The LEGO Movie

8.3

1. Jan 15, 2016
    A movie with LEGO wouldn't work out fine here, right? You gained a well-known story, comedy that works out way too good, and such hidden cameos of characters disguised as LEGO people. What do you get? The LEGO Movie.
  2. Aug 18, 2014
    This was way better than I expected. Early on in the film, I was scratching my head as to why it was so critically acclaimed. However, by the end, I was sold. It is funny, exciting, touching, inspirational, and way more than some children's movie or just some movie about toys. I loved the animation technique and the voice acting from everyone is great, in particular Will Arnett as Batman,This was way better than I expected. Early on in the film, I was scratching my head as to why it was so critically acclaimed. However, by the end, I was sold. It is funny, exciting, touching, inspirational, and way more than some children's movie or just some movie about toys. I loved the animation technique and the voice acting from everyone is great, in particular Will Arnett as Batman, who is hilarious. I like all the references to different elements from Lego and different elements of the characters they portray. It really added to the humor and made the ride all the more enjoyable. The whole Lego World they created here is marvelous and they truly brought it to life. It was like watching my imagination from childhood, but with things actually built correctly and alive. A truly magical experience, The Lego Movie works on nearly every level imaginable and is worthy of the praise it has received. Expand
  3. Feb 18, 2014
    The popular building block toy has its own world in this typical animated adventure: an ordinary Lego figure ends up in a quest to save the world from an evil tyrant. There's a liberal sprinkling of in jokes and snappy grown-up references. The visual style is cluttered, none of the characters are particularly memorable and the many chases are lively but unfocused. The pacing starts to lagThe popular building block toy has its own world in this typical animated adventure: an ordinary Lego figure ends up in a quest to save the world from an evil tyrant. There's a liberal sprinkling of in jokes and snappy grown-up references. The visual style is cluttered, none of the characters are particularly memorable and the many chases are lively but unfocused. The pacing starts to lag near the end. Still, the sometimes creative visuals and overall energetic approach should please eager young viewers, giving fans of the form plenty to play with. Expand
  4. Jul 17, 2014
    Quite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same timeQuite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same time providing enough intelligence and an excellent message to satisfy older audiences. In a lot of ways it's the new Toy Story. It's the perfect family movie and an absolute must watch. Expand
  5. Feb 9, 2014
    Thankfully, "The Lego Movie" is not just an absurdly entertaining, pop-culture-reference-filled romp of childhood nostalgia, it is also an impeccably well-written narrative with stunning animation and a brilliant respect for its audience.
  6. May 1, 2014
    The Lego Movie is more than meets the eye. On the surface its smart, witty and immensely entertaining but carries a deeper meaning that makes it unique. Outside of Pixar, this is one of the best animation films in years.
  7. Feb 7, 2014
    Being an awesome ride with emotion that really stands out, The LEGO Movie is a fast-paced, quick-witted adventure that's also so endearing it makes one's heart swell.
  8. Jun 17, 2014
    3D animation is a new thing in the cinema world. Just the two decades old technology, which started with 'Toy Story'. So as it is young, filmmakers utilizing it very awesomely to create great stuffs. So far we had seen the many wonders of classical tales such as 'Tangled', 'Frozen' et cetera, as well based on the modern subjects like, 'Cars', 'Turbo' et cetera. Here it comes one more movie3D animation is a new thing in the cinema world. Just the two decades old technology, which started with 'Toy Story'. So as it is young, filmmakers utilizing it very awesomely to create great stuffs. So far we had seen the many wonders of classical tales such as 'Tangled', 'Frozen' et cetera, as well based on the modern subjects like, 'Cars', 'Turbo' et cetera. Here it comes one more movie that specially made referring gaming object like the recent one 'Wreck-It-Ralp'.

I loved 'Wreck-It-Ralp', but the fact is that I was not in favour of this movie. Expected it gonna bomb at the box office, then surprised me with the result and made very curious. I knew characters in the form of Lego bricks are easy to animate, we can say just like the stop-motion animation, but it won't give smooth pleasurable flow. That truly bothered me over this movie. Once I began to watch within a few minutes I got adjusted with it so comfortable and enjoyed completely.

The story of an ordinary construction worker, Emmet and his unexpected journey towards saving the world. He was accompanied by the great fighters and warriors and superheroes. He has to find the secret plan of villainous leader who controls the land of Lego and must defeat him. To know that you must watch the movie.

It is a nice movie, though the story is not fresh. Kind of spoof which imitates recent past movies like 'The Lord of the Rings', Chris Nolan's Batman movie and many others. Especially all the famous characters from various movies had the cameos. It was so fun having them together in one place. So it is not the story, but the way of story telling was so innovative and modern and that showed this movie to the gate of success.

I remember I had the best time building something with these Lego bricks in my childhood. All those memories came alive after watching this just like I remembered during 'Wreck-It-Ralp'. It is such a cute movie with fun characters. A smart movie for all age group. I am very much sure it will be one the strongest contender for the next edition of the Oscar ceremony. At present I am not seeing any other equally good ones so who know it may win, but have to wait for another 6 months to know that.
  9. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    The Lego Movie may have a cliché story but that doesn’t prevent it from being really entertaining. The characters are likable and funny, the writing keeps things interesting with some smart humor, the story is clever and not as cliché as it may seem, and the animation is fantastic. This is a movie that everyone will enjoy. Kids will love seeing legos and parents will enjoy the charm andThe Lego Movie may have a cliché story but that doesn’t prevent it from being really entertaining. The characters are likable and funny, the writing keeps things interesting with some smart humor, the story is clever and not as cliché as it may seem, and the animation is fantastic. This is a movie that everyone will enjoy. Kids will love seeing legos and parents will enjoy the charm and wit the film has. Wreck-It Ralph has heart and The Lego Movie has the humor so take your pick. For me this is what a wanted to see when I saw Wreck-It Ralph a bunch of iconic characters on an awesome adventure with some clever writing and humor with lots of world hopping and actually using the famous characters. Expand
  11. Jun 30, 2015
    Whilst visually stunning, the choice of voice actors truly add to the humour and are perfect choices, particularly Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell. Every person who has watched this film has never forgotten the sweet yet ingenious lyrics to "Everything is AWESOME!!". Easy for kids to understand and great nostalgia for older Lego fans, The LEGO Movie has a safe spot on my topWhilst visually stunning, the choice of voice actors truly add to the humour and are perfect choices, particularly Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell. Every person who has watched this film has never forgotten the sweet yet ingenious lyrics to "Everything is AWESOME!!". Easy for kids to understand and great nostalgia for older Lego fans, The LEGO Movie has a safe spot on my top 10 of 2014. Expand
  12. Feb 27, 2014
    I enjoyed the jerky animation style and laughed quite a bit. The children in the theater seemed into the movie as well. The pacing is frantic and sometimes you can't tell what's going on. Not a great animated film but a good one.
  13. May 8, 2015
    If ever there was a movie that defined "surprise hit" this is it. Never in a million years did I think I was going to like this. Yet I did.

Great animation, or stop motion, whatever. Great voice acting. Fun plot and pretty funny humor. However, I did feel the pacing was off and very inconsistent. Dragging, then suddenly jumping forward, then dragging again. Stop, go, stop, go. This

However, I did feel the pacing was off and very inconsistent. Dragging, then suddenly jumping forward, then dragging again. Stop, go, stop, go. This pacing style did kinda disrupt many of the jokes, not letting them sink in or get overshadowed by the next thing happening.

