot at. Animation was great how they made everything look like Lego even explosions. A well done movie.
  7. Apr 27, 2014
    Everything about this movie is completely awesome!! Definitely an Academy Award winner for next years oscars!!!! Everything Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. Apr 21, 2014
    Easily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicing promises one of the best movies ever made.
  9. Apr 27, 2014
    I basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it evenI basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it even featured some live action which was awesome. let's just say "everything is awesome" about this movie! Expand
  10. May 16, 2014
    I'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'mI'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'm going to rag on Lego shouldn't I be just as harsh on Transformers? Or should I just be grateful that Michael Bay didn't get his hands on this one? Like I said, I'm confused. But entertained. Expand
  11. May 19, 2014
    It's a great movie to watch and the best movie of 2014 and also has my flashback of when I was playing Legos and I recommend you to watch it when I comes to blue ray and DVD.
  12. May 30, 2014
    Decent flick but doesn't exactly deserve the praise it's been getting. Cinematography and casting are there but the story gets very slow towards the end. Humour is okay, very self-referential and predictable.
  13. Jun 4, 2014
    I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman,I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, ect.) It is not really violent and I believe it gave off a positive message to younger kids. My family can’t wait for it to come out on DVD, I already pre-ordered it. Expand
  14. Jun 9, 2014
    Everything is cool when you watch this movie
    Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details you find on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed

Everything is better when it's in LEGO

(Wooo)
    3, 2, 1. Go

Have you seen the film, everyone's talking
    The film is good 'cause everything's awesome
    Emmet is the 'chosen one', no, he's not voiced by Daniel Radcliffe
    No screen time for the boy wizard

It feels more awesome than an awesome Pixar movie
    Dip my body in pizza toppings
    Three years later, wash off the tomato
    Smellin' like a margherita pizza, everything is awesome
    LEGO Milhouse appears, has no spoken lines
    But it's awesome to see him, and it's awesome to love it (it's awesome to love it)

Everything is better when it's in LEGO
    Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details as on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed

LEGO-ized blue skies, Superman flies
    We just named two awesome things
    Batman arrives, plus plenty of other LEGO-ized things
    You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING!

Dumbledore on helium, double decker couch, a song which repeats itself
    Glue stick weapons, a cracked helmet on a Spaceman minifigure
    Awesome parts of the LEGO Movie

The writing ,voice-acting, Abraham Lincoln
    They're awesome
    Animation, live-action, and Will Ferrell
    They're awesome
    The ending, and music, and William Shakespeare
    That's awesome
    Everything you see, or hear, or miss
    Is awesome Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream
  15. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I went to watch this film due to the many great reviews.
    Review:
    Pros: A rather smart story with clever animation using CGI Lego blocks. It has an interesting twist at the end that was good but wasn't great. Cons: The unique animation wore out quite quickly. I fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. By then, the story had gone into the usual
    Review:
    Cons: The unique animation wore out quite quickly. I fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. By then, the story had gone into the usual exercise of car chases and planes shooting at things. A bit too much may have been spoiled by the trailer.
    3/5 - Good enough to watch it for free on the TV only.
  16. Jun 24, 2014
    This movie is great with so much positive things but it has two big problems that make my score get a little bit low but here's why:
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    _The score was awful to hear i was expecting something more great but the song 'Everything is awesome' is terrible and lazely chosen. But otherwise is good like the characters , the
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    is terrible and lazely chosen.

But otherwise is good like the characters , the story,the voice acting, and more other.

Good movie i recommended
  17. May 27, 2015
    Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message,Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message, laughs for everyone, and a catchy awesome song. An awesome must see and one of the best animated movies not by Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks.

P.S. Epic Lloyd and Nice Peter made an even awesome parody of the main theme in Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for "The Lego Commercial", check out the video on YouTube!
  18. Jul 22, 2014
    The first lego movie i have ever watched and im very impressed, although of course it is aimed at children it certainly keeps adults attention throughout the whole film, its a decent story and a very funny movie. it also looks stunning on BR 8/10
  19. Jul 5, 2014
    Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
  20. Jul 15, 2014
    There are a few of movies that actually give me the chills by the end. This was one of them. The storyline was absolutely amazing, it was extremely comedic, and well made. Incredibly animated. This movie is awesome. :)
  21. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  22. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;) The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  23. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  24. Aug 5, 2014
    Funny Entertaining and amazingly animated The Lego Movie is great fun for all ages. Easily the best animated movie i have ever seen.

