8.2

1. Nov 23, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es una película que contiene una buena incorporación de elementos al azar que cuando se mezclan, el resultado es una buena película de animación.
  2. Nov 16, 2014
    Genuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message about the importance of creativity woven beautifully through the movie. 100% recommended. Expand
  3. Nov 10, 2014
    With witty dialogue and unique stop motion visual effects, The LEGO Movie is a surprisingly smart and thought-provoking movie for not only children but adults too. Everything is awesome in this movie.
  4. Nov 8, 2014
    this movie is one of the best movies of the year the best part was bad cop he was like i will give you water thank you will to bad the 2nd might be bad cop
  5. Nov 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just like the addictive theme song of the movie suggests everything is awesome. Expand
  6. Oct 29, 2014
    Best animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movie is made of LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Oct 12, 2014
    "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" Including this movie and the Spaceship Guy.....Spaceship!..................................................................................................
  8. Sep 18, 2014
    In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand
  9. Sep 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as The Lion King. A must-see for children and all fans of those little plastic bricks. Expand
  10. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;)

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in
    execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  11. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  12. Aug 6, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much. Just a family friendly movie to watch with my parents when we had nothing else to watch. Instead, I got one of the funniest movies i've seen in quite a while. References are in no short supply, and much to my surprise, are not just from kids shows. but more from age old shows and movies that not many kids will have seen. Star Wars, LoTR, all the super hero shows of the '70s. All done brilliantly, with amazing voice acting, Animation can be stiff at times, but really, your dealing with legos. C'mon. Anyway, I really didn't think that i'd enjoy it this much, and really, with most movies now a days being total **** this one is one of the better movies i've seen in a while. "Everything is awesome!" Expand
  13. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most recent animated feature I watch in a movie theatre and it is also one of the most creative film that I have ever watched. There is only one word to describe its plot, technique and art direction — phenomenal! Really, I am not kidding. Everything really is, awesome. They got me awestruck with all the pretty waters, fires, clouds and rainbows; a vibrant world constructed entirely with Legos and filled with interesting Lego Minifigures!

In addition to its lovely and immensely detailed world, The Lego Movie (2014) is quite entertaining to watch as there are plenty of hilarious gags, Lego humor and frank characters that always say what's on their mind without holding back. Strange but I am also enthralled with the way they portray totalitarian in Bricksburg, where instruction manuals are its people's bible which is both funny and sad at times. Nevertheless, watching it also induces nostalgia; the film reminds me of my early childhood where I used to have my own box of Legos. Maybe that's the reason why I was smiling and brimming with joy when I watch it. In short, the film spew nothing but awesomeness because it is that "one movie that has something for everyone".
  14. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and
    handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  15. Jul 29, 2014
    This is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you go watch... whatever that was...
  16. Jul 28, 2014
    Attention: This is not a kids movie!
    It does not matter if it is animation, "The LEGO Movie" succeeds in connecting with every member of the audience, regardless of age or origins. Through a really simple story, it manages to make some very strong points on many issues, from political propaganda to prosperity in life. Its allegories are more or less intelligent. "Awesome" action and fun
    won't disappoint children, but its unexpectedly deep meaning won't leave elders unsatisfied, too. There are flaws, especially some really uninspired comedy scenes, but it is a must-see, even if you feel too old for animation and LEGO. Expand
  17. Jul 26, 2014
    I loved, loved, loved this! It made me feel giddy with pleasure from beginning to end. Mindfryingly cool animation, phenomenal pacing and hilarious jokes boost it to somewhere near the top of my respective lists of favorite family films and best animated comedies of all time. I'm sure it will only be even more awesome upon (probably numerous) rewatches. Because: "Everything is ..." NO, I've GOT to stop that. Expand
  18. Jul 21, 2014
    Despite the fact that it's characters and storyline are carefully derived from Pixar classics (not necessarily a bad thing), Lego is an extremely entertaining film with an infectiously playful attitude suitable for all ages (especially adults).
  19. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  20. Jul 17, 2014
    Quite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same time providing enough intelligence and an excellent message to satisfy older audiences. In a lot of ways it's the new Toy Story. It's the perfect family movie and an absolute must watch. Expand
  21. Jul 16, 2014
    While obviously intended for a younger audience, The Lego Movie offers something for everyone. As a 17-year old I was laughing out loud many times during this movie. This is what all family movies should be more like.
  22. Jul 15, 2014
    There are a few of movies that actually give me the chills by the end. This was one of them. The storyline was absolutely amazing, it was extremely comedic, and well made. Incredibly animated. This movie is awesome. :)
  23. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What we’ve got here is a fantastic film, which could genuinely be enjoyed by anyone. That might be an obvious thing to say, but The Lego Movie might be the closest we’ve come to the elusive story which explores realistic, down to earth problems while being completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And there are plenty of robots.

Ironically, for a film based on a lucrative product owned by a giant corporation, The Lego Movie appears to bite the hand that feeds it and actually deconstructs (here come the puns) the corporate world. Who cares if the film will probably make a killing in tie-in Lego sets and video games? At least they decided to tell a compelling and engaging story instead of just palming us off with a heartless cash-in or an overblown explosion-fest.

