8.3

1. raVen
    Jul 20, 2003
    Don't understand the critics on this one, unless they just had to let out all those bad reviews Julia and/or Brad hadn't let them vent in a while. The movie's truly funny--not least for its well-timed soundtrack and Pitt's I-can't-believe-that-just-happened-to-me expressions. Rent it. You'll have fun.
  2. ChristianG.
    Apr 29, 2005
    Roberts and Pitt are charming, but they are apart most of the movie so we can't enjoy to see them together that much. Gandolfini is the real deal here, he is one amazing comedy actor.
  3. PatC.
    Jun 5, 2007
    A truly miserable little movie. But when Julia Robert's character goes into hyper female banshee mode, authenticity briefly emerges. As for the stop light at the flat desert road junction, anyone who discounts that traffic in Mexico can come out of nowhere has never driven there.
  4. TedB.
    Sep 18, 2001
    James Gandolfini steals the show here. The crazy brindle dog is super. There are times that this looks like it will become a good movie, but it just never makes it. Gandolfini and the dog make it tolerable.
  5. FrankB.
    Sep 30, 2001
    Gandolfini is the reason to watch this "rentable" movie. Definitely under-rated by critics at 39.
  6. Cate
    Feb 16, 2002
    Don't know why it got so bad critics. I liked the film. It was great fun.
  7. MaryZ.
    Mar 23, 2001
    Although Roberts and Pitt make a cute couple, Gandolfini and the mad dog steal the show. Suficiently enjoyable.
  8. DaveI.
    Aug 20, 2001
    If anyone ohter than Julia Roberts had played her role, this would have been a great movie. Pitt was like Redford from "Butch Cassidy."
  9. AndrewT.
    Dec 12, 2008
    The best scenes are between James Gandolfini and Julia Roberts: some of these are quite affecting. Gandolfini's character is interesting and his acting excellent. The rest of the film is an action/romantics farce which I found fun and entertaining until about the last 20 minutes, which I had to force myself to watch.
  10. KevinR.
    Jan 10, 2009
    I really don't understand all the critics on this one. I'm usually not taken by this sort of film and have never been a Roberts fan, but this show is actually (amazingly) one of my favorite films ... I'm not sure why but it, for me is perfect blend of genres - I own it. Love it.
  11. Joel
    May 24, 2008
    Even the all star cast couldnt really bring alot out of what is an average script at best. Roberts, Pitt and Gandolfini were all superb but at the end of the day the storyline got lost in itself and by the end I couldnt wait for it to finish.
  12. Jan 3, 2015
    The movie cannot be taken too seriously (yet it is not a comedy either). A fun watch, but not a movie you yearn to see time after time. Fine acting, and a wicked plot. It is nice to see how the same story differs when told by one person and then the other; everyone has their own version - and usually none of them is correct.
  13. Jul 15, 2013
    I love James Gandolfini and Brad Pitt- together the both shine. The Mexican is a 90's old town "aye-mama!" Mexican type thrillers. It's about a gun that is supposed to be cursed and a family man who thinks this job is his last- may get it. It may sound stupid but its funny, crooked story. Julia Roberts is good at least after her Razzie award career. Gandolfini is the villain in this dramaI love James Gandolfini and Brad Pitt- together the both shine. The Mexican is a 90's old town "aye-mama!" Mexican type thrillers. It's about a gun that is supposed to be cursed and a family man who thinks this job is his last- may get it. It may sound stupid but its funny, crooked story. Julia Roberts is good at least after her Razzie award career. Gandolfini is the villain in this drama comedy and Pitt is just simple awesome. Expand

Surprisingly enjoyable.
  2. This violently comic caper has some spunky charm going for it -- but has a lot of self-consciously hip, studied wackiness going against it.
  3. Feels patently inauthentic.