9.0

1. Aug 14, 2010
    When the "worst" movie of a trilogy is an absolute 10, then you sir, have a damn fine trilogy. This is an incredible movie from start to finish, but the one drawback is that it feels like it was continued and needs continuing. The thing is, it's actually worth the ride.
  2. Oct 30, 2010
    the best in the trilogy and the awesomeness in the franchise.
  3. Sep 23, 2011
    "The Two Towers" isn't much epic as its powerful prequel, but its still amazes me that Peter Jackson can release such a wonderful movie within a year.
  4. May 26, 2012
    With mind-blowing performances from the whole entire cast, along with skilled dialogue. Featuring its amazing visual effects, breathtaking action, and being even more emotionally resonant than the first. I give this movie 98%.
  5. Jun 1, 2012
    Some of the best battles in the series....this movie is epic.
  6. Aug 17, 2011
    My favorite of the trilogy. Peter Jackson is a cinema god, there is a reason RotK tied for most oscar wins for one movie. Best fantasy novel and the movie does it complete justice. This is what modern cinema is all about: great acting, tasteful and thrilling special effects, excellent story of course, amazing screen play and the most spectacular soundtrack which is epic in battle sequences and harmonious in times of peace. A true masterpiece. To be watched again and again. 5/5 stars. Expand
  7. Mar 29, 2011
    When compared to the previous movie, it was same old, same old for some stuff. Enjoyable, but too long. Plot became a bit more complicated, but battle scenes became much more awsome.
  8. Nov 4, 2011
    It's quite similar to the Fellowship of the Rings in terms of visual effects and overall style. But the story has now become much more interesting and multidimensional as we watch the Fellowship, now divided, struggle to complete their journey to save Middle Earth. 4/4 stars.
  9. Nov 19, 2011
    The best sound effects, also known for its impeccable sound, the script developed, very faithful to the book, good performances, a show well done, as I can say about the soundtrack, direction, costumes, makeup, art direction and visual effects. In short, an excellent movie.
  10. Aug 9, 2011
    This isnt filming this is art..
  11. Aug 9, 2011
    This movie is pure gold. Besides a few weak points like some unrealistic lines and the shield-boarding down the stairs, it's perfect. There is no lack of emotion, all performances are good and the battle at Helm's Deep is perhaps the best ever in a movie. The highlight for me was the introduction to Gollum, though. He is one of the best characters ever.
  12. Sep 14, 2011
    magnificent is the word i will say for this film, i havent read the book . And im sure i wont..cinematography is top notch expecially in the battle scenes its really awesome.
  13. Oct 17, 2011
    The Two Towers might not be the best of the three Lord of the Rings movies, but it sure is one of the best movies I've ever seen! Great acting, story and scenes - movies cant get much better than this.
  14. Feb 8, 2012
    When people ask me which film in the Lord of the Rings trilogy is the my least favorite, I usually say The Two Towers. However, seeing as how all three films are all cinematic masterpieces, this doesn't mean jack-squat. The Two Towers, like its other two siblings, is quite simply one of the greatest films of all time. Director Peter Jackson does an outstanding job with staying true to Tolkien's story, while adding some of his own flare to the film. Its visual effects, cinematography, and score are some of the best seen in film, which can be said about the other two films as well. The ending of The Two Towers is one of the most emotionally powerful endings of any film I've seen (which is saying something since I consider myself quite the film expert). The montage with Sam's moving speech to Frodo does the movie justice, and is the perfect ending to the second installation of the trilogy where hope for the defeat of evil in Middle Earth is all but faded. Frodo, stricken with grief and weariness of being the Ring Bearer, asks Sam what they are holding onto, which Sam responds with, and still to this day brings goosebumps and tears to me, "That there's some good in this world Mr. Frodo, and its worth fighting for!" Words we all could live by nowadays. Expand
  15. Mar 26, 2012
