9.0

1. S.J.
    Nov 21, 2002
    I just dare Ned to create an entire world only from his own imagination, to developes races, languages, places.. then to write it in a book, to write other books with stories of these stuffs, then I dare him to make a movie of these books in less than 2 years. If he can, then I'll consider his meaningless rate. I would like to see a "six-year-old" doing the work Peter Jackson did. I just dare Ned to create an entire world only from his own imagination, to developes races, languages, places.. then to write it in a book, to write other books with stories of these stuffs, then I dare him to make a movie of these books in less than 2 years. If he can, then I'll consider his meaningless rate. I would like to see a "six-year-old" doing the work Peter Jackson did. Rating this movie beneath 6 shouldn't be allowed for this movie. I just NEVER seen a movie with such a perfect casting, with incredible music and ambiance, and with such landscape. It just drops the new star wars way behind. Expand
  2. ArwenII
    Nov 26, 2002
    One of the best movies I've ever seen. But there's one thing I don't get. First, this movie was at a 95, then it was lowered down to a 94, and it's a 93? Personally, I think someone hacked into this website and was so mad that this movie was too good to have a rating, that they decided to lower its score. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about this movie. It had One of the best movies I've ever seen. But there's one thing I don't get. First, this movie was at a 95, then it was lowered down to a 94, and it's a 93? Personally, I think someone hacked into this website and was so mad that this movie was too good to have a rating, that they decided to lower its score. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about this movie. It had some very emotional moments that made me sob all night. Fantasy is so great. It's too bad that some people just don't appreciate such great imaginations that some brilliant authors (such as J.R.R Tolkien, J.K. Rowling, and Jules Verne) have. Expand
  3. DavisL.
    Nov 27, 2002
    It's a great film alright. But it's got sod all to do with September the bloody 11th.
  4. WarrenD.
    Jan 2, 2002
    Quite simply one of the two or three best fantasy films ever made and one of the best novel to film transitions ever! It restores a genuine sense of WOW to the cinema. What an achievement for all concerned.
  5. EricH.
    Jan 20, 2002
    Fellowship Of The Ring isn't so much an adaptation as it builds and fleshes out the gray areas of the book. Peter Jackson has outdone himself - visually the movie is stunning, the details warrant repeated viewings, and the dialogue and flow goes over 3 hours without one moment of boredom.
  6. JeniK.
    Dec 4, 2002
    To neone who keeps moaning that its a too long movie......if Jackson had made all three in one go and released all three movies as one...ud just be moaning that it was longer and suggest they split it into 3 movies. i thought the movie wa brilliant, gr8 choice of characters adn brilliant script, sound effects and special effects. if u havent seen it see it......12 out of ten if poss!!!
  7. SylvainG.
    Jan 27, 2002
    Fellowship is a really great movie, that is both grand scale action and intimate moments of friendship and love. Against all odds, Jackson has succeeded in bringing a masterpiece to life!
  8. ThaSilencer
    Dec 7, 2002
    Hey Ned, before saying anything you really MUST make a movie from a book that is over a 1000 pages long and has tens of millions of fans. The goal is to make the movie in an incredibly short time with incredible effects, sound and all the other stuff. After that should you give this movie such a dumb rating. "acting was mediocre" umm, actually all the actors made an amazing job on their Hey Ned, before saying anything you really MUST make a movie from a book that is over a 1000 pages long and has tens of millions of fans. The goal is to make the movie in an incredibly short time with incredible effects, sound and all the other stuff. After that should you give this movie such a dumb rating. "acting was mediocre" umm, actually all the actors made an amazing job on their characters. the only fact they might seem dull is because there are 9 main characters plus lots of others. I think that even with those 9 characters Jackson made a really good job on describing them. "immature fantasy" - boy aren't you mature. most of things on our lives are really simple, why should we make fuss about that. if you have'nt read the books i suggest you do as well before judging this movie. as you will see it is just an ecranization of the book. the story behind all that is much more complex. It is just like any other thing in this world - looks simple at first but with little more attention put into it, a lot more things come up. Also about six-year-olds: did you tell anything like that to your babysitter at that age? did your story make your babysitter image that rich and beautiful world you were talking about? Battle scenes in this movie are really cool. I went to the premiere and 11 more times after that, and each time when Aragorn finished fighting with an orc the studio was applauding. All the battles in this movie are just as good as those in Black Hawk Down, Gladiator, etc... From the depths of my soul I scream NED DOES NOT WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT!!!! Expand
  9. June
    Jan 28, 2002
    WOW... the best movie ever! The Hobbits are just the best in the whole movie! I am really looking forward to the next two videos:)
  10. DanielleG.
    Jan 31, 2002
    I can't see how anyone could NOT have liked this. It was brilliantly coordinated and the special effects were done so beautifully. The cast is perfect. Orlando Bloom is absolute eye candy (but that?s not the only thing that makes this movie good). Just go see it, what else is there to say? I'm buying the DVD and seeing the next 2!
