8.2

1. chw
    Jul 22, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a really good movie. It's got to be the best animated film that isn't made by Disney Animated Studios or Pixar Studios, considering you'd think the story was for a Pixar movie.
  2. Jun 30, 2015
    Whilst visually stunning, the choice of voice actors truly add to the humour and are perfect choices, particularly Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell. Every person who has watched this film has never forgotten the sweet yet ingenious lyrics to "Everything is AWESOME!!". Easy for kids to understand and great nostalgia for older Lego fans, The LEGO Movie has a safe spot on my topWhilst visually stunning, the choice of voice actors truly add to the humour and are perfect choices, particularly Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell. Every person who has watched this film has never forgotten the sweet yet ingenious lyrics to "Everything is AWESOME!!". Easy for kids to understand and great nostalgia for older Lego fans, The LEGO Movie has a safe spot on my top 10 of 2014. Expand
  3. Jun 23, 2015
    I didn't see this movie, but it seems like it would be great fun! I have three kids, so they will likely enjoy it as well. I guess I'll have to watch it online, as it's no longer in the theaters.
  4. Jun 11, 2015
    Everything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constantEverything is awesome. Who would have thought a film about LEGO could bring so much joy, heart and tension to the big screen. The LEGO Movie is engaging from the very off, taking us on a fun adventure like never before. Until somehow or another, a film about LEGO characters turns into something extremely dark and meaningful. The film engages people of all ages through the constant throwbacks to pop-culture icons. All in all, watching The LEGO Movie will be one of the most fun movie experiences you’ve ever had. Expand
  5. May 28, 2015
    I absolutely loved The Lego Movie! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire and things like that which was so creative. I also love how the animation is shown to look like it's stop motion which was very unique and I actually preferI absolutely loved The Lego Movie! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire and things like that which was so creative. I also love how the animation is shown to look like it's stop motion which was very unique and I actually prefer how the animations shows those limitations with how Lego Mini Figures move over how they smoothly move in like a cut-scene of a Traveler's Tales Lego game. I also love the characters in this movie and the cameos they make, it was so fun seeing different Lego properties come together in this movie. The plot does have some simplicity to it, but it's still a fun plot and is actually not to be taken that seriously, but in a good way. Overall, I loved The Lego Movie. I remember seeing trailers and stuff for this movie back in late 2013 and at most expecting this film to be just good like nothing special but nothing too bad, but I barely expected to fall in love with this film. This film's amazing and one of my favorite films of the year. Go see this movie, this film is excellent, it has some big laughs and it's a whole lot of fun and I think anyone can enjoy this film whether they are a kid or even an adult! Expand
  6. May 27, 2015
    Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message,Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message, laughs for everyone, and a catchy awesome song. An awesome must see and one of the best animated movies not by Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks.

P.S. Epic Lloyd and Nice Peter made an even awesome parody of the main theme in Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for "The Lego Commercial", check out the video on YouTube!
  7. May 27, 2015
    A fairly lukewarm film, with a very slow and dull second half and a fairly amusing second half. The second half is good but not worth the slog that is the first half in my opinion. No on my rewatch list.
  8. May 8, 2015
    If ever there was a movie that defined "surprise hit" this is it. Never in a million years did I think I was going to like this. Yet I did.

Great animation, or stop motion, whatever. Great voice acting. Fun plot and pretty funny humor. However, I did feel the pacing was off and very inconsistent. Dragging, then suddenly jumping forward, then dragging again. Stop, go, stop, go. This

However, I did feel the pacing was off and very inconsistent. Dragging, then suddenly jumping forward, then dragging again. Stop, go, stop, go. This pacing style did kinda disrupt many of the jokes, not letting them sink in or get overshadowed by the next thing happening.

Overall:
    The LEGO movie is a ton of fun. Even with its minor flaws I thoroughly enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
  9. May 3, 2015
    @JonDoc
    it was cgi. Look it up. the just made it look like stop motion. next time you rant on a movie, make sure you dont make that mistake or your gonna have a bad time
  10. Apr 28, 2015
    I am so surprised this movie didn't get nominated for best animated feature film, because it should've. The colorful animation and great voice acting should've won this movie that award for sure. 9/10 (Awesome)
  11. Apr 20, 2015
    This movie was just plain awesome! The animation was top-notch, it had a fantastic cast of characters, and it's just so flipping funny! This movie just wants me to play with legos again and this has to be one of my favorite animated movies ever!
  12. Apr 5, 2015
    It's LEGO® itself: it shows vivid and creatively the meaning of it for both adults and children; it is a little overrated but the 8 goes for the great representation and meaning of the brand LEGO® it offers. Great movie.
  13. Mar 15, 2015
    I thought this movie started out great...and then the major story-line kicked in. It's not bad, but it did get a little formulaic and maybe...just a little too flat.

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation. 'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including

But I digress, here's the FULL explanation.

'The LEGO Movie' focuses on an ordinary builder named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who lives an everyday life; following the routine of how to have a good day including watching a TV show with one, repetitive joke and buying expensive coffee, and singing a very infectious (if not, overplayed) song "Everything is Awesome".

I thought the movie started out fantastically with the sarcastic and repetitive jokes, Pratt proves that he can be funny just by vocal performance. The main mission starts when he meets a girl named Wild Style (Elizabeth Banks), who tells him that they need to find a "master builder" and find the Piece of Resistance.

There are some funny and colorful characters in the movie, my favorite one being Good Cop, Bad Cop (voiced by Liam Neeson), who often switches between his positive personality or his aggressive one. The main villain is Lord Business (Will Ferrell) who plans to use a thing called the "Kragle" to stop the citizens' freedom of building what they desire. The "Kragle" is some sort of glue that will obviously permanently stick the Lego's to the point of no freedom.

Another few funny characters are the ones from the DC Universe, you have; Batman (Will Arnett), Superman (Channing Tatum) and the funniest one being Green Lantern (Jonah Hill), whose camp personality must be Warner Bros Studio's way of saying how bad the 2011 film must be. It's nice to see that even they can take a joke.

I could go on and on about what's so great about the movie, but it's all there, you know why YOU loved it, I'm pretty much on the same wagon.

But I do have a few issues...after half way through the second act, the movie did get a little pacey for something that's only 96 minutes long, I did get a little distracted by other things. The jokes did start to run dry after the serious story kicked in, and...honestly...I do think that 96% on Rotten Tomatoes is pushing it a little for a film that's basically nothing but gimmicks.

However, the stop-motion animation is superb, Lego has been a part of my childhood like everybody else's and, overall, this is fun to watch. It's not the kind of movie I would rave about though, if I met somebody who says "I have never seen 'The LEGO Movie'", my reaction wouldn't be "WHAT?! You've NEVER seen 'The LEGO Movie'? You HAVE to watch it!", because, it's not exactly the kind of must-see movie out there.