    The Two Towers is equally as good as the first but with bigger and better battle sequences. It has even more adeventure and even mixes in some comedy in that makes the movie flow perfectly. The best picture of the year.
  16. Apr 3, 2012
    Entretenida, con efectos especiales del mejor nivel, con un actuaciones sorprendentes y mas accion que la anterior. The Two Towers es simplemente perfecta, visualmente rica y muy bien dirigida por Peter Jackson. Es casi imporsible poder mejorar a The Fellowship of the Ring, pero Two Towers logra no solo ser tan buena, sino hasta mejor que la original.
  17. Dec 5, 2011
    It was ok. While the CGI parts are pretty terrible and painfully obvious, The action more then makes up for it and the epic battle at the end delivers an amazing climax to the film. I agree with another reviewer that said you know its a good trilogy when the worst film in it still gets a high score.
  18. Nov 14, 2012
    While the plot tends to meander, Two Towers is still alive and breathtaking in the moment. Jackson has proved himself to be a master craftsman of the so called 'epic movie.'
  19. May 27, 2011
    Another great movie in the trilogy. Maybe not quite as entrancing as The Fellowship of the Ring, but the story cracks along all the same. The final battle is truely thrilling.
  20. Jan 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Overall Two Towers is a great film. The characters are more developed and likeable. The presence of the awesome character Gollum adds even more interest. Frodo is still a weak character though. Plus, the movie is still gritty but there is some comedy to lighten things up. The story is more complex a little too much at times but it feels necessary. The film does drag at parts but it sets up some amazing battle scenes. The scenes that Jackson gets right he really gets right. There is some great moments in this film like the last one. While Two Towers still has some of the same problems as Fellowship, the characters and story are much better and the stuff that is good is really good creating a movie that is stronger than its predecessor and makes me excited for Return of the King, which some consider to be the best in the series. Expand
  21. Sep 24, 2012
    Having recently read the book I did find that this departed from J.R.R.Tolkien
  22. Jul 31, 2012
    An action packed ride that is every bit as good as the first movie. It may be the least enjoyable of the films, but the fact that it is still a phenomenal film stands as proof the Peter Jackson has created the most consistent and brilliant book adapted film franchise of all time. My only complaint would be that it does not focus enough on the characters like the first two films did, but every other aspect of it is near perfect. Expand
  23. Jan 9, 2012
    Like all the other films of the LOTR trilogy I watched this movie in one go without taking a break or falling interest. The actors did very well in the film but I personally think Christopher Lee (Saruman) stood out from the rest because of his cold yet powerful voice on several occasions during the film. Bernad Hill (Theoden) also did an excellent job as the king of Rohan. The fight sequence were well choregraphed and the scene Wolves of Isengard was intense, fast paced and humorous (lol gimli). The Ent were also well brought into the screen and I think the best battle scene in all of the trilogy was the battle at Helms Deep. WELL DONE PETER JACKSON Expand
  24. Mar 3, 2013
    The two towers is not as good as the fellowship of the ring but is stil a great movie with awesome battle sequences.
  25. Jul 20, 2011
    Easily the best movie I've ever seen in my life. Great scenery, amazing story, heart warming ending, everything, It's just perfect. By far the best one of all three!
  26. Dec 9, 2011
    "The Two Towers" continues following all the greatness provided by the first film. Gollum's animation character and the Battle of Helm's Deep will not only be remembered for years but will be remembered through the ages.
  27. Dec 10, 2012
    This somehow did not work for me. If this was supposed to be serious, it was verging on the ridiculous. I could excuse the first one for a little low-brow humour considering it didn
  28. Oct 2, 2013
