Columbia Pictures | Release Date: August 2, 2002
2.4
Generally unfavorable reviews based on 125 Ratings
WATCH NOW
asylumspadezNov 27, 2011
It is one of those films that is just so stupid that its funny and once you relize this, You finally see how terrible it is. Horrible acting, Horrible plot, Horrible everything.
CroReviewsJun 17, 2013
This movie has no potential whatsoever. Jokes are bad, plot is stupid and it's just dissapointing. This movie can be summed up in two words: bin material.
EvilGeniusJan 14, 2006
People are a little to harsh about this movie ... yes, it's bad, yes, it's stupid, but that's the POINT. It's fun if you want to watch a dumb movie and laugh at the sheer dumbness of it and be amused at the wtf moments. People are a little to harsh about this movie ... yes, it's bad, yes, it's stupid, but that's the POINT. It's fun if you want to watch a dumb movie and laugh at the sheer dumbness of it and be amused at the wtf moments. It's stupidly amusing which is part of its appeal I think. Definitely not good for everyone but it's better if you don't take it seriously. Expand
3 of 3 users found this helpful
DanB.Dec 31, 2006
Although this movie was pointless and boring, I'm surprised to see it in the "worst-movies-of-all-time-genre" It provided mild entertainment and was reasonably well done. There are certainly worse movies out there, like Waterworld and Biodome.
2 of 2 users found this helpful
TheQuietGamerSep 5, 2011
I remember watching this back when I was 8 or 9 when it first came out and I loved it, and after watching it again after a long time I don't really enjoy it anymore, I only chuckled once or twice, but for most of the movie I was kind ofI remember watching this back when I was 8 or 9 when it first came out and I loved it, and after watching it again after a long time I don't really enjoy it anymore, I only chuckled once or twice, but for most of the movie I was kind of bored, it all seems so poorly put together now, so if you've got a young kid, they will love it as most of the humor is juvenile (and not exactly vulgar), but older audiences will find the plot stupid and rushed, the main character a idiot who just repeats what every other character just said, and realize how throughout the whole movie they rely on the same jokes used over, and over, and over again, so this one is for the kids, adults can avoid. Expand
Fink-Nov 28, 2005
I think it was pretty stupid and I agree with Mark M. it does have much to do with your maturity. But it gets a solid 2 just beacuse it had one part that gave me a hint of laughter.
2 of 3 users found this helpful
RayCAug 7, 2008
Now I understand why Dana Carvey's career ended. It's more disappointing than funny, because in the end all the funny bits of this movie, which there were few, were nothing but a bunch of fart jokes that a five year old could Now I understand why Dana Carvey's career ended. It's more disappointing than funny, because in the end all the funny bits of this movie, which there were few, were nothing but a bunch of fart jokes that a five year old could write. I feel ashamed that I picked out this movie to watch with my family. Don't even get this movie for free, because this movie will make you feel worse off than if you didn't see this movie. Expand
SayerJul 24, 2007
If this movie had been around 40 years ago, it definitely would have been used by the Viet Cong as a method of torture. All that money wasted in creating this piece of crap. That's agonizing.
GerrickCAug 24, 2008
This movie is three things: not funny, not entertaining, and not worth your time. I started watching this movie but I turned it off soon after because it was idiotic. I tried again the next day but I had to turn it off again because it This movie is three things: not funny, not entertaining, and not worth your time. I started watching this movie but I turned it off soon after because it was idiotic. I tried again the next day but I had to turn it off again because it became too idiotic. Don't watch this movie. Expand
NvizoNNov 5, 2012
This movie is not a cinematic masterpiece. It does not have brilliant writing. It is not the greatest movie you will ever see. It IS, however, a goofy family movie and should be treated as such. There are some humorous moments with some ofThis movie is not a cinematic masterpiece. It does not have brilliant writing. It is not the greatest movie you will ever see. It IS, however, a goofy family movie and should be treated as such. There are some humorous moments with some of the disguises that Pistachio uses. Your kids are likely to enjoy it, and you will likely enjoy it with them. Even if you don't have kids, you should still watch it just because it's dumb humor. You won't have to think about it, and it makes a lot of references to popular movies such as Jaws. This is a fun, family movie, and should be treated as such. Expand
NickN.Jun 9, 2007
Excellent film. Instant classic. Slam dunk. One ticket for master of disguise please!