I don;t think this movie is on par with 'Wreck-It Ralph' (2012), a movie I absolutely adore, but, like I said, it's worth watching at least once. That's why I give it a solid 8 out of 10.
  14. Mar 5, 2015
    This is the best animated movie since Toy Story 3. The jokes, the writing, the message, the production, basically every scene is awesome in this movie !
    Must watch movie !!!
  15. Feb 27, 2015
    Horrible. One of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen. The animation was a huge headache, lame characters, and boring action. The slow motion animation was not as i expected, and too many characters. This felt like I've just watch a very long episode on a show other than a movie. And i would just put a 1 or 2 if it wasn't with the live action seen, and the "where is my pants?"Horrible. One of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen. The animation was a huge headache, lame characters, and boring action. The slow motion animation was not as i expected, and too many characters. This felt like I've just watch a very long episode on a show other than a movie. And i would just put a 1 or 2 if it wasn't with the live action seen, and the "where is my pants?" thing got very old. The jokes were very weak, and very lame. I didn't hear my family laugh ones and my brother walked into his room because of how bored he was. And my sister was mad that they put the live action seen. This movie is awful. I don't know why people say it "The Best Movie Of The Year". I just hope the second one is better, because this movie went very poorly. Disappointed. Expand
  16. Feb 19, 2015
    There hasn't been any movie, even in animation, which has the visual of The Lego Movie. Having one of a kind trait that everyone can relate to is a significant edge. It assembles the visual of CGI for stop motion feel, vigorous cast and truly entertaining script filled with pop culture references. The movie is as exciting as getting your first set of Lego.

Emmet (Chris Pratt) is a Lego

Emmet (Chris Pratt) is a Lego construction man, the run-of-the-mill ordinary one. He stumbles across a mysterious piece after his work day is over. What comes is the heroic journey where he gathers friend to overthrown the nasty antagonist. This simple premise is used with very satirical tone, and also unexpectedly deep narrative. The movie doesn’t dwell too seriously on already known formula, it administers them with unusually fresh variety. It delivers an underlying message that resonates not only to children, but also all ages.

Cast is simply wonderful. Everyone has their own distinguish over-the-top flair. The characters are representation of pop culture, from Batman, Morgan Freeman’s prophetic Vitruvius to Liam Neeson's no nonsense Bad Cop. Glued by an amazingly witty script and lightning fast pace, the movie tirelessly delivers spot-on jokes, crazy one-liner in addition to surprisingly tender moments. The humor is sharp as well as cynical, they churn out humorous banter in nearly every conversations.

Graphic is nicely done, nowadays film animations have their own different lively styles. However, The Lego Movie utilizes familiarity of its brand to the audience. It's compelling to see the minute details they put in, creative design such as the spaceship parts or the waves of ocean that imaginatively engaging, even if some looks simplistic. These features also contribute naturally on its many inside jokes.

The Lego Movie embodies the spirit of the toy, it's fun, ageless and offers delightful experience.
  17. Feb 18, 2015
    An extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoysAn extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoys whip-smart comedy and brilliant fast-paced action. Expand
  18. Jan 25, 2015
    Entertaining from start to finish despite not being my cup of tea. It is really impressive what they accomplished using Lego, brilliant. The song is very catchy and overall the movie is very creative. It´s one of those which obviously don´t have emotional depth and do not stay with you for a while. But in this case it does not make it less impressive. I cannot give it more than a 7 though.Entertaining from start to finish despite not being my cup of tea. It is really impressive what they accomplished using Lego, brilliant. The song is very catchy and overall the movie is very creative. It´s one of those which obviously don´t have emotional depth and do not stay with you for a while. But in this case it does not make it less impressive. I cannot give it more than a 7 though. It is not like it is a masterpiece. Expand
  19. Jan 23, 2015
    while this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutterwhile this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutter characters and cookie cutter story. this one said screw that ill do my own thing. its not perfect, most flaws people point out are valid. but any one who gives this below a 7 is not being honest. this is one great family movie. and i cant wait to watch it again. Expand
  20. Jan 19, 2015
    This movie consists on one pop culture reference after another. Not clever, amusing pop culture references like in Toy Story, just boring dialogue that references other movies.

Excellent animation of course, all those millions pretty much guarantees that.

Movies like this make me realize why I rarely watch Hollywood movies anymore. All glitz and no substance.
  21. Jan 18, 2015
    I had fun watching this movie. I do think it's a little overrated when talking about being a comedy, but it was charming and very creative. Also, the effects were top notch and I kinda wish I had seen the film in 3D.
  22. Lyn
    Jan 16, 2015
    Can anyone remember when animated films were engaging and funny and touching based on the stories and characters, and not because all the characters were voiced by movie stars? I wonder if such a film will ever be made again. Like most these days, this one relies heavily on viewers' fondness for young hottie Chris Pratt, stalwart Morgan Freeman, and gosh, Will Ferrell who's such aCan anyone remember when animated films were engaging and funny and touching based on the stories and characters, and not because all the characters were voiced by movie stars? I wonder if such a film will ever be made again. Like most these days, this one relies heavily on viewers' fondness for young hottie Chris Pratt, stalwart Morgan Freeman, and gosh, Will Ferrell who's such a hilarious Anchorman! The pop culture references were mildly catchy without being particularly witty. The visuals were manic yet (naturally) rather flat, although fun if you have a fondness for Legos. Overall, "The Little Mermaid" looks like "Casablanca" by comparison. Expand
  23. Jan 13, 2015
    The Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid wouldThe Lego Movie is a very funny, imaginative and entertaining film. With Batman, Superman, Gandalf, Shakespeare, and a lot of other famous people, I guarantee that you are going to laugh. It has very eccentric characters, and the fact that everything is actually built out of legos is very cool, and it’s going to impress you many times. It’s very well directed and written and any kid would love to go to see this at the cinema. I didn’t like, though, the scenes in the real world, but besides that, this is a children’s must-see. Expand
  24. Jan 9, 2015
    One of my most favorite kids movie, surprisingly more than my mom, and entertained me a lot because of the lego settings, and waas probally the best movie of 2014. Also the stop motion animation with legos was top notch, and was the quickest movie to get started 10/10.
  25. Jan 8, 2015
    Wow. This was way better than I was expecting. The animation was stunning, the whole thing, from the screenplay to the action, was full of invention and creativity, and it's actually pretty profound and original to boot. I loved the characters. They're funny, very well voiced, and overall, endearing. There's never a dull moment either. The beautifully animated action is often bothWow. This was way better than I was expecting. The animation was stunning, the whole thing, from the screenplay to the action, was full of invention and creativity, and it's actually pretty profound and original to boot. I loved the characters. They're funny, very well voiced, and overall, endearing. There's never a dull moment either. The beautifully animated action is often both witty and exciting at the same time. The ending, believe it or not, is extremely meta. It's actually as deep a meditation on the human imagination, alternate realities, and separate universes as anything you can find in The Matrix, Inception, or Interstellar. It's actually quite ambiguous too. There are quite a few possible explanations for what was actually happening, and I'm sure you'll have them bounding around through your head once you see it. This is as good as animated movies get and one of the best films of 2014 from any genre. Expand
  26. Jan 6, 2015
    Awesomeness incarnate. Very well done movie, from the plot and direction to the visualization of it all. Talk about bringing Lego to life! 10/10 would watch again. Already have watched again, actually.
  27. Jan 3, 2015
    Visualmente fascinante, para quem gosta ou não da franquia LEGO, a Warner Animation acertou ao fazer uma animação que vai virar uma franquia! Eu recomendo!!
  28. Dec 30, 2014
    This was one of the biggest surprises of 2014 I went into this movie planning to hate it for being a load of commercialised rubbish and what i got was a cleaver ,well acted, imaginative film. the animation is great using the actual lego to great effect and the humour is written very well
  29. Dec 29, 2014
    While the movie doesn't bring anything new to the table, The LEGO Movie is a really fun adventure for all ages, containing some absolutely hilarious moments, some magnificent animation, and surprisingly exciting action scenes. This was a really big surprise for me.
  30. Dec 22, 2014
    The movie was just plain horrible,Never in my life did I gave a 0 out of 10 rating for an animated movie.And as an animation fan,I was at most points of my life,disturbed at how bad is this movie.