Similarly, it feels like it’s far too easy these days for film makers to knock out a bunch of cheap CGI movies every year, at the expense of the increasingly neglected but labour intensive art of stop-motion. It’s understandable why this route has been taken, and there are a few gems in the cascade, but outside of Pixar, CGI films are not something I routinely seek out.

Apparently 90% of The Lego Movie was CGI, and a little bit of stop motion, but apart from the facial expressions and fluid movements which would seriously push the limitations of a plastic Lego man, you could easily have convinced me that it was the other way around. Everything looks like it’s made from Lego, even the oceans and the explosions.

It’s both sobering to have reached a point where the two become almost indistinguishable and satisfying to see CGI being used to make a great film which works as both a satire of modern consumerism and an exploration of that age-old Lego dilemma: should one build according to the instructions, or just smash everything into a big pile and build whatever.

Our main man is Emmett (Chris Pratt), your generic Lego man, right down to his classic Lego smiley face. He’s a construction worker living in a huge Lego city, who has very few ideas of his own. He follows his instructions, smiles and waves to everyone he meets, pays through the nose for coffee on the way to work and does whatever the vaguely Orwellian government says is the right thing to do.

In a typical narrative fashion, events kick off after a chance encounter with funky punk girl Wildstyle (Elizabeth Banks) who is a member of the resistance. Emmett is dragged along for the ride and passes through the masquerade, leaving the regulated order of the big city and discovering the crazy and colourful potential of Lego in the world of the master builders, exiled lords of creative construction who believe Emmett to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force and end the days of instruction-based oppression. The trouble is he’s never had an original thought in his life.

The film is rounded out with a great cast of characters and some cracking cameos, both showcasing some solid vocal talent. The enemy and instigator of the repressive order is a suitably zany Will Ferrell hamming it up as the Lego universe’s ‘President Business’ who is assisted by the conflicted split-personality of his chief enforcer Good Cop/Bad Cop. voiced by Liam Neeson at his Irish tough guy best.

With a wry nod to his frequent typecasting, Morgan Freeman plays a wise old sage and among the cameos are Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s other movie of the moment, 22 Jump Street).

The film really embodies the spirit of Lego, and as such is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who’s ever encountered the stuff. Once they leave the city, the characters traverse the length and breadth of the Lego-verse, making their way through the many themes Lego has released over the years, providing settings as diverse as western, medieval and pirate.

There are some tender and serious moments, but most of it is a merciless but affectionate parody of whatever transpires, be it city life, epic destiny, overblown villainy or blockbuster action. Everything’s funny and a little wacky, riding easily and successfully on the inherent humour that comes with having everything made out of Lego.

There are even nods to unpopular, ill-conceived, or just plain random Lego themes, and references small and large to various other franchise tie-ins (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superheroes, etc.) showcasing the kind of mad-cap crossovers you can cook up when you have the licence. By this token, Batman himself (Will Arnett) along with a character from the classic 1980s Space theme (Charlie Day) are major players in the plot.

The ending, which I won’t spoil, does get a little schmaltzy, but it’s forgivable. Otherwise, nothing disappoints, and everything one might want or expect from a Lego movie is delivered in spades. Oh yes, and I managed to get through an entire review of this film without using the word ‘awesome’. Dang. Good soundtrack, though.
  24. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  25. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This
    helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  26. Jul 7, 2014
    When i first heard of this movie, i thought it was no more than an excuse to make money from a famous brand. I couldn't be more wrong.

The animation is super cool, the script and dialogue are amazingly funny and clever (i often laughed to the point of tears), and the voice acting did the script justice, particularly that of Will Arnett (as Batman), Nick Offerman (as Metal Beard), and
    Morgan Freeman (as Vitruvius). Even the theme song is great; it really sticks in one's head and makes you feel like you wanna sing along.

Not only is it hilarious, it actually has something to say and can be quite moving in some parts. This is a joyful film about believing in yourself, a critique of modern society, and a heartwarming tribute to human creativity.

