The LEGO Movie

8.3

1. Mar 11, 2014
    All i am going to say is that this movie is a must see for ALL AGES! Final Verdict:9/10 YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  2. Apr 5, 2014
    just a fun cool movie for the whole family!. The Lego movie is the best animated film since Toy story and will be among the best animated films of all time!. this is a highly recommended film to anyone, for any age and will keep you feeling awesome and cool. Just remember that everything is awesome and everything is cool when your part of a team!.
  3. Mar 15, 2014
    I went into this movie with an open mind and was not disappointed let me get this out of the way this movies visuals are amazing it looks like real Lego's and besides that this movie was just overall a very fun experience it was funny and had a very awesome part ast the end I'm not gonna post any spoilers the only thing that I was kind of upset about is that I would have liked to see moreI went into this movie with an open mind and was not disappointed let me get this out of the way this movies visuals are amazing it looks like real Lego's and besides that this movie was just overall a very fun experience it was funny and had a very awesome part ast the end I'm not gonna post any spoilers the only thing that I was kind of upset about is that I would have liked to see more creative things made in the lego movie besides the one thing at the end but besides that I'm gonna put this movie with my top ten favorite animated movies maybe even top five. Expand
  4. Nov 23, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es una película que contiene una buena incorporación de elementos al azar que cuando se mezclan, el resultado es una buena película de animación.
  5. Mar 23, 2014
    I came into it thinking, "How can they possibly make a Lego Movie a good film on any serious level?" and was blown away. Yes, this is a film about little Lego people, but it resonates on as many levels with 20-somethings and 90s kids as it does with youngsters because of its clever plot-line, punchy humor, and numerous cultural references. A winner on all levels.
  6. Mar 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a fan of LEGO for over nine years, so I was excited to find out about this movie. I was expecting it to be a decent kids film, but it ended up being so much more. Its very creative and original as well as having beautiful animation (LEGO bricks everywhere!). Now, yes, this movie is an obvious advertisement for LEGO toys, but its a commercial done well. Also being a Batman fan, I was kind f worried about their take on the character being a jerk. Fortunately, he's really funny and is one of my favorite characters of the film. I shouldn't have been to worried since this isn't an official Batman thing after all, its just a parody of the character who reminds me of the same character in LEGO stop motion film maker Forrestfire101's videos. I'm actually surprised that a lot of the negative thoughts people have on the film is its live action ending. For me, I wouldn't have really liked the film without it. It solves the many plot holes I pointed out while watching it like, "If Business stole the Kragle 8 1/2 years ago, why not use it 8 1/2 years ago?" and "how did Batman know when to save Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, and Emmet while they were falling?" The point is, these were never plot holes! It was just a very young kid coming up with his own stupid story! It surprised when I got to this point in the film, and it made me feel nostalgic for the time I was a kid and came up with equally stupid stories. But despite all the good things I've been saying about the film, there are a few flaws I'd like to point out. If your watching the film for the first time, it can feel really fast paced around the beginning and some of the middle. However, it won't feel this way watching it the second time since you practically know whats gonna happen. My other flaw with the film, more of a nit pick actually, is that they get rid of the Good Cop character to quickly. I can't really consider it a spoiler since it happens right around the end of the first act, BEFORE we meet Batman, Uni-Kitty, Benny, and MetaBeard. I like the WAY they did it, but it they should have at least gotten rid of him in the middle of the film thus saving time for more jokes on the character. So, if you know someone who hasn't seen the film, go ahead and watch it with them. Expand
  7. May 30, 2014
    Nice. No more. A little disappointing but pleasant movie (thanks to the many LEGO cameos well used). It is only the first film, a good basis for the next LEGO movies which will must do better.
  8. Mar 30, 2014
    The lego movie is a very entertaining and funny movie for all ages to enjoy. I went with one of my best friends and we were laughing the whole time. The animation of the movie was very well done and I love how they had real people in the movie as well as animation.
  9. Mar 31, 2014
    Funny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. From the colorful cast to the almost deadpan humor, this movie is amazing in every single way.
  10. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  11. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  12. Apr 17, 2014
    A really funny, good kids movie. One of my favourites of 2014 so far. Even though its a kids movie there were many jokes that I loved and laughed a lot at. Animation was great how they made everything look like Lego even explosions. A well done movie.
  13. Apr 27, 2014
    Everything about this movie is completely awesome!! Definitely an Academy Award winner for next years oscars!!!! Everything Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  14. Apr 21, 2014
    Easily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicing promises one of the best movies ever made.
  15. Apr 27, 2014
    I basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it evenI basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it even featured some live action which was awesome. let's just say "everything is awesome" about this movie! Expand
  16. May 16, 2014
    I'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'mI'm conflicted about this movie. It's fun, entertaining, and downright hilarious in parts. Taken with a grain of salt it's a balls-out trip through a world exploding with color and life. But if I'm being cynical, and who isn't, it's truly just one giant piece of marketing. I mean, it is literally an advertising pitch that has been expanded into a movie. So where do we draw the line? If I'm going to rag on Lego shouldn't I be just as harsh on Transformers? Or should I just be grateful that Michael Bay didn't get his hands on this one? Like I said, I'm confused. But entertained. Expand
  17. May 19, 2014
    It's a great movie to watch and the best movie of 2014 and also has my flashback of when I was playing Legos and I recommend you to watch it when I comes to blue ray and DVD.
  18. May 30, 2014
    Decent flick but doesn't exactly deserve the praise it's been getting. Cinematography and casting are there but the story gets very slow towards the end. Humour is okay, very self-referential and predictable.
  19. Jun 4, 2014
    I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman,I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, ect.) It is not really violent and I believe it gave off a positive message to younger kids. My family can’t wait for it to come out on DVD, I already pre-ordered it. Expand
  20. Jun 9, 2014
    Everything is cool when you watch this movie
    Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details you find on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed

Everything is better when it's in LEGO

(Wooo)
    3, 2, 1. Go

Have you seen the film, everyone's talking
    The film is good 'cause everything's awesome
    Emmet is the 'chosen one', no, he's not voiced by Daniel Radcliffe
    No screen time for the boy wizard

It feels more awesome than an awesome Pixar movie
    Dip my body in pizza toppings
    Three years later, wash off the tomato
    Smellin' like a margherita pizza, everything is awesome
    LEGO Milhouse appears, has no spoken lines
    But it's awesome to see him, and it's awesome to love it (it's awesome to love it)

Everything is better when it's in LEGO
    Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details as on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed

LEGO-ized blue skies, Superman flies
    We just named two awesome things
    Batman arrives, plus plenty of other LEGO-ized things
    You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING!

Dumbledore on helium, double decker couch, a song which repeats itself
    Glue stick weapons, a cracked helmet on a Spaceman minifigure
    Awesome parts of the LEGO Movie

The writing ,voice-acting, Abraham Lincoln
    They're awesome
    Animation, live-action, and Will Ferrell
    They're awesome
    The ending, and music, and William Shakespeare
    That's awesome
    Everything you see, or hear, or miss
    Is awesome Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream
  21. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I went to watch this film due to the many great reviews.
    Review:
    Pros: A rather smart story with clever animation using CGI Lego blocks. It has an interesting twist at the end that was good but wasn't great. Cons: The unique animation wore out quite quickly. I fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. By then, the story had gone into the usual
    Review:
    Cons: The unique animation wore out quite quickly. I fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. By then, the story had gone into the usual exercise of car chases and planes shooting at things. A bit too much may have been spoiled by the trailer.
    3/5 - Good enough to watch it for free on the TV only.
  22. Jun 24, 2014
    This movie is great with so much positive things but it has two big problems that make my score get a little bit low but here's why:
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    _The score was awful to hear i was expecting something more great but the song 'Everything is awesome' is terrible and lazely chosen. But otherwise is good like the characters , the
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    is terrible and lazely chosen.

But otherwise is good like the characters , the story,the voice acting, and more other.

Good movie i recommended
  23. May 27, 2015
    Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message,Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message, laughs for everyone, and a catchy awesome song. An awesome must see and one of the best animated movies not by Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks.

P.S. Epic Lloyd and Nice Peter made an even awesome parody of the main theme in Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for "The Lego Commercial", check out the video on YouTube!
  24. Jul 22, 2014
    The first lego movie i have ever watched and im very impressed, although of course it is aimed at children it certainly keeps adults attention throughout the whole film, its a decent story and a very funny movie. it also looks stunning on BR 8/10
  25. Jul 5, 2014
    Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
  26. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  27. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;) The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  28. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  29. Aug 5, 2014
    Funny Entertaining and amazingly animated The Lego Movie is great fun for all ages. Easily the best animated movie i have ever seen.