    The battle for Middle Earth continues in this epic and vastly rich in detail sequel to the Fellowship of the Ring, the Two Towers is often regarded as the best of the three, its name deriving from the tower in Mordor where the flaming eye of Sauron sits, and the tower of Isengard, where the corrupted Saruman build his army. It introduces new characters while still maintaining heavy focus on the ones we grew to admire from the first part, the stories intertwine yet happen worlds apart, Frodo (Elijah Wood) and Sam (Sean Astin) have gone it alone to the fires of Mount Doom in the hope of destroying the ring of power, but they are my no means alone, as the shady creature known as Gollum (Andy Serkis) is on their every move, but he may soon prove his worth as the two hobbits seem to be going round in circles. Frodo is beginning to show signs of the ring overpowering him by now, he's grouchy, angry and taking it out on Sam. But another battle continues to rage as the evil Saruman (Christopher Lee) continues to raise an unbeatable army in the name of Sauron and the ring, an army that seeks domination of the lands, Rohan being the centre of it, Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen) Legolas (Orlando Bloom) and Gimli (John Rys-Davies) are in search of Merry (Dominic Monaghan) and Pippin (Billy Boyd) who have been taken by the dangerous breed of Uruk-hai believing them to be Frodo.
    But there is more to it all that just needs to be watched, we have a reborn Gandalf (Ian McKellan) who helps steer the masses in the right direction, as each city must stand up and rise against the armies. We make way for one of the most memorable battle sequences in cinema history, the battle of Helms Deep, thousands of soldiers and even more orcs line the land to fight, it's raining, it's wonderful to watch and it's action packed, to the fullest. Wonderful to watch couldn't be used enough in this review, because the Two Towers is exciting from start to finish, whether its the epic battles, talking trees, continuing character-driven stories or vast landscapes of beauty, it takes everything from the first and doubles it, Aragorn seems to take centre stage in the film, as the Hobbits take a back seat for a while, the two hobbits on the way to Mordor are really just walking for most of the film, but Wood and Astin excellently play beaten travellers as we begin to realise the sway such a small object can hold, but Aragorn is the heir to the white city of Gondor, he therefore must salvage all the remaining hope in men, and deal with the many obstacles that stand in his path, but not without a few secrets to be revealed first, although he longs after Arwen (Liv Tyler), another woman, Eowyn (Miranda Otto) takes an interest in his peculiar being. Like before, it's the phenomenal acting and intriguing characters these actors portray that really bring the film to life, it's visually impressive as ever, yet these larger than life heroes are likeable, easy to root for and give a sense of happiness and despair rolled into one, we have love, loss, hatred and frightening elements of the supernatural to enjoy. McKellan's Gandalf speaks heavily in riddle, and the more I watch this trilogy the more I think he knew along what was going to happen, the reason for his participation was a bored pensioner with not long left until retirement. The element that drives Lord of the Rings head and shoulders above others is its own time and its own original world, everything about it breathes magic and fantasy, the Two Towers capitalises on success but doesn't settle to be just as good, it aims higher and opens up to a host of new characters and story lines that set up a massive and historic final chapter.
  29. Nov 28, 2011
    The best LOTR movie of them all. A 99/100. The third one was a 97/100 in my mind, because of it's epic length, and the first one is a 94/100. The Two towers is so beautifully made, it is hard to go to the bathroom. The epic battle at the end seals the deal.
  30. Jan 28, 2012
    The Two Towers is an extraordinary movie which only Peter Jackson can deliver. It's a sequel to the 2001 movie The Fellowship of the Ring, and it continues the adventures of Frodo Baggins as he carries on his quest to destroy the One Ring in the fiery depths of Mt. Doom to sabotage the Dark Lord Sauron once and for all. Peter Jackson once again proves his mastery of the Middle Earth universe in this movie. Expand
  31. May 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It is extremely difficult to review one of your long-time favorites. This is the movie I've seen most times in a movie theater (a total of 6 times I believe), and no matter what I write in this review, it won't be enough to explain my love for this film.