It will definitely go down as one of the best movies this ear, if not the best.
  27. Jul 5, 2014
    Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
  28. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WOW! Amazing movie, 'The LEGO Movie' is one of the biggest surprises of this year.
    I need to confess that when this movie was announced, I think in a biggest disaster, but when the first reviews appeared I start to think positive about 'The LEGO Movie', and finally when I watch the movie, WOW, I left satisfied, because the result is spectacular.
    The story is very smart, has elements that make it attractive for children an adults, but the little problem is that at times is boring.
    The music is really awesome, the main theme, ''Everything is Awesome'', wow, so addictive hahaha. And the most impressive part of this movie is the animation, create all the film (or the 99% part of the movie) with legos, AMAZING.
    All the characters, the story, the music, the development of the trama and the characters, the animation, the script, and the cameos make this a great movie.
  29. Jun 26, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most pleasant surprises of the year. What's just fantastic is that during 100 minutes, it unfolds an entire fictional universe without feeling rushed or leaving anything out of it AND it has time for sweet character moments, cool twists and funny meta-jokes. Everything in it really is awesome.
  30. Jun 26, 2014
    I had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling it all I'll just saw that it's heart warming but also carries an incredible message that sits well in todays society of busy bodies and distant families. Typically I don't enjoy many animated movies outside of the Pixar universe yet The Lego Movie managed to be one of the best movies I've seen in the last year. Kids will love it, but adults that can appreciate light-hearted humor (and the occasional more mature joke that geos over the heads of children) will love this movie just as much. Expand
  31. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the best PG movies of 2014. And MORGAN FREEMAN IS IN IT. The animation is nice and they try to include a lot of humor too. Most young children will probably really enjoy it.
  32. Jun 23, 2014
    The bright colors and action will make kids happy. However this works just as well for adults with a smart storyline and clever jokes. It's pure genius
  33. Jun 23, 2014
    It's just LEGO, everything related with Lego is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome!( i wrote it so as to fill the characters).
  34. Jun 14, 2014
    I am actually surprised that many people were bored by this movie. I found it quite entertaining and cute, with the kind of theme and plot to be expected from a movie made by LEGO ®. The characters were adorable and oozed inner strength. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for an entertaining and funny family film.
  35. Jun 9, 2014
    Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details you find on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream (Wooo) 3, 2, 1. Go Have you seen the film, everyone's talking The film is good 'cause everything's awesome Emmet is the 'chosen one', no, he's not voiced by Daniel Radcliffe No screen time for the boy wizard It feels more awesome than an awesome Pixar movie Dip my body in pizza toppings Three years later, wash off the tomato Smellin' like a margherita pizza, everything is awesome LEGO Milhouse appears, has no spoken lines But it's awesome to see him, and it's awesome to love it (it's awesome to love it) Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details as on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream LEGO-ized blue skies, Superman flies We just named two awesome things Batman arrives, plus plenty of other LEGO-ized things You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING! Dumbledore on helium, double decker couch, a song which repeats itself Glue stick weapons, a cracked helmet on a Spaceman minifigure Awesome parts of the LEGO Movie The writing ,voice-acting, Abraham Lincoln They're awesome Animation, live-action, and Will Ferrell They're awesome The ending, and music, and William Shakespeare That's awesome Everything you see, or hear, or miss Is awesome Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Expand
  36. Jun 1, 2014
    i have only one word to say about this film: AWESOME!!
    awesome story, awesome jokes, awesome actors, and awesome visuals and animation, this film is easily one of the year's best. trust me, once you're done watching this film, all you'll say is: "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!"
  37. May 30, 2014
    I have been waiting ever science i played with lego when i was 4 years old and now that it is here and....IT IS AWESOME (if you seen the movie you know what I mean) It has a good story a good cast and its cool
  38. May 30, 2014
    The Lego movie was a movie I was particularly excited to watch because of its instant fame and popularity. Thankfully, Warner Bros pictures did not fail in producing a spectacular movie. The only impediment was I had to constantly pause the movie (I watched it at home) to grasp what was happening in the story. At some points, we were exposed to so much information it was a bit overwhelming. Here is my conclusion:
    Characters: 5/5
    Plot: 3.5/5
    Animation (graphics): 5/5
    Humour: 5/5
  39. May 23, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is not only one of the greatest animated movies ever made, but it is one of the most original movies ever made. It is heart warming, action packed 100 minutes of epicnessss!!! If you are looking for an animated movie with endless creativity, colors and even character development, The LEGO Movie is the one, also it is my favorite movie of the year!!!! A must see!!!!
  40. May 6, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is great fun to watch with good dialogue and funny scenes, it is perfect for all ages. The story was really good, the ending was decent. Overall it is a fun movie to watch with family or friends
  41. Apr 30, 2014
    This Movie Is Soooooo Entertaining. All the People in the film were so Funny. Will Ferrell had a good voice as president Business. This movie had a funny script, Great Comedy Actors, And an good plot. Good Job, Phil Lord and Chris Miller!!
  42. Apr 27, 2014
    Everything about this movie is completely awesome!! Definitely an Academy Award winner for next years oscars!!!! Everything Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  43. Apr 26, 2014
    I just saw The LEGO Movie last night and I have to say that I absolutely loved it! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire and things like that which was so creative and I also love how the animation is shown to look like it's stop motion which was very creative and I actually prefer how the animations shows those limitations with how Lego Mini Figures move over how they smoothly move in like a cut-scene of a Traveler's Tales Lego game. I also love the characters in this movie and the cameos they make, it was so fun seeing different Lego properties come together in this movie. The plot does have some simplicity to it, but it's still a fun plot and is actually not to be taken that seriously, but in a good way. Overall, I loved The Lego Movie. I remember seeing trailers and stuff for this movie back in late 2013 and at most expecting this film to be just good like nothing special but nothing too bad, but I barely expected to fall in love with this film. This film's amazing, as of now I think this might be my favorite film of 2014 so far. Go see this movie, this film is excellent, it has some big laughs and it's a whole lot of fun and I think anyone can enjoy this film whether they are a kid or even an adult! Expand
  44. Apr 25, 2014
  45. Apr 21, 2014
    Easily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicing promises one of the best movies ever made.
  46. Apr 20, 2014
    Awesome movie. It's funny and has a great story. I thoroughly loved it. This movie is definitely for everyone. All the characters work well together and it's just a fantastic film overall.
  47. Apr 20, 2014
    Another prime example of how "kid's movie" need not mean "bland". Incredibly imaginative, superbly funny, and epic in scale, this movie will make you want to be eight years old again just so you can have an excuse to watch this movie over and over again
  48. Apr 19, 2014
    Pretty much the song "everything is awesome" sums up whats the movie is 'Awesome'

