8.2

1. Feb 8, 2014
    Easily the best movie of 2014, The lego movie offers fresh animation, awesome puns and many famous actors such as Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman... I recommend this movie for immediate watch.
  2. Feb 8, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Expand
  3. Feb 8, 2014
    The LEGO Movie took me completely by surprise and blew my socks off. By all rights, it had no right to be good, as it seemed like a complete complete cosh cow movie. But somehow, it turned out to be the one of the most imaginative and fun movies for the whole family that takes a twist into straight up meta commentary by the end. The big thing that makes the movie run so well, apart fromThe LEGO Movie took me completely by surprise and blew my socks off. By all rights, it had no right to be good, as it seemed like a complete complete cosh cow movie. But somehow, it turned out to be the one of the most imaginative and fun movies for the whole family that takes a twist into straight up meta commentary by the end. The big thing that makes the movie run so well, apart from the really fast comedy coming at you most of the time, comes from the fact that it is, in fact, a LEGO movie, thus everything is based around LEGO physics, motion, and logic. This leads to a lot of jokes and clever use of the set pieces, which I mean quite literally. Honestly, I don’t think the movie would have worked if it took itself completely seriously, but since the plot runs on complete irony, that’s not a problem. Oh, and the acting is superb too, including Charlie Day, who I never would have recognized were it not for the credits. I’m not sure if anyone who hasn’t played with LEGOs or had a kid who did so would enjoy this movie as much apart from the subtle adult jokes that would slip past the kids, but maybe they could. It’s one of the most upbeat, charming, grin-inducing movies that I’ve seen in a while and I think it deserves a watch. Go out and feel like a kid again. Expand
  4. Feb 8, 2014
    The LEGO Movie just literally brought my childhood to life
    Pros:
    -The Animation is one of the best I've seen so far
    -The characters are relatable
    -Batman is in it :D
    -The voice acting is great
    -The story is awesome
    -There's actual Character Development
    Cons
    -The Beginning is a disappointment
    -some of the jokes aren't funny
    Recommendation: Everyone
  5. Feb 7, 2014
    Undeniably one of the best animations of 2014 yet, The Lego Movie uses numerous plot twists, pop culture references, satirical jokes, and charming characters, it is the movie that can be tied with PIxar's Toy Story. Every kid who plays Lego toys will surely enjoy this entertainment full length CGi movie, and it can also delight adults and older teenagers.

It's box office performance

It's box office performance will surely rose higher than Toy Story and can become a mega hit blockbuster because The Lego Movie is a funny comic relief like Disney's Frozen intended to become.
  6. Feb 8, 2014
    The movie was very enjoyable not just for kids but for all ages. It was sweet and has a great message. The movie was so hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. The story was original and refreshing, the characters are well developed and relatable. A definite must see movie of the year so far!
  7. Feb 7, 2014
    I just saw the lego movie and you would LOVE it. When I was at the theaters I saw other adults laughing so hard just like me. If you are going to the movies to watch some thing else just change your mine and get tickets for the lego movie, trust me.
  8. Feb 8, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most frantic movies I have ever seen, but also one of the most creative and funny. It is filled with charm, intelligent humor, and more importantly heart.

The writing is incredibly strong. There are a lot if play on words and unpredictable moments that really surprise the viewers. I love the themes about conformity and being special. It’s quit unique as it says that anyone can be special regardless of their creativity or need to be different.

The characters Vitruvious, Lucy, Batman, and Lord Business are all great. Their voice actors do a great job and they deliver their jokes perfectly. Emmet is the main character and probably the best because he is so relatable and a very atypical hero. There isn’t anything really special about him, but he’s a great every man and Chris Pratt brings the right amount of humanity and charm to the role.

The animation is beautiful and incredibly creative. There are a lot of great sight gags and visual effects. I really lije the stop motion look the movie achieves even though the first few minutes are jarring.

