7.7

1. Feb 16, 2014
    I've never liked Brendan Fraser as an actor in any movie, and this is no exception. The movie was actually pretty good, with a good story and okay script, but Fraser is marginal at best. There's something about him that makes it so that I can't take him seriously in any movie. The stupid, bad comedies he's done (Furry Vengeance, I'm looking at you) have damaged his reputation. The Mummy is a pretty serious movie, but I can't take Fraser seriously in it. He could play a businessman in a Wall Street thriller and I would still think that at any time he's going to resort to slapstick humor somehow. Expand
  2. Aug 30, 2013
    Fantastic entertainment with great visuals, a creative, witty and inventive script that does not rely entirely on cliche to get through to audiences, amazing acting by all the cast, great costumes, beautiful locations in from the Middle East and a grand style about the film. A great, great film.
  3. Jun 27, 2013
    An exceptionally thrilling adventure stocked full of action and laughs. One of the few widely known movies to showcase the eastern part of the world in such a lively entertaining way.
  4. May 25, 2013
    This was an amazing film. With a mixture of indiana jones, humor, horror, great storyline, great setting, music, and superb acting from Brendan Fraser, Rachel Weisz, John Hannah and Arnold Vosloo, you have got a great summer horror-adventure film.
  5. Mar 30, 2013
    Easily one of the most likeable/enjoyable movies you will ever see. It's really hard to say anything bad about it. Good action, Solid acting, Fraser and Weisz work wonders together. Just a really good movie.
  6. Mar 12, 2013
    Nowadays is very hard to find a good adventure movie like this. This is one of the first scary movies i watched as a kid. My score for "The mummy" is 8/10
  7. Mar 9, 2013
    I really like the mummy movies and maybe that's just because I'm fascinated with Ancient Egypt but whatever. This movie is a great adventure/action film. Disregard the whole thing where people are comparing this to Indiana Jones, I don't like to compare movies when I watch them unless they're a parody. To me these movies have their own identity and this movie is just great, go see it.
  8. Feb 25, 2013
    The Mummy is a classic adventure movie. The ancient Egyptian curse theme is compelling and the film is well paced. The cast is likable and there are more than enough decent action scenes to entertain. The Mummy is a superior blockbuster for the whole family.
  9. Jan 31, 2013
    A great movie that reminds me of 'Indiana Jones' fantasy this time.
  10. Nov 12, 2012
    I can say nothing for the acting, directing, writing, or anything for that matter. What I can say is that I enjoyed it. I still can't figure out why, but I enjoyed it.
  11. Apr 2, 2012
    The movie is kind of movie when you have nothing else to do. It satisfies the feeling of needing to do something but leaves your mind 2 minutes after it is over.
  12. Jan 24, 2012
    Its a good movie. The cast is fine, solid action, and it was interesting. The film has that "It" factor (cant really describe why its so good, it just is) and I enjoyed watching it.
  13. Sep 27, 2011
    "The Mummy" is a movie trying hard to be like the Indiana Jones franchise but turns out to be better than the average summer blockbuster.
  14. Jun 11, 2011
    This movie is AMAZING!!!! It is very fast paced with a lot of action, comedy & pretty decent special effects too! It is very entertaining & extremely enjoyable.
  15. May 13, 2011
    Better than you would think, this movie delivers a good, if predictable time. Weisz shines as a star and delivers a movie saving performace. Good Character development and good acting take what was likely to be a dull, average, forgettable movie and turn it into a solidly entertaining work.
  16. May 8, 2011
    i think then this remake is very good, maybe the fault of this movie is the parts of the comedy, but the special effects and some acting are so good . the story is strong and the music is ok, 120 minutes of god action
  17. Feb 15, 2011
    This movie is the first of three and the best in the series, it has a great plot, enjoyable character, and drama and humor, a movie I would recommend seeing.
  18. Dec 10, 2010
    'The Mummy' has the jokes, the action, and the chills along with the sneaky little educational references here and there that serve a refreshing mummy film ****
  19. Nov 2, 2010
    its like Indiana Jones except it doesn't have Harrison Ford in hit. my opinion: very entertaining.

1. A pretty good job of zipping things along and occasionally scaring us, and the digital effects are fun.
    There is hardly a thing I can say in its favor, except that I was cheered by nearly every minute of it. I cannot argue for the script, the direction, the acting or even the mummy, but I can say that I was not bored and sometimes I was unreasonably pleased.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Horton
    Slouches in as a weightless, instantly forgettable picture.