8.9

1. Dec 8, 2012
    The Lord of the Rings is a modern day classic, a film series that will live in legend. The first film, The Fellowship of the Ring begins the adventure of Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin and the forming of the fellowship to destroy The One Ring in the fires of Mt Doom. After inherriting a mysterious ring on his uncles 111th birthday, Frodo is warned by the old wizard Gandalf that the ring possesses an evil power that could bring about the rise of the dark lord Sauron to cast shadow over all of middle earth. As the Hobbits travel to Rivendell they begin a fellowship consisting of many different races from across middle earth who will sacrifice their lives to get this ring to Mordor. Peter Jackson has masterfully transferred Middle Earth from page to screen, making it feel real and incredibly lifelike. A film that everyone should watch Expand
  2. Dec 8, 2012
    Sin ser fan de la Trilogía ni haber leído los libros, pienso que el producto es notable y necesario revisitar de cuando en cuando. Personajes muy bien definidos. Buenos actores que saltaron a la fama con esta trilogía. Tierra Media creíble. Momentos divertidos como la lucha entre los 2 magos, estando Ian McKellen y Christopher Lee un poco mayores para tantos trotes. Momentos de nerviosismo como cuando atraviesan la Mina de Moria. Quizá demasiado larga, aunque muy recomendable. Expand
  3. Dec 5, 2012
    "The Fellowship of the Ring" is a triumph. Despite its lofty and seemingly "unfilmable" source material, it manages to convey the spirit of J.R.R Tolkien's masterwork.
  4. Dec 4, 2012
    This movie was true to the books. Everything in the movie looked the way I imagined it looking when I read the book long ago when I was a boy. Although, I usually don't like CGI, the CGI in this trilogy is absolutely great. As are the costumes and sets. Gollum is the first CGI character from a serious film that I have liked. It is probably because he was basically a virtual puppet that an actual puppeteer,controlled and they recorded the data points in a computer and then drew the CGI around his movements. Way better than Jar Jar Binks in Start Wars lol! Expand
  5. Dec 2, 2012
    It's surprising when you find one of these rare epics that still manage to captivate and spellbind over such a long period of time. The visuals were absolutely majestic, yet the story managed to unfold with such grace and never dawdled. The actors proved worthy of the role they played and kept up their spirit throughout. It was also nice to feel a little light-heartedness among the fantasy, drama and suspense that occurred. To be honest, I couldn't really point out what was actually bad about it, because it just looks like one of the best fantasy epics ever made. Expand
  6. Nov 22, 2012
    The film is a prime example of how someone should make a book based film but it does have a few flaws. The first being the acting, It's not all that good, Yes the casting is perfect but I think the dialogue could have been a bit better. What really saves it is that the aciton is so good and it's so well directed, It truly brings Middle Earth to life. Definently worth watching.
  7. Nov 14, 2012
    Lord of the Rings, transcending the genre of fantasy films, is brimming with invention and imagination. A must see!
  8. Oct 21, 2012
    Awesome actors,an amazing director and a genius screenplay.This is a great movie based on a book.Despite that,there's an action scene where gandalf and sauron fight.It don't have good angles.The sound is terrible.The movies of 2001 don't have good sound.But there are 4 movies that it can have great sound: -Amélie -Black Hawk Down -Moulin Rouge! -Pearl Harbor The movie shows a cliffhanger.A cliffhanger is the thing you can note a second part. Expand
  9. Sep 17, 2012
    this movie good. me like this movie. i like it lot. you should like too. it good movie. me like it lot. me really like movie cuz movie good. if you no like movie then you is a stupid.
  10. Aug 25, 2012
    This is the second time I have seen this cut of the movie and, although it is very long, I must say I have seldom enjoyed a film as much. I will not try to compare the book with the film; I
  11. Jul 31, 2012
    A brilliant start to an exceptional franchise. In this movie we begin to unwrap the wonderful yet dangerous world of Middle-Earth, and just like the book, it is presented in a marvelous fashion. Some book adaptions are terrible, and this is the farthest you can get from one of them.
  12. Jul 28, 2012
    Wonderful movie adaptation of a wonderful tale. I'm very pleased with how the different species all have different movements and with how big the adventure feels.
  13. Jul 12, 2012
    I will admit that it could have been a bit shorter, but the Fellowship of the Ring makes up for its length with its astounding visuals, tight performances and direction, compelling dialogue and terrific action sequences.
  14. Jun 17, 2012
    This was a FANTASTIC film based on a FANTASTIC book. It is one of the few book-to-film conversions that I approved of and it was great. The casting was spot-on as well.
  15. May 26, 2012
    Fellowship it has dazzling visual effects, great action and fantastic performances to spare, and manages to be as visually powerful as it is emotionally. I give this movie 96%.
  16. Apr 3, 2012
    Con efectso especiales del mejor nivel, con actuaciones merecedoras de Oscar, con una historia simplemente fantastica y con una perfecta direccion de Peter Jackson , The Fellowship of the Rings logra establecer espectativa a lo que seria la mejor trilogia de todos los timepos.
