The LEGO Movie

8.3

1. Feb 9, 2014
    This was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behind it really deserves a big pat on the back. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, and I will most definitely will be going to see thisThis was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behind it really deserves a big pat on the back. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, and I will most definitely will be going to see this again while in theaters. Expand
  2. Mar 3, 2014
    I loved this movie, it is incredible. The animation is wonderful, the characters are incredible likable, the message at the end is valuable, the plot twist is very well done and it's hilarious. There's nothing else to say but "Everything is awesome!" and as my friend Memburg said, "Spaceship!"
  3. Feb 10, 2014
    The Monty Python & The Holy Grail Of Computer Animated Comedies.
    The Minds Behind Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs & 21 Jump Street Bring Us Perhaps Their Best Yet.
  4. Feb 10, 2014
    The most anti-establishment kids movie I've ever seen. This movie plays like the matrix for kids. On surface level it seems silly, irrelevant and nostalgic; but under the surface lies a power message to disrupt the status quo. There is so much humour in this film I had tears in my eyes, who knows how much I missed. Definitely the best 'animated' film since ToyStory 3.
  5. Feb 11, 2014
    This movie is absolutely wonderful, you could put it right next to a Disney movie, easily. I can see why some people didn't like it, with the old school animation, cheesy jokes and the fact that its centered around the product, but as for the people who hate it, they are just stereotyping the movie as a kids movie or an advertisement. To truly enjoy this movie you must have an open mindThis movie is absolutely wonderful, you could put it right next to a Disney movie, easily. I can see why some people didn't like it, with the old school animation, cheesy jokes and the fact that its centered around the product, but as for the people who hate it, they are just stereotyping the movie as a kids movie or an advertisement. To truly enjoy this movie you must have an open mind and treat it just like any other movie Expand
  6. Feb 16, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!
  7. Feb 16, 2014
    A great movie right up until the live action part sucked the life right out. It was neither believable or necessary and had the same effect as the PSA for anti-piracy and smoking before the film.
  8. Feb 16, 2014
    This movie has potential to be the movie of the year. It manages to appeal to both children and adults, with rapid fire humor, one liners, well done action sequences, and several carefully intertwined themes, this movie is one of the best I've ever seen. I expected little more than a 2 hour Lego commercial, but got 2 hours of action, humor, and meta awareness.
  9. Feb 17, 2014
    This film is absolutely fantastic. It's quite similar to The Simpsons in the way that if you watch it as a child, you'll love it, but if you watch it as an adult, you'll love it even more as there is some bits of humor that only adults will understand.
    This film is a must see.
  10. Feb 18, 2014
    The lego movie is a fantastic departure from usual chosen one children's fare that provides a witty that young and old should watch the excellent voice talent from Chris Pratt, Jonah Hill, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, and Will Ferrel.l
  11. Feb 20, 2014
    Absolutely hilarious, Great film, Entertaining, Wether you are 7 or 50, its just great. The animation and story is carefuly and cleverly done, And the ending was lovely :,) WATCH THIS FILM RIGHT NOW
  12. Feb 22, 2014
    Filme muito bom,eu realmente achava que seria um filme somente focado para o público infantil,mas não! ele meio que abrange todos os públicos e tem um final que eu não esperava de maneire nenhuma,estão de parabéns !
  13. Feb 25, 2014
    A pleasant mix of lighthearted humor and emotional twists, The Lego movie didn't disappoint. Although I found the opening scene to be bad, the rest of the movie more than redeemed it.
  14. Feb 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed this film. The visuals are really good, the cast is strong and it has as many characters from as many different sets as it could possibly manage!

Even the subtle things like fire and water effects are the actual fire and water bricks you would get in a set not some standard explosion which would have been disjointed. Other things like 1980's spaceship guy having a worn logo and cracked helmet, things that are well known to have happened to that piece over time.

They did the best thing they could of done with the story and thats not make it perfect but make it as random as possible. There are flaws in the story yes but when you get to the end you realise why it is so random and it ties everything up in a nice neat bow.