Overall:
    The LEGO movie is a ton of fun. Even with its minor flaws I thoroughly enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
  14. Feb 7, 2014
    This movie ROCKS!! It freakin ROCKS!!! The first movie of this new year to wow and completely amaze me in animation and even comedy. That's one of the biggest strengths of this movie, it's absolutely hilarious! I'm not Bull-Sh*ting you guys! It's really hilarious! Trust me! The story is surprisingly clever and the pop culture references sparkle. And it's filled with an outstanding voiceThis movie ROCKS!! It freakin ROCKS!!! The first movie of this new year to wow and completely amaze me in animation and even comedy. That's one of the biggest strengths of this movie, it's absolutely hilarious! I'm not Bull-Sh*ting you guys! It's really hilarious! Trust me! The story is surprisingly clever and the pop culture references sparkle. And it's filled with an outstanding voice cast lead by Chris Pratt, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell, etc. I can go on and on, but let me cut to the chase. If you're a fan of lego's, YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LAUGH YOUR BUTTS OFF AND LOVE THIS FRICKIN MOVIE. nuff said. This obviously deserves an A+!!!!!!!! Expand
  15. Feb 19, 2015
    There hasn't been any movie, even in animation, which has the visual of The Lego Movie. Having one of a kind trait that everyone can relate to is a significant edge. It assembles the visual of CGI for stop motion feel, vigorous cast and truly entertaining script filled with pop culture references. The movie is as exciting as getting your first set of Lego.

Emmet (Chris Pratt) is a Lego

Emmet (Chris Pratt) is a Lego construction man, the run-of-the-mill ordinary one. He stumbles across a mysterious piece after his work day is over. What comes is the heroic journey where he gathers friend to overthrown the nasty antagonist. This simple premise is used with very satirical tone, and also unexpectedly deep narrative. The movie doesn’t dwell too seriously on already known formula, it administers them with unusually fresh variety. It delivers an underlying message that resonates not only to children, but also all ages.

Cast is simply wonderful. Everyone has their own distinguish over-the-top flair. The characters are representation of pop culture, from Batman, Morgan Freeman’s prophetic Vitruvius to Liam Neeson's no nonsense Bad Cop. Glued by an amazingly witty script and lightning fast pace, the movie tirelessly delivers spot-on jokes, crazy one-liner in addition to surprisingly tender moments. The humor is sharp as well as cynical, they churn out humorous banter in nearly every conversations.

Graphic is nicely done, nowadays film animations have their own different lively styles. However, The Lego Movie utilizes familiarity of its brand to the audience. It's compelling to see the minute details they put in, creative design such as the spaceship parts or the waves of ocean that imaginatively engaging, even if some looks simplistic. These features also contribute naturally on its many inside jokes.

The Lego Movie embodies the spirit of the toy, it's fun, ageless and offers delightful experience.
  16. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Good: Hilarious and witty, The Lego Movie speaks to all ages. If you're a fan of Legos, you'll be treated to a long list of inside jokes that only a true fan would get. Even if you aren't, the one liners and action/comedy scenes are top notch. The ending, however, really makes the movie. An extremely creative idea. The Bad: Might
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Bad: Might go a little too far at times with the randomness and silliness. While non-Lego fans will still enjoy it, they will miss a large chunk of the humor.
  17. Apr 25, 2014
    With witty dialogue and unique stop motion visual effects, The LEGO Movie is a surprisingly smart and thought-provoking movie for not only children but adults too. Everything is awesome in this movie.
  18. Dec 30, 2014
    This was one of the biggest surprises of 2014 I went into this movie planning to hate it for being a load of commercialised rubbish and what i got was a cleaver ,well acted, imaginative film. the animation is great using the actual lego to great effect and the humour is written very well
  19. Apr 19, 2016
    Going to the cinema with high expectations and finding that the film meets them in full always inspires a priceless sense of fulfilment. When I watched The LEGO Movie, in February 2014, my expectations were actually exceeded. The film is a success for many different reasons, thanks to its many layers of meaning; it gives the audience not only what they want, but also what they don’t knowGoing to the cinema with high expectations and finding that the film meets them in full always inspires a priceless sense of fulfilment. When I watched The LEGO Movie, in February 2014, my expectations were actually exceeded. The film is a success for many different reasons, thanks to its many layers of meaning; it gives the audience not only what they want, but also what they don’t know they want just yet. The story, focused on different aspects of the LEGO experience, combines impeccable CGI action, surprisingly sharp social critique, and a heartwarming message. As if this wasn’t enough, it’s directed by 21 Jump Street’s hot duo Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, and its voice cast includes Chris Pratt (you’ll see him in Guardians of the Galaxy soon), Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks and Will Arnett. Plus Morgan Freeman voicing Vitruvius, the half-looney half-prophet wizard. And did I mention Liam Neeson, playing Bad Cop (or Good Cop, depending on what turn his interrogation takes)? Considering the past results in developing a cinematic product based on well-established brands (mostly hit and miss, to use an understatement), the outcome is astonishingly positive. The LEGO Movie has become Warner Bros. Pictures’ most commercially successful animated film, grossing almost $500 million worldwide, and soon due for release in DVD and Blu-ray. Whereas extra content is meagre (limited to three amateur shorts and the film’s main song singalong video), it’s well worth saving The LEGO Movie a spot on your shelf.

The LEGO Movie’s story develops the proverbial “Everyman turns into hero” arch in three acts: the film opens presenting Emmet, an ordinary construction worker who lives following instructions. President Business tells him (and all citizens) what to do and decides what should make him happy, and Emmet is ecstatic to comply: he buys overpriced coffee, endlessly quotes awful sitcom catchphrases, sings to the most annoying (and most memorable) tune in the history of made-to-be-abhorred songs, happily follows every precept of his society in order to fit in. Sounds like the world surrounding you, doesn’t it? Well, Emmet also happens to be the “Chosen One”, he who is revealed will save the LEGO universe from the threat of Business’s secret weapon: superglue. Along with a team of whacky rebels, Emmet will travel across lands in a journey of self-discovery, personal growth and meta-reflections on the spirit of LEGO as a product. With a closing moral that poignantly celebrates art for art’s sake.

Who initially thought that all this is just product placement, may want to take a closer look: The LEGO Movie doesn’t make you want to buy and play LEGO, it just makes you want to watch the film again and again. You can’t get enough of its hilarious and nipping approach, elevating even the most mundane stuff into joie de vivre: from special effects entirely made of LEGO (explosions, smoke, fire, and even the shower’s water) and over-the-top action sequences, to countless cool references to pop culture and the history of LEGO (Benny, the "1980-something space guy" with an obsession for building spaceships, wears an helmet cracked in the exact spot where real-life LEGO pieces would usually break). I could go on forever. The LEGO Movie is the kind of film that you find yourself quoting as soon as you leave the cinema: “And when this happens… and when Vitruvius says… and when Batman does this and that…”. Oh boy, I feel like I’m 10 again. At that age I had a few cherished VHS of animated classics that I never grew tired of watching: The Sword in the Stone, 101 Dalmatians, Robin Hood, Toy Story. If I were that boy now, The LEGO Movie would surely earn a place among them.
  20. Nov 10, 2014
  21. Feb 8, 2014
    It's a very clever film - I found myself laughing at SO many references. The voice talent is really amazing - in particular Charlie Day as the spaceman. I haven't played the LEGO videogames or bought the licensed sets, so much of this was new to me. Other than one slow stretch just after the middle section, the is excellent - almost TOO fast, if you can believe it. Warner is going to beIt's a very clever film - I found myself laughing at SO many references. The voice talent is really amazing - in particular Charlie Day as the spaceman. I haven't played the LEGO videogames or bought the licensed sets, so much of this was new to me. Other than one slow stretch just after the middle section, the is excellent - almost TOO fast, if you can believe it. Warner is going to be able to mint money with this franchise, I have a feeling. I'm predicting a solid 90mil opening weekend take. Expand
  22. Nov 17, 2014
    The LEGO Movie never quite reaches the heights of the very best animated movies but with its fantastic voice cast it makes for an entertaining, and often pretty funny, hour and a half for kids and adults alike.
  23. chw
    Jul 22, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a really good movie. It's got to be the best animated film that isn't made by Disney Animated Studios or Pixar Studios, considering you'd think the story was for a Pixar movie.
  24. Jan 8, 2015
    Wow. This was way better than I was expecting. The animation was stunning, the whole thing, from the screenplay to the action, was full of invention and creativity, and it's actually pretty profound and original to boot. I loved the characters. They're funny, very well voiced, and overall, endearing. There's never a dull moment either. The beautifully animated action is often bothWow. This was way better than I was expecting. The animation was stunning, the whole thing, from the screenplay to the action, was full of invention and creativity, and it's actually pretty profound and original to boot. I loved the characters. They're funny, very well voiced, and overall, endearing. There's never a dull moment either. The beautifully animated action is often both witty and exciting at the same time. The ending, believe it or not, is extremely meta. It's actually as deep a meditation on the human imagination, alternate realities, and separate universes as anything you can find in The Matrix, Inception, or Interstellar. It's actually quite ambiguous too. There are quite a few possible explanations for what was actually happening, and I'm sure you'll have them bounding around through your head once you see it. This is as good as animated movies get and one of the best films of 2014 from any genre. Expand
  25. Sep 30, 2015
    This movie shocked everyone I think. It's hilarious, creative, has multiple morals and a deeper meaning to everything. The Lego Movie is a must see for children and adults alike and definitely gets my vote as one of the best animated features this decade, even if the 'everything is awesome' song is cheesy and annoying!
  26. May 6, 2016
    The Lego Movie gives a family-friendly message, uses funny and entertained story-telling and eccentric characters for entertain any kind of viewers, generally. This film is, of curse, some kind of difficult to understand because of its fast time-moving. But anyway, is very inventive and looks the fantasy side like the human side, for give a great and one-of-a-kind plot, with imagination,The Lego Movie gives a family-friendly message, uses funny and entertained story-telling and eccentric characters for entertain any kind of viewers, generally. This film is, of curse, some kind of difficult to understand because of its fast time-moving. But anyway, is very inventive and looks the fantasy side like the human side, for give a great and one-of-a-kind plot, with imagination, heart and many pretty colors. Expand
  27. Jun 18, 2014
    "MasterBuilders spend years training themselves to clear their minds enough to have even a fleeting glimpse of The Man Upstairs and yet, your mind is already so prodigiously empty that there is nothing in it to clear away in the first place. With proper training you could become a great MasterBuilder."