Very good story, With excellent characters along with voice acting, it is top notch with Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Morgan Freeman and Channing Tatem just to name a few.

The movie has some funny jokes and excellent references that fit in to make it awesome, The comedy is not dumbed down for
    children to get but it is smart so all ages will get the joke the best joke was the Star Wars scene.

The last 15 minutes with Will Ferrell and the kid (don't know the actors name) was an amazing scene, yes and that part about duplo :P.
  49. Mar 31, 2014
    Funny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. From the colorful cast to the almost deadpan humor, this movie is amazing in every single way.
  50. Mar 30, 2014
    The lego movie is a very entertaining and funny movie for all ages to enjoy. I went with one of my best friends and we were laughing the whole time. The animation of the movie was very well done and I love how they had real people in the movie as well as animation.
  51. Mar 29, 2014
    well, this is good animated movie of the year, my son actually enjoy this movie, and I really like it too, the character is very funny, like emmet and lord business, and also I like the song of the character who played by, morgan freeman, will ferrel, and Elizabeth banks, but the story line is little bit sucks, but the graphic of the cartoon is pretty amazing thing I ever saw and pretty hilarious movie of the year. Expand
  52. Mar 28, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I have been a fan of LEGO for over nine years, so I was excited to find out about this movie. I was expecting it to be a decent kids film, but it ended up being so much more. Its very creative and original as well as having beautiful animation (LEGO bricks everywhere!). Now, yes, this movie is an obvious advertisement for LEGO toys, but its a commercial done well. Also being a Batman fan, I was kind f worried about their take on the character being a jerk. Fortunately, he's really funny and is one of my favorite characters of the film. I shouldn't have been to worried since this isn't an official Batman thing after all, its just a parody of the character who reminds me of the same character in LEGO stop motion film maker Forrestfire101's videos. I'm actually surprised that a lot of the negative thoughts people have on the film is its live action ending. For me, I wouldn't have really liked the film without it. It solves the many plot holes I pointed out while watching it like, "If Business stole the Kragle 8 1/2 years ago, why not use it 8 1/2 years ago?" and "how did Batman know when to save Wyldstyle, Vitruvius, and Emmet while they were falling?" The point is, these were never plot holes! It was just a very young kid coming up with his own stupid story! It surprised when I got to this point in the film, and it made me feel nostalgic for the time I was a kid and came up with equally stupid stories. But despite all the good things I've been saying about the film, there are a few flaws I'd like to point out. If your watching the film for the first time, it can feel really fast paced around the beginning and some of the middle. However, it won't feel this way watching it the second time since you practically know whats gonna happen. My other flaw with the film, more of a nit pick actually, is that they get rid of the Good Cop character to quickly. I can't really consider it a spoiler since it happens right around the end of the first act, BEFORE we meet Batman, Uni-Kitty, Benny, and MetaBeard. I like the WAY they did it, but it they should have at least gotten rid of him in the middle of the film thus saving time for more jokes on the character. So, if you know someone who hasn't seen the film, go ahead and watch it with them. Expand
  53. Mar 23, 2014
    I came into it thinking, "How can they possibly make a Lego Movie a good film on any serious level?" and was blown away. Yes, this is a film about little Lego people, but it resonates on as many levels with 20-somethings and 90s kids as it does with youngsters because of its clever plot-line, punchy humor, and numerous cultural references. A winner on all levels.
  54. Mar 22, 2014
    The Lego Movie is the best movie of 2014 thus far. Not only did I think this movie was awesome but I have to say that this one of the best animated films made in a long time. Yes, I even enjoy this movie more over Frozen. If you haven't seen The Lego Movie yet, please do yourself a favor and at least give it a chance. You won't regret it because Everything is indeed AWESOME!
  55. Mar 21, 2014
    Just amazing!, the humour is meant for both adults and children, very good storyline, kept my laughing throughout the film! would happily buy this on dvd when it comes out :)
  56. Mar 18, 2014
    Being that I grew up building legos as a kid and having a much younger brother who enjoys it as well I was very excited for this movie. The overall production of this was incredible and this was the lego movie I always dreamed of. Also kudos to Will Ferrell on an incredible performance as well as the rest of the cast. The movie was pretty deep and thought provoking for an older audience and all around fun for a younger audience. This, in my opinion, is as perfect as a movie can get. Expand
  57. Mar 15, 2014