Okay,we started with a plot of,cliches,cliches,cliches.Then with too many cliches that this movie makes it even more terrible to the extend of being terrible.The redeeming part is the 30 minutes live action sequence that should make it disqualified for every major animation awards,which I wish so,because this movie was just plain bad,comparable to what the damm critics said,but overall it is just plain bad that it makes a movie seems like a pitched 1 hour animated cartoon pilot.

Also the characters are just plain annoying like hell,even the themes was terribly horrible and also the music score and composition feels too repetitive at times.Also a credit for this movie for having one of the worst voice acting in animation history that makes me sick to my brain and also for having one of the worst presentation overall as well.Heck yes,even the animation was really very cheapskate and also it song Everything is Awesome was one of the worst songs of all time,to the point that it makes Let It Go or Happy a much better song than ever.And honestly,the saddest part is that most of the actors who are those of the well great ones ,say Will Ferrell,Morgan Freeman and Elizabeth Banks,looks like they are impersonating themselves instead of staying with the flow.And didn't I tell you that Ermett and Unikitty were both annoying characters and the rest is without any character relations at all.And yes,the jokes were lame and it is always running badly as the movie does.

Okay,this review is getting to much.

Honestly,this is the WORST animated film I've seen completely in my life.So worse that it even makes wore shows like Shark Tale,or Chicken Little seems like it is a master piece.Worst that it makes Legoland so bad in which that place is actually heck better than the movie.Worst that it makes a lot of better movies in the past like the Toy Story Trilogy,The Incredibles or Ghostbusters or many more feels stupid.So worse that it even makes better movies like How To Train your Dragon 2 or Big Hero 6 feels even more inferiorly stupid.Forgive me,but critics,this is an example of how to create a bad movie,a movie with no heart of the story and a movie of nothing but repetitive cliches.This movie should also never win an Oscar or a Golden Globes or a Critics Choice Awards or an Annie Award with such a bad scriptwriting from the same people who created a mess of Cloudy and A Chance of Meatballs and from a company that created a trainwreck of Happy Feet.Think about that,even one of the worst reviewed animated flim of this year Mr Peabody and Sherman holds well with the heart of the story ,the voice acting ,some interesting characters that you wish to know more about them, and also the animation that helps it to stand out from it .Hah,that was even heck better than this stupid **** of Lego "movie'.Lego ,shame on you,my brother even got so furious of you because of your stupid movie ,to the more heartbreaking extent that he is a fan of Lego for a long time and even my mom and I who grow up with Lego disowned it and also here everyone I know,especially my dad and my friends hated it,hated this movieThere is too much of horrid product placement too that makes Foodfight even better as a movie.For critics,stop comparing this as the new Toy Story,compare this with Foodfight,that is even better to acknowledge these two pieces of **** combining together as one.

Overall,I am not happy with The Lego Movie. I'm just plain furious that I've spend a lot on a DVD which I hope I'll enjoy it as the critics do,but I ended up hating it .I just hope I'm not alone and frankly speaking I've never been visibly upset over such a movie like this and I've never felt a bad migrain after watching this paranoid movie totally.And seeing how many people and the critics praises it,it makes me really upset because I don't want movies like this to be acknowledge by those poor younger generation of people who are forced to see these crap,but movies like How To Train Your Dragon and Toy Story to be recognised by the next generation of kids.To all of the judges of the awards show,if you are reading this,please consider this review and let better deserving movies to win and also to everyone including the critics,please think before you write a review.Please,for the sake of my future generation.

My Rating:0 out of 10 stars.BEWARE!!!
  31. Dec 20, 2014
    Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!.

Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!.

Since the positive reviews The LEGO Movie has been getting, I watched it with a very high expectancy but still, it was way much better than I expected.One of the most brilliant, hilarious and creative animated films ever. Dan Lin and Roy Lee's super-smart, imaginative screenplay turned into the most entertaining yet critically successful film of the year in the hands of Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.Amazing voice-over performances especially by Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson.I haven't laughed and had fun like this for a while, Everything was Awesome!
  32. Dec 16, 2014
    The Lego Movie sucks. It's one of the worst animated films i ever seen.
    I don't understand even why it was nominated for Golden Globe.
    The story and films is not good. I really don't understand that horrible film.
    My rate is zero. I hope it not winning or nominated for Oscar and Golden Globe
  33. Dec 15, 2014
    The Lego Movie está llena de gastados clichés y de una historia más que vista, aunque el encantador elenco de voces y la maravillosa y excelente animación llegan a hacerla un poco divertida, pero puedo decir que es una película para niños.
  34. Dec 13, 2014
    The Lego Movie delivers a powerful idea through immaculate presentation. It constantly manages to include smart subtleties and clever ideas within a film that is so conceptually brilliant, it marks it's place in film history convincingly. The inclusion of many great characters is refreshing to see. The ending is remarkably touching, especially to the younger generation. It's an original,The Lego Movie delivers a powerful idea through immaculate presentation. It constantly manages to include smart subtleties and clever ideas within a film that is so conceptually brilliant, it marks it's place in film history convincingly. The inclusion of many great characters is refreshing to see. The ending is remarkably touching, especially to the younger generation. It's an original, touching adventure that is surely animation film of the year. Expand
  35. Nov 27, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than aThe LEGO Movie is without a doubt a fun time and one of the biggest surprises of the years. The self aware humor made me laugh out loud on multiple occasions. The cast is very great and we get amazing and fun new characters. But the movie turns from a fun movie to a great movie within the final thirty minutes. Please stay until the end of the movie where it turns into something more than a children's animation. Expand
  36. Nov 24, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a disappointment. It is a comedy-family film, but it don't have that extensive amount of humor that I expected to see.