My ratting 8/10 9/10 for animation/action 8/10 for comedy 8/10 for story 7.6/10 for characters/character development 7.5/10 for acting/voice
  25. Jul 29, 2014
    This is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you go watch... whatever that was...
  26. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  27. Aug 16, 2014
    This was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to getThis was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to get attached to any of these lego pieces. Also, it felt like a commercial for lego at times. If the animation, vocal performances, and humor wasn't so good, this wouldn't be so forgivable. All in all, the good out weighs the bad in this really fun movie! Expand
  28. Aug 26, 2014
    Great feel-good movie with a typical Hollywood-theme. I would recommend it to everyone because of the excellent story, but it's certainly a must-see for all LEGO-lovers and fans (young and old).
  29. Sep 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as TheThe LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as The Lion King. A must-see for children and all fans of those little plastic bricks. Expand
  30. Nov 16, 2014
    Genuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message aboutGenuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message about the importance of creativity woven beautifully through the movie. 100% recommended. Expand
  31. Sep 18, 2014
    In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can doIn my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand
  32. Oct 12, 2014
    "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" Including this movie and the Spaceship Guy.....Spaceship!..................................................................................................
  33. Dec 30, 2014
    This was one of the biggest surprises of 2014 I went into this movie planning to hate it for being a load of commercialised rubbish and what i got was a cleaver ,well acted, imaginative film. the animation is great using the actual lego to great effect and the humour is written very well
  34. Nov 8, 2014
    this movie is one of the best movies of the year the best part was bad cop he was like i will give you water thank you will to bad the 2nd might be bad cop
  35. Oct 29, 2014
    Best animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movie is made of LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  36. Nov 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just likeThe LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just like the addictive theme song of the movie suggests everything is awesome. Expand
  37. Dec 15, 2014
    The Lego Movie está llena de gastados clichés y de una historia más que vista, aunque el encantador elenco de voces y la maravillosa y excelente animación llegan a hacerla un poco divertida, pero puedo decir que es una película para niños.
  38. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Good: Hilarious and witty, The Lego Movie speaks to all ages. If you're a fan of Legos, you'll be treated to a long list of inside jokes that only a true fan would get. Even if you aren't, the one liners and action/comedy scenes are top notch. The ending, however, really makes the movie. An extremely creative idea. The Bad: Might
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Bad: Might go a little too far at times with the randomness and silliness. While non-Lego fans will still enjoy it, they will miss a large chunk of the humor.
  39. Nov 27, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than aThe LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than a children's animation. Expand
  40. Apr 28, 2015
    I am so surprised this movie didn't get nominated for best animated feature film, because it should've. The colorful animation and great voice acting should've won this movie that award for sure. 9/10 (Awesome)
  41. Jan 3, 2015
    Visualmente fascinante, para quem gosta ou não da franquia LEGO, a Warner Animation acertou ao fazer uma animação que vai virar uma franquia! Eu recomendo!!
  42. Dec 29, 2014
    While the movie doesn't bring anything new to the table, The LEGO Movie is a really fun adventure for all ages, containing some absolutely hilarious moments, some magnificent animation, and surprisingly exciting action scenes. This was a really big surprise for me.
  43. Jan 9, 2015
    One of my most favorite kids movie, surprisingly more than my mom, and entertained me a lot because of the lego settings, and waas probally the best movie of 2014. Also the stop motion animation with legos was top notch, and was the quickest movie to get started 10/10.
  44. Jan 13, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid wouldThe Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid would love to go to see this at the cinema. I didn’t like, though, the scenes in the real world, but besides that, this is a children’s must-see. Expand
  45. Jan 23, 2015
    while this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutterwhile this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutter characters and cookie cutter story. this one said screw that ill do my own thing. its not perfect, most flaws people point out are valid. but any one who gives this below a 7 is not being honest. this is one great family movie. and i cant wait to watch it again. Expand
  46. Feb 18, 2015
    An extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoysAn extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoys whip-smart comedy and brilliant fast-paced action. Expand
  47. Apr 20, 2015
    This movie was just plain awesome! The animation was top-notch, it had a fantastic cast of characters, and it's just so flipping funny! This movie just wants me to play with legos again and this has to be one of my favorite animated movies ever!
  48. Mar 5, 2015
    This is the best animated movie since Toy Story 3. The jokes, the writing, the message, the production, basically every scene is awesome in this movie !
    Must watch movie !!!
  49. Jun 30, 2015
    Whilst visually stunning, the choice of voice actors truly add to the humour and are perfect choices, particularly Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell. Every person who has watched this film has never forgotten the sweet yet ingenious lyrics to "Everything is AWESOME!!". Easy for kids to understand and great nostalgia for older Lego fans, The LEGO Movie has a safe spot on my topWhilst visually stunning, the choice of voice actors truly add to the humour and are perfect choices, particularly Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell. Every person who has watched this film has never forgotten the sweet yet ingenious lyrics to "Everything is AWESOME!!". Easy for kids to understand and great nostalgia for older Lego fans, The LEGO Movie has a safe spot on my top 10 of 2014. Expand
  50. Mar 15, 2015
    I thought this movie started out great...and then the major story-line kicked in. It's not bad, but it did get a little formulaic and maybe...just a little too flat.