    I went into this movie with an open mind and was not disappointed let me get this out of the way this movies visuals are amazing it looks like real Lego's and besides that this movie was just overall a very fun experience it was funny and had a very awesome part ast the end I'm not gonna post any spoilers the only thing that I was kind of upset about is that I would have liked to see more creative things made in the lego movie besides the one thing at the end but besides that I'm gonna put this movie with my top ten favorite animated movies maybe even top five. Expand
  58. Mar 11, 2014
    All i am going to say is that this movie is a must see for ALL AGES! Final Verdict:9/10 YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  59. Mar 9, 2014
    Wow! I did not expect The Lego Movie to be so good, but it was hilarious, and everything is, as the song says, awesome, Liam Nesson was great, Morgan Freeman was great, and Will Arnett was perfect as Batman, also Will Ferell was a great bad guy, and the ending is just genius.
  60. Mar 8, 2014
    This movie is definetly my favorite movie of 2014 as its hilariously genius and just made me jaw hurt from great jokes, master plots, and more. SPACESHIP!
  61. Mar 7, 2014
    This movie was very entertaining. I was looking forward to this movie, but I did not expect it to be this good. I was laughing throughout the entire film and did not find a single moment dull.
  62. Mar 5, 2014
    An amazing movie, it has charismatics characters, the story is well-told and very funny as well, the movie is worth to watch because besides being very exciting it is very funny too. I recommend for all people not only the children.
  63. Mar 5, 2014
    The trailer I watched was lame. This movie wasn't, far from it. The more I think of it, I really want to see this again. A great movie with great jokes, actors and animation. It may look like a child's movie, but I can say, I enjoyed every last bit of this awesomeness. Do recommend.
  64. Mar 3, 2014
    How can you not give this film universal acclaim when it is able to get laughs, emotional connections, in a well-written story for all ages? The casting is massive and yet everyone works together at an even level. This is a highly enjoyable film from beginning to end, and recommended for anyone in 2014
  65. Mar 3, 2014
    I loved this movie, it is incredible. The animation is wonderful, the characters are incredible likable, the message at the end is valuable, the plot twist is very well done and it's hilarious. There's nothing else to say but "Everything is awesome!" and as my friend Memburg said, "Spaceship!"
  66. Mar 3, 2014
    I expected great things from the Lego Movie - they hold use rights for many-a-franchise, they have a lot of creative horsepower behind them, and the Lego games are many and successful.
    The movie surpassed my expectations, delivering a hilarious, joyful, and surprisingly meaningful romp through a child's playland on par with Pixar's finest works.
    Though the movie seems not to take itself
    too seriously, and in fact seems to encourage the viewer not to take it, or anything, too seriously, it slows down at just the right moments to deliver just a little more than your average kid's movie. Expand
  67. Feb 27, 2014
    Finest children's film (feels like a misnomer, honestly) I've seen since Toy Story 3. I took a date, and we laughed throughout the entire movie. This film is a pure joy. Technically masterful, comedically sharp, dazzlingly original. I'd go see it again in a heartbeat. Cannot recommend it highly enough!
  68. Feb 27, 2014
    The humour in this movie is just unbelievably funny. Some of the best I have ever seen in an animated film actually. The voice acting is also superb (who can dislike an animation movie with freakin' Morgan Freeman in it?!) and it goes without saying that the animation is just sublime. But with all this aside, it does not mean the movie is flawless. There might have been a bit too much morals in the movie, what leads to not having a clear moral at all. For parents, there is the 'Enjoy the time with your kids' moral, while for kids there is the 'Share the fun' moral and for everyone there are several 'Believe in yourself' like morals. Also, at some points in the movie there is an unclear sense of reality (I will not give too much away about that, but when you saw the movie I think you can easily get my point). But the biggest flaw has to be the characters. They are not bad or anything, but the main ones have such mixed personality that you sometimes do not know whether you have to feel good or bad for one. But in the end, the amazing amount of jokes that actually hit bullseye, verbal or non-verbal, makes up for every single flaw there is in this movie. It actually got me playing with LEGO again, because even though some messages may be unclear, one was very clear to me: "LEGO is for all ages". Expand
  69. Feb 27, 2014
    I really enjoyed this film. The visuals are really good, the cast is strong and it has as many characters from as many different sets as it could possibly manage!

Even the subtle things like fire and water effects are the actual fire and water bricks you would get in a set not some standard explosion which would have been disjointed. Other things like 1980's spaceship guy having a worn
    logo and cracked helmet, things that are well known to have happened to that piece over time.

They did the best thing they could of done with the story and thats not make it perfect but make it as random as possible. There are flaws in the story yes but when you get to the end you realise why it is so random and it ties everything up in a nice neat bow.