1 of 3 users found this helpful
JayC.Jun 25, 2003
This movie has absolutely no comedy in it. Its funny for the kids and the accent thing is cute but this is just stupid. I laughed once... Rent this for the kids they will laugh the first time they see it and then they will forget about it.
1 of 3 users found this helpful
JohnC.Apr 9, 2009
This movie was freakin awesome you all are a bunch of losers because you think its stupid.
1 of 6 users found this helpful
JoeMamaMar 27, 2009
The Master of Disguise sucks balls! I know because I'm Joe Mama and I know movies!
0 of 1 users found this helpful
IcanDoItBetterOct 3, 2011
This is one of the best movies I have ever seen, even though stupid with bad acting, that pretty much is the point. There are plenty of good movies like this, with lines so ridiculous you just have to laugh. The main character(Pistachio) isThis is one of the best movies I have ever seen, even though stupid with bad acting, that pretty much is the point. There are plenty of good movies like this, with lines so ridiculous you just have to laugh. The main character(Pistachio) is very funny. The supporting characters, although lame only add to the spot on humor.
Let me warn, there is some possibility of hating, but for I, it's hilarious.
disneycriticJan 8, 2013
I can't see why everybody dislikes this movie. I thought Dana was hilarious at acting in this movie. In fact, I'd pay any amount of money for the turtles guy suit. I thought it was hilarious and I think the impersinations were wonderful. II can't see why everybody dislikes this movie. I thought Dana was hilarious at acting in this movie. In fact, I'd pay any amount of money for the turtles guy suit. I thought it was hilarious and I think the impersinations were wonderful. I catch this way better than John Carter. Expand
WhatacriticiamApr 11, 2015
This movie is so bad it is funny to laugh at it. Actually you should watch I didn't leave till the end. It was hilarious. I would buy the turtle guy suit though and there were 2 or 3 moments I actually found funny.
ZilcellMay 10, 2012
Its got a few funny moments and some clever disguises, but everything else is downright outrageous and the characters are really not very interesting.
HMWMar 9, 2012
Don't listen to anyone else, either you love or hate this movie, form your own opinion. Every time I see this movie I crack up, its so funny! Dana Carvey should really start acting acting, he's a great actor.
troydevinny545Jun 16, 2014
I hated this film. This should be renamed The Master of Disgrace because of how disgraceful it is! So Unfunny, It Rips off a Scene from one movie and it's retarded.
alexalexalexaleApr 2, 2015
The worst comedy film i have ever seen!This movie make lock jack and jil like the best comedy.........................................................
thedude898Jul 30, 2015
Great movie in it's own right. May not be a cinematic masterpiece but its a classic in it's own way. I watched this movie tons of times when I was a kid and I loved it, and it's still fun to watch today.
srw2K14Mar 9, 2016
This is without a doubt the worst Happy Madison movie of all time. The jokes are horrible and Dana Carvey's voice is incredibly annoying. The audience must put up with cheap gags that a 6-year-old could've came up with. Every bad joke is inThis is without a doubt the worst Happy Madison movie of all time. The jokes are horrible and Dana Carvey's voice is incredibly annoying. The audience must put up with cheap gags that a 6-year-old could've came up with. Every bad joke is in this movie. The most annoying joke is the turtle guy. It makes no sense. If the protagonist's want to blend in, than why would they want to draw attention? It's amazing how bad this movie is. The turtle guy is always the one that's marketed the most. He looks and acts completely retarded. The whole movie is just a cluster of the worst jokes imaginable. Some people say it's so bad it's good, and I'll respect that because that still means it's a bad movie. It's good for 4-year-olds who haven't moved past fart jokes, but if thats not you, stay away because this movie sucks. Expand
MordoReviewerJun 16, 2016
As nostalgia critic said once: "Instead of a comedy, I'll look it more as a cinematography suicide"
It's one of the worst comedies of all time, trying all the time to make you laugh but it can't because it's so stupid and annoying, a perfect movie for the Happy Madison fans and Donald Trump followers.