5.6

1. Apr 29, 2012
    It is unbelievable just how awful this film really is. I'm happy to see Zac Efron further his career from the crap High school musical films, but in this film, he didn't fit the role AT ALL. Zac Efron and the word marine don't even sound right in the same sentence. The acting was dreadful, the story was cheesy (i know its Nicholas Sparks so i expected it) but this movie was just terrible.It is unbelievable just how awful this film really is. I'm happy to see Zac Efron further his career from the crap High school musical films, but in this film, he didn't fit the role AT ALL. Zac Efron and the word marine don't even sound right in the same sentence. The acting was dreadful, the story was cheesy (i know its Nicholas Sparks so i expected it) but this movie was just terrible. It was my girlfriends idea to see it (go figure) but even she was laughing through the entire film like myself. By the way Taylor Schilling has to be the worst actress i've ever scene on the big screen. She couldn't even fake cry, and when she started laughing while crying, she sounded like a retarded baby. This movie was just awful. Not enjoyable what so ever. The best acting in the film came from the little boy for christs sake. For once in a blue moon the critics actually got one right. This movie is the definition of terrible. Don't see it, its a waste of money, time, and precious brain cells. 0/10 Expand
  2. Apr 20, 2012
    This movie is almost identical to the notebook and other movies. This movie had its moments but most of the love moments have been seen in alot of other movies. The Lucky One is just another repetitive movie
  3. Nov 1, 2012
    I must begin by officially apologizing to the early 2012 Sparks-esque release
  4. Dec 5, 2012
    I went into this film, hoping for the best, but it just didn't deliver. Zac Efron gives the worst performance of his career, the writing is dreadful, and the story is just awkward. I didn't like it! I've seen worse, but I'd skip this one.
  5. May 25, 2013
    No, I did not like this movie. Why?
    -Nicolas Sparks novel adaptation (they all suck anyway)
    -Bad plot
    -Almost no chemistry between Zac Elfron and the girl he is dating

And that is about it.

1. Reviewed by: Emma Dibdin
    May 7, 2012
    A through-and-through weepie that's unlikely to convert any Sparks naysayers. The darker hues of its war-based story nonetheless make the sugary excesses easier to swallow.
  2. Reviewed by: Helen O'Hara
    Apr 30, 2012
    "The Notebook" may have had us blubbing but since then Nicholas Sparks adaptions have offered thin pickings for cinemagoers. For all Efron's boyish charms, this one could be the most ordinary of the lot.
  3. Reviewed by: Tal Rosenberg
    Apr 22, 2012
    As long as Efron's shirt comes off, he could play an accountant and no one in the target audience would care.