The story is split into two directions, one following Frodo and Sam's journey towards Mordor and their less than shaky relationship with Gollum/Sméagol, whom they manage to get as their guide to Mordor.

Personally, in the books or in the movies, I've never really cared for Frodo's journey; my heart always lay with the Three Hunters (Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli). Nonetheless, as we follow Frodo's desperate struggle to take the One Ring to its doom - while avoiding it falling to the hands of its true Master - we get to meet Faramir, son of Denethor and the brother of Boromir. The first glimpse at Gondor's demise leaves little hope that when the final attack comes, they would survive (but more of that in the next movie...).

Sam's outbursts kind of annoyed me in this film; sure, I get the hate and distrust he feels towards Gollum, whom Frodo is pitying and trying to help. It puts a strain on the relationship between all of them, which in the darkness of Mordor will twist itself into something far worse...

Quite well balanced with the Frodo/Sam scenes we have the primary focus of this film: Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are pursuing the Uruk-hai who took Merry and Pippin in the end of "The Fellowship of the Ring".

As Saruman's deceit deepens, and he prepares to attack Rohan, Merry and Pippin have an important part to play - in their own way - while the Three Hunters are unexpectedly joined by an old friend and move onto Rohan to release its king from Saruman's grasp.

Besides David Wenham as Faramir, we get to see new, wonderful characters: Karl Urban as Éomer, Miranda Otto as Éowyn, Bernard Hill as Théoden... I could go on...

The epic battle of Helm's Deep is grim, dark and it is clear from the beginning that their hopes of winning are not very high. Not even with the addition of Galadhrim to join them (Craig Parker as Haldir returns, and I'm glad to see him, although heartbroken to see him go as well...).

The battle scenes are brutal and thrilling. Legolas and Gimli's contest puts some lightness into it, although it is a grim race.

"The Two Towers" is more action packed than "The Fellowship of the Ring". Perhaps that is why I like it so much better than the first movie.

If one has to complain about something, it is the rather random scenes with Arwen. Sure, we should not forget her, and they sort of fit in, but also disrupt the balance of certain scenes. Not to mention the scene with Galadriel and Elrond; by that time the union of the two towers had been gone over at least twice by several others, and it felt like a stale repeat of what is going on - only with a slight twist. It is unlikely anyone watching the movie and paying attention would have forgotten who exactly is working with whom.

This is an epic movie, though. Beautiful scenery, amazing score, incredible details... It all creates a world much like our own, and at the same time, nothing like ours.

