8.2

1. Oct 12, 2014
    "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" Including this movie and the Spaceship Guy.....Spaceship!..................................................................................................
  2. Sep 18, 2014
    In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand
  3. Sep 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as The Lion King. A must-see for children and all fans of those little plastic bricks. Expand
  4. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;)

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in
    execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  5. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  6. Aug 6, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much. Just a family friendly movie to watch with my parents when we had nothing else to watch. Instead, I got one of the funniest movies i've seen in quite a while. References are in no short supply, and much to my surprise, are not just from kids shows. but more from age old shows and movies that not many kids will have seen. Star Wars, LoTR, all the super hero shows of the '70s. All done brilliantly, with amazing voice acting, Animation can be stiff at times, but really, your dealing with legos. C'mon. Anyway, I really didn't think that i'd enjoy it this much, and really, with most movies now a days being total **** this one is one of the better movies i've seen in a while. "Everything is awesome!" Expand
  7. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most recent animated feature I watch in a movie theatre and it is also one of the most creative film that I have ever watched. There is only one word to describe its plot, technique and art direction — phenomenal! Really, I am not kidding. Everything really is, awesome. They got me awestruck with all the pretty waters, fires, clouds and rainbows; a vibrant world constructed entirely with Legos and filled with interesting Lego Minifigures!

In addition to its lovely and immensely detailed world, The Lego Movie (2014) is quite entertaining to watch as there are plenty of hilarious gags, Lego humor and frank characters that always say what's on their mind without holding back. Strange but I am also enthralled with the way they portray totalitarian in Bricksburg, where instruction manuals are its people's bible which is both funny and sad at times. Nevertheless, watching it also induces nostalgia; the film reminds me of my early childhood where I used to have my own box of Legos. Maybe that's the reason why I was smiling and brimming with joy when I watch it. In short, the film spew nothing but awesomeness because it is that "one movie that has something for everyone".
  8. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and
    handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  9. Jul 29, 2014
    This is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you go watch... whatever that was...
  10. Jul 28, 2014
    Attention: This is not a kids movie!
    It does not matter if it is animation, "The LEGO Movie" succeeds in connecting with every member of the audience, regardless of age or origins. Through a really simple story, it manages to make some very strong points on many issues, from political propaganda to prosperity in life. Its allegories are more or less intelligent. "Awesome" action and fun
    won't disappoint children, but its unexpectedly deep meaning won't leave elders unsatisfied, too. There are flaws, especially some really uninspired comedy scenes, but it is a must-see, even if you feel too old for animation and LEGO. Expand
  11. Jul 26, 2014
    I loved, loved, loved this! It made me feel giddy with pleasure from beginning to end. Mindfryingly cool animation, phenomenal pacing and hilarious jokes boost it to somewhere near the top of my respective lists of favorite family films and best animated comedies of all time. I'm sure it will only be even more awesome upon (probably numerous) rewatches. Because: "Everything is ..." NO, I've GOT to stop that. Expand
  12. Jul 25, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es una película que contiene una buena incorporación de elementos al azar que cuando se mezclan, el resultado es una buena película de animación.
  13. Jul 21, 2014
    Despite the fact that it's characters and storyline are carefully derived from Pixar classics (not necessarily a bad thing), Lego is an extremely entertaining film with an infectiously playful attitude suitable for all ages (especially adults).
  14. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  15. Jul 17, 2014
    Quite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same time providing enough intelligence and an excellent message to satisfy older audiences. In a lot of ways it's the new Toy Story. It's the perfect family movie and an absolute must watch. Expand
  16. Jul 16, 2014
    While obviously intended for a younger audience, The Lego Movie offers something for everyone. As a 17-year old I was laughing out loud many times during this movie. This is what all family movies should be more like.
  17. Jul 15, 2014
    There are a few of movies that actually give me the chills by the end. This was one of them. The storyline was absolutely amazing, it was extremely comedic, and well made. Incredibly animated. This movie is awesome. :)
  18. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What we’ve got here is a fantastic film, which could genuinely be enjoyed by anyone. That might be an obvious thing to say, but The Lego Movie might be the closest we’ve come to the elusive story which explores realistic, down to earth problems while being completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And there are plenty of robots.

