4.1

1. May 4, 2015
    ore. You can tell all of her songs came from the heart. The only thing that I have to say is that I don't think "Run The World (Girls)" fits into the album AT ALL. Other than that, the album is flawle
  2. May 4, 2015
    n save for a few solid laughs. I laughed, a LOT - far more than I expected to. With all of the cookie cutter schlock that has "something for everyone" box office appeal these days, my standards have become ridiculously low for comedies. This raised them right back up there, kinda like the original Hangover did. Cameron Diaz's Teacher is as fun as Billy Bob's Santa was. Hollywood should embrace the
  3. Mar 15, 2014
    This movie is the summary of a stoner's day dream after watching Austin Powers, but that's not a bad thing. I enjoyed this movie because of the Mike Myers jokes. I have no clue where he came up with this character, this character isn't as quotable or memorable as Austin or Cat in the Hat. The movie had the average Myers jokes, they defiantly aren't for the easily offended though. With dumbThis movie is the summary of a stoner's day dream after watching Austin Powers, but that's not a bad thing. I enjoyed this movie because of the Mike Myers jokes. I have no clue where he came up with this character, this character isn't as quotable or memorable as Austin or Cat in the Hat. The movie had the average Myers jokes, they defiantly aren't for the easily offended though. With dumb wiener jokes and a couple throw backs to the middle school shenanigans. Even then these kinds of jokes are all this movie has to offer though. But they are few and far between. This movie brought me little laughs and just isn't the Myers I know. What happened Myers? I hope you didn't loose your Mojo, baby, YEAH! (Bad Austin Powers reference keying in the fact that we need more Austin, Mike! Come on man!) Expand
  4. Aug 26, 2013
    I couldn't stop laughing for 2 days after I saw The Love Guru!!! I think that it's highly underrated and I don't understand why people do not like it!! I loved it though!!! Perfect!!!
  5. Jun 8, 2013
    My family and I are fans of Myers so we figure we'd at least get a good laugh out of it. Ended up being one of the worst films that I have ever seen. Just one god awful movie.
  6. Dec 28, 2012
    Quite easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen. My god is this awful. I don't think I laughed once, I just felt uncomfortable throughout the entire thing. Not a single one of these so called actors can act. Why is Justin Timberlake in movies? Why? He really shouldn't be. I'd like to punch him right in the testicles. I would rather chop my willy off than have to sit through thisQuite easily one of the worst movies I have ever seen. My god is this awful. I don't think I laughed once, I just felt uncomfortable throughout the entire thing. Not a single one of these so called actors can act. Why is Justin Timberlake in movies? Why? He really shouldn't be. I'd like to punch him right in the testicles. I would rather chop my willy off than have to sit through this again. Avoid at all costs people. Expand
  7. Nov 5, 2012
    The Love Guru is 90 minutes that plays like three hours. The film honestly feels like it was written by a couple of middle schools with crayons in about five minutes. Pure filth.
  8. Sep 2, 2012
    Might be one of the worst movies ever made. Nothing went right and Mike myers gave a disgraceful performance and the sad thing, that was the highlight. Made no sense, humor totally mindless and script that i swear to god was written by someone who was on cocaine.
  9. May 26, 2012
    Its far from having the best storytelling but the laughs are to be admired.
  10. Mar 3, 2012
    I didn't mind this movie, it was funny once and then a half decent watch the other few times. If you're expecting humour from Austin Powers series, it's there but it sometimes falls flat. The fact that celebrities like Sir Ben Kingsly, Justin timberlake, Stephen Colbert and Kanye West agreed to this was astounding. Verne Troyer plays a pretty good performance while Jessica alba's acting isI didn't mind this movie, it was funny once and then a half decent watch the other few times. If you're expecting humour from Austin Powers series, it's there but it sometimes falls flat. The fact that celebrities like Sir Ben Kingsly, Justin timberlake, Stephen Colbert and Kanye West agreed to this was astounding. Verne Troyer plays a pretty good performance while Jessica alba's acting is boring as all hell. Typically, It's Mike Myers Character, Guru Pitka who gets most of the laughs. If this ever airs on TV then you should watch it or at least rent it. it'll probably sit on your DVD shelf and be forgotten about. Expand
  11. Feb 19, 2011
    This is a movie that will keep you laughing from beginning to end, this may be a movie that will appeal to teenagers more than most adults, all in all this is a great comedy, one I would highly recommend.
  12. EnzoP.
    Jul 15, 2009
    The Love Guru is a laugh out loud explosive comedy. But I got to give this movie a 1 cause of how stupid it was. For instance in the ending it was showing to elephants humping each other. So I respect what Rob B was saying but it is to stupid for this movie to get good reviews.