Well, I got to admit that I was a bit disappointed when the movie ended. It’s not as fun or exiting as I thought it would be. Sure there are some hilarious scenes and the jokes are great, but it’s not enough. The LEGO Movie is in fact highly overrated. I imagined it very funny and exiting while seeing the trailer, but it’s not as great as it might appear. On the other hand are there a lot excitement and action that I totally enjoyed to see, and seeing Lego in action on the big screen is something every child must love, including me! The CGI in The LEGO Movie is one aspect that I truly love, and the film overall is very cool, but there are some slow and less interesting scenes. The “real” scenes in “our world” for example are very stupid and they should have skipped that. The ending could also been better, maybe more passionate and exiting.

The LEGO Movie is overall not as funny as I thought it would be, but the story and the characters are great!

The LEGO Movie gets a 6/10
  37. Nov 23, 2014
    The LEGO Movie es una película que contiene una buena incorporación de elementos al azar que cuando se mezclan, el resultado es una buena película de animación.
  38. Nov 17, 2014
    The LEGO Movie never quite reaches the heights of the very best animated movies but with its fantastic voice cast it makes for an entertaining, and often pretty funny, hour and a half for kids and adults alike.
  39. Nov 16, 2014
    Genuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message aboutGenuinely surprising - rather than having the movie to solely appeal to kids to sell Lego toys, the creators put genuine effort into crafting a delightful journey. THE LEGO MOVIE has gorgeous visuals, tons of rapid-fire jokes, and a story that is a delightful, gut-bustingly hilarious spoof of The Chosen One cliche (and other common tropes besides). Plus, there's a wonderful message about the importance of creativity woven beautifully through the movie. 100% recommended. Expand
  40. Nov 13, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Good: Hilarious and witty, The Lego Movie speaks to all ages. If you're a fan of Legos, you'll be treated to a long list of inside jokes that only a true fan would get. Even if you aren't, the one liners and action/comedy scenes are top notch. The ending, however, really makes the movie. An extremely creative idea. The Bad: Might
    "The Lego Movie" 10 Scale Rating: 8.0 (Great) ...

The Bad: Might go a little too far at times with the randomness and silliness. While non-Lego fans will still enjoy it, they will miss a large chunk of the humor.
  41. Nov 10, 2014
    With witty dialogue and unique stop motion visual effects, The LEGO Movie is a surprisingly smart and thought-provoking movie for not only children but adults too. Everything is awesome in this movie.
  42. Nov 8, 2014
    this movie is one of the best movies of the year the best part was bad cop he was like i will give you water thank you will to bad the 2nd might be bad cop
  43. Nov 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just likeThe LEGO Movie delivers in every facet exceeding all expectations with innovative animation, a fantastically diverse concept, an amazing script and the star-studded cast to voice it. With lighthearted comedy and underlying themes woven together this film appeals to all generations. A truly intelligent animated masterpiece that shows not only Pixar can create such lifelike worlds. Just like the addictive theme song of the movie suggests everything is awesome. Expand
  44. Oct 29, 2014
    Best animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movie is made of LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  45. Oct 20, 2014
    The Lego Movie starts at maximum intensity and never goes down from there. It's full of fast action, punch lines and stereotypes. I never got a chance to breathe and take it all in. I was dissappointed at the poor pacing. But everything is Lego, so the visuals and effects are cool.
  46. Oct 12, 2014
    "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" Including this movie and the Spaceship Guy.....Spaceship!..................................................................................................
  47. Sep 18, 2014
    In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can doIn my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand
  48. Sep 2, 2014
    The LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as TheThe LEGO Movie is a flat-out roller-coaster of laughs and fun for all. Frantically paced, filled with jokes, puns, and references to practically every Lego Theme ever made, featuring unique animation designed to look completely like a stop-go Lego film, it also manages to contain moving and relevant themes of inner strength, even if it doesn't match up in maturity to classics such as The Lion King. A must-see for children and all fans of those little plastic bricks. Expand
  49. Aug 26, 2014
    Great feel-good movie with a typical Hollywood-theme. I would recommend it to everyone because of the excellent story, but it's certainly a must-see for all LEGO-lovers and fans (young and old).
  50. Aug 21, 2014
    Very funny and interesting. I'm not a Lego freak but it was very exciting to watch a movie that takes place in the Lego Universe.
    On the disappointment part, the beginning made me expect a utopian story but the plot carried out more of a childish way and I didn't enjoy the ending as a result. Also I think use of some characters just because Lego has copyright agreement were unnecessary.
  51. Aug 19, 2014
    If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;) The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
  52. Aug 18, 2014
    This was way better than I expected. Early on in the film, I was scratching my head as to why it was so critically acclaimed. However, by the end, I was sold. It is funny, exciting, touching, inspirational, and way more than some children's movie or just some movie about toys. I loved the animation technique and the voice acting from everyone is great, in particular Will Arnett as Batman,This was way better than I expected. Early on in the film, I was scratching my head as to why it was so critically acclaimed. However, by the end, I was sold. It is funny, exciting, touching, inspirational, and way more than some children's movie or just some movie about toys. I loved the animation technique and the voice acting from everyone is great, in particular Will Arnett as Batman, who is hilarious. I like all the references to different elements from Lego and different elements of the characters they portray. It really added to the humor and made the ride all the more enjoyable. The whole Lego World they created here is marvelous and they truly brought it to life. It was like watching my imagination from childhood, but with things actually built correctly and alive. A truly magical experience, The Lego Movie works on nearly every level imaginable and is worthy of the praise it has received. Expand
  53. Aug 16, 2014
    This was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to getThis was a great kids movie that had humor throughout. Its humor also appealed to the older viewers as its mentions to pop culture were hilarious. The animation made it feel like that we were in a real stop motion lego world. I thought that all the voice performances were great as well. I didn't think the characters had too much depth, though, as it was kind of difficult to get attached to any of these lego pieces. Also, it felt like a commercial for lego at times. If the animation, vocal performances, and humor wasn't so good, this wouldn't be so forgivable. All in all, the good out weighs the bad in this really fun movie! Expand
  54. Aug 16, 2014
    Really good animation,good and popular voice actors and a good story the movie have everything we expected and more from a movie like this.I highly recommend it.
  55. Aug 16, 2014
    Awesome movie, everyone should see this if you're young or young at heart.
    Awesome movie, everyone should see this if you're young or young at heart.
    Liam Nesson did an awesome job, as did Will Ferrell. Morgan Freeman, Will Arnett and Chris Pratt all playing great roles. This movie has everything - action, peril, heartfelt conversations between father and son, and of course Legos! Although I was a lone adult when I watched it, I was laughing as loud as the kids at times. Sometimes the jokes will go over them, but adults will catch them if you pay attention.
    The animation team did a great job on this, you sometimes forget it's all done with Legos. Crazy good.
    In summary, worth a rent and buy it if you like it. I bought it to share laughs time and time again. Another quotable movie for kids and adults.
  56. Aug 6, 2014
    I wasn't expecting much. Just a family friendly movie to watch with my parents when we had nothing else to watch. Instead, I got one of the funniest movies i've seen in quite a while. References are in no short supply, and much to my surprise, are not just from kids shows. but more from age old shows and movies that not many kids will have seen. Star Wars, LoTR, all the super hero shows ofI wasn't expecting much. Just a family friendly movie to watch with my parents when we had nothing else to watch. Instead, I got one of the funniest movies i've seen in quite a while. References are in no short supply, and much to my surprise, are not just from kids shows. but more from age old shows and movies that not many kids will have seen. Star Wars, LoTR, all the super hero shows of the '70s. All done brilliantly, with amazing voice acting, Animation can be stiff at times, but really, your dealing with legos. C'mon. Anyway, I really didn't think that i'd enjoy it this much, and really, with most movies now a days being total **** this one is one of the better movies i've seen in a while. "Everything is awesome!" Expand
  57. Aug 5, 2014
    Funny Entertaining and amazingly animated The Lego Movie is great fun for all ages. Easily the best animated movie i have ever seen.

