6.5

1. May 23, 2015
    The actors are really good and like always Jim Carrey's overacting is pretty awesome.The scenario is interesting but some of the jokes were not that funny and the movie was far too childish.
  2. Mar 5, 2015
    despite the highly creative fun that goes on i consider this movie a five because it just gets a five....perhaps its just annoying to see carry hit on someone throughout....if your looking for a surprise this is the one for you.
  3. Jan 3, 2015
    Jim Carrey... Mask... A dangerous combination, which works like a hurricane! And Milo, our favorite dog... :D Trust him to save the day when all else fails! Perhaps the visual side of the movie isn't all too believable, but then again, I think that's the point! Fun, hilarious, perhaps on its best when watched for the first time - and then with several years in between. On its own, theJim Carrey... Mask... A dangerous combination, which works like a hurricane! And Milo, our favorite dog... :D Trust him to save the day when all else fails! Perhaps the visual side of the movie isn't all too believable, but then again, I think that's the point! Fun, hilarious, perhaps on its best when watched for the first time - and then with several years in between. On its own, the movie would suck so bad, but this is The Mask, and all things in the movie are very much "in character", so there should be no whining. Expand
  4. Nov 30, 2013
    It's utterly ridiculous and has an outrageous script, yet Jim Carrey as the unpredictable and zany masked hero makes the film exciting to watch as he constantly manages to reel out the laughs.
  5. Sep 29, 2013
    For what it was when it came out, it was great.

But, even in the 90s this movie was perhaps a bit too cartoony for its own good and could have used a bit more overall depth. Overall: The mask looks and feels like one long old school slapstick cartoon. It does have a few serious moments that suit the movie very well, but they are few and overshadowed by the comedy. Still, a fun
    For what it was when it came out, it was great.

Overall:

Still, a fun and entertaining movie, a shame it wasn't more.
  6. May 21, 2013
    One of my favourites from the 90's and a Jim Carrey classic! It's not his best but its certainly up there and was a film that really made a name for himself. Concept is a little silly but Carrey makes it work so well with his witty Comedy, and it had a rather clever storyline. Cameron Diaz also shines in her film debut as Tina, and the two have great chemistry on screen. Overall it's aOne of my favourites from the 90's and a Jim Carrey classic! It's not his best but its certainly up there and was a film that really made a name for himself. Concept is a little silly but Carrey makes it work so well with his witty Comedy, and it had a rather clever storyline. Cameron Diaz also shines in her film debut as Tina, and the two have great chemistry on screen. Overall it's a classic 90's Comedy and one I would be surprised that you haven't already seen! Expand
  7. Apr 7, 2013
    This film, in my opinion, really captures everything that is great about Jim Carrey: from a down-on-his-luck guy to a fun maniac. This is easily one of his best films.
  8. Nov 28, 2012
    With Jim Carrey in the titular role, I figured that "The Mask" would have been a riot. Turns out that it's only mildly entertaining. Jim Carrey is the best part of this movie, but that's not really saying much, for it's nowhere near his best role. The comedy is hit or miss at best, and the plot is extremely predictable. However, I did find the visuals to be surprisingly impressive for aWith Jim Carrey in the titular role, I figured that "The Mask" would have been a riot. Turns out that it's only mildly entertaining. Jim Carrey is the best part of this movie, but that's not really saying much, for it's nowhere near his best role. The comedy is hit or miss at best, and the plot is extremely predictable. However, I did find the visuals to be surprisingly impressive for a early 90's movie. "The Mask" isn't bad it's just. . .decent, and worth seeing. . . .for free. Expand
  9. Nov 16, 2012
    What kind of super hero is he? half the movie he spends his time trolling the police/gangsters. Still i found it hilarious when i was a kid. It is a good movie to watch for entertainment value.
  10. Aug 15, 2012
    The Mask is a outright children's classic. Grotesque, funny and full of color it's guaranteed to send kids into a Loki fueled frenzy. For adults, The Mask makes for a nostalgic, sporadically funny but ultimately flawed movie. Love that dog, though!
  11. May 8, 2012
    The Mask is an explosively fun and hilarious film filled with cheesy and comical scenes that you just can't help laughing at. "Tell Scarlet I DO give a damn!"
  12. j30
    Jan 26, 2012
    The Mask is good movie on a small level, it's entertaining, it's relatively funny, and it introduces us to Cameron Diaz. It is certainly not a must-see, great movie, but just simply OK?
  13. Nov 12, 2011
    "The Mask" is very childesh in a general term despite it's elite CGI. BUT. It's Jim Carrey's half real, half animated acting that saves the movie.
  14. Sep 29, 2011
    This is without doubt one of Jim Carreys best movies.