  17. Apr 1, 2012
    I'm coming to rate this movie because I remember when I first saw it in theaters years ago it is the only time while in a movie ever that I wished it wasn't over. It was enthralling and the film is just absolutely incredible. I cannot think of any movie since that I felt that way. Amazing story, great action, lots of different creatures... everything feels so real. You must see this!
  18. Mar 26, 2012
    An absolute masterpiece like no other. Peter Jackson has created something of pure brillance. It is brillantly executed, with powerful music, and a story that truly wonderful. Just think this is only the beginning.
  19. Mar 15, 2012
    probably one of the best fantasy movies out there,with epic effects,a well made story and the movie followed the book well(although they did leave one epic scene out).The music added to the move was brilliant and perfectly matched with the film.Overall 10/10
  20. Feb 12, 2012
    this is one of the best films ever, i love the storyline, the action sequences, the coolness, everything about it, it doesn't have any faults really.
  21. Feb 11, 2012
    A epic adventure masterpiece. I had to watch several times to understand some of the dialogue but when I do understand, it is wonderful well done. I have never read the books but when I was in a bookstore, soon after viewing the movie at the cinemas, I bought the novel.
  22. Feb 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Simply put: One of the greatest movies of all time, and an even better start to the cinematic epic that is the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Amazing visual effects, a gripping story, full of emotion, and a fantastic performance by Ian McKellen as Gandalf, the Fellowship of the Ring is a great open for J.R.R Tolkien's world of Middle Earth. Yes, Tom Bombadil was left out, but when doing adaptations sacrifices must be made, and even though the inclusion of Bombadil would have done nothing other than strengthen the film even more, the film is already a masterpiece. Expand
  23. Jan 28, 2012
    The Fellowship of the Ring was one of the best movies I have ever seen that was made from a book. It is one of those you would want to see again and again. It is based on the book by J.R.R Tolkien, and an amazing cast was selected. Peter Jackson did a fantastic job with the plot, dialogue, characters of Middle Earth. I was astonished by the special effects this movie had to offer, especially a scene with the demon Balrog. I would definitely recommend buying this. Seriously, go out and buy it today! Expand
  24. Jan 20, 2012
    I am happy to see the awarness of the community. Reviews of those people who do not understand epicness and quality of this movie from some reason , are found unhelpfull. On the other hand almost everyone agrees with those who give compliments to this movie , peter jackson , and of course great tolkien. I watched whole trilogy many times and i can only say , that it is the greates trilogy ever. By my opinion all three of these movies are best there is in the movie world. If someone hasnt still watched it , chances are slim but , he should watch it right away , not just this one but whole tirlogy. Thank you community. Expand
  25. Jan 9, 2012
    You could easily tell the people that rate the film a 0/10 are either trolling or die hard fans of rival series such as Harry Potter and I pity those shameful morons because this film is excellent and a marvel at its time. When I first watched this film as a kid I have never seen anything like it on movie ever before. It was intense, it was interesting, the soundtrack is excellent and most importantly the ensemble cast was an absolutly perfect. My favourite scene was the council at Rivendell. It is very interesting how each character has their different opinion on the Ring and the best battle sequence was during Moria, of course the Cave Troll made it great. I personally praise the acting of Sean "Boromir Bean, Sean "Samwise" Astin and Ian "Gandalf" Mckellen I thought those 3 stood out because of how dramatic they can act without making a fool of themselves. When the film hit on Dvds and Videos I immediatly bought it along with the other 2 movies in support of the how inspiring and influentional those films were to me. Expand
  26. Dec 9, 2011
    For hardcore fans, Peter Jackson's vision of the Middle-Earth may be a disrespect to the source material, but for me, "The Fellowship of the Ring" is the most faithful adaptation you cold ask of. Many people were bored by its length, but I found the first chapter of the trilogy an epic masterpiece.
  27. Dec 1, 2011
    It was fine. I think it did get a little bit boring and it didnt peak until they got into Moria. From there and til the end of the film it was a lot better. The acting is ok, Sir Ian McKellen was amazing as Gandalf.
  28. Nov 19, 2011
    An epic beginning, known for its impeccable sound, the script developed, very faithful to the book, good performances, a show well done, as I can say about the soundtrack, direction, costumes, makeup, art direction and visual effects. In short, an excellent movie.
  29. Nov 4, 2011
    It's magical, emotional, captivating and epic. The Lord of the Rings is not only a literary classic, but thanks to Peter Jackson, it's now a cinematic classic. 4/4 stars.

I see it as nearly perfect: It's one of the best fantasy pictures ever made.
  2. An extraordinary work, grandly conceived, brilliantly executed and wildly entertaining. It's a hobbit's dream, a wizard's delight. And, of course, it's only the beginning.
    Above all, Jackson evokes an almost palpable sense of the will to power trapped within the ring. Without this evocation of the ring's insidious ability to sniff out the potential for corruption and capitalize on it, the entire enterprise would be precious drivel.