My ratting 8/10 9/10 for animation/action 8/10 for comedy 8/10 for story 7.6/10 for characters/character development 7.5/10 for acting/voice
  58. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the most recent animated feature I watch in a movie theatre and it is also one of the most creative film that I have ever watched. There is only one word to describe its plot, technique and art direction — phenomenal! Really, I am not kidding. Everything really is, awesome. They got me awestruck with all the pretty waters, fires, clouds and rainbows; a vibrant world constructed entirely with Legos and filled with interesting Lego Minifigures!

In addition to its lovely and immensely detailed world, The Lego Movie (2014) is quite entertaining to watch as there are plenty of hilarious gags, Lego humor and frank characters that always say what's on their mind without holding back. Strange but I am also enthralled with the way they portray totalitarian in Bricksburg, where instruction manuals are its people's bible which is both funny and sad at times. Nevertheless, watching it also induces nostalgia; the film reminds me of my early childhood where I used to have my own box of Legos. Maybe that's the reason why I was smiling and brimming with joy when I watch it. In short, the film spew nothing but awesomeness because it is that "one movie that has something for everyone".
  59. Jul 29, 2014
    If I;m gonna be honest, this movie was a little overrated. Yes, it was funny, yes, it was cute, yes, it was okay for the whole family, but overall, it just lacked the greatness I was expecting from the critics and the other uses.
  60. Jul 29, 2014
    This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

This movie can be summed up by it's song: "Everything is awesome".

ANYBODY who has ever bought, owned, or played with a LEGO set will find enjoyment with this movie, and those who haven't will still find a reason to like this movie. While it is full of references and jokes towards LEGO itself, it also includes the wider pop culture, along with a swarm of other movie franchises, and handles itself through quirkiness, wittiness, and plain cuteness. There is a variety of likable, identifiable, and familiar characters in this movie, voiced by well known names such as Liam Neeson, Morgan Freeman, and Will Ferrell. The overall message of this film is one that everybody can identify with, both children and adults alike, and it is definitely a great light heart escape for any cinema-goer.

Verdict: This is definitely something worth seeing, and it deserves a spot in your movie library.
  61. Jul 29, 2014
    This is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you go watch... whatever that was...
  62. Jul 28, 2014
    Attention: This is not a kids movie!
    Attention: This is not a kids movie!
    It does not matter if it is animation, "The LEGO Movie" succeeds in connecting with every member of the audience, regardless of age or origins. Through a really simple story, it manages to make some very strong points on many issues, from political propaganda to prosperity in life. Its allegories are more or less intelligent. "Awesome" action and fun won't disappoint children, but its unexpectedly deep meaning won't leave elders unsatisfied, too. There are flaws, especially some really uninspired comedy scenes, but it is a must-see, even if you feel too old for animation and LEGO.
  63. Jul 26, 2014
    I loved, loved, loved this! It made me feel giddy with pleasure from beginning to end. Mindfryingly cool animation, phenomenal pacing and hilarious jokes boost it to somewhere near the top of my respective lists of favorite family films and best animated comedies of all time. I'm sure it will only be even more awesome upon (probably numerous) rewatches. Because: "Everything is ..." NO,I loved, loved, loved this! It made me feel giddy with pleasure from beginning to end. Mindfryingly cool animation, phenomenal pacing and hilarious jokes boost it to somewhere near the top of my respective lists of favorite family films and best animated comedies of all time. I'm sure it will only be even more awesome upon (probably numerous) rewatches. Because: "Everything is ..." NO, I've GOT to stop that. Expand
  64. Jul 24, 2014
    Smart and funny, this film ticks all the right boxes. Great for children with a strong philosophical message to boot, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this film. So much stuff packed into each scene you can still be spotting things after several viewings.
  65. Jul 22, 2014
    The first lego movie i have ever watched and im very impressed, although of course it is aimed at children it certainly keeps adults attention throughout the whole film, its a decent story and a very funny movie. it also looks stunning on BR 8/10
  66. Jul 21, 2014
    Despite the fact that it's characters and storyline are carefully derived from Pixar classics (not necessarily a bad thing), Lego is an extremely entertaining film with an infectiously playful attitude suitable for all ages (especially adults).
  67. Jul 20, 2014
    Very overrated. For what it was it was fine, but there were many flaws. The story and most of the characters were not interesting. The animation hurt my eyes. It was funny however, which helped this movie a lot.
  68. Jul 19, 2014
    Una película que no te cansa, con muy buen ritmo, la animación es hermosa, es la mejor cosa hecha con legos que he visto, aunque ya acercandose al final comienza a colocarse un poco rara.
  69. Jul 17, 2014
    Quite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same timeQuite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same time providing enough intelligence and an excellent message to satisfy older audiences. In a lot of ways it's the new Toy Story. It's the perfect family movie and an absolute must watch. Expand
  70. Jul 16, 2014
    While obviously intended for a younger audience, The Lego Movie offers something for everyone. As a 17-year old I was laughing out loud many times during this movie. This is what all family movies should be more like.
  71. Jul 15, 2014
    There are a few of movies that actually give me the chills by the end. This was one of them. The storyline was absolutely amazing, it was extremely comedic, and well made. Incredibly animated. This movie is awesome. :)
  72. Jul 14, 2014
    Loud, colourful, brilliantly voice acted, and outrageously entertaining, The Lego Movie is a fantastic animation feature sure to please older generations as well.
  73. Jul 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What we’ve got here is a fantastic film, which could genuinely be enjoyed by anyone. That might be an obvious thing to say, but The Lego Movie might be the closest we’ve come to the elusive story which explores realistic, down to earth problems while being completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And there are plenty of robots.

Ironically, for a film based on a lucrative product owned by a giant corporation, The Lego Movie appears to bite the hand that feeds it and actually deconstructs (here come the puns) the corporate world. Who cares if the film will probably make a killing in tie-in Lego sets and video games? At least they decided to tell a compelling and engaging story instead of just palming us off with a heartless cash-in or an overblown explosion-fest.

Similarly, it feels like it’s far too easy these days for film makers to knock out a bunch of cheap CGI movies every year, at the expense of the increasingly neglected but labour intensive art of stop-motion. It’s understandable why this route has been taken, and there are a few gems in the cascade, but outside of Pixar, CGI films are not something I routinely seek out.

Apparently 90% of The Lego Movie was CGI, and a little bit of stop motion, but apart from the facial expressions and fluid movements which would seriously push the limitations of a plastic Lego man, you could easily have convinced me that it was the other way around. Everything looks like it’s made from Lego, even the oceans and the explosions.

It’s both sobering to have reached a point where the two become almost indistinguishable and satisfying to see CGI being used to make a great film which works as both a satire of modern consumerism and an exploration of that age-old Lego dilemma: should one build according to the instructions, or just smash everything into a big pile and build whatever.

Our main man is Emmett (Chris Pratt), your generic Lego man, right down to his classic Lego smiley face. He’s a construction worker living in a huge Lego city, who has very few ideas of his own. He follows his instructions, smiles and waves to everyone he meets, pays through the nose for coffee on the way to work and does whatever the vaguely Orwellian government says is the right thing to do.

In a typical narrative fashion, events kick off after a chance encounter with funky punk girl Wildstyle (Elizabeth Banks) who is a member of the resistance. Emmett is dragged along for the ride and passes through the masquerade, leaving the regulated order of the big city and discovering the crazy and colourful potential of Lego in the world of the master builders, exiled lords of creative construction who believe Emmett to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force and end the days of instruction-based oppression. The trouble is he’s never had an original thought in his life.

The film is rounded out with a great cast of characters and some cracking cameos, both showcasing some solid vocal talent. The enemy and instigator of the repressive order is a suitably zany Will Ferrell hamming it up as the Lego universe’s ‘President Business’ who is assisted by the conflicted split-personality of his chief enforcer Good Cop/Bad Cop. voiced by Liam Neeson at his Irish tough guy best.

With a wry nod to his frequent typecasting, Morgan Freeman plays a wise old sage and among the cameos are Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s other movie of the moment, 22 Jump Street).

The film really embodies the spirit of Lego, and as such is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who’s ever encountered the stuff. Once they leave the city, the characters traverse the length and breadth of the Lego-verse, making their way through the many themes Lego has released over the years, providing settings as diverse as western, medieval and pirate.

There are some tender and serious moments, but most of it is a merciless but affectionate parody of whatever transpires, be it city life, epic destiny, overblown villainy or blockbuster action. Everything’s funny and a little wacky, riding easily and successfully on the inherent humour that comes with having everything made out of Lego.

There are even nods to unpopular, ill-conceived, or just plain random Lego themes, and references small and large to various other franchise tie-ins (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superheroes, etc.) showcasing the kind of mad-cap crossovers you can cook up when you have the licence. By this token, Batman himself (Will Arnett) along with a character from the classic 1980s Space theme (Charlie Day) are major players in the plot.

The ending, which I won’t spoil, does get a little schmaltzy, but it’s forgivable. Otherwise, nothing disappoints, and everything one might want or expect from a Lego movie is delivered in spades. Oh yes, and I managed to get through an entire review of this film without using the word ‘awesome’. Dang. Good soundtrack, though.
  74. Jul 12, 2014
    The LEGO Movie does a great job of providing a unique and exciting story whilst gently mocking modern society and multiple super hero universes. With top notch voice acting and animation, the film never hits a low point and will make grown men chuckle throughout. Even as someone who has rarely touched Lego before, the movie had me engaged right up to the fantastic finale. Short, but sweet.
  75. Jul 9, 2014
    The Lego Movie revolves around the journey of Emmet finding who he is and helping the master builders to take down Lord Business and to save the world.

I thoroughly enjoyed this film since the whole concept was brilliantly thought out. The fact that the film knows that it is a toy is its main strength. It uses this so effectively throughout the film and especially towards the end. This helps the audience to engage and immerse themselves within the film due to a high population of people actually owning a Lego set at some point in their life. The voice acting of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Ferrel, Will Arnett and Liam Neeson all bring their characters to life with each one being gratifying to watch and hear from.

The only disappointment I saw was that I wanted to see more of the areas that the film could have explored. However this is only a small negativity that I can find personally.

In all no matter what your age you will be able to thoroughly enjoy the Lego movie. It appeals to not only children but to adults as well based on the fact that it is so highly engaging. The Lego Movie is a must see in any way possible.
  76. Jul 7, 2014
    When i first heard of this movie, i thought it was no more than an excuse to make money from a famous brand. I couldn't be more wrong.

The animation is super cool, the script and dialogue are amazingly funny and clever (i often laughed to the point of tears), and the voice acting did the script justice, particularly that of Will Arnett (as Batman), Nick Offerman (as Metal Beard), and Morgan Freeman (as Vitruvius). Even the theme song is great; it really sticks in one's head and makes you feel like you wanna sing along.

Not only is it hilarious, it actually has something to say and can be quite moving in some parts. This is a joyful film about believing in yourself, a critique of modern society, and a heartwarming tribute to human creativity.

