- Starring: Gabriel Byrne, Gérard Depardieu, Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, Leonardo DiCaprio
- Summary: The Musketeers' most glorious, and dangerous, adventure begins with the rescue of a mysterious prisoner from a fortress island prison. But they soon realize that their mission may lead to the destruction of the very throne they serve. (MGM)
- Director: Randall Wallace
- Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Drama, History
- More Details and Credits »
A mish-mash of accents (buffoonish Depardieu's French, somber Irons' British, and DiCaprio and Malkovich carrying the same voices they use for every project) are vaguely unsettling, and there seems to be too little swashbuckling for characters who are synonymous with the term.
60Heavy on swordplay and spectacle, it's so intent on reviving the costume epics of the past it doesn't realize it's trying to be too many things to too many people until it collapses under its own weight.
Published: July 14, 2010The star of this week's "Inception" might be adding another blockbuster to his filmography this week, but will he also be adding another critical hit? We look back at DiCaprio's best and worst films, to see where "Inception" might fit in.