8.4

1. Jun 11, 2011
    This movie is AMAZING!!!! It is very fast paced with a lot of action, comedy & pretty decent special effects too! It is very entertaining & extremely enjoyable.
  2. Feb 15, 2011
    This movie is the first of three and the best in the series, it has a great plot, enjoyable character, and drama and humor, a movie I would recommend seeing.
  3. May 25, 2013
    This was an amazing film. With a mixture of indiana jones, humor, horror, great storyline, great setting, music, and superb acting from Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah and Arnold Vosloo, you have got a great summer horror-adventure film.
  4. Aug 30, 2013
    Fantastic entertainment with great visuals, a creative, witty and inventive script that does not rely entirely on cliche to get through to audiences, amazing acting by all the cast, great costumes, beautiful locations in from the Middle East and a grand style about the film. A great, great film.
  5. kitty
    Jul 8, 2008
    I loved this movie, I have always enjoyed studying ancient Egypt (along with anything else ancient) ao this was my cup of tea.
  6. BrianD.
    Feb 9, 2001
    Pure escapism, never a dull moment. That's entertainment!
  7. samF
    Jul 20, 2008
    I can't understand how this got so low from the critics. This movie is alot of fun, i guess people spend time trying to compare it to something? I just enjoyed the movie the sequel is also amazing and i can't wait for the new one.
  8. RickJ.G.
    Feb 9, 2003
    A great guilty pleasure movie if there ever was one. Weisz is wonderful. She steals most of the show with her passion for her role, slapstick and her beauty. A lot of funny dialogue and moments in this movie. The one that stands out is when Imhotep's spell is cast over all of Egypt and every Egyptian becomes his slave, endlessly chanting "Imhotep, Imhotep, Imhotep..." They are like a A great guilty pleasure movie if there ever was one. Weisz is wonderful. She steals most of the show with her passion for her role, slapstick and her beauty. A lot of funny dialogue and moments in this movie. The one that stands out is when Imhotep's spell is cast over all of Egypt and every Egyptian becomes his slave, endlessly chanting "Imhotep, Imhotep, Imhotep..." They are like a human version of that army of flesh eating beetles that shows up from time to time during the movie. Escapism doesn't get any better than this. Expand
  9. MattJ.
    Sep 16, 2001
    It's not only action packed and funny, it's almost accurate in its historical information.
  10. JaredC.
    Aug 1, 2007
    It is so amazing, a bit corny but its a huge funfest of a time, every second is interesting or either appealing. Its the year's best film.

1. A pretty good job of zipping things along and occasionally scaring us, and the digital effects are fun.
    There is hardly a thing I can say in its favor, except that I was cheered by nearly every minute of it. I cannot argue for the script, the direction, the acting or even the mummy, but I can say that I was not bored and sometimes I was unreasonably pleased.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Horton
    Slouches in as a weightless, instantly forgettable picture.