5.9

1. MauricioR.
    Apr 20, 2004
    I've seen it in Uruguay, i'm from there and i didn't like it, it was a very boring movie, sorry for TMJ ann Kate, i thought that something in the movie was missing...ZZZZZ.
  2. MauricioR.
    Apr 20, 2004
  3. MovieCritic
    Mar 12, 2004
    The movie has great directing, with awesome action sequences, and some very cool camera angles. Ron Howard IS a good director. Unfortunately, the movie is too long, and by the end, I just stopped caring. Whenever about to be rescued, the captors would do something to screw it up. I completely hated almost every character in the movie by the end of it. (Espechily Lilly, who, for reasons I The movie has great directing, with awesome action sequences, and some very cool camera angles. Ron Howard IS a good director. Unfortunately, the movie is too long, and by the end, I just stopped caring. Whenever about to be rescued, the captors would do something to screw it up. I completely hated almost every character in the movie by the end of it. (Espechily Lilly, who, for reasons I won't give away, seriously made me wish she wouldn't get rescued) At any rate, too long, and the characters were incredibly annoying. When there's not action on screan, it's just boring. Expand
  4. DouglasH.
    Apr 2, 2004
    Very disappointed... Ron Howard's worst movie.
  5. BenA.
    Apr 4, 2004
    This was actually better than I thought. Well acted, well directed even. I didn't like the whole evil Indian thing; that's overdone and not accurate. I didn't like how they threw in the supernatural stuff an hour and a half into the movie. Nice scenery and cinematography. Overall: rather mediocre.
  6. Oct 4, 2012
    It is an interesting film. The film is definitely well made. Some of the shots and scenery is very beautiful and the acting is up to par with the rest of the movie. I cannot say that I regretted having watched it. It is however, not really a movie in my taste. It

1. This murky, thriller-tinged Western has the terrain down cold -- from the wide-open spaces to the rocky vistas -- but beneath all the requisite genre trappings there's a vast, empty gulch where the affecting dramatic element should have been found.
  2. Reviewed by: Richard Schickel
    As for Blanchett, she's simply wonderful. She has played her share of queenly figures, but her acting essence is, emotionally speaking, plain-Jane. She's a straight shooter, with an uncanny ability to find a character's spine and communicate it without fuss or feathers.
  3. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Ron Howard has never before made a picture this raw and alive. At the same time, this tale of the desperate pursuit of the kidnappers of young women makes for a fundamentally grim and unpleasant experience.