And again, if you can get your hands on the extended version - hold onto that.
  32. Dec 28, 2012
    It drags at time, and isn't as complete as the first, but the Two Towers is nothing short of breathtakingly awesome, and will satisfy any fan of the franchise and gives us new characters (like the irreplaceable Gollum) for us to ponder at.
  33. Jan 20, 2012
    I am happy to see the awarness of the community. Reviews of those people who do not understand epicness and quality of this movie from some reason , are found unhelpfull. On the other hand almost everyone agrees with those who give compliments to this movie , peter jackson , and of course great tolkien. I watched whole trilogy many times and i can only say , that it is the greates trilogy ever. By my opinion all three of these movies are best there is in the movie world. If someone hasnt still watched it , chances are slim but , he should watch it right away , not just this one but whole tirlogy. Thank you community. Expand
  34. Nov 22, 2012
    This movie is my pick for the best of the series. The acting is better, the action is awesome, and once again it does a great job at creating middle earth and drawing you into the story.
  35. Feb 12, 2012
    this is the second best film ever, really, it's even better than the fellowship of the ring, everything about it is incredible, i really, really, really like it.
  36. Aug 24, 2014
    With just as much thrill and wonder as the Fellowship of the Ring, we find ourselves a bit farther on this remarkable journey. The relentlessly beautiful visuals are perhaps some of the finest cinematography of all-time. Another modern classic.
  37. Mar 27, 2012
    If you don't love this movie you should go to the doctor because you clearly have something inside of you that prevents you from recognizing the epitome of what is a perfect film.
  38. Dec 8, 2012
    The second chapter in the epic LotR trilogy. The Fellowship is disbanded, Frodo & Sam are venturing towards Mordor, Aragorn Legolas and Gimli fight for Gondor and prepare for the battle at Helms Deep and Merry & Pippin are travelling with the Ent's. Sauron is growing ever stronger and Golum finds the ring bearer. Peter Jackson is on top form yet again with The Two Towers and its the worst film in the trilogy. Expand
  39. Dec 6, 2013
    "LOTR: The Two Towers" is absolutely magnificent. It's more action-packed than the first and they're some of the greatest battle scenes ever. It's emotionally powerful and the story is brilliantly paced and even tops the first one. The extended edition's runtime, at 235 minutes, is absolutely tremendously exciting.
  40. Jun 17, 2012
    This film was my least favourite of the trilogy, but it was still fantastic. It was very well done and I can still watch it over and over again without being bored.
  41. Jul 3, 2012
    Good acting, top notch visuals, epic battle sequences and a gripping plot make LOTR The Two Towers my favorite movie in the trilogy, and probably my favorite movie period! This movie would be perfect if not for it's length, which is about 3 hours long.
  42. Jul 12, 2012
    In my opinion, the best of the Lord of the Rings films, and that's saying a lot. Not only does it duplicate everything that the franchise's first installment did right, it adds more of its own, such as the brilliantly made Battle of Helms Deep.
  43. Jul 9, 2014
    Just marvelous. It is hard for me to separate this one and the first film as it is just as magical and entrancing as its predecessors and while it does struggle from being a middle film, it never shows that struggle. As with the first film, the acting is beyond impressive, the script is great, the cinematography is great, and the action beautifully done. However, first and foremost worthy of praise is the special effects. How they do what they do is mesmerizing to me. In addition, the characters are completely engrossing and brilliant to watch as they transverse this immaculately designed and imagined world they live in. As with the first film, this film is the definition of an epic and is a stunningly great sequel to what was a great first film. I did not believe the first film could be improved upon (I do think this one is ever so slightly better), but dammit, it was. This one leaves you drooling waiting for the third film and the conclusion to this storyline. Expand
  44. Nov 7, 2012
    The movie it's a little worst than the last one.I asked myself:Why the movie was nominated to the Academy Award for best picture?I discovered that it wasn't nominated to Best Director or for Best Adapted Screenplay.I think in the voting it ranked at the lowest place(5th place).Two movies nominated for Best Picture the same year of that movie[2003(The three were released at 2002)]are:The Pianist and Chicago.There are two movies also nominated too. Expand
  45. Dec 4, 2012
    This movie was true to the books. Everything in the movie looked the way I imagined it looking when I read the book long ago when I was a boy. Although, I usually don't like CGI, the CGI in this trilogy is absolutely great. As are the costumes and sets. Gollum is the first CGI character from a serious film that I have liked. It is probably because he was basically a virtual puppet that an actual puppeteer,controlled and they recorded the data points in a computer and then drew the CGI around his movements. Way better than Jar Jar Binks in Start Wars lol! Expand
  46. Dec 5, 2012
    "The Two Towers" is a darker film than its predecessor, and a prelude to the events of "The Return of the King". A sense of foreboding pervades the film.
  47. Jan 3, 2013
    Thickening upon everything that made its predecessor great, Peter Jackson's second installment of his "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy makes for a wholly immersive and breathtaking narrative piece with continuously developing characters and an always-sensational bundle of set pieces.
  48. Dec 27, 2012
    Another great film however i did prefer the fellowship of the ring but it was still good, carrying on the amazing story line and developing the characters even more and of course introducing fully one of the most iconic characters Gollum.
  49. Dec 4, 2013
    This is where the story gets interesting. While Frodo and Sam continue on their separate journey to destroy the ring, Aragorn and the rest are caught in the battle to defend Rohan against Saruman's orcs. They choose to stay and help them. In other places we are introduced to talking trees called Ents.

The first two hours has more travelling as the characters struggle to reach places
    they need to be, often confronted by orcs or other men, and even the land itself. The people and culture of Rohan are introduced. Some new characters are introduced, the most interesting among them Eowyn, her brother Eomer, and Faramir. They are woven into the main story seamlessly. In fact I would have loved to watch Eowyn given a bigger role, seeing that there are no female major characters in the story.

This is also the instalment where we get the full dosage of the creature called Gollum. As interesting as he is when interacting with other characters in his queer manner, he is more intriguing in his monologues where he converses with himself, in a split-personality, between his two identities of his former somewhat sane self Smeagol and the villain Gollum. Andy Serkis is one hell of an actor. All his movements and expressions bring to life a character unprecedented in the history of cinema. The CGI used to create him does an incredible job in making him seem like a real creature roaming around the human-like characters, and it makes for a fun yet a piteous sight.

Gandalf comes back stronger than ever. He was my favourite character from the first movie, but is outshined this time around by Aragorn, against whom everyone is a minion in stage presence. The latter becomes quite a legend in the extended version when a bit of his past is discussed.