  13. TylerN.
    Feb 6, 2009
    This is probably the most underrated movie I've ever seen. I put off watching it because of all the negative reviews but my wife and I were laughing out loud when we finally saw it. It's not Austin Powers but it is definitely not Mike Meyer's worst.
  14. RobB
    Sep 26, 2008
    For sure it wasn't the best movie he has done. but I laughed my ass off. but maybe I find those stupid comedies funny. my finace laughed all the way through it also and she doesn't like those kinds usually. so i think alot of you are just bing too harsh on this movie.
  15. JustinA.
    Sep 25, 2008
    When I first started watching this movie I thought it was terrible and not funny at all. But after I got past the first half I started to enjoy it. Jessica Alba and Justin Timberlake being in it definetly made it a better movie. Some parts were funny, like when Mike Myers sang a couple familar songs and rode humping elephants. It was not a horrible movie like the majority of critics say, When I first started watching this movie I thought it was terrible and not funny at all. But after I got past the first half I started to enjoy it. Jessica Alba and Justin Timberlake being in it definetly made it a better movie. Some parts were funny, like when Mike Myers sang a couple familar songs and rode humping elephants. It was not a horrible movie like the majority of critics say, but it wasn't great either. It was just average. Expand
  16. TimD.
    Sep 19, 2008
    this has to be without a doubt one of the lamest, least funny movies that has ever been produced. I can usually tell when a movie really sucks when the only review on the box is by some obscure critic, like the jackass from KGUN channel 9 who reviewed this. I am a huge Mike Myers fan, but I would really like to get my rental fee back and my two hours. I will watch anything with Jessica this has to be without a doubt one of the lamest, least funny movies that has ever been produced. I can usually tell when a movie really sucks when the only review on the box is by some obscure critic, like the jackass from KGUN channel 9 who reviewed this. I am a huge Mike Myers fan, but I would really like to get my rental fee back and my two hours. I will watch anything with Jessica Alba in, but even she couldn't help this Austin Powers remake. I hope Myers isn't falling into that "self serving" mode that destroys a lot of good comics. We did not laugh one time....even the outtakes were abysmal. Please do not make a sequel to this cinematic boil! Expand
  17. JayH.
    Sep 11, 2008
    Insultingly stupid, embarrassingly bad jokes sometimes. The occasional guest star appearances is amusing, but the movie is just dreadful and badly written.
  18. aam
    Sep 8, 2008
    This movie was pretty damn bad. and i'm sorry but anyone who gives it a 10 really has to find out what real comedy is. mike myers making poop noises and jokes and his erection is not really funny. if you give it a 10, go watch disaster movie maybe you will like that as well.
  19. JoelM.
    Jul 30, 2008
    This movie was better then what others are saying. Its not as good as his other movies but still worth seeing.
  20. GabB.
    Jul 28, 2008
    I walked into the theater with friends expecting a dumb yet funny film, then wished I was alone and could leave. There's a problem when so much of your jokes are based around the idea that the joke was not funny...anyway...
  21. MarkB.
    Jul 24, 2008
    It's hard to pinpoint exactly when it was that Mike Myers went over to the dark side, but it happened long before The Cat in the Hat. Most likely it occurred during the first 10 minutes of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, when Myers, wanting to make his shagadelic superspy a free agent again, betrays Elizabeth Hurley, the surprisingly believable (and endearing) romantic It's hard to pinpoint exactly when it was that Mike Myers went over to the dark side, but it happened long before The Cat in the Hat. Most likely it occurred during the first 10 minutes of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, when Myers, wanting to make his shagadelic superspy a free agent again, betrays Elizabeth Hurley, the surprisingly believable (and endearing) romantic interest from the original AP: International Man of Mystery, as well as all sense of continuity and logic by writing Hurley out of the series permanently, in just about the laziest and most perfunctory way possible. (Uh, what evidence was there in the original that Mimi Rogers gave birth to a fembot?) This marked the complete sacrifice of the sweetness and heart in Myers' movies in favor of increasingly gross and juvenile gags replete with Myers replacing wit with elaborate makeup stunts that don't exactly cause Rick Baker too many sleepless nights. In short, while Man of Mystery was filled with Myers' affection for James Bond, Matt Helm, Derek Flint, Burt Bachrach and 1960s British pop culture, the two sequels feature Myers' affection for nobody and nothing save Myers. Austin Powers is gone, baby, gone, but Myers' self-indulgent egomania lives on in the relentlessly