6.2

1. Aug 24, 2014
    A trippy movie that manages to be funny as hell while making very little sense. That's how I would sum up this movie, but then, it wouldn't be entirely fair; the beginning and the middle of the film were very good, but the end made me frown a lot - while laughing or grinning like a fool. I wasn't sure about the motivation of the characters, really, or the big picture behind it all, but IA trippy movie that manages to be funny as hell while making very little sense. That's how I would sum up this movie, but then, it wouldn't be entirely fair; the beginning and the middle of the film were very good, but the end made me frown a lot - while laughing or grinning like a fool. I wasn't sure about the motivation of the characters, really, or the big picture behind it all, but I guess I'll get it one day. Or not.

Either way, Ewan McGregor and George Clooney were very funny. Kevin Spacey was kind of badass, but cool. Robert Patrick had definitely changed from his days in The X-Files (he didn't have a major role, but I had to mention this since I was so shocked when I saw him).

Anyway, the movie isn't as much about goats - or is it? - as it is about men in a very special unit within the US army. What could be psychic warriors is actually a group of hippies, more or less, but some of them have more talent than the others. Or do they?

The story is very amusing, told from Ewan's character's point of view, and when a reporter?s skepticism finally begins to turn into actual belief - at least somewhat - the plot suffers a little. But not much.

Whether I understood the story or not, I have to say watching this movie was worth every second, because there were so many priceless moments.
  2. Aug 6, 2014
    A little gem, as crazy as poignant!! You enjoy every minute !! Ewan McGregor and George Clooney give us a fantastic duo, full of surprises, emotion and, mostly, laughs... A good reflection on the importance given to our faith. I love this parallel between the wacky humour's side, and the serious side, at the end of the movie... Yes, after all, we all need Jedi Knights !!
  3. Jun 16, 2011
    I liked it and was touched by this story about beliefs, like winning a war with love instead of violence, the movie made â
  4. Jun 4, 2011
    Apparently based more in fact than you might believe, this movie is by turns satirical, amusing and poignant. An original indie with a great cast. Clooney and Bridges do not disappoint
  5. Feb 11, 2011
    The cast and premise are great, but the scriptwriting falls flat. It should have been much funnier, but it was well acted and had some good moments. You can't help feeling that the talent was largely wated.
  6. Sep 19, 2010
    I really don't understand why people hated this movie. It's hysterical! Clever, dry and flat-out nonsensical. Fantastic cast and extremely entertaining.

1. Reviewed by: Deborah Young
    Even if The Men Who Stare at Goats is not worth comparing to "Dr. Strangelove," it should satisfy audiences with its great cast and patent absurdities, coated in quaint nostalgia for the happy hippie days of yore.
  2. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    A superbly written loony-tunes satire, played by a tony cast at the top of its game.
  3. Reviewed by: Mark Salisbury
    An often highly amusing comedy in the vein of "Catch 22" and "Dr Strangelove," this lively satire looks destined for future cult status. Great soundtrack, too.