8.2

1. Jun 23, 2014
    The bright colors and action will make kids happy. However this works just as well for adults with a smart storyline and clever jokes. It's pure genius
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the best PG movies of 2014. And MORGAN FREEMAN IS IN IT. The animation is nice and they try to include a lot of humor too. Most young children will probably really enjoy it.
  3. Jul 4, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is a definite must-watch, because although it is a children's film, it can and it will surprise you. The animation style is really splendid and the sweet, humorous tone that the film sustains till the end is just awesome.
  4. Jul 22, 2014
    The first lego movie i have ever watched and im very impressed, although of course it is aimed at children it certainly keeps adults attention throughout the whole film, its a decent story and a very funny movie. it also looks stunning on BR 8/10
  5. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WOW! Amazing movie, 'The LEGO Movie' is one of the biggest surprises of this year.
    I need to confess that when this movie was announced, I think in a biggest disaster, but when the first reviews appeared I start to think positive about 'The LEGO Movie', and finally when I watch the movie, WOW, I left satisfied, because the result is spectacular.
    The story is very smart, has elements that make it attractive for children an adults, but the little problem is that at times is boring.
    The music is really awesome, the main theme, ''Everything is Awesome'', wow, so addictive hahaha. And the most impressive part of this movie is the animation, create all the film (or the 99% part of the movie) with legos, AMAZING.
    All the characters, the story, the music, the development of the trama and the characters, the animation, the script, and the cameos make this a great movie.
  6. Jul 5, 2014
    Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
  7. Jul 15, 2014
    There are a few of movies that actually give me the chills by the end. This was one of them. The storyline was absolutely amazing, it was extremely comedic, and well made. Incredibly animated. This movie is awesome. :)
  8. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  9. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;) The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  10. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  11. Aug 5, 2014
    Funny Entertaining and amazingly animated The Lego Movie is great fun for all ages. Easily the best animated movie i have ever seen.

My ratting 8/10 9/10 for animation/action 8/10 for comedy 8/10 for story 7.6/10 for characters/character development 7.5/10 for acting/voice
  12. Jul 28, 2014
    Attention: This is not a kids movie!
    Attention: This is not a kids movie!
    It does not matter if it is animation, "The LEGO Movie" succeeds in connecting with every member of the audience, regardless of age or origins. Through a really simple story, it manages to make some very strong points on many issues, from political propaganda to prosperity in life. Its allegories are more or less intelligent. "Awesome" action and fun won't disappoint children, but its unexpectedly deep meaning won't leave elders unsatisfied, too. There are flaws, especially some really uninspired comedy scenes, but it is a must-see, even if you feel too old for animation and LEGO.
  13. Jul 29, 2014
    This is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you go watch... whatever that was...
  14. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  15. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most recent animated feature I watch in a movie theatre and it is also one of the most creative film that I have ever watched. There is only one word to describe its plot, technique and art direction — phenomenal! Really, I am not kidding. Everything really is, awesome. They got me awestruck with all the pretty waters, fires, clouds and rainbows; a vibrant world constructed entirely with Legos and filled with interesting Lego Minifigures!

In addition to its lovely and immensely detailed world, The Lego Movie (2014) is quite entertaining to watch as there are plenty of hilarious gags, Lego humor and frank characters that always say what's on their mind without holding back. Strange but I am also enthralled with the way they portray totalitarian in Bricksburg, where instruction manuals are its people's bible which is both funny and sad at times. Nevertheless, watching it also induces nostalgia; the film reminds me of my early childhood where I used to have my own box of Legos. Maybe that's the reason why I was smiling and brimming with joy when I watch it. In short, the film spew nothing but awesomeness because it is that "one movie that has something for everyone".
  16. Nov 10, 2014
    With witty dialogue and unique stop motion visual effects, The LEGO Movie is a surprisingly smart and thought-provoking movie for not only children but adults too. Everything is awesome in this movie.
  17. Aug 16, 2014
    This was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to getThis was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to get attached to any of these lego pieces. Also, it felt like a commercial for lego at times. If the animation, vocal performances, and humor wasn't so good, this wouldn't be so forgivable. All in all, the good out weighs the bad in this really fun movie! Expand
  18. Aug 26, 2014
    Great feel-good movie with a typical Hollywood-theme. I would recommend it to everyone because of the excellent story, but it's certainly a must-see for all LEGO-lovers and fans (young and old).
  19. Sep 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as TheThe LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as The Lion King. A must-see for children and all fans of those little plastic bricks. Expand
  20. Nov 16, 2014
    Genuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message aboutGenuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message about the importance of creativity woven beautifully through the movie. 100% recommended. Expand
  21. Sep 18, 2014
    In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can doIn my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand
  22. Oct 12, 2014
    "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" Including this movie and the Spaceship Guy.....Spaceship!..................................................................................................
  23. Nov 8, 2014
    this movie is one of the best movies of the year the best part was bad cop he was like i will give you water thank you will to bad the 2nd might be bad cop
  24. Oct 29, 2014
    Best animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movie is made of LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  25. Nov 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just likeThe LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just like the addictive theme song of the movie suggests everything is awesome. Expand
  26. Dec 15, 2014
    The Lego Movie está llena de gastados clichés y de una historia más que vista, aunque el encantador elenco de voces y la maravillosa y excelente animación llegan a hacerla un poco divertida, pero puedo decir que es una película para niños.
  27. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Good: Hilarious and witty, The Lego Movie speaks to all ages. If you're a fan of Legos, you'll be treated to a long list of inside jokes that only a true fan would get. Even if you aren't, the one liners and action/comedy scenes are top notch. The ending, however, really makes the movie. An extremely creative idea. The Bad: Might
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Bad: Might go a little too far at times with the randomness and silliness. While non-Lego fans will still enjoy it, they will miss a large chunk of the humor.
  28. Nov 27, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than aThe LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than a children's animation. Expand
  29. Dec 16, 2014
    The Lego Movie sucks. It's one of the worst animated films i ever seen.
    I don't understand even why it was nominated for Golden Globe.
    The story and films is not good. I really don't understand that horrible film.
    My rate is zero. I hope it not winning or nominated for Oscar and Golden Globe

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.