Ironically, for a film based on a lucrative product owned by a giant corporation, The Lego Movie appears to bite the hand that feeds it and actually deconstructs (here come the puns) the corporate world. Who cares if the film will probably make a killing in tie-in Lego sets and video games? At least they decided to tell a compelling and engaging story instead of just palming us off with a heartless cash-in or an overblown explosion-fest.

Similarly, it feels like it’s far too easy these days for film makers to knock out a bunch of cheap CGI movies every year, at the expense of the increasingly neglected but labour intensive art of stop-motion. It’s understandable why this route has been taken, and there are a few gems in the cascade, but outside of Pixar, CGI films are not something I routinely seek out.

Apparently 90% of The Lego Movie was CGI, and a little bit of stop motion, but apart from the facial expressions and fluid movements which would seriously push the limitations of a plastic Lego man, you could easily have convinced me that it was the other way around. Everything looks like it’s made from Lego, even the oceans and the explosions.

It’s both sobering to have reached a point where the two become almost indistinguishable and satisfying to see CGI being used to make a great film which works as both a satire of modern consumerism and an exploration of that age-old Lego dilemma: should one build according to the instructions, or just smash everything into a big pile and build whatever.

Our main man is Emmett (Chris Pratt), your generic Lego man, right down to his classic Lego smiley face. He’s a construction worker living in a huge Lego city, who has very few ideas of his own. He follows his instructions, smiles and waves to everyone he meets, pays through the nose for coffee on the way to work and does whatever the vaguely Orwellian government says is the right thing to do.

In a typical narrative fashion, events kick off after a chance encounter with funky punk girl Wildstyle (Elizabeth Banks) who is a member of the resistance. Emmett is dragged along for the ride and passes through the masquerade, leaving the regulated order of the big city and discovering the crazy and colourful potential of Lego in the world of the master builders, exiled lords of creative construction who believe Emmett to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force and end the days of instruction-based oppression. The trouble is he’s never had an original thought in his life.

The film is rounded out with a great cast of characters and some cracking cameos, both showcasing some solid vocal talent. The enemy and instigator of the repressive order is a suitably zany Will Ferrell hamming it up as the Lego universe’s ‘President Business’ who is assisted by the conflicted split-personality of his chief enforcer Good Cop/Bad Cop. voiced by Liam Neeson at his Irish tough guy best.

With a wry nod to his frequent typecasting, Morgan Freeman plays a wise old sage and among the cameos are Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s other movie of the moment, 22 Jump Street).

The film really embodies the spirit of Lego, and as such is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who’s ever encountered the stuff. Once they leave the city, the characters traverse the length and breadth of the Lego-verse, making their way through the many themes Lego has released over the years, providing settings as diverse as western, medieval and pirate.

There are some tender and serious moments, but most of it is a merciless but affectionate parody of whatever transpires, be it city life, epic destiny, overblown villainy or blockbuster action. Everything’s funny and a little wacky, riding easily and successfully on the inherent humour that comes with having everything made out of Lego.

There are even nods to unpopular, ill-conceived, or just plain random Lego themes, and references small and large to various other franchise tie-ins (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superheroes, etc.) showcasing the kind of mad-cap crossovers you can cook up when you have the licence. By this token, Batman himself (Will Arnett) along with a character from the classic 1980s Space theme (Charlie Day) are major players in the plot.

The ending, which I won’t spoil, does get a little schmaltzy, but it’s forgivable. Otherwise, nothing disappoints, and everything one might want or expect from a Lego movie is delivered in spades. Oh yes, and I managed to get through an entire review of this film without using the word ‘awesome’. Dang. Good soundtrack, though.
  19. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  20. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This
    helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  21. Jul 7, 2014
    When i first heard of this movie, i thought it was no more than an excuse to make money from a famous brand. I couldn't be more wrong.