Favourite characters are definitely 1980's spaceship guy and good cop bad cop.
  15. Mar 3, 2014
    How can you not give this film universal acclaim when it is able to get laughs, emotional connections, in a well-written story for all ages? The casting is massive and yet everyone works together at an even level. This is a highly enjoyable film from beginning to end, and recommended for anyone in 2014
  16. Feb 26, 2014
    The Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly usedThe Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly used them as soldiers playing war. This movie like the Shrek dynasty, is fine for any age. I never believe it when the ads say that but this is true. Expand
  17. Feb 28, 2014
    I really liked the movie because it gives moments of fun, but I did not expect realistic scenes. Either way was fine, it leaves a great message and creators strove for was not boring.
  18. Mar 11, 2014
    All i am going to say is that this movie is a must see for ALL AGES! Final Verdict:9/10 YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  19. Apr 5, 2014
    just a fun cool movie for the whole family!. The Lego movie is the best animated film since Toy story and will be among the best animated films of all time!. this is a highly recommended film to anyone, for any age and will keep you feeling awesome and cool. Just remember that everything is awesome and everything is cool when your part of a team!.
  20. Mar 15, 2014
    I went into this movie with an open mind and was not disappointed let me get this out of the way this movies visuals are amazing it looks like real Lego's and besides that this movie was just overall a very fun experience it was funny and had a very awesome part ast the end I'm not gonna post any spoilers the only thing that I was kind of upset about is that I would have liked to see moreI went into this movie with an open mind and was not disappointed let me get this out of the way this movies visuals are amazing it looks like real Lego's and besides that this movie was just overall a very fun experience it was funny and had a very awesome part ast the end I'm not gonna post any spoilers the only thing that I was kind of upset about is that I would have liked to see more creative things made in the lego movie besides the one thing at the end but besides that I'm gonna put this movie with my top ten favorite animated movies maybe even top five. Expand
  21. Mar 23, 2014
    I came into it thinking, "How can they possibly make a Lego Movie a good film on any serious level?" and was blown away. Yes, this is a film about little Lego people, but it resonates on as many levels with 20-somethings and 90s kids as it does with youngsters because of its clever plot-line, punchy humor, and numerous cultural references. A winner on all levels.
  22. Mar 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a fan of LEGO for over nine years, so I was excited to find out about this movie. I was expecting it to be a decent kids film, but it ended up being so much more. Its very creative and original as well as having beautiful animation (LEGO bricks everywhere!). Now, yes, this movie is an obvious advertisement for LEGO toys, but its a commercial done well. Also being a Batman fan, I was kind f worried about their take on the character being a jerk. Fortunately, he's really funny and is one of my favorite characters of the film. I shouldn't have been to worried since this isn't an official Batman thing after all, its just a parody of the character who reminds me of the same character in LEGO stop motion film maker Forrestfire101's videos. I'm actually surprised that a lot of the negative thoughts people have on the film is its live action ending. For me, I wouldn't have really liked the film without it. It solves the many plot holes I pointed out while watching it like, "If Business stole the Kragle 8 1/2 years ago, why not use it 8 1/2 years ago?" and "how did Batman know when to save Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, and Emmet while they were falling?" The point is, these were never plot holes! It was just a very young kid coming up with his own stupid story! It surprised when I got to this point in the film, and it made me feel nostalgic for the time I was a kid and came up with equally stupid stories. But despite all the good things I've been saying about the film, there are a few flaws I'd like to point out. If your watching the film for the first time, it can feel really fast paced around the beginning and some of the middle. However, it won't feel this way watching it the second time since you practically know whats gonna happen. My other flaw with the film, more of a nit pick actually, is that they get rid of the Good Cop character to quickly. I can't really consider it a spoiler since it happens right around the end of the first act, BEFORE we meet Batman, Uni-Kitty, Benny, and MetaBeard. I like the WAY they did it, but it they should have at least gotten rid of him in the middle of the film thus saving time for more jokes on the character. So, if you know someone who hasn't seen the film, go ahead and watch it with them. Expand
  23. May 30, 2014
    Nice. No more. A little disappointing but pleasant movie (thanks to the many LEGO cameos well used). It is only the first film, a good basis for the next LEGO movies which will must do better.
  24. Mar 30, 2014
    The lego movie is a very entertaining and funny movie for all ages to enjoy. I went with one of my best friends and we were laughing the whole time. The animation of the movie was very well done and I love how they had real people in the movie as well as animation.
  25. Mar 31, 2014
    Funny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. From the colorful cast to the almost deadpan humor, this movie is amazing in every single way.
  26. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  27. Apr 17, 2014
    A really funny, good kids movie. One of my favourites of 2014 so far. Even though its a kids movie there were many jokes that I loved and laughed a lot at. Animation was great how they made everything look like Lego even explosions. A well done movie.
  28. Apr 27, 2014
    Everything about this movie is completely awesome!! Definitely an Academy Award winner for next years oscars!!!! Everything Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  29. Apr 21, 2014
    Easily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicing promises one of the best movies ever made.
  30. Apr 27, 2014
    I basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it evenI basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it even featured some live action which was awesome. let's just say "everything is awesome" about this movie! Expand
  31. May 16, 2014
    I'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'mI'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'm going to rag on Lego shouldn't I be just as harsh on Transformers? Or should I just be grateful that Michael Bay didn't get his hands on this one? Like I said, I'm confused. But entertained. Expand
  32. May 19, 2014
    It's a great movie to watch and the best movie of 2014 and also has my flashback of when I was playing Legos and I recommend you to watch it when I comes to blue ray and DVD.
  33. May 30, 2014
    Decent flick but doesn't exactly deserve the praise it's been getting. Cinematography and casting are there but the story gets very slow towards the end. Humour is okay, very self-referential and predictable.
  34. Jun 24, 2014
    This movie is great with so much positive things but it has two big problems that make my score get a little bit low but here's why:
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    _The score was awful to hear i was expecting something more great but the song 'Everything is awesome' is terrible and lazely chosen. But otherwise is good like the characters , the
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    is terrible and lazely chosen.

