5.6

1. GerronK
    Aug 6, 2007
    The Marine has its problems, a lot of them doing with the acting and its sometimes weird comedic timing, but for the most part it's an entertaining action movie which know well enough not to take itself seriously. I mean, it could be a whole lot worse.
  2. TerryM.
    Oct 15, 2006
    A surprisingly awesome movie.
  3. GeorgeC
    Semper Fi!
  4. Ryencoke
    Oct 18, 2006
    I was very, very surprised. The movie wasn't horrible by any means, wasn't good either. It was just a pure action flick. Many parts were stupid, and cheesy. Otherwise a good action flick.
  5. Sam
    Jan 31, 2007
    A nice action/fight movie with absolutely no story plot. Worth watching when your in the mood for watching just alot of beatings.
  6. Walker
    Oct 13, 2006
    Hour and a half to kill.? Don't want to think? Want some explosions and a few chuckles? Perfect movie for those reasons alone.
  7. HaleyC
    Oct 23, 2006
    The best action movie in a long time!
  8. Daddy
    May 12, 2008
    A simple explosive action movie. No confusing storyline to hinder the action, and enough "action-movie" humour. To boot, the wife is the hottest bit of crumpet I've seen on the big screen for a while. Yummy! :D
  9. JordanS
    May 15, 2009
    Great movie! It had a All-Star cast!
  10. JonathanS
    Oct 24, 2006
    The best action movie since Triple X.
  11. BubbaF.
    Feb 2, 2007
    Poor Mr. Patrick. You were the T-1000 15 years ago. Then you were Agent Dogget 5 years ago. Now you're in this steaming pile of trash. Congratulations, your career has finished heading downhill and is officially over. I watched this movie for free and still feel ripped off. Just absolutely retarded movie, from beginniing to end with the only redeeming quality being that it is so bad, Poor Mr. Patrick. You were the T-1000 15 years ago. Then you were Agent Dogget 5 years ago. Now you're in this steaming pile of trash. Congratulations, your career has finished heading downhill and is officially over. I watched this movie for free and still feel ripped off. Just absolutely retarded movie, from beginniing to end with the only redeeming quality being that it is so bad, you might enjoy making fun of it. It just angers me so much that people actually gave this movie a decent review and gave me hope. How dare you? P.S. Did anyone else notice the cop car's tires get shot out one second and somehow repair themselves the next? Expand
  12. PattyBoyKillahTheSavior
    Dec 2, 2007
    Drop a steaming pile of dump on a plate and watch it for two hours, because it will be more entertaining that "The Marine." John Cena is a horrible, pathetic actor and he makes a mockery of the Marine Corps with his less than tactical fighting skills. F' this movie, it sucks.
  13. M.S.
    Oct 15, 2006
    Simply the worst movie I can remember seeing. Its not even worth a buck at a dollar movie theater!
  14. Agnes
    YUK!
  15. RickyQ
    Oct 19, 2006
    I went in with really low expectations but still left upset. I expect action movies to at least be fun but when they start to get repetitive, it ruins the whole movie. [***SPOILERS***] Three buildings blow up with Cena in them or jumping out of them. The only real plus is the couple of chuckles in the film and the car chase sequence. Even if your a Cena fan, stay away!
  16. MajedM.
    Mar 3, 2007
    VERY BAD MOVIE. From the first 10min. to the end it was stupid. The guy takes 100 men out by himself...how retarded is that. Tries to make the Marines look like they are AMAZING. They are just men, not robots. If he was a robot then I would say OK that was good. But he isn't. STUPID MOVIE...half way my friends and I had to stop watching it.
  17. RichardC.
    Oct 13, 2006
    Worst movie ever! It's even worse than a Van Damme direct-to-video flick. There's no surprise in this movie. Everything in this movie has been done better before.