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation. 'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation.

'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including watching a TV show with one, repetitive joke and buying expensive coffee, and singing a very infectious (if not, overplayed) song "Everything is Awesome".

I thought the movie started out fantastically with the sarcastic and repetitive jokes, Pratt proves that he can be funny just by vocal performance. The main mission starts when he meets a girl named Wild Style (Elizabeth Banks), who tells him that they need to find a "master builder" and find the Piece of Resistance.

There are some funny and colorful characters in the movie, my favorite one being Good Cop, Bad Cop (voiced by Liam Neeson), who often switches between his positive personality or his aggressive one. The main villain is Lord Business (Will Ferrell) who plans to use a thing called the "Kragle" to stop the citizens' freedom of building what they desire. The "Kragle" is some sort of glue that will obviously permanently stick the Lego's to the point of no freedom.

Another few funny characters are the ones from the DC Universe, you have; Batman (Will Arnett), Superman (Channing Tatum) and the funniest one being Green Lantern (Jonah Hill), whose camp personality must be Warner Bros Studio's way of saying how bad the 2011 film must be. It's nice to see that even they can take a joke.

I could go on and on about what's so great about the movie, but it's all there, you know why YOU loved it, I'm pretty much on the same wagon.

But I do have a few issues...after half way through the second act, the movie did get a little pacey for something that's only 96 minutes long, I did get a little distracted by other things. The jokes did start to run dry after the serious story kicked in, and...honestly...I do think that 96% on Rotten Tomatoes is pushing it a little for a film that's basically nothing but gimmicks.

However, the stop-motion animation is superb, Lego has been a part of my childhood like everybody else's and, overall, this is fun to watch. It's not the kind of movie I would rave about though, if I met somebody who says "I have never seen 'The LEGO Movie'", my reaction wouldn't be "WHAT?! You've NEVER seen 'The LEGO Movie'? You HAVE to watch it!", because, it's not exactly the kind of must-see movie out there.

I don;t think this movie is on par with 'Wreck-It Ralph' (2012), a movie I absolutely adore, but, like I said, it's worth watching at least once. That's why I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
  51. May 3, 2015
    @JonDoc
    it was cgi. Look it up. the just made it look like stop motion. next time you rant on a movie, make sure you dont make that mistake or your gonna have a bad time
  52. Jun 11, 2015
    Everything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constantEverything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constant throwbacks to pop-culture icons. All in all, watching The LEGO Movie will be one of the most fun movie experiences you’ve ever had. Expand
  53. chw
    Jul 22, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a really good movie. It's got to be the best animated film that isn't made by Disney Animated Studios or Pixar Studios, considering you'd think the story was for a Pixar movie.
  54. Aug 19, 2015
    The Lego Movie has good voice acting, all actors were good at their roles,plenty of heart , and enjoyment. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! It sends a heartwarming message.Worth buying on blu ray.

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.