But otherwise is good like the characters , the story,the voice acting, and more other.

Good movie i recommended
  35. May 27, 2015
    Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message,Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message, laughs for everyone, and a catchy awesome song. An awesome must see and one of the best animated movies not by Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks.

P.S. Epic Lloyd and Nice Peter made an even awesome parody of the main theme in Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for "The Lego Commercial", check out the video on YouTube!
  36. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  37. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  38. Aug 5, 2014
    Funny Entertaining and amazingly animated The Lego Movie is great fun for all ages. Easily the best animated movie i have ever seen.

My ratting 8/10 9/10 for animation/action 8/10 for comedy 8/10 for story 7.6/10 for characters/character development 7.5/10 for acting/voice
  39. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  40. Aug 16, 2014
    This was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to getThis was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to get attached to any of these lego pieces. Also, it felt like a commercial for lego at times. If the animation, vocal performances, and humor wasn't so good, this wouldn't be so forgivable. All in all, the good out weighs the bad in this really fun movie! Expand
  41. Aug 26, 2014
    Great feel-good movie with a typical Hollywood-theme. I would recommend it to everyone because of the excellent story, but it's certainly a must-see for all LEGO-lovers and fans (young and old).
  42. Oct 29, 2014
    Best animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movie is made of LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  43. Dec 15, 2014
    The Lego Movie está llena de gastados clichés y de una historia más que vista, aunque el encantador elenco de voces y la maravillosa y excelente animación llegan a hacerla un poco divertida, pero puedo decir que es una película para niños.
  44. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Good: Hilarious and witty, The Lego Movie speaks to all ages. If you're a fan of Legos, you'll be treated to a long list of inside jokes that only a true fan would get. Even if you aren't, the one liners and action/comedy scenes are top notch. The ending, however, really makes the movie. An extremely creative idea. The Bad: Might
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Bad: Might go a little too far at times with the randomness and silliness. While non-Lego fans will still enjoy it, they will miss a large chunk of the humor.
  45. Jan 3, 2015
    Visualmente fascinante, para quem gosta ou não da franquia LEGO, a Warner Animation acertou ao fazer uma animação que vai virar uma franquia! Eu recomendo!!
  46. Dec 29, 2014
    While the movie doesn't bring anything new to the table, The LEGO Movie is a really fun adventure for all ages, containing some absolutely hilarious moments, some magnificent animation, and surprisingly exciting action scenes. This was a really big surprise for me.
  47. Jan 9, 2015
    One of my most favorite kids movie, surprisingly more than my mom, and entertained me a lot because of the lego settings, and waas probally the best movie of 2014. Also the stop motion animation with legos was top notch, and was the quickest movie to get started 10/10.
  48. Jan 13, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid wouldThe Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid would love to go to see this at the cinema. I didn’t like, though, the scenes in the real world, but besides that, this is a children’s must-see. Expand
  49. Jan 23, 2015
    while this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutterwhile this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutter characters and cookie cutter story. this one said screw that ill do my own thing. its not perfect, most flaws people point out are valid. but any one who gives this below a 7 is not being honest. this is one great family movie. and i cant wait to watch it again. Expand
  50. Feb 18, 2015
    An extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoysAn extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoys whip-smart comedy and brilliant fast-paced action. Expand
  51. Apr 20, 2015
    This movie was just plain awesome! The animation was top-notch, it had a fantastic cast of characters, and it's just so flipping funny! This movie just wants me to play with legos again and this has to be one of my favorite animated movies ever!
  52. Mar 5, 2015
    This is the best animated movie since Toy Story 3. The jokes, the writing, the message, the production, basically every scene is awesome in this movie !
    Must watch movie !!!
  53. Mar 15, 2015
    I thought this movie started out great...and then the major story-line kicked in. It's not bad, but it did get a little formulaic and maybe...just a little too flat.

