6.0

1. Nov 28, 2012
    Jonathan Demme's reimagining of the classic political thriller proves to be a harrowing, powerfully acted, and solidly written piece of cinema.
  2. Apr 5, 2012
    Of course it is a good movie! I liked all the performances (Denzel Washington's was my less favourite but still fine), especially Meryl Streep's , but she never disappoints us! This film has flaws, but 98% of the movies do...so enjoy this one...! Entertaining for sure! This is one of the very few times when I agree with most of the critic, for a t this point, I don't care about the critics'views anymore, well.... I never did for they are often too full of themselves, and I find most of them have a cheap taste! So I rather trust in normal users, who rank movies because what they feel, not what they pretend they are ('The harsh critic') to build themselves a good reputation...but this time, I have to say the critics have greatly surprised me! Good on them! Expand

1. The updated classic is a chiller of a political thriller in its own right.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Structurally and thematically similar to John Frankenheimer's original but entirely different in style, feel and nuance, this political thriller about a brainwashed soldier being positioned for the White House provides a delectable network of dramatic tripwires that teases the mind and quickens the pulse. This is brainy popcorn fare.
  3. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    A hugely entertaining thriller shot through with dark shards of agony and paranoia. It takes nothing away from the original while delivering pleasures all its own.