The main battle sequences are much more satisfying as Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli take a leading part in the fighting. Rohan defends itself by sheltering inside their fortress, Helm's Deep, while the orcs lay siege and charge repeatedly. All the rest shall have to be seen to evoke the full emotional impact. In the tradition of most epic films, Saruman the second-in-command is the main villain for this instalment. Sauron is the one behind pulling the strings.

People who may have had problems with Fellowship regarding the character development of characters such as Legolas and Gimli need not worry, because while they only come onscreen after an hour and a half in Fellowship (there was a lot of other stuff going on with the Hobbits, Gandalf, Aragorn and the Ringwraithes for us to even begin to think about anything else), they were there from the start in The Two Towers. They have larger roles and kill more orcs.

Despite everything, this movie felt as a continuation of an on-going tale and set up the next instalment when it ended. I would have held it against it if Peter Jackson hadn't done such a wonderful job bringing such magic to his version of Middle Earth. I believe that with minor tweaks, if it hadn't been the requirement of the story and this movie had been separate from the trilogy, it would be hailed as among the finest pieces of cinema in the genre of fantasy. But when discussing the greatest movies, I believe a film should qualify on its own merits. I must hold it in comparison against a great film from another franchise, The Empire Strikes Back (though it cost The Return of the Jedi in story), and come to the conclusion that it just missed the mark of greatness. Having said that, there were some sequences that were more memorable that any in the other instalments. One of course is the defence of Helm's Deep, for its ingenuity in the field of battle and tactics in general; the other are the scenes with the Gollum, who had a longer screen time than he had in The Return of the King.

It was well acted all around. The cinematography was up to the highest standards held by Jackson. The special effects as always couldn't have been better without ruining the effect and look. The score sounded better than ever.

This had to be the lesser of the three films, because as most trilogies go, the middle instalment is more often than not a chance to develop the characters and introduce new conflicts, and cannot function independently as the first instalment can, which is why the latter are often more liked than the sequels. In one regard in which it did a better job than the first movie, is it gave the orcs some semblance of dialogue, so while the illusion of their just being war-mongering brutes is not shattered completely, it still presented them as beings capable of thought and some reason.

I had a lower regard for The Two Towers, which was a disappointment to a certain degree, until I watched the extended edition which includes some light hearted moments and develops some secondary characters like Eowyn and Faramir significantly. This, among other things, turned my score from a generous 9 into a well-deserved 10; and tilted my preference in favour of The Two Towers over The Return.
  50. Jan 17, 2013
    The best movie from one of the best trilogies ever. Great battle and awesome story. LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  51. Dec 8, 2013
    Great follow up. Like most people are saying this one is more action packed. But that makes it slightly worse than the first one, which had more heart and introduced us to this magical world. Battles get too long at times. Overall it´s very good. We get to really discover Gollum (one of the biggest stars of the show obviously) and Frodo and Sam´s scenes keep being great and heart warming. One of the battle scenes is truly epic and beautiful. Still, the last chapter is the best. Expand
  52. Jul 14, 2014
    The second movie of the trilogy doesn't necessarily do anything different. It just continues the story of the first. But hot damn is it good. Just like the Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers is amazing in most every facet. Acting, cinematography, and storytelling are all on point.
    If you see the first, you would be doing yourself a disservice not to see the second.
  53. Apr 14, 2013
    I really did like this movie and the 3 hour runtime wasn't a big problem in this one because it kept you entertained the whole time. The absolute best part about The Two Towers is the special effects and the combat sequences. I was obsessed with this series for quite a while because it naturally draws people to it that like movies that are about adventures and trust me, it's quite an adventure.
  54. Mar 7, 2013
    It's the exact opposite of overvalued .It has VERY low rate -compared with the others- and it is the best of the 3. I'm really disappointed with the 3rd. And bored with it's style.
    Of course the Extended Editions were way better
  55. May 19, 2013
    The two towers is in my opinion the weakest film of the trilogy, as it does not correct the error of the first film, which was a small inconsistency, it increases this problem, it is very frustrating to be accompanied by an epic battle and suddenly the director cuts, and switches to a scene very quiet, but despite these errors the film behind a good story and that makes us more anxious for the end of the trilogy. Expand
  56. Jul 22, 2013
    de la charla salio la accion demostrando ademas los excelentes paisajes y originalidad medieval de algo que se aprovecho al maximo, gracios al gran trabajo de estas personas en este film.
  57. Jun 7, 2013
    Acting and scenery was just as fantastic as in the first movie. And while Sean Bean was done, Andy Serkis took a larger role as Gollum. This, along with the increased action, separated The Two Towers from Fellowship. Yes, it was a three hour movie, but the plot moved along seamlessly and included a great deal of drama with some humor mixed in. All and all, this is as close to a perfect movie as one can possibly get. I loved it. Expand
  58. Jun 24, 2013
    This movie is outstanding and unforgettable, with good visuals and impressive, bigger and better battles, it is equally good as the fellowship of the ring, it picks up were the first one end, for most sequels it is hard to do, easy to ruin, but here it is epic.
  59. Aug 31, 2013
    The second chapter of the trilogy is better than the first one but worse than the third one. The action is more this time and it's not as boring as the first chapter.
  60. Jul 14, 2013
    Not as good as the first film, this film may feel long in some parts but it still boasts of what the first film contained: great action, adventure, fantasy, good acting, great music and stunning cinematography. I think this is the worst of the trilogy, but it still is a great film nonetheless.
  61. Jul 24, 2013
    This movie is a great follow-up to the Fellowship of the Ring and equally good. The battle of Helm's Deep is sensational. There are some boring parts, especially the Ents but overall it is a masterpiece.
  62. Jul 11, 2014
    A fantastic continuation of the story by J.R.R Tolkien.