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation. 'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation.

'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including watching a TV show with one, repetitive joke and buying expensive coffee, and singing a very infectious (if not, overplayed) song "Everything is Awesome".

I thought the movie started out fantastically with the sarcastic and repetitive jokes, Pratt proves that he can be funny just by vocal performance. The main mission starts when he meets a girl named Wild Style (Elizabeth Banks), who tells him that they need to find a "master builder" and find the Piece of Resistance.

There are some funny and colorful characters in the movie, my favorite one being Good Cop, Bad Cop (voiced by Liam Neeson), who often switches between his positive personality or his aggressive one. The main villain is Lord Business (Will Ferrell) who plans to use a thing called the "Kragle" to stop the citizens' freedom of building what they desire. The "Kragle" is some sort of glue that will obviously permanently stick the Lego's to the point of no freedom.

Another few funny characters are the ones from the DC Universe, you have; Batman (Will Arnett), Superman (Channing Tatum) and the funniest one being Green Lantern (Jonah Hill), whose camp personality must be Warner Bros Studio's way of saying how bad the 2011 film must be. It's nice to see that even they can take a joke.

I could go on and on about what's so great about the movie, but it's all there, you know why YOU loved it, I'm pretty much on the same wagon.

But I do have a few issues...after half way through the second act, the movie did get a little pacey for something that's only 96 minutes long, I did get a little distracted by other things. The jokes did start to run dry after the serious story kicked in, and...honestly...I do think that 96% on Rotten Tomatoes is pushing it a little for a film that's basically nothing but gimmicks.

However, the stop-motion animation is superb, Lego has been a part of my childhood like everybody else's and, overall, this is fun to watch. It's not the kind of movie I would rave about though, if I met somebody who says "I have never seen 'The LEGO Movie'", my reaction wouldn't be "WHAT?! You've NEVER seen 'The LEGO Movie'? You HAVE to watch it!", because, it's not exactly the kind of must-see movie out there.