Favourite characters are definitely 1980's spaceship guy and good cop bad cop.
  70. Feb 26, 2014
    You have to see it to understand why it's 10/10 material. The characters seem a little cliche at first, but the filmmakers really build on that in a comedic way. Not like the usual role reversals, but more like what you definitely would not expect from these characters until halfway in.
  71. Feb 26, 2014
    The Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly used them as soldiers playing war. This movie like the Shrek dynasty, is fine for any age. I never believe it when the ads say that but this is true. Expand
  72. Feb 26, 2014
    Thus far this is tied with Her as my favourites for 2014. There is a lot to like about this movie especially having seen it in 3D which enhances just how entertaining this is. A obvious comment - this is Lego brought to life!

I loved how well thought through this movie was. Whilst it references popular culture both through characters of other stories but also Internet memes such as
    Batman's capacity to achieve anything. It has aptly timed humour that was refreshingly unexpected. But most of all I really enjoyed how to the story unfolded with the presence of real world items; the end result being an acknowledgement of the creativity found in a child's mind and how adults can inhibit this. Brilliant.

On that note I really appreciated the deeper meaning in this film and how well rounded the message is: creativity shouldn't be limited to those who think freely and originally. Anyone is capable of creativity whether it be complete new, a slight different, or a revised of something already present. But beyond that independant creativity thought should be applauded communal creative thought should be too. As well as creative thought derived from instructions.

Toy Story 3 was the last animation film I saw which was explored childhood and what it meanings, including growing up. It was a masterpiece which hasn't been topped. Lego Movie is not as good and is different but what it does share is an equally relevant showcase of experiences children have.

I trust you, like me, walked away from this movie wanting to play with Lego, play Mindcraft or do something creative. Wonderful!
  73. Feb 25, 2014
    From Bruce Wayne to Bronnies this movie has enough cultural gags to keep an angry mob smiling and laughing with joy. Fits that great balance of being entertaining to kids yet has enough familiar voices to keep their parents enthralled. All this and does it with class that is completely family friendly.
  74. Feb 25, 2014
    A pleasant mix of lighthearted humor and emotional twists, The Lego movie didn't disappoint. Although I found the opening scene to be bad, the rest of the movie more than redeemed it.
  75. Feb 24, 2014
    This movie was super cute and super funny. Entertaining for adults and children alike. Any adult that had a fondness for Legos as a kid would love this. Writing is very witty and funny, laughs the whole time. So many clever things they thought to incorporate. The only criticism I have is that while the twist at the end was a fun surprise, it made it seem a little anticlimactic.
  76. Feb 23, 2014
    This is the first movie of 2014 I've seen but I can already tell it'll be my favorite, even outside "kids'" movies. I can think of nothing about this movie that wasn't done absolutely perfect. It's got at least a laugh a minute with a very smart self-aware sense of humor. The characters are all likable & fun to watch, even the villains. Every voice actor does a fantastic job, which you wouldn't think with a cast so dominated by big names that'd make you think this would be a lame cash grab. And the twist at the end is nothing short of jaw-dropping, not just because of the twist itself (which those perceptive enough might see coming) but also because of what the plot does with that twist. Even if you're usually not a fan of kids' movies, this is a must-watch.

(For my full review, look up "Spin It Reviews" on YouTube. I'd appreciate it. And don't worry, no spoilers.)
  77. Feb 23, 2014
    Expecting one of those LEGO ninjago or LEGO movies that didn't make it to theaters? Well, don't... because those movies were terrible compared to this lovely movie! Features many characters from LEGO sets as master builders. Jokes just keep on flying by.

Not tempted? Then here's another reason: It has Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell.
  78. Feb 22, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es proyecto muy original e imaginativo. Me sorprendió cuando fui al cine para verla, pagar la entrada valió la pena, fue espectacular, uno de esos proyectos que son capaces de ser premiados para la mejor película animada (del año que viene). Lo mejor de The LEGO Movie de lejos son sus personajes creados con figuras de LEGO reales en Stop Motion pero de alguna manera logran cobrar vida a lo largo de la película, tiene un humor sano, inocente y divertido, y como alago final: NO CAE EN LO RIDÍCULO, ya que muchas películas animadas de hoy en día son patéticas. Pero vale la pena hacer una observación de ésta ya que es un proyecto divertido que disfrutaran personas de todas las edades. Expand
  79. Feb 22, 2014
    An action packed, hilarious and sometimes quite stupid movie, The lego movie gives out the message that you don’t have to be a Hero of a Prophecy or Special to make a mark in this world . but it is important to have self-belief to achieve own goals . The protagonist also conveys his message that everything doesn’t always have to be perfect, there are times when the mind needs to be free and imaginative, creative and be allowed to build anything it wants, the way it wants it. Expand
  80. Feb 21, 2014
    Fantastic fun, funny family movie. I would be suprised if we get a better animated movie this year, It was really funny for any age, and had a lot of heart. I would recommend this movie to anyone, and I realize it's still very early but the best movie period of 2014 so far. When I first heard about a Lego movie I thought it was a ridiculous idea that didn't really make sense to me...but they have certainly proven it was a great idea. Expand
  81. Feb 20, 2014
    The LEGO Movie has set the bar insanely high for 2014, and it has only just begun. This movie performs so well that it will most likely be in the top 10 best of 2014, let alone the best animated flick. I loved it instantly within the first 20 minutes. It is filled with jokes just for adults, but had the playfulness to keep children entertained. Very rarely does a movie come along that blends those two so perfectly, let along an animated film. This movie also has most likely the best cast of 2014. It has Chris Pratt as the lovable lead and that he holds perfectly. His performance is supported by many fantastic actors, but the show is ultimately stolen by Will Arnett as Batman who becomes the audience favorite by far. The movie is also lathered in well hidden spectacular voice actor cameos that only certain fans will notice and understand. The movie is also stuffed with references to landscape and for fans that are Lego builders themselves. My favorite part about this movie is the animation style. It is done so superbly that it fooled almost everybody that saw the movie. The movie is CGI, but designed and looks like it was done in stop motion, it was so convincing, from the inside and out of the lego bricks, to the minor scratches on the characters face. The LEGO Movie doesn't just go down as one of my favorite movies of 2014, but as one of my top 3 favorite animated films of all-time. Expand
  82. Feb 20, 2014
    I would consider it offensive if this was labelled simply as a '100 minute commercial'. It may be made involving a corporate franchise, but it is there to teach, not to sell.