The animation is super cool, the script and dialogue are amazingly funny and clever (i often laughed to the point of tears), and the voice acting did the script justice, particularly that of Will Arnett (as Batman), Nick Offerman (as Metal Beard), and
    Morgan Freeman (as Vitruvius). Even the theme song is great; it really sticks in one's head and makes you feel like you wanna sing along.

Not only is it hilarious, it actually has something to say and can be quite moving in some parts. This is a joyful film about believing in yourself, a critique of modern society, and a heartwarming tribute to human creativity.

It will definitely go down as one of the best movies this ear, if not the best.
  22. Jul 5, 2014
    Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
  23. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WOW! Amazing movie, 'The LEGO Movie' is one of the biggest surprises of this year.
    I need to confess that when this movie was announced, I think in a biggest disaster, but when the first reviews appeared I start to think positive about 'The LEGO Movie', and finally when I watch the movie, WOW, I left satisfied, because the result is spectacular.
    The story is very smart, has elements that make it attractive for children an adults, but the little problem is that at times is boring.
    The music is really awesome, the main theme, ''Everything is Awesome'', wow, so addictive hahaha. And the most impressive part of this movie is the animation, create all the film (or the 99% part of the movie) with legos, AMAZING.
    All the characters, the story, the music, the development of the trama and the characters, the animation, the script, and the cameos make this a great movie.
  24. Jun 26, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most pleasant surprises of the year. What's just fantastic is that during 100 minutes, it unfolds an entire fictional universe without feeling rushed or leaving anything out of it AND it has time for sweet character moments, cool twists and funny meta-jokes. Everything in it really is awesome.
  25. Jun 26, 2014
    I had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling it all I'll just saw that it's heart warming but also carries an incredible message that sits well in todays society of busy bodies and distant families. Typically I don't enjoy many animated movies outside of the Pixar universe yet The Lego Movie managed to be one of the best movies I've seen in the last year. Kids will love it, but adults that can appreciate light-hearted humor (and the occasional more mature joke that geos over the heads of children) will love this movie just as much. Expand
  26. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the best PG movies of 2014. And MORGAN FREEMAN IS IN IT. The animation is nice and they try to include a lot of humor too. Most young children will probably really enjoy it.
  27. Jun 23, 2014
    The bright colors and action will make kids happy. However this works just as well for adults with a smart storyline and clever jokes. It's pure genius
  28. Jun 23, 2014
    It's just LEGO, everything related with Lego is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome!( i wrote it so as to fill the characters).
  29. Jun 14, 2014
    I am actually surprised that many people were bored by this movie. I found it quite entertaining and cute, with the kind of theme and plot to be expected from a movie made by LEGO ®. The characters were adorable and oozed inner strength. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for an entertaining and funny family film.
  30. Jun 9, 2014
    Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details you find on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream (Wooo) 3, 2, 1. Go Have you seen the film, everyone's talking The film is good 'cause everything's awesome Emmet is the 'chosen one', no, he's not voiced by Daniel Radcliffe No screen time for the boy wizard It feels more awesome than an awesome Pixar movie Dip my body in pizza toppings Three years later, wash off the tomato Smellin' like a margherita pizza, everything is awesome LEGO Milhouse appears, has no spoken lines But it's awesome to see him, and it's awesome to love it (it's awesome to love it) Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details as on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream LEGO-ized blue skies, Superman flies We just named two awesome things Batman arrives, plus plenty of other LEGO-ized things You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING! Dumbledore on helium, double decker couch, a song which repeats itself Glue stick weapons, a cracked helmet on a Spaceman minifigure Awesome parts of the LEGO Movie The writing ,voice-acting, Abraham Lincoln They're awesome Animation, live-action, and Will Ferrell They're awesome The ending, and music, and William Shakespeare That's awesome Everything you see, or hear, or miss Is awesome Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Expand

1. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.
  3. Reviewed by: Mike McCahill