The Mummy

8.9

1. Apr 2, 2012
    The movie is kind of movie when you have nothing else to do. It satisfies the feeling of needing to do something but leaves your mind 2 minutes after it is over.
  2. DavidD
    Jan 5, 2006
    Oh my god, what a bad "indiana Jones wanna be". Actually some of it was ok but i hated the "good guys". I have never wanted the "bad" guys to win more then this movie. With all that power, why didnt the mummy just kick some serious butt at the end? who knows.
  3. AndrewM.
    Jul 11, 2004
    In many ways, this is my sort of movie; brisk pace, exotic locale, enchanting story, and a doll like Weisz to look at! Normally that alone would ensure a better-than-average score from me... but this film just has a lifelessness about it, a soullessness (if that's a word ?) that meant it just didn't grab me and whisk me away with it's impressive sound and vision. I was In many ways, this is my sort of movie; brisk pace, exotic locale, enchanting story, and a doll like Weisz to look at! Normally that alone would ensure a better-than-average score from me... but this film just has a lifelessness about it, a soullessness (if that's a word ?) that meant it just didn't grab me and whisk me away with it's impressive sound and vision. I was surprised, as most people I had spoken to told me I would love it, but I barely liked it. I believe the film was let down by sub-par acting, a jerky narrative style to what is a fairly solid story, and a sense of indecision by the filmmakers as to whether it should be funnier, more serious, more historically accurate, more campy-horror story, more what?.... it seems to me they just tried to incorporate too much into the film and, because of that, none of it really gels together..... but Weisz really is beautiful..... Expand

1. A pretty good job of zipping things along and occasionally scaring us, and the digital effects are fun.
    There is hardly a thing I can say in its favor, except that I was cheered by nearly every minute of it. I cannot argue for the script, the direction, the acting or even the mummy, but I can say that I was not bored and sometimes I was unreasonably pleased.
  3. Film.com
    Reviewed by: Robert Horton
    Slouches in as a weightless, instantly forgettable picture.