puerile and painful The Love Guru, the least of whose sins is Myers' refusal to make his central character (an Indian spiritual teacher who contradicts his philosophies by being obsessed with materialism and one-upping Deepak Chopra) an object of even the most obvious satire; such is Myers' preening desire to have the audience love him, which results in one of the most preening, obnoxiously camera-hogging performances in recent movie history. ("Couldn't you just eat me up?" Myers asks. "Yes, and then puke you right back out," we reply.) The jokes themselves are so endlessly, assaultively crass and prepubescent (which can be forgivable, if they're funny) that even Myers' fellow Canadians Terrence and Philip would launch a protest campaign. Marco Schnabel's direction is so amateurish that viewers really come to appreciate Jay Roach's expert staging of even the flimsiest material in the Powers trilogy. Concerning the performances, when JESSICA ALBA comes across the best in a movie, you know it's in trouble; she's no actress by anybody's standards (except maybe her immediate family's) but as the unlucky owner of a hockey team whose star player is counseled by the hero, Alba is certainly pleasant, natural, and has an extremely winning smile--fortunately, due to Schnabel's ping-pong camera placement in her scenes with Myers, you at least get to see it exactly 50% of the time! Alba's costars don't come across quite so well, to say the least; as Myers' cross-eyed mentor, Sir Ben Kingsley (The Wackness) not only puts Sir Laurence Olivier's late career Polaroid commercials and The Jazz Singer in their proper perspective, but proves that it's possible to sink lower in one's career than working for director Uwe Boll. Stephen Colbert, playing a drug-addled sportscaster, cause moviegoers to seriously question the intelligence, slyness and wit he regularly brings to Comedy Central's The Colbert Report. Fortunately for Colbert, however, The Love Guru deservedly had very few moviegoers in attendance, so Colbert's reputation remains intact! Expand
  22. JC
    Jul 11, 2008
    This movie made me laugh so many times!
  23. DanO
    Jul 10, 2008
    As a fan of Waynes World, Austin Powers and even that Axe Murderer movie, and read the reviews and then went to theater thinking, "It cant be THAT bad"... It was and worse. I actually sat through the whole thing just waiting for one redeeming scene. Their aren't any.
  24. AlanHight
    Jul 10, 2008
    Would not have saw this movie because of all the poor ratings but i snuck in after watching Wall-E. Has lots of offensive humor including numerous penis jokes...I loved it....Lots of laughs..
  25. ssnupa-
    Jul 6, 2008
    This movie was so not funny. all the jokes are what every low humor 'comedy' is trying to do. sex jokes, fart noises. so boring i sat through it but i do not know why.
  26. PaulaG
    Jul 2, 2008
    Years from now the critics will rediscover this like they did So I Married an Axe Murderer.
  27. RobV.
    Jun 30, 2008
    I'm afraid to say that I can't watch this movie. There is just no way I can have enough suspension of disbelief to even contemplate the completely unrealistic, unbelievable, and unfathomable idea that the Leafs could ever win the Stanley Cup. Enjoy the phoniness, Mike Myers because that's the inly way that they will ever win!
  28. EricP.
    Jun 30, 2008
    Absolute crap. This movie was completely stupid, not funny and anyone who says this movie is funny has no idea what the hell they are talking about. The Happening was funnier than this and that was a Horror movie. Note to directors, stop making bad comedy movies, you're ruining the genre.
  29. HarryN
    Jun 29, 2008
    First time I laughed at a movie in a loooooooong time. Then again, what else funny has come out... MEET THE SPARTANS, I think not!
  30. JustinL.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Awful, dull-witted comedy. Mike Myers ruined the name of comedy. Somewhat racist to Hindus and French Québecois. His silly trashy humor used in Austin Powers was great, but this movie is a total wash.
  31. LogunS.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Basically Austin Power Part 4, just different characters. Lot's of silly, easy jokes. Hard to believe Mike Myers had a co writer on this one. But it was very hard to figure out which parts the co writer wrote as it was identical writing to the last 3 Austin Powers Movies. Not to say I didn't laugh at some of the jokes. It was just OK.
  32. MichaelB.
    Jun 23, 2008
    Do not support this trash! I walked out of this movie like many others did. We don't need raunchy jokes to be entertained. Good clean fun at the movies is what people yearn for. Please stand up for something and demand more from Hollywood!
  33. SteveB.
    Jun 22, 2008
    Not nearly as bad as the critics would have you think. Plenty of dumb Mike myers potty humor and inside jokes. It was much better than I would have thought.
  34. C.B.
    Jun 22, 2008
    If you love Mike Meyers, you will likely enjoy this film. If you don't love him, fasten your seatbelts for a crap storm.