My ratting 8/10 9/10 for animation/action 8/10 for comedy 8/10 for story 7.6/10 for characters/character development 7.5/10 for acting/voice
  30. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  31. Aug 16, 2014
    This was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to getThis was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to get attached to any of these lego pieces. Also, it felt like a commercial for lego at times. If the animation, vocal performances, and humor wasn't so good, this wouldn't be so forgivable. All in all, the good out weighs the bad in this really fun movie! Expand
  32. Aug 26, 2014
    Great feel-good movie with a typical Hollywood-theme. I would recommend it to everyone because of the excellent story, but it's certainly a must-see for all LEGO-lovers and fans (young and old).
  33. Sep 18, 2014
    In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can doIn my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand
  34. Oct 12, 2014
    "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" Including this movie and the Spaceship Guy.....Spaceship!..................................................................................................
  35. Dec 30, 2014
    This was one of the biggest surprises of 2014 I went into this movie planning to hate it for being a load of commercialised rubbish and what i got was a cleaver ,well acted, imaginative film. the animation is great using the actual lego to great effect and the humour is written very well
  36. Oct 29, 2014
    Best animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movie is made of LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  37. Dec 15, 2014
    The Lego Movie está llena de gastados clichés y de una historia más que vista, aunque el encantador elenco de voces y la maravillosa y excelente animación llegan a hacerla un poco divertida, pero puedo decir que es una película para niños.
  38. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Good: Hilarious and witty, The Lego Movie speaks to all ages. If you're a fan of Legos, you'll be treated to a long list of inside jokes that only a true fan would get. Even if you aren't, the one liners and action/comedy scenes are top notch. The ending, however, really makes the movie. An extremely creative idea. The Bad: Might
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Bad: Might go a little too far at times with the randomness and silliness. While non-Lego fans will still enjoy it, they will miss a large chunk of the humor.
  39. Nov 27, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than aThe LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than a children's animation. Expand
  40. Apr 28, 2015
    I am so surprised this movie didn't get nominated for best animated feature film, because it should've. The colorful animation and great voice acting should've won this movie that award for sure. 9/10 (Awesome)
  41. Jan 3, 2015
    Visualmente fascinante, para quem gosta ou não da franquia LEGO, a Warner Animation acertou ao fazer uma animação que vai virar uma franquia! Eu recomendo!!
  42. Dec 29, 2014
    While the movie doesn't bring anything new to the table, The LEGO Movie is a really fun adventure for all ages, containing some absolutely hilarious moments, some magnificent animation, and surprisingly exciting action scenes. This was a really big surprise for me.
  43. Jan 9, 2015
    One of my most favorite kids movie, surprisingly more than my mom, and entertained me a lot because of the lego settings, and waas probally the best movie of 2014. Also the stop motion animation with legos was top notch, and was the quickest movie to get started 10/10.
  44. Jan 13, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid wouldThe Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid would love to go to see this at the cinema. I didn’t like, though, the scenes in the real world, but besides that, this is a children’s must-see. Expand
  45. Jan 23, 2015
    while this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutterwhile this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutter characters and cookie cutter story. this one said screw that ill do my own thing. its not perfect, most flaws people point out are valid. but any one who gives this below a 7 is not being honest. this is one great family movie. and i cant wait to watch it again. Expand
  46. Feb 18, 2015
    An extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoysAn extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoys whip-smart comedy and brilliant fast-paced action. Expand
  47. Apr 20, 2015
    This movie was just plain awesome! The animation was top-notch, it had a fantastic cast of characters, and it's just so flipping funny! This movie just wants me to play with legos again and this has to be one of my favorite animated movies ever!
  48. Mar 5, 2015
    This is the best animated movie since Toy Story 3. The jokes, the writing, the message, the production, basically every scene is awesome in this movie !
    Must watch movie !!!
  49. Mar 15, 2015
    I thought this movie started out great...and then the major story-line kicked in. It's not bad, but it did get a little formulaic and maybe...just a little too flat.

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation. 'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation.

'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including watching a TV show with one, repetitive joke and buying expensive coffee, and singing a very infectious (if not, overplayed) song "Everything is Awesome".

I thought the movie started out fantastically with the sarcastic and repetitive jokes, Pratt proves that he can be funny just by vocal performance. The main mission starts when he meets a girl named Wild Style (Elizabeth Banks), who tells him that they need to find a "master builder" and find the Piece of Resistance.

There are some funny and colorful characters in the movie, my favorite one being Good Cop, Bad Cop (voiced by Liam Neeson), who often switches between his positive personality or his aggressive one. The main villain is Lord Business (Will Ferrell) who plans to use a thing called the "Kragle" to stop the citizens' freedom of building what they desire. The "Kragle" is some sort of glue that will obviously permanently stick the Lego's to the point of no freedom.

Another few funny characters are the ones from the DC Universe, you have; Batman (Will Arnett), Superman (Channing Tatum) and the funniest one being Green Lantern (Jonah Hill), whose camp personality must be Warner Bros Studio's way of saying how bad the 2011 film must be. It's nice to see that even they can take a joke.

I could go on and on about what's so great about the movie, but it's all there, you know why YOU loved it, I'm pretty much on the same wagon.

But I do have a few issues...after half way through the second act, the movie did get a little pacey for something that's only 96 minutes long, I did get a little distracted by other things. The jokes did start to run dry after the serious story kicked in, and...honestly...I do think that 96% on Rotten Tomatoes is pushing it a little for a film that's basically nothing but gimmicks.

However, the stop-motion animation is superb, Lego has been a part of my childhood like everybody else's and, overall, this is fun to watch. It's not the kind of movie I would rave about though, if I met somebody who says "I have never seen 'The LEGO Movie'", my reaction wouldn't be "WHAT?! You've NEVER seen 'The LEGO Movie'? You HAVE to watch it!", because, it's not exactly the kind of must-see movie out there.

I don;t think this movie is on par with 'Wreck-It Ralph' (2012), a movie I absolutely adore, but, like I said, it's worth watching at least once. That's why I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
  50. May 3, 2015
    @JonDoc
    it was cgi. Look it up. the just made it look like stop motion. next time you rant on a movie, make sure you dont make that mistake or your gonna have a bad time
  51. Jun 11, 2015
    Everything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constantEverything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constant throwbacks to pop-culture icons. All in all, watching The LEGO Movie will be one of the most fun movie experiences you’ve ever had. Expand
  52. Aug 19, 2015
    The Lego Movie has good voice acting, all actors were good at their roles,plenty of heart , and enjoyment. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! It sends a heartwarming message.Worth buying on blu ray.
  53. Sep 30, 2015
    This movie shocked everyone I think. It's hilarious, creative, has multiple morals and a deeper meaning to everything. The Lego Movie is a must see for children and adults alike and definitely gets my vote as one of the best animated features this decade, even if the 'everything is awesome' song is cheesy and annoying!
  54. Sep 24, 2015
    "The LEGO Movie" is the best commercial ever made. The animation style is genius, the voice acting is perfect, plus the ending & the message are both brilliant. The more I re-watch it, the better it gets.
  55. chw
    Jul 22, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a really good movie. It's got to be the best animated film that isn't made by Disney Animated Studios or Pixar Studios, considering you'd think the story was for a Pixar movie.
  56. Dec 31, 2015
    The movie itself was good but the live action scene just ruined the movie (well, for me at least). This movie, in my book, deserves a 4/10, because of the live action scene.
  57. Sep 10, 2015
    DanBurrito Sep 10, 2015
    DanBurrito Sep 10, 2015
    This is without a doubt the best movie of 2014. I'm still horrified that it didn't get nominated for the Oscar AND that the decent-but-not-that-brilliant How To Train Your Dragon 2 beat it at the Golden Globes. This movie is really clever and witty, with plenty of LOL humour and a good story that entertains kids and adults alike. There's this kind of annoying thing that I can't mention because of spoilers towards the end that involves a portal-thingy but it's still a great movie. Fun for all ages! Collapse
  58. Sep 27, 2015
    Going to the cinema with high expectations and finding that the film meets them in full always inspires a priceless sense of fulfilment. When I watched The LEGO Movie, in February 2014, my expectations were actually exceeded. The film is a success for many different reasons, thanks to its many layers of meaning; it gives the audience not only what they want, but also what they don’t knowGoing to the cinema with high expectations and finding that the film meets them in full always inspires a priceless sense of fulfilment. When I watched The LEGO Movie, in February 2014, my expectations were actually exceeded. The film is a success for many different reasons, thanks to its many layers of meaning; it gives the audience not only what they want, but also what they don’t know they want just yet. The story, focused on different aspects of the LEGO experience, combines impeccable CGI action, surprisingly sharp social critique, and a heartwarming message. As if this wasn’t enough, it’s directed by 21 Jump Street’s hot duo Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, and its voice cast includes Chris Pratt (you’ll see him in Guardians of the Galaxy soon), Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks and Will Arnett. Plus Morgan Freeman voicing Vitruvius, the half-looney half-prophet wizard. And did I mention Liam Neeson, playing Bad Cop (or Good Cop, depending on what turn his interrogation takes)? Considering the past results in developing a cinematic product based on well-established brands (mostly hit and miss, to use an understatement), the outcome is astonishingly positive. The LEGO Movie has become Warner Bros. Pictures’ most commercially successful animated film, grossing almost $500 million worldwide, and soon due for release in DVD and Blu-ray. Whereas extra content is meagre (limited to three amateur shorts and the film’s main song singalong video), it’s well worth saving The LEGO Movie a spot on your shelf.

The LEGO Movie’s story develops the proverbial “Everyman turns into hero” arch in three acts: the film opens presenting Emmet, an ordinary construction worker who lives following instructions. President Business tells him (and all citizens) what to do and decides what should make him happy, and Emmet is ecstatic to comply: he buys overpriced coffee, endlessly quotes awful sitcom catchphrases, sings to the most annoying (and most memorable) tune in the history of made-to-be-abhorred songs, happily follows every precept of his society in order to fit in. Sounds like the world surrounding you, doesn’t it? Well, Emmet also happens to be the “Chosen One”, he who is revealed will save the LEGO universe from the threat of Business’s secret weapon: superglue. Along with a team of whacky rebels, Emmet will travel across lands in a journey of self-discovery, personal growth and meta-reflections on the spirit of LEGO as a product. With a closing moral that poignantly celebrates art for art’s sake.

Who initially thought that all this is just product placement, may want to take a closer look: The LEGO Movie doesn’t make you want to buy and play LEGO, it just makes you want to watch the film again and again. You can’t get enough of its hilarious and nipping approach, elevating even the most mundane stuff into joie de vivre: from special effects entirely made of LEGO (explosions, smoke, fire, and even the shower’s water) and over-the-top action sequences, to countless cool references to pop culture and the history of LEGO (Benny, the "1980-something space guy" with an obsession for building spaceships, wears an helmet cracked in the exact spot where real-life LEGO pieces would usually break). I could go on forever. The LEGO Movie is the kind of film that you find yourself quoting as soon as you leave the cinema: “And when this happens… and when Vitruvius says… and when Batman does this and that…”. Oh boy, I feel like I’m 10 again. At that age I had a few cherished VHS of animated classics that I never grew tired of watching: The Sword in the Stone, 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, Toy Story. If I were that boy now, The LEGO Movie would surely earn a place among them.
  59. Oct 20, 2015
    When I was little I was never a fan of Lego, although my brother if it was (and currently) Lego fan. When he came out the first trailer for the film did not attract my attention, but felt that animation really is amazing. I went to the cinema with my brothers and only one word to describe the film: AWESOME !, Not only proves to be a masterpiece and one of the best films of 2014 but is alsoWhen I was little I was never a fan of Lego, although my brother if it was (and currently) Lego fan. When he came out the first trailer for the film did not attract my attention, but felt that animation really is amazing. I went to the cinema with my brothers and only one word to describe the film: AWESOME !, Not only proves to be a masterpiece and one of the best films of 2014 but is also a great idea from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. The story is narrated by Matrix style but in a more hilarious and sympathetic way to the public. I must also mention the great achievement of voices got for the film, for example Chris Pratt plays incredibly Emmet, a construction worker who hasn't have ideas that obviously ends up saving the day and Elizabeth Banks plays impressively Wyldstlye, a young master builder who will the will be the companion and girlfriend of the construction worker. I should also mention the incredible amount of players who were called to the film as Morgan Freeman, Will Ferrell, Charlie Day, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman, Will Arentt, Etc. I should also mention that live action scenes was something that impressed me in the cinema and also used his end. If you would give only bad thing about the film it is the cliche of "Believe in yourself" is something that we have seen in many films, but does not seem to affect him too much to the story. In total with animation, comedy, acting voice, story, characters, references and everything but it's really awesome. I regret a bit that wasn't nominated for an Oscar for best animated film (Damn you Oscars), i just hopefully not do the same with Shaun the Sheep Movie or Inside Out. In Total: The Lego Movie is Awesome and like the song says: Everything is Awesome! Expand
  60. Dec 8, 2015
    It is a good underdog story, and it is well made, but almost everything this movie is awsssssooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeee, especially when you part of a team.
  61. Dec 4, 2015
    Funny movie for the whole family, and Will Ferrel makes it better. There have been many lego movies, but they all look cartoony, not like the real thing, in this movie they actually look like real legos which makes it better and makes me remember the days i used to make stopmotion vids of legos on my phone.
  62. Dec 29, 2015
    The pacing is very wacky and haphazard, which is refreshing but it did catch me off guard at the start. It's got great 'rewatch value' though so maybe I'd like it more a second time around. Still pretty good though
  63. Jan 3, 2016
    Everything Is Overrated. Yeah i mostly wasnt a big fan of this movie the frist time i saw this i enjoyed it but when i saw it again it was just Bull not one of Fav that the directors made.

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.