Columbia Pictures | Release Date: November 19, 2003
5.9
Mixed or average reviews based on 40 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MartinB.Nov 27, 2003
Powerful drama and beautiful scenery!
AlbertF.Dec 8, 2003
Excellent, intense. Blanchett and Jones in great roles for them. I was surprised in many ways.
BrittanyH.Jan 18, 2004
This movie is a real thriller and i liked it.
LarryS.Mar 10, 2004
A good movie. Worth seeing for some very good performances by Blanchette and TLJ. The ending is a little too American ......... predictable and unimaginative but the bulk of the movie is well done.
GregT.Mar 2, 2004
I liked this movie despite the fact that I only rent Westerns when all else is unavailable. Generally to me, westerns are dry, dusty, understated and fake. However, Kate Blanchett plays a very serious role in this movie and Tommy Lee a more I liked this movie despite the fact that I only rent Westerns when all else is unavailable. Generally to me, westerns are dry, dusty, understated and fake. However, Kate Blanchett plays a very serious role in this movie and Tommy Lee a more questionable one, but this movie is interesting nonetheless. Worth renting. Expand
G.M.D.K.May 23, 2005
Very entertaining. Slightly predictable but yet a very good film in overall.
MitchH.Nov 26, 2003
Excellent western with great Blanchett and very good Jones. Beautiful photography, well told adventure story.
ChadS.Nov 28, 2003
Afraid that the audience might be getting bored, a sudden rush of water penetrates the mountain passageway, and if not for the nimble fingers of Jones, would drown a little girl. You're not going to find that scene in "The Searchers". Afraid that the audience might be getting bored, a sudden rush of water penetrates the mountain passageway, and if not for the nimble fingers of Jones, would drown a little girl. You're not going to find that scene in "The Searchers". It's a prime example of how commercial instincts kill art. And if you're going to hire Evan Rachel Wood, make her character smart. Given the situation, an intelligent person would know the difference between an attack and rescue. Wood is wasted here. But the photography, and Blanchett's occupation of some truly breathtaking tableaus, and her ability to connect with anybody who shares the screen with her, is enough to offset the overlong good magic/bad magic showdown between Jones and the "Indian", and an unnecessary extra fifteen-to-twenty minutes. Expand
KelR.Feb 11, 2004
I really enjoyed this movie. Great scenery and action. The acting was superb and convincing, plus Cate Blanchett is hot. See this movie, you won't regret it.
[Anonymous]Jul 27, 2005
A mixed bag, but some scenes are annoyinglyh blunt. Not much of a story, but interesting how they deal witht he situation, and how she makes peace with her father.
ScorpionMay 12, 2013
This is a good movie for those people who already went through the separation of the parents, because the characters and the outcome are moved by it, but for others it's just another Western plot to appeal to the side of emocinal they enjoy.