The LEGO Movie uniquely combines smart sharp satire towards examples like pop culture and consumerism, a charming voice cast voicing a whole array of interesting characters (if you look close enough, some of the
    characters parody the usual stock characters) and a morality tale. It not only subverts tropes, but also subverts expectations right until the end. It's difficult to see a film just once, especially when it contains so much humour and wit when mocking things left right and centre.

Everything I feel about this film is exciting. Animation can show itself to stand out in throwing out a non generic message involving politics, business and culture. The villain himself shows the audacity as a president to not only demonstrate his nefariousness, but impose his own ideologies with no room for creativity. Not only that, but the LEGO Movie also plays on the cliches of many outrageous tropes - how does it work out when a simple, ordinary construction worker is suddenly announced as the centre of the prophecy as 'the Special'? What happens when he encounters someone considered to be the 'manic pixie dream girl'? The split personality of the Good Cop Bad Cop is refreshing when it comes to two distinctively defined cops interrogating someone, and the gleeful decision made about Green Lantern after his film ultimately failed is dark but amusing.

However, when it comes to happy endings, even that doesn't remain the same. Even for the villain himself. It doesn't spit out the usual kind of messages - whether on the scale of the morality tale or the satire surrounding politics and the like.
  83. Feb 20, 2014
    Absolutely hilarious, Great film, Entertaining, Wether you are 7 or 50, its just great. The animation and story is carefuly and cleverly done, And the ending was lovely :,) WATCH THIS FILM RIGHT NOW
  84. Feb 20, 2014
    Probably the best animated/children's film I've ever seen. It was so funny and the stop frame animation was sooo cool!! Even the credits were awesome! Go see this film!
  85. Feb 20, 2014
    In terms of animated films that cater for young and old audiences this film is up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. It's imaginative, original and extremely funny. The story and characters are purposefully cliche which leads to a lot of parody of itself and other aspects of pop culture and visually it is a colourful creative joy. All of this is complimented by the fantastic cast of voice actors (Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell) that bring a suprising life to the characters themselves. If you want an idea of the humour then it's either a child friendly version of Family Guy or a mature version of Spongebob. Somewhere in between those two. Either way its inclusive and entertaining.
    The only way someone could not enjoy this film to some degree is if they were consciously trying to dislike it and even then it would be a challenge. Also the soundtrack will likely be stuck in your head for at least two weeks afterwards.
  86. Feb 19, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is fantastic and every child and adult how used to play with LEGO's as a kid should see. Its fun, curative and is visually something you will never see again.
  87. Feb 18, 2014
    The lego movie is a fantastic departure from usual chosen one children's fare that provides a witty that young and old should watch the excellent voice talent from Chris Pratt, Jonah Hill, Morgan Freeman, Elizabeth Banks, and Will Ferrel.l
  88. Feb 18, 2014
    A movie that manages to stand straight against Pixar and still looks awesome. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
  89. Feb 17, 2014
    Amazing Animation, A Steady Plot, Wonderful Characters, Pleasant Humor, Is What Makes The Lego Movie My Favourite Film Tied With The Avengers Well Done Warner Brothers And Phil Lord And Chris Miller.
  90. Feb 17, 2014
    Everything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is a bright and shining example of true, unique creativity…plus, it’s all about the greatest toys ever created. So, it has that going for it as well. Expand
  91. Feb 17, 2014
    This film is absolutely fantastic. It's quite similar to The Simpsons in the way that if you watch it as a child, you'll love it, but if you watch it as an adult, you'll love it even more as there is some bits of humor that only adults will understand.
    This film is a must see.
  92. Feb 16, 2014
    If you are a kid, this movie contains a valuable lesson you must learn. If you are an adult who played with lego as a kid you will also enjoy yourself with this film. At the start it hints that it is going to be too children's cartoon for you to enjoy. But then it quickly develops in to something both adults and kids can take pleasure from.
    The concepts are kept simple enough for children
    to follow. But simple isn't bad. And there are more than enough in-jokes to keep adults laughing out loud for quite a while.