Jim performs in the way only he can, I consider this one of my all time favourite movies, and I could watch it over and over and never get bored of it.

Cameron Diaz looks incredible in this movie, probably the best she's ever looked in her career, she is quite litterally 'Smokin' watch her first scene in the bank, and you'll know what I mean!
  15. Apr 1, 2011
    You know Jim Carrey will always put on a great show. Good but I've seen better I have to admit.
  16. Mar 27, 2011
    My favourite Jim Carrey movie of all time. The Mask tells the tale of Stanley Ipkiss (Jim Carrey), the typical nice guy who, unfortunately, always finishes last. He then finds a mythical mask and when he puts it on, he is transformed into a love-lorn, confident, zoot-suited, green faced maniac who performs extraordinary feats, all obviously influenced by cartoons. This film is filled withMy favourite Jim Carrey movie of all time. The Mask tells the tale of Stanley Ipkiss (Jim Carrey), the typical nice guy who, unfortunately, always finishes last. He then finds a mythical mask and when he puts it on, he is transformed into a love-lorn, confident, zoot-suited, green faced maniac who performs extraordinary feats, all obviously influenced by cartoons. This film is filled with such a number of iconic scenes ("The Mask and Tina dancing in Club Congo Bongo", "The Mask and the cops having a full out dancing session") and is packed to the brim with briilliant references and gags. The truly best jokes occur when Jim Carrey is The Mask. The film isn't just full of comedy or of cartoon gags, theres also character progression, as the more Stanley is the Mask persona, the more confident he becomes when he's himself, especially when he stands up to his spoilt heir of a boss. The beginning of when Stanley first realises his power he declares he could do the dreamed thing and be a superhero, but rather does the human thing: he uses the powers to solve his problems. He gets revenge on the rip-off car repairmen by shoving huge car exhaust pipes up their asses, he uses his Mask persona to woo Cameron Diaz (come on men, who of us wouldn't?) and robs a bank (the last one was more of a heat of the moment thing) Stanleys dog, Milo, is definately the best dog I have seen on TV and film. He manages to follow his kidnapped owner to the police station, even helping him to escape, he manages to escape from a cop car when the Detective cannot and even wears the mask at one point to help his owner best the gangsters. By the end of the film, you'll want a dog just like Milo. Detective Kellerman is a great antagonist for Stanley, investigating into the Mask. He's the kind of antagonist who manages to be a serious character and, whilst being serious, manages to make the audience laugh (with the help of dimwitted partner Doyle) The effects really hold up well nowadays, not looking cheap or too computer generated. The Masked Milo looks a tad on the cheap side, but you'll get over it. The Mask is a fun film which takes it's influences from cartoons and is not afraid to show that off. Even if you're not a Jim Carrey fan, you must admit, there's no one more perfect for this role than Jim himself. Truly Sssssmokin' Expand
  17. Mar 13, 2011
    Truly one of Carrey's greatest films. He is amazing and his true comical side shines in this. Him, along with the very attractive Cameron Diaz make this a film you can watch over and over again without it losing it's comic value.
  18. Oct 26, 2010
    now thats what I wanna see since I was a little child back at the early 90s. awesome entertainment, great visuals, and radical comedy.

Carrey has yet to find the perfect vehicle for himself, but The Mask, while hardly as fantastic as it should have been, is a step in the right direction.
    The result is a movie character who seems half real, half animated.
  3. The Mask, a rattletrap Jekyll-and-Hyde farce, surrounds Carrey with a nothing plot and a cast of ciphers. Still, his scenes as the Mask are rowdy and enjoyable.