Just as The Fellowship of the Ring, is the opening scene just as cool and deep as it is stunning. It’s also an exiting and very well made film, and combined with the awesome music from Howard Shore, couldn't the film been done better. The action in this movie are just incredible to watch, and the story is spectacular! There are no
    negative parts of this movie, it’s just that it didn't feel as a 10.

Two Towers is both stunning, massive and deep.

The Two Towers gets a 9,5/10
  63. Feb 2, 2014
    Still fresh, The Lord of the Rings series' second installment is almost as good as the first, with slight imperfections that are easily overlooked. Overall, the movie is still a great epic.
  64. Nov 29, 2013
    This movie is a perfect sequel to Fellowship of the Ring. It doesn't have the absolute perfect thing, but it's almost flawless. The acting is overall just as good as the first one,, with a bit better graphics.
  65. Oct 27, 2013
    between the three movies of the series this is the worst(the less great),but still is another epical movie that deserves great scores,this is just the middle of the story.
  66. Mar 29, 2014
    The Two Towers is definitely my least favorite film in the Trilogy mainly because it kind of has that "middle-chapter" feeling to it; I also thought that there wasn't as much to behold in this film as the others, The Battles near the end were cool and also we got more introduced to some other characters but I just didn't find this film as great as the other two. However this is still an excellent film and I would still recommend watching it. Expand
  67. May 5, 2014
    A sequel on par with its predacessor. Still and insanely fun movie, on the long side, yes, but like the first film it never lets you get bored and it introduces you to one of the best villains....Gollum
  68. Jul 30, 2014
    Most times, second films struggle with reaching their predecessor's magnitude, and most times fail. "The Two Towers", however, feels like a natural continuation of "The Fellowship of the Ring", matching its storytelling strength and its visual excellence. The only thing missing from Jackson's triumph is the fact that its most characters are not as well developed as its sky-high film-making standards demand. Expand
  69. Oct 18, 2014
    In the second chapter in J.R.R Tolkien's epic trilogy, the Fellowship faces unimaginable armies and deception while also witnessing ancient wonders and the untapped strength of their people.

God forbid this should ever play on an IMAX screen -- the concussive soundtrack and relentless visuals would likely strike viewers deaf and blind (but what a way to go!). Simply breathtaking.
  2. Reviewed by: Ty Burr
    The miracle is that 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is better: tighter, smarter, funnier.
    A rousing adventure, a skillful marriage of special effects and computer animation, and it contains sequences of breathtaking beauty. It also gives us, in a character named the Gollum, one of the most engaging and convincing CGI creatures I've seen.