  11. RowanA.
    Jan 30, 2002
    Great!!!
  12. ValH.
    Feb 9, 2002
    This movie was awsome. They special effects and photography are excellent. I have seen the movie 5 times and I can't wait till it comes to DVD. I also can't wait for the sequels. Ian McKellen gave an extraordinary preformance as Gandalf the Grey and Elijah Wood protrade Frodo Baggins astoundingly. They coundn't have found anyone better. Lord of The Rings rules!!
  13. MikeV.
    Mar 14, 2002
    One of the greatest movies ever made.
  14. LisaW.
    Mar 27, 2002
    I think Peter Jackson did a wonderful job with the movie. It was definitely the best movie I have ever seen.
  15. NickiT.
    Mar 30, 2002
    I loved it, I'd give it an 11 out of 10 if it were possible.
  16. KeithW.
    Mar 31, 2002
    Brilliant!!
  17. Enkil
    Mar 7, 2002
    Just brilliant. A perfect start for this long awaited trilogy. And I have heard that people complain about "no real ending". Well, just take a look on the world's most popular trilogy Star Wars. Does the first and second have a "real" ending? Nooo...
  18. SuzyQ.
    Mar 7, 2002
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!
  19. JaydebM.
    Apr 1, 2002
    As good an adaptation from book to film as it can get.
  20. Jonas
    Apr 21, 2002
    Same as the other...Two words Olando Bloom.
  21. JohnS.
    Apr 22, 2002
    This movie was great.
  22. JessicaS.
    Apr 27, 2002
    Beautiful film:) imagination actually seems real in Lord Of the Rings. Thank you for an amazing experience, and its only begun!
  23. Ann-MarieB.
    May 1, 2002
    This is my absolute favorite movie! It deserves a 20/10! Elijah Wood is the best! Whoever gave it a low rating is crazy!!!!
  24. RoddickB.
    May 18, 2002
    The most magnificent and best high-fantasy film of all time. Not really THE BEST film of all time, but one of the best, and definitely the LORD of its genre. Breathtaking visuals and cinematography, stunning sets and landscapes, beautiful score, flawless acting, I can't wait for the next two films!
  25. ArwenElvenprincess
    Jun 13, 2002
    This is the most beautiful movie i have ever seen. I can't wait for the next one.
  26. JBW.
    Jun 15, 2002
    Its in my top 3 favorite movies and i think whoever doesnt like it is an idiot!!!!!!! I've read all the books and they are great!I can't wait to see The Two Towers and The Return of the King.
  27. StineE.
    Jun 2, 2002
    I've read the book, and the movie was even better than I expected!!!!!
  28. LauraW.
    Jun 24, 2002
    It iz the best film i have eva seen in my whole life and i can't wait 4 the nxt! the scenery iz amazing and every word iz true 2 tolkiens epic book.
  29. AndrewS.
    Jun 27, 2002
    There is no question about this being the absolute best movie of all time. It succeeds in everything it does. I admit that seeing the movie before I read book was a mistake, but it didn't stop me from loving this movie! I saw it again after the read and the book, I had a new respect for it. The movie is visually mind-blowing, the acting is the best I've seen in any movie, the There is no question about this being the absolute best movie of all time. It succeeds in everything it does. I admit that seeing the movie before I read book was a mistake, but it didn't stop me from loving this movie! I saw it again after the read and the book, I had a new respect for it. The movie is visually mind-blowing, the acting is the best I've seen in any movie, the story soars above any other, and the movie itself just rocks! It was robbed blind at the Oscars. It should have won everything it was nominated for. The Academy doesn't know what the hell they're doing. What does a movie have to do to get recognized? For crying out loud! The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is (needless to say) unbeatable! Expand
  30. JohnG.
    Jun 3, 2002
    Amazing....everything about LOTR was amazing and unforgetable....it was so deep and in depth....it was not boring for a second....in all of the 3 hours.

I see it as nearly perfect: It's one of the best fantasy pictures ever made.
  2. An extraordinary work, grandly conceived, brilliantly executed and wildly entertaining. It's a hobbit's dream, a wizard's delight. And, of course, it's only the beginning.
  3. Above all, Jackson evokes an almost palpable sense of the will to power trapped within the ring. Without this evocation of the ring's insidious ability to sniff out the potential for corruption and capitalize on it, the entire enterprise would be precious drivel.