I don;t think this movie is on par with 'Wreck-It Ralph' (2012), a movie I absolutely adore, but, like I said, it's worth watching at least once. That's why I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
  54. May 3, 2015
    @JonDoc
    it was cgi. Look it up. the just made it look like stop motion. next time you rant on a movie, make sure you dont make that mistake or your gonna have a bad time
  55. Jun 11, 2015
    Everything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constantEverything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constant throwbacks to pop-culture icons. All in all, watching The LEGO Movie will be one of the most fun movie experiences you’ve ever had. Expand
  56. Aug 19, 2015
    The Lego Movie has good voice acting, all actors were good at their roles,plenty of heart , and enjoyment. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! It sends a heartwarming message.Worth buying on blu ray.
  57. Sep 30, 2015
    This movie shocked everyone I think. It's hilarious, creative, has multiple morals and a deeper meaning to everything. The Lego Movie is a must see for children and adults alike and definitely gets my vote as one of the best animated features this decade, even if the 'everything is awesome' song is cheesy and annoying!
  58. Sep 24, 2015
    "The LEGO Movie" is the best commercial ever made. The animation style is genius, the voice acting is perfect, plus the ending & the message are both brilliant. The more I re-watch it, the better it gets.
  59. chw
    Jul 22, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a really good movie. It's got to be the best animated film that isn't made by Disney Animated Studios or Pixar Studios, considering you'd think the story was for a Pixar movie.
  60. Sep 10, 2015
    DanBurrito Sep 10, 2015
    DanBurrito Sep 10, 2015
    This is without a doubt the best movie of 2014. I'm still horrified that it didn't get nominated for the Oscar AND that the decent-but-not-that-brilliant How To Train Your Dragon 2 beat it at the Golden Globes. This movie is really clever and witty, with plenty of LOL humour and a good story that entertains kids and adults alike. There's this kind of annoying thing that I can't mention because of spoilers towards the end that involves a portal-thingy but it's still a great movie. Fun for all ages! Collapse
  61. Oct 20, 2015
    When I was little I was never a fan of Lego, although my brother if it was (and currently) Lego fan. When he came out the first trailer for the film did not attract my attention, but felt that animation really is amazing. I went to the cinema with my brothers and only one word to describe the film: AWESOME !, Not only proves to be a masterpiece and one of the best films of 2014 but is alsoWhen I was little I was never a fan of Lego, although my brother if it was (and currently) Lego fan. When he came out the first trailer for the film did not attract my attention, but felt that animation really is amazing. I went to the cinema with my brothers and only one word to describe the film: AWESOME !, Not only proves to be a masterpiece and one of the best films of 2014 but is also a great idea from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. The story is narrated by Matrix style but in a more hilarious and sympathetic way to the public. I must also mention the great achievement of voices got for the film, for example Chris Pratt plays incredibly Emmet, a construction worker who hasn't have ideas that obviously ends up saving the day and Elizabeth Banks plays impressively Wyldstlye, a young master builder who will the will be the companion and girlfriend of the construction worker. I should also mention the incredible amount of players who were called to the film as Morgan Freeman, Will Ferrell, Charlie Day, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman, Will Arentt, Etc. I should also mention that live action scenes was something that impressed me in the cinema and also used his end. If you would give only bad thing about the film it is the cliche of "Believe in yourself" is something that we have seen in many films, but does not seem to affect him too much to the story. In total with animation, comedy, acting voice, story, characters, references and everything but it's really awesome. I regret a bit that wasn't nominated for an Oscar for best animated film (Damn you Oscars), i just hopefully not do the same with Shaun the Sheep Movie or Inside Out. In Total: The Lego Movie is Awesome and like the song says: Everything is Awesome! Expand
  62. Dec 4, 2015
    Funny movie for the whole family, and Will Ferrel makes it better. There have been many lego movies, but they all look cartoony, not like the real thing, in this movie they actually look like real legos which makes it better and makes me remember the days i used to make stopmotion vids of legos on my phone.
  63. Dec 29, 2015
    The pacing is very wacky and haphazard, which is refreshing but it did catch me off guard at the start. It's got great 'rewatch value' though so maybe I'd like it more a second time around. Still pretty good though
  64. Jan 3, 2016
    Everything Is Overrated. Yeah i mostly wasnt a big fan of this movie the frist time i saw this i enjoyed it but when i saw it again it was just Bull not one of Fav that the directors made.
  65. Mar 10, 2016
    The lego movie builds up on its hype and gives us a unexpected surprise. The lego movie has great characters, story, humor, and a lesson. All you have to do, is to believe. I know that sounds like a cat poster, but its true.
  66. Feb 27, 2016
    One of the best animated movie of 2014 and one of the best animated films to date. A impeccably voice cast with a really good story with lots of action that barely stops to take a breath. So many movie references it's tough to count them all. This movie aside from a couple of unnecessary butt jokes, Don't worry it's not much at all is incredibly entertaining and funny. The theme song isOne of the best animated movie of 2014 and one of the best animated films to date. A impeccably voice cast with a really good story with lots of action that barely stops to take a breath. So many movie references it's tough to count them all. This movie aside from a couple of unnecessary butt jokes, Don't worry it's not much at all is incredibly entertaining and funny. The theme song is catchy and has a great message for all ages. Expand
  67. Feb 21, 2016
    Easily the best kids film I've seen because adults and kids both have something to take away from this film and both can love this film, this is one of those films that I watch if i ever need to cheer myself up or if I want to watch a heart felt film. Go see it if you haven't.

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.