  35. DanB
    Jun 22, 2008
    I laughed, giggled and smiled through this whole movie. As did my wife. I'm not sure why most critics didn't like it. Maybe it was too "foreign" for them. Thank you, Mike Myers, for another delightful time at the movies.
  36. RyanM.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Completely absurd and ridiculous!! Nothing original here. Mike Myers style of comedy and writing is out-dated and not very funny. Viewers are smarter these days than the Wayne's World shtick style humor. Mike needs to reinvent...
  37. JoeK.
    Jun 21, 2008
    He shoots, he misses, and the crowd boos!!!
  38. RobF
    Jun 21, 2008
    I went to this movie with a friend hoping for a movie so bad it was funny. What we got was a movie so bad we both walked out as the credits and gag reel rolled, our spirits broken, our stomachs turned in knots begging for us to to regurgitate the experience. If the CIA uses this film as a torture technique, I assure you it would be more effective than waterboarding.
    Jun 21, 2008
    8.5 really. It is a rather amusing comedy. I recommend it to the adolescents,like myself, out there.
  40. ChadS.
    Jun 20, 2008
    It hardly mattered that a lot of Americans were clueless as to what Mike Myers was satirizing when the titular character from "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" became something of a comic zeitgeist in the late-nineties and early 21st century. That voice alone, an instrument in which Myers played all the right mercurical and randy notes, transcended the typical American It hardly mattered that a lot of Americans were clueless as to what Mike Myers was satirizing when the titular character from "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" became something of a comic zeitgeist in the late-nineties and early 21st century. That voice alone, an instrument in which Myers played all the right mercurical and randy notes, transcended the typical American moviegoer's limited grasp of film history. Myers brought swinging London across the Atlantic, and for a brief period, he was the only comic actor that mattered. But subsequent sequels, were less funny, less swinging, as Myers' penchance for gross-out humor started to grow tiresome. Fat Bastard was his nadir. The trend continues here. Jokes about masturbation, flatulence, male genitalia, urine, and "midgets" inspires silence, not laughter. And worst of all, the voice isn't funny. The Guru Pitka sounds like a child molester. And hockey? A comedy about hockey and Deepak Chopra? Myers, whose last notable appearance was playing straight-man to Kanye West as the rapper told a post-Katrina audience on live television that George W. Bush didn't like black people, gets his revenge for playing the unwilling stooge. In "The Love Guru", there's the temptation to look at Darren Roanoke(Romany Malco), a black hockey player for the Toronto Maple Leafs, as a stand-in for West. For the record, Roanoke has a smaller penis than Jacques Grande(Justin Timberlake), and is scared of his mother. Think about it. What could be more emasculating to a rap artist? And finally, "The Love Guru" makes reference not just once(Coach Punch Cherkov's office is just like the seven-and-a-half floor in Charlie Kaufman's Martin Flemmer building), but twice, to Spike Jonze's "Being John Malkovich". The Los Angeles Times headline that proclaims Deepak Chopra's dominance over the Guru Pitka is an obscure reference to the John Cusack character bitching about living in the shadow of Derek Mantini(Ned Bellamy), who Craig Schwartz(Cusack) watches from his couch, as the populist puppeteer mounts a giant Emily Dickinson presentation("The Belle of Amherst") on live television. The Jonze film establishes a skewered world where puppeteers matter, as does "The Love Guru", which overstates the importance of spiritualists like Deepak Chopra in the popular culture. That's the only cerebral component in this puerile, mean-spirited, and above all else, cynical, film, that's purported to be a comedy, but is more like an object of performance art that deconstructs comedy and the human heart. Expand
  41. ChrisC.
    Jun 20, 2008
    The most mindlessly stupid moveie I have seen in years. Totallly unfunny..empty. Don't waste your money. We walked out half way through...after others in the cinema.
  42. MM
    Jun 17, 2008
    Solid comedy. Myers puts a lot of energy and clever double entendres into the film. As a movie it's not Shakespeare. But it really works for good laughs!

1. Not only does the film stumble badly from one skit to another, the skits themselves have too much dead air.
  2. Reviewed by: Brian Lowry
    So relentlessly juvenile as to merit a new twist on the PG-13 rating -- one that strongly cautions not only those under 13 but anyone much above it, too.
  3. Reviewed by: Ella Taylor
    Now and again some pungent writing leaks through to poke fun at the excruciating banality of guru wisdom. But mostly it’s dreary dick jokes and elephant poop, slack directing by Marco Schnabel, and, of all fatal errors, Mike Myers, shooting for cuddly.