Overall, “Everything is Awesome” and this a beautifully crafted and intelligently written film that packs the right amount of humor and heart. The animation is great and incredibly creative. I really like this film and I highly recommend it. I give is 4.5/5
  9. Feb 7, 2014
    Everything about this film seems to be flawless. The animation was astoundingly brilliant, the pop culture humor worked expertly well, the story was clever and heart warming, and the entire film was hilarious from its beginning to end with lovable characters all around. The Lego Movie is the perfect film for children and adults of all ages.
  10. Feb 8, 2014
    Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!
  11. Feb 7, 2014
    This movie ROCKS!! It freakin ROCKS!!! The first movie of this new year to wow and completely amaze me in animation and even comedy. That's one of the biggest strengths of this movie, it's absolutely hilarious! I'm not Bull-Sh*ting you guys! It's really hilarious! Trust me! The story is surprisingly clever and the pop culture references sparkle. And it's filled with an outstanding voiceThis movie ROCKS!! It freakin ROCKS!!! The first movie of this new year to wow and completely amaze me in animation and even comedy. That's one of the biggest strengths of this movie, it's absolutely hilarious! I'm not Bull-Sh*ting you guys! It's really hilarious! Trust me! The story is surprisingly clever and the pop culture references sparkle. And it's filled with an outstanding voice cast lead by Chris Pratt, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell, etc. I can go on and on, but let me cut to the chase. If you're a fan of lego's, YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LAUGH YOUR BUTTS OFF AND LOVE THIS FRICKIN MOVIE. nuff said. This obviously deserves an A+!!!!!!!! Expand
  12. Feb 9, 2014
    I am a 56 year old grandmother who took my LEGO loving, creative seven year old granddaughter for an after school treat to see THE LEGO movie. I don't know if it was the fault of the movie or the way our theater started the movie but initially there was little to no fanfare for the beginning of the movie. At one point, my granddaughter and I looked at each other and we both quietlyI am a 56 year old grandmother who took my LEGO loving, creative seven year old granddaughter for an after school treat to see THE LEGO movie. I don't know if it was the fault of the movie or the way our theater started the movie but initially there was little to no fanfare for the beginning of the movie. At one point, my granddaughter and I looked at each other and we both quietly whispered at the same moment how much we both felt as if we had sensory overload with the pace of the movie, a story we didn't initially understand, the sounds, the colors and graphics. However, once we were comfortably settled in we thoroughly enjoyed the movie. There's humor suitable for adult and child alike. My granddaughter loved it because it included humor, adventure, superheroes, good vs. evil and romance!

Yes, it may one big advertisement for LEGOS but I say, "Good for them!" because it was so entertaining and I can think of a lot worse we're all exposed to on a daily basis.

As I watched the film, I marveled at the detailed graphics and the hard work and investment made by the creators and animators. Put simply: Adults would do well to see the movie purely for the creativity if nothing else.

We appreciated the celebrity voice-overs too. While the live-action in the movie may seem subdued in relation to the rest of the movie, it certainly goes a long way to tying everything together and helping it all make sense.
  13. Feb 8, 2014
    I absolutely loved this movie! It was hilarious, heartwarming and absolutely stunning all at the same time. It was a hit with both the adults and the kids, who immediately sang "Everything is Awesome" the whole way home. And it is absolutely worth the money to see in 3D.
  14. Feb 7, 2014
    Being an awesome ride with emotion that really stands out, The LEGO Movie is a fast-paced, quick-witted adventure that's also so endearing it makes one's heart swell.
  15. Feb 9, 2014
    It is a rare event that I give a film a 10/10 rating but if there was ever a film that was more deserving in recent memory, I can't think of one. It is by far the best animated film I have ever seen and that includes ANY Pixar film. This is the first film I have seen in years in which the entire audience stood up and applauded when the credits rolled. The level of detail is absolutelyIt is a rare event that I give a film a 10/10 rating but if there was ever a film that was more deserving in recent memory, I can't think of one. It is by far the best animated film I have ever seen and that includes ANY Pixar film. This is the first film I have seen in years in which the entire audience stood up and applauded when the credits rolled. The level of detail is absolutely phenomenal, right down to the tiny scratches in the ABS plastic, and, my favorite, the visible finger prints on the minifigures themselves. I came out of this film realizing that though cleverly marketed as a kid's film, this is a nostalgia film for X and Y Geners (is that a word? don't care, going with it...) and the tell was with 1980s spaceman. Anyone whoever had this minifigure (or a similar one with the space helmet) knew that within a month's time of taking that helmet off repeatedly the bottom of the helmet near the chin would split because it was so thin. This film immediate takes our generation back to a time when we were seven years-old. From the beginning, the story seems like nothing more than a rehash of Kung Fu Panda or The Matrix with the role of Po/Neo taken on by our very ordinary hero, Emmet. As the film progresses, it takes on the tone and plot of a million of other action film cliches but the visually stunning frenetic action combines with multiple clever pop-culture references allows you to forgive what seems like a generic story and just simply enjoy the awesome adventure that you and your kids are on. And make no mistake, this film was designed to be seen by families which just makes the experience that much more enjoyable. So am I saying that the overall experience of the film makes up for the weak story? Nope. In the last 20 minutes of the film there are live-action sequences that tie the whole story together and turn what was a generic and almost mediocre plot into one of the most brilliant pieces of story-telling I have ever seen in a family film. It was so cleverly done that I literally slapped myself in the forehead for being tricked like I was because the film drops not-so-subtle clues as to the big twist throughout the whole film. My only regret is that I didn't see it in 3D as this is one film that it is a moral imperative to see in 3D. Oh, well... I guess we'll just have to go see it again. Expand
  16. Feb 20, 2014
    I would consider it offensive if this was labelled simply as a '100 minute commercial'. It may be made involving a corporate franchise, but it is there to teach, not to sell.

The LEGO Movie uniquely combines smart sharp satire towards examples like pop culture and consumerism, a charming voice cast voicing a whole array of interesting characters (if you look close enough, some of the characters parody the usual stock characters) and a morality tale. It not only subverts tropes, but also subverts expectations right until the end. It's difficult to see a film just once, especially when it contains so much humour and wit when mocking things left right and centre.

Everything I feel about this film is exciting. Animation can show itself to stand out in throwing out a non generic message involving politics, business and culture. The villain himself shows the audacity as a president to not only demonstrate his nefariousness, but impose his own ideologies with no room for creativity. Not only that, but the LEGO Movie also plays on the cliches of many outrageous tropes - how does it work out when a simple, ordinary construction worker is suddenly announced as the centre of the prophecy as 'the Special'? What happens when he encounters someone considered to be the 'manic pixie dream girl'? The split personality of the Good Cop Bad Cop is refreshing when it comes to two distinctively defined cops interrogating someone, and the gleeful decision made about Green Lantern after his film ultimately failed is dark but amusing.

However, when it comes to happy endings, even that doesn't remain the same. Even for the villain himself. It doesn't spit out the usual kind of messages - whether on the scale of the morality tale or the satire surrounding politics and the like.
  17. Feb 20, 2014
    Probably the best animated/children's film I've ever seen. It was so funny and the stop frame animation was sooo cool!! Even the credits were awesome! Go see this film!
  18. Feb 9, 2014
    Thankfully, "The Lego Movie" is not just an absurdly entertaining, pop-culture-reference-filled romp of childhood nostalgia, it is also an impeccably well-written narrative with stunning animation and a brilliant respect for its audience.
  19. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie was so much fun because it was so funny. The good/ Cop bad routine was a riot. Will Farrell was at his best in this movie! He should do more kid movies!!!!!
  20. Mar 9, 2014
    Wow! I did not expect The Lego Movie to be so good, but it was hilarious, and everything is, as the song says, awesome, Liam Nesson was great, Morgan Freeman was great, and Will Arnett was perfect as Batman, also Will Ferell was a great bad guy, and the ending is just genius.
  21. Feb 9, 2014
    Everything is awesome!! Especially in this film. Being a big kid and a fan of Lego, I knew this was a film I was likely to enjoy. However, growing up with films like toy story and seeing how it was directed at an older audience in the 3rd film, I was concern it might be directed more at children than at an older audience.

What I found instead is that comedy is timeless. Audiences of all

What I found instead is that comedy is timeless. Audiences of all ages can appreciate the film and there are emotional moments that really tug on your heart strings. The voice acting was superb and the films animation was great, although the shots of the ocean slightly were juddery if I'm honest.

