5.6

1. Mar 29, 2012
    I'm not a John Cena fan, but I will give him credit that he's definitely not a bad actor. The cast was pretty good too, I love Patrick Stewart's character. But the downside is the movie itself and the plot. I was lousy, cliche, and no brainer. It doesn't bring up the excitement or the fun of it like many action movies do. You can just expect what's gonna happen in a second. The final fight scene was too short, actually all of them are. I do like some of the action scenes, but 1 problem was there was too many explosion scenes. Seriously, I think there was like 7 or 8 of them. I saw this in theaters when I was 14 and was a big John Cena and I liked this movie. Now at the age of 19, and a big movie guy from watching Die Hard, Rambo, Speed, Demolition Man, Terminator, Lethal Weapon, Commando, Robocop, etc. I find this poorly made and putted on the back of the line from many other action films I had fun watching. Expand
  2. Mar 5, 2011
    This is a great movie I feel a lot of people will enjoy, it mixes humor and action, has an enjoyable plot, all in all if your looking for a good action movie to watch look no further.
  3. Mar 4, 2012
    The Marine is a film, strangely, not so much about a United States marine, but about a diamond thief and his cronies, and the crazy hijinks they get up to. Pursuing them is an ex-marine, John Triton, an action hero lifted straight from a Steven Seagal film and thrown head-first into this one. Though Cena has a better physique for beating up criminals, is young enough to perform his scenes without a stand-in, is audible in his line delivery, and is believable in his role; he just doesn't have any of the Seagal charm. Cena is lifeless and unbackable - which is a shame - because the film itself (for the most part) is a lot of good-natured Transporter-style theatrics and 1980s worship. The film can be hella goofy; there are several moments where the dialogue is a little questionable, and there are a few instances of awkward self-awareness - but it can all be put aside considering the entertainment value. If you go into this with the right mindset, it is unlikely you will be disappointed. Lots of things explode (including Cena himself, more than once), and it is often a riot when they do. While this is all fine and dandy, there needs to be even more action. In about the middle of the film there is a noticeable slump; like holding a long piece of rope at both ends at a short distance. The action sequences need not be written or directed any better, they just need to be more frequent. Watching Cena be driven through explosive barrels, wooden huts and plated steel sheds is absolutely hysterical - especially when he comes out of it feeling perfectly fine, but the sad truth is that he doesn't do a whole lot of hurting others; in fact, the only death I can remember being directly from his actions is the final boss' (played by the T-1000, Robert Patrick). Stick The Marine on if you ever feel the need to wallow in action movie nostalgia, or if you have a penchant for things that are so bad they're good. Expand
  4. Jun 9, 2013
    Patrick is ok as a villain but the rest of the cast is just awful, Cena is simply laughable. The plot is stupid and why the action maybe a little eye appealing to morons, the ones who gave it a positive review, it's really not that good at all. It's just one piece of trash movie that gets nothing right.
  5. Aug 5, 2013
    Really awesome action film!!! Patrick is the best, Cena is awesome!!! Best film of WWE Studios, better than See No Evil or Condemned. Hope to see it again!!!

1. Reviewed by: Ken Fox
    Lunkheaded but entertaining action flick.
  2. The film's saving grace are its fast pacing and generous doses of humor, the latter of which is mostly provided by Robert Patrick's sly delivery of the many wisecracks doled out by his villainous character.
  3. Reviewed by: Luke Y. Thompson
    Tongues are planted firmly in cheek; it’s impossible to endorse a full price ticket, but fans of campy action should check this out.