It's strange when a movie that comes out in the beginning of the year does so well at both the box office and with critical reception but The Lego Movie absolutely blows both of those out of the water. Now seeing that both Chris Miller and Phil Lord wrote/directed this movie i think they might be my new favorite comedy directors as i have loved their last three movies those being This, and both 21 and 22 Jump Street. The 3D Animation is amazing yet still retro with how it looks like its stop motion, this is most noticeable when you see the waves in the blocky ocean. The Lego movie is a fast paced, action packed, thrill ride, loaded with an abundance of humor, and an amazing set of actors lending their voices to many, many Lego characters.

Our story follow a normal construction worker named Emmet Brickowski (Chris Pratt) from the town of Bricksburg owned by Lord Business (Will Ferrell). Emmet is just your everyday normal do it by the instructions guy and while after work hours one night he notices someone looking around for something on the work site as he is about to call the police they take their hood off and Emmet notices that its a really hot woman. Emmet is struck with awe and cannot even complete his sentence just then she happens to run away and Emmet starts to run after her but falls into a hole and finds the "Piece of Resistance". After touching it Emmet receives a crazy vision and passes out, he awakens with the piece of resistance stuck on his back and in the custody of Lord Business lieutenant Bad Cop (Liam Neeson) this is where he learns the plans of Lord Business to cover the entire world in Kragle which happens to turn out to be a tube of Krazy Glue with some of the letters scratched out.

Just as they are about to take the Piece of Resistance a mystery person shows up and saves Emmet which we soon find out happens to be the same woman person Emmet saw at this work, she says her name is Wyldstyle (Elizabeth Banks) and she goes on to tell Emmet that he is the most special, and most important person in all the world. Of course Emmet is still struck with how beautiful she is just agrees to everything she says in which we later find out everything she thought about him turns out to be wrong. Now we have our movie where we see Emmet go from a normal guy to being the savior of The Lego Universe with the help of his friends of course. We see The Lego Universe comes to life when are introduced to other Lego lands like The Old West, Pirate's Cove, Vikings Landing and my absolute favorite Middle Zealand. A big reason to why this movie was so awesome is all the cameo's the movie has like Shaquille O'Neal as his Lego self, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as Superman and Green Lantern, also the tons of characters that didn't get a voice but just a cameo, and it was finally great to see Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman even if it was just her voice acting because she was the actress back in 2005 on Joss Whedon's short list for his now scrapped Wonder Woman project.

My only problem with the movie was the ending and that it brings in real life and real life drama into the movie which honestly wasn't needed to make its point. Even though the ending was my least favorite part it had my most favorite scene, where Emmet is talking to Lord Business about him not having to be a bad person anymore. Now i see people saying Will Arnett as Batman was the best character from the movie and sure he was great but personally i laughed harder with Benny (Charlie Day) especially at the spaceship part. SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!!

Overall i give it a 8.5 I seriously can't wait for the Ninjago spin-off movie in 2016 and The Lego Movie sequel in 2017
  28. May 31, 2014
    Everything is awesome! Great animated movie is more than a 'commercial' for the LEGO line of toys but a celebration of creativity and inner childhood. Animated using a combination of Stop motion and CGI, it takes a while to get used to..but otherwise it's great entertainment for the family.
  29. Sep 10, 2015
    DanBurrito Sep 10, 2015
    DanBurrito Sep 10, 2015
    This is without a doubt the best movie of 2014. I'm still horrified that it didn't get nominated for the Oscar AND that the decent-but-not-that-brilliant How To Train Your Dragon 2 beat it at the Golden Globes. This movie is really clever and witty, with plenty of LOL humour and a good story that entertains kids and adults alike. There's this kind of annoying thing that I can't mention because of spoilers towards the end that involves a portal-thingy but it's still a great movie. Fun for all ages! Collapse
  30. Apr 6, 2014
    It wasn't hilarious by any means, but what it definitely was was fresh, original, and downright entertaining! Even those who didn't grow up with or spend a lot of time with Legos will almost certainly still enjoy this imaginative and fun spectacle of a film. Even the voice cast is a riot. Chris Pratt was really funny, as was Will Ferrell and Liam Neeson. And of course, you can't have anIt wasn't hilarious by any means, but what it definitely was was fresh, original, and downright entertaining! Even those who didn't grow up with or spend a lot of time with Legos will almost certainly still enjoy this imaginative and fun spectacle of a film. Even the voice cast is a riot. Chris Pratt was really funny, as was Will Ferrell and Liam Neeson. And of course, you can't have an animated film without a great voice like Morgan Freeman's. Although it's a little absurd at times, the film overall manages to make up for that by providing great eye-popping animation along with some good humor not just for kids, but even adults this time around! Expand
  31. Jan 25, 2015
    Entertaining from start to finish despite not being my cup of tea. It is really impressive what they accomplished using Lego, brilliant. The song is very catchy and overall the movie is very creative. It´s one of those which obviously don´t have emotional depth and do not stay with you for a while. But in this case it does not make it less impressive. I cannot give it more than a 7 though.Entertaining from start to finish despite not being my cup of tea. It is really impressive what they accomplished using Lego, brilliant. The song is very catchy and overall the movie is very creative. It´s one of those which obviously don´t have emotional depth and do not stay with you for a while. But in this case it does not make it less impressive. I cannot give it more than a 7 though. It is not like it is a masterpiece. Expand
  32. Mar 15, 2015
    I thought this movie started out great...and then the major story-line kicked in. It's not bad, but it did get a little formulaic and maybe...just a little too flat.

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation. 'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation.

'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including watching a TV show with one, repetitive joke and buying expensive coffee, and singing a very infectious (if not, overplayed) song "Everything is Awesome".

I thought the movie started out fantastically with the sarcastic and repetitive jokes, Pratt proves that he can be funny just by vocal performance. The main mission starts when he meets a girl named Wild Style (Elizabeth Banks), who tells him that they need to find a "master builder" and find the Piece of Resistance.