It will definitely go down as one of the best movies this ear, if not the best.
  77. Jul 5, 2014
    Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
  78. Jul 4, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is a definite must-watch, because although it is a children's film, it can and it will surprise you. The animation style is really splendid and the sweet, humorous tone that the film sustains till the end is just awesome.
  79. Jun 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WOW! Amazing movie, 'The LEGO Movie' is one of the biggest surprises of this year.
    I need to confess that when this movie was announced, I think in a biggest disaster, but when the first reviews appeared I start to think positive about 'The LEGO Movie', and finally when I watch the movie, WOW, I left satisfied, because the result is spectacular.
    The story is very smart, has elements that make it attractive for children an adults, but the little problem is that at times is boring.
    The music is really awesome, the main theme, ''Everything is Awesome'', wow, so addictive hahaha. And the most impressive part of this movie is the animation, create all the film (or the 99% part of the movie) with legos, AMAZING.
    All the characters, the story, the music, the development of the trama and the characters, the animation, the script, and the cameos make this a great movie.
  80. Jun 26, 2014
    "The Lego Movie" is one of the most pleasant surprises of the year. What's just fantastic is that during 100 minutes, it unfolds an entire fictional universe without feeling rushed or leaving anything out of it AND it has time for sweet character moments, cool twists and funny meta-jokes. Everything in it really is awesome.
  81. Jun 26, 2014
    I had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling itI had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling it all I'll just saw that it's heart warming but also carries an incredible message that sits well in todays society of busy bodies and distant families. Typically I don't enjoy many animated movies outside of the Pixar universe yet The Lego Movie managed to be one of the best movies I've seen in the last year. Kids will love it, but adults that can appreciate light-hearted humor (and the occasional more mature joke that geos over the heads of children) will love this movie just as much. Expand
  82. Jun 26, 2014
    As visually exciting as it is, it becomes bogged down in cliche and plods on until its terrible finale, which really ruins it. Some good gags and plenty of cameos are enough to make it worthwhile, though kids in the cinema were as bored as I after thirty minutes. It's good but does not deserve all the hoopla.
  83. Jun 25, 2014
    Prior to watching this: I went to watch this film due to the many great reviews.
    Review:
    Pros: A rather smart story with clever animation using CGI Lego blocks. It has an interesting twist at the end that was good but wasn't great. Cons: The unique animation wore out quite quickly. I fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. By then, the story had gone into the usual
    Review:
    Cons: The unique animation wore out quite quickly. I fell asleep for about 10 minutes in the middle of the film. By then, the story had gone into the usual exercise of car chases and planes shooting at things. A bit too much may have been spoiled by the trailer.
    3/5 - Good enough to watch it for free on the TV only.
  84. Jun 24, 2014
    One of the best PG movies of 2014. And MORGAN FREEMAN IS IN IT. The animation is nice and they try to include a lot of humor too. Most young children will probably really enjoy it.
  85. Jun 24, 2014
    This movie is great with so much positive things but it has two big problems that make my score get a little bit low but here's why:
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    _The score was awful to hear i was expecting something more great but the song 'Everything is awesome' is terrible and lazely chosen. But otherwise is good like the characters , the
    -The jokes are poor and weak which makes the movie not funny at all
    is terrible and lazely chosen.

But otherwise is good like the characters , the story,the voice acting, and more other.

Good movie i recommended
  86. Jun 23, 2014
    The bright colors and action will make kids happy. However this works just as well for adults with a smart storyline and clever jokes. It's pure genius
  87. Jun 23, 2014
    It's just LEGO, everything related with Lego is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome!( i wrote it so as to fill the characters).
  88. Jun 18, 2014
    "MasterBuilders spend years training themselves to clear their minds enough to have even a fleeting glimpse of The Man Upstairs and yet, your mind is already so prodigiously empty that there is nothing in it to clear away in the first place. With proper training you could become a great MasterBuilder."

It's strange when a movie that comes out in the beginning of the year does so well at both the box office and with critical reception but The Lego Movie absolutely blows both of those out of the water. Now seeing that both Chris Miller and Phil Lord wrote/directed this movie i think they might be my new favorite comedy directors as i have loved their last three movies those being This, and both 21 and 22 Jump Street. The 3D Animation is amazing yet still retro with how it looks like its stop motion, this is most noticeable when you see the waves in the blocky ocean. The Lego movie is a fast paced, action packed, thrill ride, loaded with an abundance of humor, and an amazing set of actors lending their voices to many, many Lego characters.

Our story follow a normal construction worker named Emmet Brickowski (Chris Pratt) from the town of Bricksburg owned by Lord Business (Will Ferrell). Emmet is just your everyday normal do it by the instructions guy and while after work hours one night he notices someone looking around for something on the work site as he is about to call the police they take their hood off and Emmet notices that its a really hot woman. Emmet is struck with awe and cannot even complete his sentence just then she happens to run away and Emmet starts to run after her but falls into a hole and finds the "Piece of Resistance". After touching it Emmet receives a crazy vision and passes out, he awakens with the piece of resistance stuck on his back and in the custody of Lord Business lieutenant Bad Cop (Liam Neeson) this is where he learns the plans of Lord Business to cover the entire world in Kragle which happens to turn out to be a tube of Krazy Glue with some of the letters scratched out.

Just as they are about to take the Piece of Resistance a mystery person shows up and saves Emmet which we soon find out happens to be the same woman person Emmet saw at this work, she says her name is Wyldstyle (Elizabeth Banks) and she goes on to tell Emmet that he is the most special, and most important person in all the world. Of course Emmet is still struck with how beautiful she is just agrees to everything she says in which we later find out everything she thought about him turns out to be wrong. Now we have our movie where we see Emmet go from a normal guy to being the savior of The Lego Universe with the help of his friends of course. We see The Lego Universe comes to life when are introduced to other Lego lands like The Old West, Pirate's Cove, Vikings Landing and my absolute favorite Middle Zealand. A big reason to why this movie was so awesome is all the cameo's the movie has like Shaquille O'Neal as his Lego self, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard, Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill as Superman and Green Lantern, also the tons of characters that didn't get a voice but just a cameo, and it was finally great to see Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman even if it was just her voice acting because she was the actress back in 2005 on Joss Whedon's short list for his now scrapped Wonder Woman project.

My only problem with the movie was the ending and that it brings in real life and real life drama into the movie which honestly wasn't needed to make its point. Even though the ending was my least favorite part it had my most favorite scene, where Emmet is talking to Lord Business about him not having to be a bad person anymore. Now i see people saying Will Arnett as Batman was the best character from the movie and sure he was great but personally i laughed harder with Benny (Charlie Day) especially at the spaceship part. SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!! SPACESHIP!!!!!!

Overall i give it a 8.5 I seriously can't wait for the Ninjago spin-off movie in 2016 and The Lego Movie sequel in 2017
  89. Jun 17, 2014
    this film has nice animation but has way to many fast paced scenes and the live action part is confusing I recommend renting it not buying it did any of you know about the minecraft movie coming out in 2017
  90. Jun 17, 2014
    3D animation is a new thing in the cinema world. Just the two decades old technology, which started with 'Toy Story'. So as it is young, filmmakers utilizing it very awesomely to create great stuffs. So far we had seen the many wonders of classical tales such as 'Tangled', 'Frozen' et cetera, as well based on the modern subjects like, 'Cars', 'Turbo' et cetera. Here it comes one more movie3D animation is a new thing in the cinema world. Just the two decades old technology, which started with 'Toy Story'. So as it is young, filmmakers utilizing it very awesomely to create great stuffs. So far we had seen the many wonders of classical tales such as 'Tangled', 'Frozen' et cetera, as well based on the modern subjects like, 'Cars', 'Turbo' et cetera. Here it comes one more movie that specially made referring gaming object like the recent one 'Wreck-It-Ralp'.