Will Farrell plays his part terrifically. Much like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Conan films, he finds just the right balance to make it work. Its serious enough to be believable but relaxed enough it doesn't feel out of place. And considering he has actual face time in a movie 95% CG plastic lego men, it would be so easy to break consistency there.

I have two criticisms of the film. Firstly I though there should be more "Middle Zealand."
    Also as I write this I have the "everything is awesome" song stuck in my head. When you hear it you'll understand.
  93. Feb 16, 2014
    This movie has potential to be the movie of the year. It manages to appeal to both children and adults, with rapid fire humor, one liners, well done action sequences, and several carefully intertwined themes, this movie is one of the best I've ever seen. I expected little more than a 2 hour Lego commercial, but got 2 hours of action, humor, and meta awareness.
  94. Feb 16, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!
  95. Feb 16, 2014
    I have always loved LEGO, and I was looking forwards to seeing it no matter how bad it was. I even had a huge grin on my face all throughout the movie. It was funny, awesome, and had everything made with LEGO, even the animated explosions. It showed you can build anything with LEGO. Plus the ending warmed my heart like anything else. Easily the best movie of 2014, so far.
  96. Feb 15, 2014
    Absolutely loved it! I really enjoyed it when my girlfriend would look at me like I was crazy..
    The only thing that bugged me a bit was some of the animations.. on some scenes they could have used a few more frames for a more fluid motion, but all in all a wonderful movie!
  97. Feb 14, 2014
    What a great first movie of the year! The Lego Movie offers a variety of entertainment of people of all ages. It is on par with Toy Story's story, characters, animation, and everything that had made those movies so great. It is a kid friendly movie, with some innuendos that only adults or teens would get. Everything was so pleasant from this movie and I left wishing I was watching a movie like this when I was a child. 10/10 MUST SEE Expand
  98. Feb 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, I went to it as excited as can be. I find myself very lucky that my experience wasn't ruined by whiny smelly chatty gullible children, as there weren't any in the theatre.
    Anyway, onto the movie. I'm gonna say this, this movie is probably one of the best of 2014. It was really awesome, loved all the characters, the dialogue and the interactions between them was lovely. The events were awesome and the pacing of the whole movie was astonishing. And the animating was pretty mind blowing for a Lego Movie.
    But, here's the thing. This movie is, in hindsight, a 'Journey is better than the destination' case. But when watching it in the theatre, the ending kinda makes the events of the whole movie pointless. As none of it is real, and it's just Will Ferrell VS Will Ferrell's son. But it's still a good movie... And in some scenes, the combination of CGI and Stop-Motion kinda throws you off. Especially when the Stop-Motion-only bits are barely distinguishable from the CGI ones.
    Back to the good stuff. The whole idea of this movie is awesome, and the implications, along with the truth behind those implications seem too mature for kids, makes me kinda wonder what the writers were also constrained to, due to the movie's PG rating.
    Liam Neeson's performance (I'm not calling him Bad Cop, nope) was outstanding, and I'v never had as many feels for a factional character as this guy (Well, maybe Lee Everett).
    Morgan Freeman (Not calling him Vitruvius, either) did his role pretty awesomely, too. But Morgan Freeman, as an actor gets a free pass, no matter what. He's still really really great in this movie.
    Batman was also a nice character, a much needed change from the serious gritty dark Batman we're used to. And the Star Wars scene ...I literally started applauding right there.
    This movie, didn't need to be 3D. It barely used it beside the part where Liam Neeson shoots the screen. I can't wait to see 3D just go.
    Anyway, I'm going off topic here. This movie, as it's theme of 'unspecial' goes, is awesome!
    I'd give it a 9.2 just because of the ending, but for lack of a fractional voting system on this site, I give it a deserving 10/10. There needs to be way more movies like this, movies that know what they are and make the best of it, not movies like Kick-Ass 2 or Man Of Steel that are simply trying too hard.
  99. Feb 12, 2014
    So first of all I was a little skeptical after hearing that a Lego movie was in the works. Then I learned that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were writing and directing. That's when this movie got my attention. Now let me just make it very clear that I am a huge Lego fan and have been playing with it since I can remember.

I can with all the confidence in the world say, that this movie
    does NOT disappoint! Firstly the animation that's meant to look like stop motion looks phenomenal.It's hilarious and witty with great characters and for a story that's fairly formulaic, also has depth and emotion. Have to be honest, I kinda saw the twist coming but it's great nonetheless. The ending tugged my heartstrings much like Toy Story 3 did. All in all I walked out of the cinema, firstly singing "Everything is Awesome!" and secondly I checked it of my list as the best animation that I have seen. Expand
  100. Feb 11, 2014
    This movie is absolutely wonderful, you could put it right next to a Disney movie, easily. I can see why some people didn't like it, with the old school animation, cheesy jokes and the fact that its centered around the product, but as for the people who hate it, they are just stereotyping the movie as a kids movie or an advertisement. To truly enjoy this movie you must have an open mind and treat it just like any other movie Expand

1. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill