6.5

1. Jul 6, 2011
    the first few minutes of the film are very bearable, and you can see the movie is being supported by actors who are very good at what they do and a nice director. the movie brings so many questions and doesn't answer them, sometimes it's not necessarily a bad thing, but in this case - it's very bad. you feel like it wants to be a very exciting thriller but it fails exactly when it gets to the last scene, after you see it it seems like they wanted to grab everyone's attention and make the film memorable - didn't work on me. not worth watching - next Expand
  2. Sep 9, 2010
    Sorry for the translation, in mechanical. The news: "Abuse a child and then kill." For "his" father and "his" mother open the doors of "non-sense of Life." I, as a reaction manifest emotional reading or hearing this news? Anger, rage, anger, disgust, contempt and then? And then return to "my" peaceful world, shut off "the others and their problems. "One more news, unfortunately."
    There is only one name to give to my attitude. Indifference.
    It 'a very serious illness, experts say.
    Symptoms: Do not want to understand, not wanting to speak, not wanting to participate in drama to make an informed choice. The "never happen to me" is the motto of indifference.
    Is not a film to change the "certainty" of people.
    One film, if done well, can help you reflect, perhaps to illuminate the shadows still unexplored. Discussions, debates, meetings, research, well-being. The target is centered.
    Falls into error, I think, who think that "The Life of David Gale" is a film for the Texans, or other states, far from it.
    Texas does not need these films. Why? Becouse this people familiar with the offenses that can lead you to lethal injection.
    It is, however, a punch in the stomach for the rest of the globe,
    this drama lives it only indirectly.

Think, is not fiction stage for the parties involved, who live "intus et in cute" the execution of a sentence, most often immutable.

Time adversary, inquisitorial, indictment, the bench, reading the verdict, death row, employees injection, printing, Forum for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms, and so on.

It 's a tragedy without end, even turns into tragedy when curtain time and alternate judges as much on the trial. So what about the victims on the attackers.

The Life of David Gale, in my opinion, a good movie. Is in the dialogues that I see so much sap. Are endless dialogues to release particles of emotional intensity, giving strength and character to most of the work.
    Philosopher and rookie screenwriter Charles Randolph gives to Alan Parker, director, a strong screenplay.
    The film is a work with content suitable for persons who want to think, reflect, ask questions, put a strain on their beliefs.

Who wants to do, sit in a chair, will not be disappointed.
    Spacey (philosophy professor) and Laura Linney (Constance) are people "triadic" - body, mind, spirit, are committed to a very noble goal. Fight for "life" of those condemned to death.

Question: - The film's characters are presented as the fanatical extremists of an idea, a proposal or as a people full of passion, transport for that idea? This is important, I think the difference is substantial advantage or disadvantage of static or dynamic of the film, it does not deserve, I believe, hasty judgments.
    Bitsey Bloom (Kate Winslet), a young but established journalist is asked by David Gale, sentenced to death three days before the execution to hear his story. During the three meetings the journalist did not "only limited to listening," onset of action. A story to follow with a final not so obvious.

P.S.

Personally privilege the person who asks questions and I have many reservations for who is considered the holder of certainties. I prefer the question mark (?) That exclamation mark (!). Good Ciak!
  3. Feb 11, 2014
    This is Dead Man Walking by amateurs. It's plot is convoluted, the acting is dull, and the ending is an insult. It just doesn't give any arguments regarding the death penalty, all it does is repeat the same message over and over again, bludgeoning you over the head. Thankfully this became a box office bomb.

Another tediously sanctimonious message movie from Alan Parker.
    A shock ending may be the best hope for this film, a convoluted mystery that thinks it's way smarter than it is.
    The film's greatest asset is Linney, whose prickly, finely calibrated performance as the doomed Harraway makes her loss resonate more powerfully than any of the point-counterpoint rhetoric.