The Mexican

8.8

1. raVen
    Jul 20, 2003
    Don't understand the critics on this one, unless they just had to let out all those bad reviews Julia and/or Brad hadn't let them vent in a while. The movie's truly funny--not least for its well-timed soundtrack and Pitt's I-can't-believe-that-just-happened-to-me expressions. Rent it. You'll have fun.
  2. FrankB.
    Sep 30, 2001
    Gandolfini is the reason to watch this "rentable" movie. Definitely under-rated by critics at 39.
  3. Cate
    Feb 16, 2002
    Don't know why it got so bad critics. I liked the film. It was great fun.
  4. DaveI.
    Aug 20, 2001
    If anyone ohter than Julia Roberts had played her role, this would have been a great movie. Pitt was like Redford from "Butch Cassidy."
  5. KevinR.
    Jan 10, 2009
    I really don't understand all the critics on this one. I'm usually not taken by this sort of film and have never been a Roberts fan, but this show is actually (amazingly) one of my favorite films ... I'm not sure why but it, for me is perfect blend of genres - I own it. Love it.
  6. Jul 15, 2013
    I love James Gandolfini and Brad Pitt- together the both shine. The Mexican is a 90's old town "aye-mama!" Mexican type thrillers. It's about a gun that is supposed to be cursed and a family man who thinks this job is his last- may get it. It may sound stupid but its funny, crooked story. Julia Roberts is good at least after her Razzie award career. Gandolfini is the villain in this dramaI love James Gandolfini and Brad Pitt- together the both shine. The Mexican is a 90's old town "aye-mama!" Mexican type thrillers. It's about a gun that is supposed to be cursed and a family man who thinks this job is his last- may get it. It may sound stupid but its funny, crooked story. Julia Roberts is good at least after her Razzie award career. Gandolfini is the villain in this drama comedy and Pitt is just simple awesome. Expand

Surprisingly enjoyable.
  2. This violently comic caper has some spunky charm going for it -- but has a lot of self-consciously hip, studied wackiness going against it.
  3. Feels patently inauthentic.