The film is a lot of fun and I'd be surprised if you didn't come out of the film wanted to re-captor those childhood moments and buy some Lego.
  22. Mar 5, 2014
    An amazing movie, it has charismatics characters, the story is well-told and very funny as well, the movie is worth to watch because besides being very exciting it is very funny too. I recommend for all people not only the children.
  23. Nov 10, 2014
    With witty dialogue and unique stop motion visual effects, The LEGO Movie is a surprisingly smart and thought-provoking movie for not only children but adults too. Everything is awesome in this movie.
  24. Feb 9, 2014
    This movie is great,, the animation is amazing, the story is fantastic, and it surprises you a lot, and the movie is full of intelligent jokes I think this movie will be a greatest movies of 2014.
  25. Feb 8, 2014
    When it comes to my reviews, know that I never lie. So listen up when I tell you, The LEGO Movie is the most powerful animated movie to be released since Up. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) masterfully put together an animated action-comedy that entertains grade-schoolers, adolescents, and parents equally. Think Wreck-It Ralph, but withWhen it comes to my reviews, know that I never lie. So listen up when I tell you, The LEGO Movie is the most powerful animated movie to be released since Up. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (21 Jump Street, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs) masterfully put together an animated action-comedy that entertains grade-schoolers, adolescents, and parents equally. Think Wreck-It Ralph, but with more biting comedy, more evocative animation, a more powerful social message, and much stronger nostalgia.
    The animators behind The LEGO Movie were able to develop a look that was absolutely perfect for the theme of the film. By using CG to emulate a technically advanced version of stop-motion, the animators capture the processes that went through our minds as children playing with elaborate Lego sets – it never played out smoothly in our minds, because Lego bricks inherently are not smooth. Their dedication to a world built entirely out of Lego bricks resulted in inventive images, such as small (but not so small) transparent blue bricks representing large drops of water. This style of animation instantly makes the movie a marvel to watch; it is gorgeous without having to be flashily realistic.
    The voice actors in The LEGO Movie could not have been casted better. Unlike other animated movies in recent memory (Epic, Turbo), The LEGO Movie’s star-studded cast achieves its fullest potential, imbuing every character with a bursting, unique personality. Lord and Miller should also be lauded for their cleverly devised and written characters. Popular names such as Batman, Gandalf, Chewbacca, and Shaquille O’Neal (voiced by himself) mingle with familiar and ubiquitous pieces such as construction workers, ambiguous astronauts, and cops with double-sided faces, but each one boasts an equally strong spirit. Here, Lord and Miller channel memories of when we were younger and would mix people from different sets to create a truly unique adventure.
    What’s clever about their screenplay is that, unlike Wreck-It Ralph or even the Toy Story series, Lord and Miller contain the entirety of the story in the imagination of the youthful mind. The plot, the settings, and the action scenes are all written as professionally executed manifestations of the workings of a child at play. Even the profound themes on liberation of the mind and freedom of creative expression all originate in the imagination of the central character, something revealed near the end of the movie but known by a smart viewer all the way through. Lord and Miller’s ability to hone this childlike state of thought without coming across as naïve or immature deserves serious laud. Additionally, it’s refreshing to watch a movie that actually made me laugh from the belly every time it made a joke.
    There’s not much more I can tell you about this movie to convince you that The LEGO Movie is genuinely an amazing animated, family-friendly (and I mean the whole family) action-comedy. I mean, it’s already hard enough to imagine a mediocre movie set in an entirely Lego world – believe me, I tried. The only thing I can say is, if you were planning to use this weekend to catch up on Oscar-nominated movies, rip those tickets up and go watch The LEGO Movie instead.

FINAL SCORE: 92.5 (almost perfect -----o--------------- perfect)
  26. Feb 8, 2014
    This movie was amazingly well aware of its self and all aspects of it fully delivered. The animation was great, and with a bunch of awesome actors The LEGO Movie was already superb. The movie kept me and the rest of the theater laughing the entire time, with it bringing something for both kids and adults. I can't get "Everything is Awesome" out of my head.
  27. Feb 18, 2014
    A movie that manages to stand straight against Pixar and still looks awesome. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
  28. Feb 8, 2014
    What a treat to enjoy with my 11 year old daughter! The Lego Movie was fresh, nuanced, fast paced and full of jokes and puns that all ages could enjoy and laugh over. I look forward to seeing it again to catch what I missed the first time. Well done!
  29. Feb 8, 2014
    Up until the last 10 minutes or so this film is an absolute hilarity, with some amazingly timed jokes, outrageous cameos, and witty dialogue. Then you reach the last 10 minutes and (without spoilers) you realize just how deep and profound the message of the movie is, giving everything a much greater meaning and purpose, while delving into some vey good meta-fiction. Nothing about thisUp until the last 10 minutes or so this film is an absolute hilarity, with some amazingly timed jokes, outrageous cameos, and witty dialogue. Then you reach the last 10 minutes and (without spoilers) you realize just how deep and profound the message of the movie is, giving everything a much greater meaning and purpose, while delving into some vey good meta-fiction. Nothing about this feels fake, the entire movie is beaming with life and about an hour after you leave you feel like you have taken such a welcome breath of fresh air, and I hate kids movies. This is not a kids movie, it is a movie that kids can watch and enjoy, but it is not a kids movie. Everything is indeed AWESOME. Expand
  30. Feb 7, 2014
    loved it who doesn't like legos your never too old to still like legos when i was at theaters there was mostly grown people then kids. In my opinion its the BEST MOVIE THAT EVER ASSEMBLED!

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.