There are some funny and colorful characters in the movie, my favorite one being Good Cop, Bad Cop (voiced by Liam Neeson), who often switches between his positive personality or his aggressive one. The main villain is Lord Business (Will Ferrell) who plans to use a thing called the "Kragle" to stop the citizens' freedom of building what they desire. The "Kragle" is some sort of glue that will obviously permanently stick the Lego's to the point of no freedom.

Another few funny characters are the ones from the DC Universe, you have; Batman (Will Arnett), Superman (Channing Tatum) and the funniest one being Green Lantern (Jonah Hill), whose camp personality must be Warner Bros Studio's way of saying how bad the 2011 film must be. It's nice to see that even they can take a joke.

I could go on and on about what's so great about the movie, but it's all there, you know why YOU loved it, I'm pretty much on the same wagon.

But I do have a few issues...after half way through the second act, the movie did get a little pacey for something that's only 96 minutes long, I did get a little distracted by other things. The jokes did start to run dry after the serious story kicked in, and...honestly...I do think that 96% on Rotten Tomatoes is pushing it a little for a film that's basically nothing but gimmicks.

However, the stop-motion animation is superb, Lego has been a part of my childhood like everybody else's and, overall, this is fun to watch. It's not the kind of movie I would rave about though, if I met somebody who says "I have never seen 'The LEGO Movie'", my reaction wouldn't be "WHAT?! You've NEVER seen 'The LEGO Movie'? You HAVE to watch it!", because, it's not exactly the kind of must-see movie out there.

I don;t think this movie is on par with 'Wreck-It Ralph' (2012), a movie I absolutely adore, but, like I said, it's worth watching at least once. That's why I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
  33. Nov 23, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es una película que contiene una buena incorporación de elementos al azar que cuando se mezclan, el resultado es una buena película de animación.
  34. Mar 10, 2016
    The lego movie builds up on its hype and gives us a unexpected surprise. The lego movie has great characters, story, humor, and a lesson. All you have to do, is to believe. I know that sounds like a cat poster, but its true.
  35. Feb 23, 2014
    This is the first movie of 2014 I've seen but I can already tell it'll be my favorite, even outside "kids'" movies. I can think of nothing about this movie that wasn't done absolutely perfect. It's got at least a laugh a minute with a very smart self-aware sense of humor. The characters are all likable & fun to watch, even the villains. Every voice actor does a fantastic job, which youThis is the first movie of 2014 I've seen but I can already tell it'll be my favorite, even outside "kids'" movies. I can think of nothing about this movie that wasn't done absolutely perfect. It's got at least a laugh a minute with a very smart self-aware sense of humor. The characters are all likable & fun to watch, even the villains. Every voice actor does a fantastic job, which you wouldn't think with a cast so dominated by big names that'd make you think this would be a lame cash grab. And the twist at the end is nothing short of jaw-dropping, not just because of the twist itself (which those perceptive enough might see coming) but also because of what the plot does with that twist. Even if you're usually not a fan of kids' movies, this is a must-watch.

(For my full review, look up "Spin It Reviews" on YouTube. I'd appreciate it. And don't worry, no spoilers.)
  36. Feb 25, 2014
    From Bruce Wayne to Bronnies this movie has enough cultural gags to keep an angry mob smiling and laughing with joy. Fits that great balance of being entertaining to kids yet has enough familiar voices to keep their parents enthralled. All this and does it with class that is completely family friendly.
  37. Dec 29, 2014
    While the movie doesn't bring anything new to the table, The LEGO Movie is a really fun adventure for all ages, containing some absolutely hilarious moments, some magnificent animation, and surprisingly exciting action scenes. This was a really big surprise for me.
  38. Feb 20, 2014
    I would consider it offensive if this was labelled simply as a '100 minute commercial'. It may be made involving a corporate franchise, but it is there to teach, not to sell.

The LEGO Movie uniquely combines smart sharp satire towards examples like pop culture and consumerism, a charming voice cast voicing a whole array of interesting characters (if you look close enough, some of the characters parody the usual stock characters) and a morality tale. It not only subverts tropes, but also subverts expectations right until the end. It's difficult to see a film just once, especially when it contains so much humour and wit when mocking things left right and centre.

Everything I feel about this film is exciting. Animation can show itself to stand out in throwing out a non generic message involving politics, business and culture. The villain himself shows the audacity as a president to not only demonstrate his nefariousness, but impose his own ideologies with no room for creativity. Not only that, but the LEGO Movie also plays on the cliches of many outrageous tropes - how does it work out when a simple, ordinary construction worker is suddenly announced as the centre of the prophecy as 'the Special'? What happens when he encounters someone considered to be the 'manic pixie dream girl'? The split personality of the Good Cop Bad Cop is refreshing when it comes to two distinctively defined cops interrogating someone, and the gleeful decision made about Green Lantern after his film ultimately failed is dark but amusing.

However, when it comes to happy endings, even that doesn't remain the same. Even for the villain himself. It doesn't spit out the usual kind of messages - whether on the scale of the morality tale or the satire surrounding politics and the like.
  39. Feb 8, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most frantic movies I have ever seen, but also one of the most creative and funny. It is filled with charm, intelligent humor, and more importantly heart.

The writing is incredibly strong. There are a lot if play on words and unpredictable moments that really surprise the viewers. I love the themes about conformity and being special. It’s quit unique as it says that anyone can be special regardless of their creativity or need to be different.

The characters Vitruvious, Lucy, Batman, and Lord Business are all great. Their voice actors do a great job and they deliver their jokes perfectly. Emmet is the main character and probably the best because he is so relatable and a very atypical hero. There isn’t anything really special about him, but he’s a great every man and Chris Pratt brings the right amount of humanity and charm to the role.

The animation is beautiful and incredibly creative. There are a lot of great sight gags and visual effects. I really lije the stop motion look the movie achieves even though the first few minutes are jarring.

Overall, “Everything is Awesome” and this a beautifully crafted and intelligently written film that packs the right amount of humor and heart. The animation is great and incredibly creative. I really like this film and I highly recommend it. I give is 4.5/5
  40. Apr 17, 2014
    A really funny, good kids movie. One of my favourites of 2014 so far. Even though its a kids movie there were many jokes that I loved and laughed a lot at. Animation was great how they made everything look like Lego even explosions. A well done movie.
  41. Sep 25, 2015
    Although quite random (sometimes overly random at times), The Lego Movie proves that toys with no fixed characters or stories can be fun, action-packed and heart felt... huh; didn't see that one coming!
  42. Feb 17, 2014
    Everything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is aEverything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is a bright and shining example of true, unique creativity…plus, it’s all about the greatest toys ever created. So, it has that going for it as well. Expand
  43. Nov 27, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than aThe LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than a children's animation. Expand
  44. Jun 26, 2014
    I had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling itI had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling it all I'll just saw that it's heart warming but also carries an incredible message that sits well in todays society of busy bodies and distant families. Typically I don't enjoy many animated movies outside of the Pixar universe yet The Lego Movie managed to be one of the best movies I've seen in the last year. Kids will love it, but adults that can appreciate light-hearted humor (and the occasional more mature joke that geos over the heads of children) will love this movie just as much. Expand
  45. Mar 8, 2014
    This movie is definetly my favorite movie of 2014 as its hilariously genius and just made me jaw hurt from great jokes, master plots, and more. SPACESHIP!
  46. Jan 13, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid wouldThe Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid would love to go to see this at the cinema. I didn’t like, though, the scenes in the real world, but besides that, this is a children’s must-see. Expand
  47. Dec 8, 2015
    It is a good underdog story, and it is well made, but almost everything this movie is awsssssooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeee, especially when you part of a team.
  48. Jul 14, 2014
    Loud, colourful, brilliantly voice acted, and outrageously entertaining, The Lego Movie is a fantastic animation feature sure to please older generations as well.
  49. Feb 27, 2016
    One of the best animated movie of 2014 and one of the best animated films to date. A impeccably voice cast with a really good story with lots of action that barely stops to take a breath. So many movie references it's tough to count them all. This movie aside from a couple of unnecessary butt jokes, Don't worry it's not much at all is incredibly entertaining and funny. The theme song isOne of the best animated movie of 2014 and one of the best animated films to date. A impeccably voice cast with a really good story with lots of action that barely stops to take a breath. So many movie references it's tough to count them all. This movie aside from a couple of unnecessary butt jokes, Don't worry it's not much at all is incredibly entertaining and funny. The theme song is catchy and has a great message for all ages. Expand
  50. Feb 21, 2014
    Being a monstrous Lego fan/builder as a child, when I heard this movie was announced and I heard that the brilliant Chris Miller and Phil Lord were directing it, I was so pumped up. After seeing the movie get critical acclaim, I had ultra high expectations before watching it. I was not disappointed at all. This movie was great from the acting, to the gorgeous settings. The story was veryBeing a monstrous Lego fan/builder as a child, when I heard this movie was announced and I heard that the brilliant Chris Miller and Phil Lord were directing it, I was so pumped up. After seeing the movie get critical acclaim, I had ultra high expectations before watching it. I was not disappointed at all. This movie was great from the acting, to the gorgeous settings. The story was very touching at points and teaches both kids and adults many life lessons. However, timing was a bit of an issue, as the movie did not spend enough time on certain events and spent too much time on some. Other than that, I liked this movie a lot and this film really made me want to take my old legos and be a kid again. Expand
  51. Feb 16, 2014
    I have always loved LEGO, and I was looking forwards to seeing it no matter how bad it was. I even had a huge grin on my face all throughout the movie. It was funny, awesome, and had everything made with LEGO, even the animated explosions. It showed you can build anything with LEGO. Plus the ending warmed my heart like anything else. Easily the best movie of 2014, so far.
  52. Jan 6, 2015
    Awesomeness incarnate. Very well done movie, from the plot and direction to the visualization of it all. Talk about bringing Lego to life! 10/10 would watch again. Already have watched again, actually.
  53. Sep 24, 2015
    "The LEGO Movie" is the best commercial ever made. The animation style is genius, the voice acting is perfect, plus the ending & the message are both brilliant. The more I re-watch it, the better it gets.
  54. Jul 24, 2014
    Smart and funny, this film ticks all the right boxes. Great for children with a strong philosophical message to boot, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this film. So much stuff packed into each scene you can still be spotting things after several viewings.
  55. Aug 16, 2014
    Awesome movie, everyone should see this if you're young or young at heart.
    Awesome movie, everyone should see this if you're young or young at heart.
    Liam Nesson did an awesome job, as did Will Ferrell. Morgan Freeman, Will Arnett and Chris Pratt all playing great roles. This movie has everything - action, peril, heartfelt conversations between father and son, and of course Legos! Although I was a lone adult when I watched it, I was laughing as loud as the kids at times. Sometimes the jokes will go over them, but adults will catch them if you pay attention.
    The animation team did a great job on this, you sometimes forget it's all done with Legos. Crazy good.
    In summary, worth a rent and buy it if you like it. I bought it to share laughs time and time again. Another quotable movie for kids and adults.
  56. Feb 9, 2014
    Well you already know the this gonna be one of the best animation of 2014! Top notch voice acting, great storytelling with satisfying ending! But it's not "Toy Story" level. The bad - 3D effect is garbage, 3D has to go, it takes away from the movie experience
  57. Feb 23, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is not only the most original advertisement for a children's toy in the history of marketing, it is also an entertaining work of animation that can be enjoyed by a range of audiences, offering a fresh visual style, funny gags and exemplary voice-work from its cast, particularly Will Ferrell and Liam Neeson. And if the first three quarters of the film are a little too"The Lego Movie" is not only the most original advertisement for a children's toy in the history of marketing, it is also an entertaining work of animation that can be enjoyed by a range of audiences, offering a fresh visual style, funny gags and exemplary voice-work from its cast, particularly Will Ferrell and Liam Neeson. And if the first three quarters of the film are a little too conventional and lightweight, the conclusion to the film is a work of ingenuity and of pathos that matches the ending to "Toy Story III", or the love story montage in "Up". Expand
  58. May 23, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is not only one of the greatest animated movies ever made, but it is one of the most original movies ever made. It is heart warming, action packed 100 minutes of epicnessss!!! If you are looking for an animated movie with endless creativity, colors and even character development, The LEGO Movie is the one, also it is my favorite movie of the year!!!! A must see!!!!
  59. Apr 28, 2015
    I am so surprised this movie didn't get nominated for best animated feature film, because it should've. The colorful animation and great voice acting should've won this movie that award for sure. 9/10 (Awesome)
  60. Apr 1, 2014
    If you've played with LEGO, you'll get more of the jokes. If you haven't, there's still plenty to love about a film that hits most of its beats and has a passable enough story to keep you going. The high quality of animation shows you why these films take so long to make. Witty and warm, with enough digs at cynical marketing techniques, "The LEGO Movie" is a fun night out, and will sell inIf you've played with LEGO, you'll get more of the jokes. If you haven't, there's still plenty to love about a film that hits most of its beats and has a passable enough story to keep you going. The high quality of animation shows you why these films take so long to make. Witty and warm, with enough digs at cynical marketing techniques, "The LEGO Movie" is a fun night out, and will sell in bucket loads on Blu ray and DVD. Batman is a joy all by himself, and a brief, but wonderful cameo by the crew of the Millenium Falcon is almost worth the admission fee in itself. Fun for children and adults alike. Not perfect, but a pretty good try. Now, where did I put my LEGO? Expand
  61. Jul 7, 2014
    When i first heard of this movie, i thought it was no more than an excuse to make money from a famous brand. I couldn't be more wrong.

The animation is super cool, the script and dialogue are amazingly funny and clever (i often laughed to the point of tears), and the voice acting did the script justice, particularly that of Will Arnett (as Batman), Nick Offerman (as Metal Beard), and Morgan Freeman (as Vitruvius). Even the theme song is great; it really sticks in one's head and makes you feel like you wanna sing along.

Not only is it hilarious, it actually has something to say and can be quite moving in some parts. This is a joyful film about believing in yourself, a critique of modern society, and a heartwarming tribute to human creativity.

It will definitely go down as one of the best movies this ear, if not the best.
  62. Jun 11, 2015
    Everything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constantEverything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constant throwbacks to pop-culture icons. All in all, watching The LEGO Movie will be one of the most fun movie experiences you’ve ever had. Expand
  63. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;) The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  64. Nov 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just likeThe LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just like the addictive theme song of the movie suggests everything is awesome. Expand
  65. Mar 9, 2014
    Wow! I did not expect The Lego Movie to be so good, but it was hilarious, and everything is, as the song says, awesome, Liam Nesson was great, Morgan Freeman was great, and Will Arnett was perfect as Batman, also Will Ferell was a great bad guy, and the ending is just genius.
  66. Apr 3, 2014
    This move might seem like a heartless cash grab and a two hour long commercial, but The Lego Movie isn't one. It has a star studded cast, good animation, a plot and message that's developed pretty well and is thoughtful, and it has great comedy. Pop culture references are spread throughtout and they are a nice touch. Emmet, Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, Batman, Benny, Lord Buisness, PrincessThis move might seem like a heartless cash grab and a two hour long commercial, but The Lego Movie isn't one. It has a star studded cast, good animation, a plot and message that's developed pretty well and is thoughtful, and it has great comedy. Pop culture references are spread throughtout and they are a nice touch. Emmet, Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, Batman, Benny, Lord Buisness, Princess Unikitty, and Good Cop/Bad Cop are all great characters. The large celebrity cast (Chris Pratt, Will Ferrel, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, Cobie Smulders, and Will Arnett) are all great Lego Minifigures as well. The DC superheroes are funny (but no Marvel ones though?). The movie has lots of potential, and with its box office ($335 million so far compared to a 60 million budget) it will surely become a blockbuster franchise.

SPOLIER ALERT:
    My only complaint was that the live action part of the movie was a bit weak, and was not as satisfying as the rest of the film.

I just am waiting for the sequel (aimed for a May 2017 release date). I hope the entire cast returns (and that it brings a new story and new characters)! I recommend that you watch it, especially if you have children. It's a lot better than some other comedies and a nice treat.

If you like this review, please mark it as helpful. Remember, every vote counts! Also check my reviews for other movies and TV shows by clicking in my name. I'd really appreciate it.
  67. Apr 5, 2015
    It's LEGO® itself: it shows vivid and creatively the meaning of it for both adults and children; it is a little overrated but the 8 goes for the great representation and meaning of the brand LEGO® it offers. Great movie.
  68. Oct 20, 2015
    When I was little I was never a fan of Lego, although my brother if it was (and currently) Lego fan. When he came out the first trailer for the film did not attract my attention, but felt that animation really is amazing. I went to the cinema with my brothers and only one word to describe the film: AWESOME !, Not only proves to be a masterpiece and one of the best films of 2014 but is alsoWhen I was little I was never a fan of Lego, although my brother if it was (and currently) Lego fan. When he came out the first trailer for the film did not attract my attention, but felt that animation really is amazing. I went to the cinema with my brothers and only one word to describe the film: AWESOME !, Not only proves to be a masterpiece and one of the best films of 2014 but is also a great idea from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. The story is narrated by Matrix style but in a more hilarious and sympathetic way to the public. I must also mention the great achievement of voices got for the film, for example Chris Pratt plays incredibly Emmet, a construction worker who hasn't have ideas that obviously ends up saving the day and Elizabeth Banks plays impressively Wyldstlye, a young master builder who will the will be the companion and girlfriend of the construction worker. I should also mention the incredible amount of players who were called to the film as Morgan Freeman, Will Ferrell, Charlie Day, Alison Brie, Nick Offerman, Will Arentt, Etc. I should also mention that live action scenes was something that impressed me in the cinema and also used his end. If you would give only bad thing about the film it is the cliche of "Believe in yourself" is something that we have seen in many films, but does not seem to affect him too much to the story. In total with animation, comedy, acting voice, story, characters, references and everything but it's really awesome. I regret a bit that wasn't nominated for an Oscar for best animated film (Damn you Oscars), i just hopefully not do the same with Shaun the Sheep Movie or Inside Out. In Total: The Lego Movie is Awesome and like the song says: Everything is Awesome! Expand
  69. Feb 17, 2014
    This was definitely a fun movie from the start, but there was nothing spectacular about it until 2/3rds through the movie when the story takes a very smart and unexpected turn that makes the movie special. This film could have been a 10/10 if the jokes were more impactful. A great blend of child and adult humor. Also, I can't get that song out of my head... "Everything is awesome!"
  70. May 28, 2015
    I absolutely loved The Lego Movie! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire and things like that which was so creative. I also love how the animation is shown to look like it's stop motion which was very unique and I actually preferI absolutely loved The Lego Movie! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire and things like that which was so creative. I also love how the animation is shown to look like it's stop motion which was very unique and I actually prefer how the animations shows those limitations with how Lego Mini Figures move over how they smoothly move in like a cut-scene of a Traveler's Tales Lego game. I also love the characters in this movie and the cameos they make, it was so fun seeing different Lego properties come together in this movie. The plot does have some simplicity to it, but it's still a fun plot and is actually not to be taken that seriously, but in a good way. Overall, I loved The Lego Movie. I remember seeing trailers and stuff for this movie back in late 2013 and at most expecting this film to be just good like nothing special but nothing too bad, but I barely expected to fall in love with this film. This film's amazing and one of my favorite films of the year. Go see this movie, this film is excellent, it has some big laughs and it's a whole lot of fun and I think anyone can enjoy this film whether they are a kid or even an adult! Expand
  71. Feb 8, 2014
    When it comes to my reviews, know that I never lie. So listen up when I tell you, The LEGO Movie is the most powerful animated movie to be released since Up. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) masterfully put together an animated action-comedy that entertains grade-schoolers, adolescents, and parents equally. Think Wreck-It Ralph, but withWhen it comes to my reviews, know that I never lie. So listen up when I tell you, The LEGO Movie is the most powerful animated movie to be released since Up. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) masterfully put together an animated action-comedy that entertains grade-schoolers, adolescents, and parents equally. Think Wreck-It Ralph, but with more biting comedy, more evocative animation, a more powerful social message, and much stronger nostalgia.
    The animators behind The LEGO Movie were able to develop a look that was absolutely perfect for the theme of the film. By using CG to emulate a technically advanced version of stop-motion, the animators capture the processes that went through our minds as children playing with elaborate Lego sets – it never played out smoothly in our minds, because Lego bricks inherently are not smooth. Their dedication to a world built entirely out of Lego bricks resulted in inventive images, such as small (but not so small) transparent blue bricks representing large drops of water. This style of animation instantly makes the movie a marvel to watch; it is gorgeous without having to be flashily realistic.
    The voice actors in The LEGO Movie could not have been casted better. Unlike other animated movies in recent memory (Epic, Turbo), The LEGO Movie’s star-studded cast achieves its fullest potential, imbuing every character with a bursting, unique personality. Lord and Miller should also be lauded for their cleverly devised and written characters. Popular names such as Batman, Gandalf, Chewbacca, and Shaquille O’Neal (voiced by himself) mingle with familiar and ubiquitous pieces such as construction workers, ambiguous astronauts, and cops with double-sided faces, but each one boasts an equally strong spirit. Here, Lord and Miller channel memories of when we were younger and would mix people from different sets to create a truly unique adventure.
    What’s clever about their screenplay is that, unlike Wreck-It Ralph or even the Toy Story series, Lord and Miller contain the entirety of the story in the imagination of the youthful mind. The plot, the settings, and the action scenes are all written as professionally executed manifestations of the workings of a child at play. Even the profound themes on liberation of the mind and freedom of creative expression all originate in the imagination of the central character, something revealed near the end of the movie but known by a smart viewer all the way through. Lord and Miller’s ability to hone this childlike state of thought without coming across as naïve or immature deserves serious laud. Additionally, it’s refreshing to watch a movie that actually made me laugh from the belly every time it made a joke.
    There’s not much more I can tell you about this movie to convince you that The LEGO Movie is genuinely an amazing animated, family-friendly (and I mean the whole family) action-comedy. I mean, it’s already hard enough to imagine a mediocre movie set in an entirely Lego world – believe me, I tried. The only thing I can say is, if you were planning to use this weekend to catch up on Oscar-nominated movies, rip those tickets up and go watch The LEGO Movie instead.

FINAL SCORE: 92.5 (almost perfect -----o--------------- perfect)
  72. Feb 26, 2014
    Thus far this is tied with Her as my favourites for 2014. There is a lot to like about this movie especially having seen it in 3D which enhances just how entertaining this is. A obvious comment - this is Lego brought to life!

I loved how well thought through this movie was. Whilst it references popular culture both through characters of other stories but also Internet memes such as Batman's capacity to achieve anything. It has aptly timed humour that was refreshingly unexpected. But most of all I really enjoyed how to the story unfolded with the presence of real world items; the end result being an acknowledgement of the creativity found in a child's mind and how adults can inhibit this. Brilliant.

On that note I really appreciated the deeper meaning in this film and how well rounded the message is: creativity shouldn't be limited to those who think freely and originally. Anyone is capable of creativity whether it be complete new, a slight different, or a revised of something already present. But beyond that independant creativity thought should be applauded communal creative thought should be too. As well as creative thought derived from instructions.

Toy Story 3 was the last animation film I saw which was explored childhood and what it meanings, including growing up. It was a masterpiece which hasn't been topped. Lego Movie is not as good and is different but what it does share is an equally relevant showcase of experiences children have.

I trust you, like me, walked away from this movie wanting to play with Lego, play Mindcraft or do something creative. Wonderful!
  73. Feb 16, 2014
    If you are a kid, this movie contains a valuable lesson you must learn. If you are an adult who played with lego as a kid you will also enjoy yourself with this film. At the start it hints that it is going to be too children's cartoon for you to enjoy. But then it quickly develops in to something both adults and kids can take pleasure from.
    The concepts are kept simple enough for children
    The concepts are kept simple enough for children to follow. But simple isn't bad. And there are more than enough in-jokes to keep adults laughing out loud for quite a while.

Will Farrell plays his part terrifically. Much like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Conan films, he finds just the right balance to make it work. Its serious enough to be believable but relaxed enough it doesn't feel out of place. And considering he has actual face time in a movie 95% CG plastic lego men, it would be so easy to break consistency there.

I have two criticisms of the film. Firstly I though there should be more "Middle Zealand."
    Also as I write this I have the "everything is awesome" song stuck in my head. When you hear it you'll understand.
  74. Jan 3, 2015
    Visualmente fascinante, para quem gosta ou não da franquia LEGO, a Warner Animation acertou ao fazer uma animação que vai virar uma franquia! Eu recomendo!!
  75. May 27, 2015
    Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message,Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message, laughs for everyone, and a catchy awesome song. An awesome must see and one of the best animated movies not by Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks.

P.S. Epic Lloyd and Nice Peter made an even awesome parody of the main theme in Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for "The Lego Commercial", check out the video on YouTube!
  76. Dec 20, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!.

Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!.

Since the positive reviews The LEGO Movie has been getting, I watched it with a very high expectancy but still, it was way much better than I expected.One of the most brilliant, hilarious and creative animated films ever. Dan Lin and Roy Lee's super-smart, imaginative screenplay turned into the most entertaining yet critically successful film of the year in the hands of Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.Amazing voice-over performances especially by Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson.I haven't laughed and had fun like this for a while, Everything was Awesome!
  77. Apr 30, 2014
    This Movie Is Soooooo Entertaining. All the People in the film were so Funny. Will Ferrell had a good voice as president Business. This movie had a funny script, Great Comedy Actors, And an good plot. Good Job, Phil Lord and Chris Miller!!
  78. Aug 5, 2014
    Funny Entertaining and amazingly animated The Lego Movie is great fun for all ages. Easily the best animated movie i have ever seen.

My ratting 8/10 9/10 for animation/action 8/10 for comedy 8/10 for story 7.6/10 for characters/character development 7.5/10 for acting/voice
  79. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What we’ve got here is a fantastic film, which could genuinely be enjoyed by anyone. That might be an obvious thing to say, but The Lego Movie might be the closest we’ve come to the elusive story which explores realistic, down to earth problems while being completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And there are plenty of robots.

Ironically, for a film based on a lucrative product owned by a giant corporation, The Lego Movie appears to bite the hand that feeds it and actually deconstructs (here come the puns) the corporate world. Who cares if the film will probably make a killing in tie-in Lego sets and video games? At least they decided to tell a compelling and engaging story instead of just palming us off with a heartless cash-in or an overblown explosion-fest.

Similarly, it feels like it’s far too easy these days for film makers to knock out a bunch of cheap CGI movies every year, at the expense of the increasingly neglected but labour intensive art of stop-motion. It’s understandable why this route has been taken, and there are a few gems in the cascade, but outside of Pixar, CGI films are not something I routinely seek out.

Apparently 90% of The Lego Movie was CGI, and a little bit of stop motion, but apart from the facial expressions and fluid movements which would seriously push the limitations of a plastic Lego man, you could easily have convinced me that it was the other way around. Everything looks like it’s made from Lego, even the oceans and the explosions.

It’s both sobering to have reached a point where the two become almost indistinguishable and satisfying to see CGI being used to make a great film which works as both a satire of modern consumerism and an exploration of that age-old Lego dilemma: should one build according to the instructions, or just smash everything into a big pile and build whatever.

Our main man is Emmett (Chris Pratt), your generic Lego man, right down to his classic Lego smiley face. He’s a construction worker living in a huge Lego city, who has very few ideas of his own. He follows his instructions, smiles and waves to everyone he meets, pays through the nose for coffee on the way to work and does whatever the vaguely Orwellian government says is the right thing to do.

In a typical narrative fashion, events kick off after a chance encounter with funky punk girl Wildstyle (Elizabeth Banks) who is a member of the resistance. Emmett is dragged along for the ride and passes through the masquerade, leaving the regulated order of the big city and discovering the crazy and colourful potential of Lego in the world of the master builders, exiled lords of creative construction who believe Emmett to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force and end the days of instruction-based oppression. The trouble is he’s never had an original thought in his life.

The film is rounded out with a great cast of characters and some cracking cameos, both showcasing some solid vocal talent. The enemy and instigator of the repressive order is a suitably zany Will Ferrell hamming it up as the Lego universe’s ‘President Business’ who is assisted by the conflicted split-personality of his chief enforcer Good Cop/Bad Cop. voiced by Liam Neeson at his Irish tough guy best.

With a wry nod to his frequent typecasting, Morgan Freeman plays a wise old sage and among the cameos are Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s other movie of the moment, 22 Jump Street).

The film really embodies the spirit of Lego, and as such is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who’s ever encountered the stuff. Once they leave the city, the characters traverse the length and breadth of the Lego-verse, making their way through the many themes Lego has released over the years, providing settings as diverse as western, medieval and pirate.

There are some tender and serious moments, but most of it is a merciless but affectionate parody of whatever transpires, be it city life, epic destiny, overblown villainy or blockbuster action. Everything’s funny and a little wacky, riding easily and successfully on the inherent humour that comes with having everything made out of Lego.

There are even nods to unpopular, ill-conceived, or just plain random Lego themes, and references small and large to various other franchise tie-ins (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superheroes, etc.) showcasing the kind of mad-cap crossovers you can cook up when you have the licence. By this token, Batman himself (Will Arnett) along with a character from the classic 1980s Space theme (Charlie Day) are major players in the plot.

The ending, which I won’t spoil, does get a little schmaltzy, but it’s forgivable. Otherwise, nothing disappoints, and everything one might want or expect from a Lego movie is delivered in spades. Oh yes, and I managed to get through an entire review of this film without using the word ‘awesome’. Dang. Good soundtrack, though.
  80. Feb 9, 2014
    EVERYTHING IS AWESOME-yeah everything about in this film is really MIND BLOWING awesome moments ! ITS FULL OF FUN N LAUGH- NO MINUTE FOR LAGGING, EACH N EVERY SCENE OF THE FILM ENTERTAIN US! SUPERB VOICE CASTING LEAD BY ,Chris Pratt,Will Ferrell,Elizabeth Banks,Will Arnett, Liam Neeson N Morgan Freeman.! EXCELLENT BGM WORKS -I LOVE IT
    DON'T MISS THIS FUN CRAZY,ROMANTIC,ACTION,ANIMATION
    DON'T MISS THIS FUN CRAZY,ROMANTIC,ACTION,ANIMATION FILM !!!!!!!!!!!!
  81. Feb 9, 2014
    Enjoyable, but not quite what I was expecting. I was hoping for more fall-down laughs, and it was just mildly funny throughout. The "we're all special" plot was pretty stereotypical and the under-story that takes up the last 20 or so minutes of the movie dragged it down a bit, but not enough to ruin it. They should have just left out the serious bits entirely. I'd pick it up in the $5Enjoyable, but not quite what I was expecting. I was hoping for more fall-down laughs, and it was just mildly funny throughout. The "we're all special" plot was pretty stereotypical and the under-story that takes up the last 20 or so minutes of the movie dragged it down a bit, but not enough to ruin it. They should have just left out the serious bits entirely. I'd pick it up in the $5 bin/watch it on TV/recommend a theater watch.

What was weird is the whole thing felt very much like an anti-Lego Corporation movie in the sense that they very strongly encourage building whatever with the pieces you have, while Lego has moved away from this mindset with all of the specialized piece sets that come out these days. I was very confused why Lego would approve this movie, even though I completely agree with what it's saying.
  82. Apr 20, 2014
    Awesome movie. It's funny and has a great story. I thoroughly loved it. This movie is definitely for everyone. All the characters work well together and it's just a fantastic film overall.
  83. Jul 21, 2014
    Despite the fact that it's characters and storyline are carefully derived from Pixar classics (not necessarily a bad thing), Lego is an extremely entertaining film with an infectiously playful attitude suitable for all ages (especially adults).
  84. Dec 13, 2014
    The Lego Movie delivers a powerful idea through immaculate presentation. It constantly manages to include smart subtleties and clever ideas within a film that is so conceptually brilliant, it marks it's place in film history convincingly. The inclusion of many great characters is refreshing to see. The ending is remarkably touching, especially to the younger generation. It's an original,The Lego Movie delivers a powerful idea through immaculate presentation. It constantly manages to include smart subtleties and clever ideas within a film that is so conceptually brilliant, it marks it's place in film history convincingly. The inclusion of many great characters is refreshing to see. The ending is remarkably touching, especially to the younger generation. It's an original, touching adventure that is surely animation film of the year. Expand
  85. Feb 21, 2014
    Fantastic fun, funny family movie. I would be suprised if we get a better animated movie this year, It was really funny for any age, and had a lot of heart. I would recommend this movie to anyone, and I realize it's still very early but the best movie period of 2014 so far. When I first heard about a Lego movie I thought it was a ridiculous idea that didn't really make sense to me...butFantastic fun, funny family movie. I would be suprised if we get a better animated movie this year, It was really funny for any age, and had a lot of heart. I would recommend this movie to anyone, and I realize it's still very early but the best movie period of 2014 so far. When I first heard about a Lego movie I thought it was a ridiculous idea that didn't really make sense to me...but they have certainly proven it was a great idea. Expand
  86. Dec 4, 2015
    Funny movie for the whole family, and Will Ferrel makes it better. There have been many lego movies, but they all look cartoony, not like the real thing, in this movie they actually look like real legos which makes it better and makes me remember the days i used to make stopmotion vids of legos on my phone.
  87. Feb 24, 2014
    This movie was super cute and super funny. Entertaining for adults and children alike. Any adult that had a fondness for Legos as a kid would love this. Writing is very witty and funny, laughs the whole time. So many clever things they thought to incorporate. The only criticism I have is that while the twist at the end was a fun surprise, it made it seem a little anticlimactic.
  88. Feb 8, 2014
    The movie was very enjoyable not just for kids but for all ages. It was sweet and has a great message. The movie was so hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. The story was original and refreshing, the characters are well developed and relatable. A definite must see movie of the year so far!
  89. Mar 3, 2014
    How can you not give this film universal acclaim when it is able to get laughs, emotional connections, in a well-written story for all ages? The casting is massive and yet everyone works together at an even level. This is a highly enjoyable film from beginning to end, and recommended for anyone in 2014
  90. Sep 27, 2015

91. Mar 7, 2014
    This movie was very entertaining. I was looking forward to this movie, but I did not expect it to be this good. I was laughing throughout the entire film and did not find a single moment dull.
  92. Feb 9, 2014
    One of the funniest most thought provoking animated movies ever. It takes full advantage of everything Lego and introduces some lovable new characters like Unikitty while also putting a cool spin on classics like Batman. The only thing I didn't like was how much of what happens in the end seems to drag on for awhile and I didn't care for the "twist" they threw in but that's hardly enoughOne of the funniest most thought provoking animated movies ever. It takes full advantage of everything Lego and introduces some lovable new characters like Unikitty while also putting a cool spin on classics like Batman. The only thing I didn't like was how much of what happens in the end seems to drag on for awhile and I didn't care for the "twist" they threw in but that's hardly enough to hate the movie for. Expand
  93. Feb 22, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es proyecto muy original e imaginativo. Me sorprendió cuando fui al cine para verla, pagar la entrada valió la pena, fue espectacular, uno de esos proyectos que son capaces de ser premiados para la mejor película animada (del año que viene). Lo mejor de The LEGO Movie de lejos son sus personajes creados con figuras de LEGO reales en Stop Motion pero de alguna manera logranThe LEGO Movie es proyecto muy original e imaginativo. Me sorprendió cuando fui al cine para verla, pagar la entrada valió la pena, fue espectacular, uno de esos proyectos que son capaces de ser premiados para la mejor película animada (del año que viene). Lo mejor de The LEGO Movie de lejos son sus personajes creados con figuras de LEGO reales en Stop Motion pero de alguna manera logran cobrar vida a lo largo de la película, tiene un humor sano, inocente y divertido, y como alago final: NO CAE EN LO RIDÍCULO, ya que muchas películas animadas de hoy en día son patéticas. Pero vale la pena hacer una observación de ésta ya que es un proyecto divertido que disfrutaran personas de todas las edades. Expand
  94. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie is great,, the animation is amazing, the story is fantastic, and it surprises you a lot, and the movie is full of intelligent jokes I think this movie will be a greatest movies of 2014.
  95. Feb 20, 2014
    In terms of animated films that cater for young and old audiences this film is up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. It's imaginative, original and extremely funny. The story and characters are purposefully cliche which leads to a lot of parody of itself and other aspects of pop culture and visually it is a colourful creative joy. All of this is complimented by the fantastic cast ofIn terms of animated films that cater for young and old audiences this film is up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. It's imaginative, original and extremely funny. The story and characters are purposefully cliche which leads to a lot of parody of itself and other aspects of pop culture and visually it is a colourful creative joy. All of this is complimented by the fantastic cast of voice actors (Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell) that bring a suprising life to the characters themselves. If you want an idea of the humour then it's either a child friendly version of Family Guy or a mature version of Spongebob. Somewhere in between those two. Either way its inclusive and entertaining.
    The only way someone could not enjoy this film to some degree is if they were consciously trying to dislike it and even then it would be a challenge. Also the soundtrack will likely be stuck in your head for at least two weeks afterwards.
  96. Jun 23, 2014
    The bright colors and action will make kids happy. However this works just as well for adults with a smart storyline and clever jokes. It's pure genius
  97. Apr 2, 2014
    Witty and visually imaginative, with a great (Devo-ish) soundtrack. Very tongue in cheek, with a sweet and soulful heart. Batman is the standout character, but all the jokes at the expense of popular culture (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, JLA, Star Wars, My Little Pony, pirate movies etc) are pretty good. Kids will probably enjoy it (it is a bit long) because of the colour andWitty and visually imaginative, with a great (Devo-ish) soundtrack. Very tongue in cheek, with a sweet and soulful heart. Batman is the standout character, but all the jokes at the expense of popular culture (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, JLA, Star Wars, My Little Pony, pirate movies etc) are pretty good. Kids will probably enjoy it (it is a bit long) because of the colour and continuous kinetic action, but adults should get something out of it as well. Kudos to Australian company Animal Logic for the animation. Sometimes the script was a little hard to follow (not that important, really) and some of the car chase scenes were too long, but that is a common failing with nearly all hit movies these days. Recommended, as it sets a new bar in animation. Sequels can be expected. Expand
  98. Feb 17, 2014
    Amazing Animation, A Steady Plot, Wonderful Characters, Pleasant Humor, Is What Makes The Lego Movie My Favourite Film Tied With The Avengers Well Done Warner Brothers And Phil Lord And Chris Miller.
  99. Apr 27, 2014
    I basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it evenI basically got dragged along by my friends to go see this, never have I ever taken an interest in Lego or thought about watching the movie. However, to my utter surprise this movie was pretty darn good! It was comical, to the extent that the parents and older generations in the theatre would understand some things that the kids probably didn't. The characters were diverse and it even featured some live action which was awesome. let's just say "everything is awesome" about this movie! Expand
  100. Dec 15, 2014
    The Lego Movie está llena de gastados clichés y de una historia más que vista, aunque el encantador elenco de voces y la maravillosa y excelente animación llegan a hacerla un poco divertida, pero puedo decir que es una película para niños.

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.