I loved 'Wreck-It-Ralp', but the fact is that I was not in favour of this movie. Expected it gonna bomb at the box office, then surprised me with the result and made very curious. I knew characters in the form of Lego bricks are easy to animate, we can say just like the stop-motion animation, but it won't give smooth pleasurable flow. That truly bothered me over this movie. Once I began to watch within a few minutes I got adjusted with it so comfortable and enjoyed completely.

The story of an ordinary construction worker, Emmet and his unexpected journey towards saving the world. He was accompanied by the great fighters and warriors and superheroes. He has to find the secret plan of villainous leader who controls the land of Lego and must defeat him. To know that you must watch the movie.

It is a nice movie, though the story is not fresh. Kind of spoof which imitates recent past movies like 'The Lord of the Rings', Chris Nolan's Batman movie and many others. Especially all the famous characters from various movies had the cameos. It was so fun having them together in one place. So it is not the story, but the way of story telling was so innovative and modern and that showed this movie to the gate of success.

I remember I had the best time building something with these Lego bricks in my childhood. All those memories came alive after watching this just like I remembered during 'Wreck-It-Ralp'. It is such a cute movie with fun characters. A smart movie for all age group. I am very much sure it will be one the strongest contender for the next edition of the Oscar ceremony. At present I am not seeing any other equally good ones so who know it may win, but have to wait for another 6 months to know that.
  91. Jun 14, 2014
    I am actually surprised that many people were bored by this movie. I found it quite entertaining and cute, with the kind of theme and plot to be expected from a movie made by LEGO ®. The characters were adorable and oozed inner strength. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for an entertaining and funny family film.
  92. Jun 9, 2014
    The stop motion animation got stale quickly. The jokes were so-so and the plot/dialogue was a huge waste of the greatly talented actors voicing the characters. Very disappointed with this movie.
  93. Jun 9, 2014
    Everything is cool when you watch this movie
    Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream Everything is better when it's in LEGO Sat in cinema, you and I gonna remember this movie forever, it'll become a classic forever Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details you find on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed

Everything is better when it's in LEGO

(Wooo)
    3, 2, 1. Go

Have you seen the film, everyone's talking
    The film is good 'cause everything's awesome
    Emmet is the 'chosen one', no, he's not voiced by Daniel Radcliffe
    No screen time for the boy wizard

It feels more awesome than an awesome Pixar movie
    Dip my body in pizza toppings
    Three years later, wash off the tomato
    Smellin' like a margherita pizza, everything is awesome
    LEGO Milhouse appears, has no spoken lines
    But it's awesome to see him, and it's awesome to love it (it's awesome to love it)

Everything is better when it's in LEGO
    Everything's the same, LEGO like in real life, The same details as on real life LEGO, Everything is extremely detailed

LEGO-ized blue skies, Superman flies
    We just named two awesome things
    Batman arrives, plus plenty of other LEGO-ized things
    You know what's awesome? EVERYTHING!

Dumbledore on helium, double decker couch, a song which repeats itself
    Glue stick weapons, a cracked helmet on a Spaceman minifigure
    Awesome parts of the LEGO Movie

The writing ,voice-acting, Abraham Lincoln
    They're awesome
    Animation, live-action, and Will Ferrell
    They're awesome
    The ending, and music, and William Shakespeare
    That's awesome
    Everything you see, or hear, or miss
    Is awesome Everything is awesome Everything is cool when you watch this movie Everything is awesome, when you're watching the LEGO dream
  94. Jun 4, 2014
    I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman,I took my 3 year old along not knowing if he would stay interested the entire time but decided to give it a try. I was glad I did, not only did it have adult humor but it was also enough to keep my 3 year old interested. It takes place in a world where everything is LEGO. Its action-packed with humor and has some of the most popular characters in it (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, ect.) It is not really violent and I believe it gave off a positive message to younger kids. My family can’t wait for it to come out on DVD, I already pre-ordered it. Expand
  95. Jun 1, 2014
    i have only one word to say about this film: AWESOME!!
    awesome story, awesome jokes, awesome actors, and awesome visuals and animation, this film is easily one of the year's best. trust me, once you're done watching this film, all you'll say is: "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!"
  96. May 31, 2014
    Do not get this movie I regret spending 7$ renting it I would have paid 14$ not to watch it it is very childish and my kid did not find it funny at all. At all. Me even less it was so predictable and it almost matched the report my 8 year old child handed in for English DO NOT GET OR EVEN WATCH IF YOU CAN GET IT FOR FREE.
  97. May 31, 2014
    Everything is awesome! Great animated movie is more than a 'commercial' for the LEGO line of toys but a celebration of creativity and inner childhood. Animated using a combination of Stop motion and CGI, it takes a while to get used to..but otherwise it's great entertainment for the family.
  98. May 30, 2014
    I have been waiting ever science i played with lego when i was 4 years old and now that it is here and....IT IS AWESOME (if you seen the movie you know what I mean) It has a good story a good cast and its cool
  99. May 30, 2014
    Nice. No more. A little disappointing but pleasant movie (thanks to the many LEGO cameos well used). It is only the first film, a good basis for the next LEGO movies which will must do better.
  100. May 30, 2014
    The Lego movie was a movie I was particularly excited to watch because of its instant fame and popularity. Thankfully, Warner Bros pictures did not fail in producing a spectacular movie. The only impediment was I had to constantly pause the movie (I watched it at home) to grasp what was happening in the story. At some points, we were exposed to so much information it was a bitThe Lego movie was a movie I was particularly excited to watch because of its instant fame and popularity. Thankfully, Warner Bros pictures did not fail in producing a spectacular movie. The only impediment was I had to constantly pause the movie (I watched it at home) to grasp what was happening in the story. At some points, we were exposed to so much information it was a bit overwhelming. Here is my conclusion:
    Characters: 5/5
    Plot: 3.5/5
    Animation (graphics): 5/5
    Humour: 5/5

1. Reviewed by: Dana Stevens
    Dec 15, 2014
    A clever, vividly imagined, consistently funny, eye-poppingly pretty and oddly profound movie … about Legos.
  2. Reviewed by: Drew McWeeny
    Sep 22, 2014
    Beautifully shot, impeccably paced, and with a voice cast that nails it in every role, large or small, "The Lego Movie" is a genuine delight.
  3. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Mar 3, 2014
    As a rule, movies about toys need to be approached with extreme caution; some of them have been bad enough to count as health hazards. This one is the exception.