6.8

1. SarahB.
    Aug 23, 2006
    Good actors, really foul script. Even this Depp lover couldn't stay awake for the entirety of this snorefest.
  2. LenaB.
    Mar 12, 2006
    This is a terrible, terrible, terrible movie. The last movie I can remember that had a good pedigree but was this terrible was Enigma. I cannot understand how talented people could have made something this ridicucously absurd. Please don't waste your money!
  3. BitB.
    Mar 10, 2006
    Ok, apart from Depp's strong performance, purely as an actor, this film sucked big time. I love dark, contentious, bizarre films but this was really boring.
  4. TomB.
    Mar 21, 2006
    I dunno, it wasn't the worst movie I ever saw. It just wasn't very good. Suffered from very poor editing. When Depp is cast asunder by his dad, and he's playing a charlatan who has some potion that will cure the public's ills, he then has a bad eye. You figure it's something done to be 'in character' for the charlatan role. it's not - he's I dunno, it wasn't the worst movie I ever saw. It just wasn't very good. Suffered from very poor editing. When Depp is cast asunder by his dad, and he's playing a charlatan who has some potion that will cure the public's ills, he then has a bad eye. You figure it's something done to be 'in character' for the charlatan role. it's not - he's really sick, and he's gotten sick in the 6 months his father (the King) banished him. I could give you 10 other examples of that. Just really bad editing. Expand
  5. TimothyP.
    Aug 1, 2006
    Absolutely the most boring worthless movie I've seen in a long time!
  6. VivW
    Feb 18, 2007
    This is where you need a minus section, just a long drawn out ramblings out of all context,vwaste of money.
  7. RyanC.
    Sep 29, 2006
    If I could vote -50 I would...this movie is that bad!
  8. PrudenceK.
    Nov 24, 2005
    Trash. This film was trash. Awful. Depp gives one of the worst performances I have ever seen! It is beyond awful. Anyone who thought he could get an Oscar nod for this awful performance should seriously be tortured.

This one-of-a-kind spellbinder from first-time director Laurence Dunmore is not afraid to shock. Depp is a raunchy wonder, especially in a time-capsule-worthy opening monologue.
  2. Reviewed by: Leslie Felperin
    Starting out seductive but ending up tiresome, debuting director Laurence Dunmore's pic is an honorable misfire.
    Deep and Morton are really flying here (the scene in which the hero instructs the heroine in the passionate possibilities of her art), and they leave the rest of the film looking heavy on its feet. The second half, especially, grows dour and maundering, and by the end the movie seems to flail in desperation, more like a work in progress than like a finished piece.