  18. AlexR
    Dec 27, 2007
    I entered the theater thinking I was going to see a good old-fashioned action flick about the marines; and i didn't expect the plot to be well-written. The plot was exactly how I thought it would be, however, the action, can hardly be called so. There was nothing good about the movie: the action was terrible, Cena's acting is horrible, and to top it all off, the protagonist was I entered the theater thinking I was going to see a good old-fashioned action flick about the marines; and i didn't expect the plot to be well-written. The plot was exactly how I thought it would be, however, the action, can hardly be called so. There was nothing good about the movie: the action was terrible, Cena's acting is horrible, and to top it all off, the protagonist was fired in te first 5 minutes of the movie... so the movie wasn't even about a marine. Expand
  19. Mar 29, 2012
    I'm not a John Cena fan, but I will give him credit that he's definitely not a bad actor. The cast was pretty good too, I love Patrick Stewart's character. But the downside is the movie itself and the plot. I was lousy, cliche, and no brainer. It doesn't bring up the excitement or the fun of it like many action movies do. You can just expect what's gonna happen in a second. The final fightI'm not a John Cena fan, but I will give him credit that he's definitely not a bad actor. The cast was pretty good too, I love Patrick Stewart's character. But the downside is the movie itself and the plot. I was lousy, cliche, and no brainer. It doesn't bring up the excitement or the fun of it like many action movies do. You can just expect what's gonna happen in a second. The final fight scene was too short, actually all of them are. I do like some of the action scenes, but 1 problem was there was too many explosion scenes. Seriously, I think there was like 7 or 8 of them. I saw this in theaters when I was 14 and was a big John Cena and I liked this movie. Now at the age of 19, and a big movie guy from watching Die Hard, Rambo, Speed, Demolition Man, Terminator, Lethal Weapon, Commando, Robocop, etc. I find this poorly made and putted on the back of the line from many other action films I had fun watching. Expand
  20. Mar 5, 2011
    This is a great movie I feel a lot of people will enjoy, it mixes humor and action, has an enjoyable plot, all in all if your looking for a good action movie to watch look no further.
  21. Mar 4, 2012
    The Marine is a film, strangely, not so much about a United States marine, but about a diamond thief and his cronies, and the crazy hijinks they get up to. Pursuing them is an ex-marine, John Triton, an action hero lifted straight from a Steven Seagal film and thrown head-first into this one. Though Cena has a better physique for beating up criminals, is young enough to perform his scenesThe Marine is a film, strangely, not so much about a United States marine, but about a diamond thief and his cronies, and the crazy hijinks they get up to. Pursuing them is an ex-marine, John Triton, an action hero lifted straight from a Steven Seagal film and thrown head-first into this one. Though Cena has a better physique for beating up criminals, is young enough to perform his scenes without a stand-in, is audible in his line delivery, and is believable in his role; he just doesn't have any of the Seagal charm. Cena is lifeless and unbackable - which is a shame - because the film itself (for the most part) is a lot of good-natured Transporter-style theatrics and 1980s worship. The film can be hella goofy; there are several moments where the dialogue is a little questionable, and there are a few instances of awkward self-awareness - but it can all be put aside considering the entertainment value. If you go into this with the right mindset, it is unlikely you will be disappointed. Lots of things explode (including Cena himself, more than once), and it is often a riot when they do. While this is all fine and dandy, there needs to be even more action. In about the middle of the film there is a noticeable slump; like holding a long piece of rope at both ends at a short distance. The action sequences need not be written or directed any better, they just need to be more frequent. Watching Cena be driven through explosive barrels, wooden huts and plated steel sheds is absolutely hysterical - especially when he comes out of it feeling perfectly fine, but the sad truth is that he doesn't do a whole lot of hurting others; in fact, the only death I can remember being directly from his actions is the final boss' (played by the T-1000, Robert Patrick). Stick The Marine on if you ever feel the need to wallow in action movie nostalgia, or if you have a penchant for things that are so bad they're good. Expand
  22. Jun 9, 2013
    Patrick is ok as a villain but the rest of the cast is just awful, Cena is simply laughable. The plot is stupid and why the action maybe a little eye appealing to morons, the ones who gave it a positive review, it's really not that good at all. It's just one piece of trash movie that gets nothing right.
  23. Aug 5, 2013
    Really awesome action film!!! Patrick is the best, Cena is awesome!!! Best film of WWE Studios, better than See No Evil or Condemned. Hope to see it again!!!

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    Lunkheaded but entertaining action flick.
  2. The film's saving grace are its fast pacing and generous doses of humor, the latter of which is mostly provided by Robert Patrick's sly delivery of the many wisecracks doled out by his villainous character.
  3. Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    Tongues are planted firmly in cheek; it’s impossible to endorse a full price ticket, but fans of campy action should check this out.