6.5

1. Aug 28, 2014
    I don't know if this movie was supposed to be funny, because aside from a few funny moments (and I mean few), it wasn't.

The acting was quite horrible, going overboard in every way. The characters didn't get enough life breathed into them to make them interesting or significant. Ethan's constant struggle to find love was ridiculous (his behavior didn't really make any sense, and his character was truly quite annoying).

All in all the plot was silly, the movie didn't seem to have any kind of solid direction, some of the characters were simply crazy, and as hard I may try, I just didn't enjoy this film. It's light, it doesn't take itself seriously, and it isn't funny or entertaining while doing that. Even the romantic journeys didn't have any kind of impact since they didn't come all the way through the film, but popped up at the last moment without a proper build-up.

Such a disappointment.

1. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    It's a crackpot of a soap opera, ornamented by a great deal of sexual humor, sexual innuendo and sex. Lead Daniel Letterle is a charmingly boyish actor, and the other featured players -- particularly veteran actress Meredith Baxter as Ethan's gay-wedding-planner mother -- are excellent.
  2. Reviewed by: Jorge Morales
    Unfabulous, unfunny, and unwatchable.
    It's a dud. To be fair, the source material (to which the film is unfortunately faithful) is itself a wan assemblage of creaky one-liners, overly familiar gay ghetto types and sitcom-inspired shenanigans.